Best Anime Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Prime: Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collect… $44.99 (65% claimed)
Prime: Fraggle Rock: The Complete Ser… $27.99 (63% claimed)
Prime: Mortal Engines 4K $12.99 (43% claimed)
Prime: Sailor Moon Super S The Movie $15.99 (26% claimed)
Prime: The House with a Clock in Its … $9.99 (4 hours left)
Prime: Apollo 11 $12.99 (17% claimed)
Prime: Labyrinth 4K (30th Anniversary… $17.06 (16% claimed)
Prime: Sicario: Day of the Soldado 4K $14.99 (5 hours left)
Prime: Full Metal Panic!: Anime Class… $19.99 (12% claimed)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
FLCL: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99
5 hrs ago
Wolf Children (Blu-ray)
$14.63
1 hr ago
Hellsing Ultimate: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99

The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

Mazinger Z: Infinity (Blu-ray)
$16.55
6 hrs ago
Elfen Lied: Complete Collection Plus OVA (Blu-ray)
$66.29

Star Blazers 2202: Space Battleship Yamato  Part One (Blu-ray)
$50.99

Steins;Gate 0 - Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Outlaw Star: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.88

Phoenix: Perfect Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.03

Initial D Legend: Theatrical Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.19

DARLING in the FRANXX: Part One (Blu-ray)
$50.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion

Old 07-09-2015, 06:30 AM   #1
Special Member

Feb 2011
Default Official Vocaloid thread...

This thread for discussion, videos, and news/information on Vocaloid and like 'singers' and the artists who create the music.

So what is Vocaloid?:

http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Vocaloid_Wiki

I like all different Vocaloids, but Hatsune Miku will always be my personal favorite. For artists, my favorites right now are Soh Yoshioka, Aura Qualic, Muryoku-P, Okame-P, Utsu-P, Xenon-P...as I'm in an electronica and metal/heavy rock mood lately.

Soh Yoshioka:

Aura Qualic:

Muryoku-P:

Okame-P:

Ustu-P:

Xenon-P:

Not sure what it is about Vocaloid music... but I just can't stop listening to it and am always on the hunt for new and interesting artists who produce it.

Last edited by Vracer111; 07-09-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Thanks given by:
neoz (07-09-2015)
Old 07-09-2015, 06:44 AM   #2

Dec 2009

Nice thread, we need more threads like this in the anime section.

Not going lie, at first Vocaloids freaked me out. Not a huge fan of the 3D CGI but they have grown on me. I don't have any merchandise but I wouldn't mind getting some figma's one day.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:14 AM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2007
California

Hatsune Miku and her cast are always awesome, but the IA Project Vocaloid looks to be pretty awesome too based on what I see from the PS Vita game coming only to Japan later this month.

Hatsune Miku really seems to want people to know who she is. Appearing on David Letterman, U.S. car commercials, concerts and many other things. IA seems like she will be doing the same thing.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:27 AM   #4
Special Member

Feb 2011

Vocaloid is getting better all the time, already on Version 4 of the major Vocaloids and some of the songs being created are just stunning. I got interested in it a little bit when Miku first came out in 2007... then got hooked when trying to find better and better quality songs and after purchasing the first few CD's. You just need to find the genres you like and artist that do Vocaloid's justice in those genre's.

And the English songs are finally getting decent in being able to understand the lyrics - some of the newer English songs being made with Vocaloids that I like:

I do have a few merchandise items: CD albums (even an SACD album), the 2011 Miku Racing Queen figure, and the 100th Figma release (Miku Append version). And as much as I'd like to I just can't bring myself to get a vinyl Miku sticker for my car... can't stand decals/stickers on my vehicles, even debadge the factory emblems from my vehicles.

Last edited by Vracer111; 07-09-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Thanks given by:
neoz (07-09-2015)
Old 07-09-2015, 07:55 AM   #5
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Hatsune Miku and her cast are always awesome, but the IA Project Vocaloid looks to be pretty awesome too based on what I see from the PS Vita game coming only to Japan later this month.

Hatsune Miku really seems to want people to know who she is. Appearing on David Letterman, U.S. car commercials, concerts and many other things. IA seems like she will be doing the same thing.
Some of the songs I've heard and concert videos I've seen of IA have been very impressive...one of these days I'd like to get a nice Blu-Ray of a Vocaloid concert.

This was the video that cemented my Miku 'devotion' and set me down the mainly Vocaloid for music path:

[Show spoiler]Note: this is a later version of the video, the original one I saw doesn't exist anymore as Tripshots redid it to this version and took down the original.

And Miku does Moe quite well...

Last edited by Vracer111; 07-09-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #6
Special Member

Mar 2012
Florida (Originally Pennsylvania)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post

I'm going to import that IA game for sure, it looks like it'll be awesome! If it's anything like the Miku games I'm sure i'll love it.

If anyone is really into Miku or JRPG/Anime games in general I'd suggest getting a PS Vita if you can find one for a good price. The amount of anime games on this thing is insane! Plus the Miku games alone are pretty worth it. They have really cool videos for every song. It's a rhythm game similar to guitar hero but it also lets you watch the videos without having to play them if you want. Here's one of my favorites recently:

Last edited by bmsmcr; 07-09-2015 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:21 AM   #7
Special Member

Feb 2011

Don't forget Miku is also into auto racing...

A picture of my Hatsune Miku Append figma:

Rather than PS Vita and gaming, I would love to go the actual Crypton software route and actually create music. Unfortunately my musicality is not that great at all...mostly limited to listening to music. I have lots of stuff in my head but not the means/talent to put it into physical musical form. If only there was a way to mentally transfer stuff from your head to software on a computer - LOL

Last edited by Vracer111; 07-10-2015 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:28 AM   #8
Special Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
Don't forget Miku is also into auto racing...
I actually have the newest Racing Miku scale figure on pre-order, it's supposed to come out this month!

And as far as the software goes, my current computer isn't fast enough to use it at a speed at which I would like
Old 07-10-2015, 02:35 AM   #9
Special Member

Feb 2011

If anybody knows of any HD Vocaloid music albums (SACD albums) please post the information. I'm kind of an SACD advocate and it's my preferred audio media if available. The only one I know of and have is the Isao Tomita's Ihatov Symphony with Miku:

Even though only about half the songs have Miku in them it's still a beautiful album, especially on SACD format:

I'd love to see more classical Vocaloid!
Old 07-10-2015, 02:48 AM   #10
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsmcr View Post
I actually have the newest Racing Miku scale figure on pre-order, it's supposed to come out this month!

And as far as the software goes, my current computer isn't fast enough to use it at a speed at which I would like
Have you seen the latest 2015 Sepang version one though...she keeps getting less and less clothes every time...

NSFW!
[Show spoiler]

I really like the 2011 one I have (but that 2014 version is really cool!):

Old 07-10-2015, 04:26 AM   #11
Special Member

Feb 2011

And then there are the artists who cover Vocaloid songs, which then remind you just how incredible the human voice is - no matter how good Vocaloid's get they will always lack that special, inexpressibly complex beautiful quality of the human voice. My three favorite Vocaloid cover artists...

Jubyphonic

Rockleetist

Fye (mksmooney)
Old 07-10-2015, 05:01 AM   #12
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon

There's a Vocaloid thread on here now!? In that case, i'll post this pretty awesome video that someone made in Project DIVA F 2nd via the game's edit mode. I love this song!

Thanks given by:
bmsmcr (07-10-2015), Vracer111 (07-10-2015)
Old 07-10-2015, 06:36 PM   #13
Special Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-Kun View Post
There's a Vocaloid thread on here now!? In that case, i'll post this pretty awesome video that someone made in Project DIVA F 2nd via the game's edit mode. I love this song!

Thanks for sharing! I'm still trying to figure that mode out, it's so in depth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
Have you seen the latest 2015 Sepang version one though...she keeps getting less and less clothes every time...

NSFW!
[Show spoiler]
I saw that 2015 one, I don't like how they gave her a tan lol
Old 07-10-2015, 10:08 PM   #14
Special Member

Mar 2012

I played around with some edit songs today. Sadly the US version doesn't have as many user created songs as the Japanese version. Most of the US ones aren't done very well. The top 2 ranked ones are good though, just really perverted lol

The one song is "I Can Take My Panties Off" and the person has Miku dry humping Rin in it LMAO

The other is "+♂ (plus boy)" and it has Len eyeing Miku's butt and Luka's breasts

I tried a few other but they weren't done very well. I'll be on the hunt still. It's a cool way to get more songs in the game. I just wish more US users created awesome content like they do in the Japan version.

Last edited by bmsmcr; 07-10-2015 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:54 AM   #15
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon

Quote:
I just wish more US users created awesome content like they do in the Japan version.
If only SEGA made it that we can play any edits regardless of region...

Here is another pretty good edit for a song that I like. I'm surprised that this song hasn't been put into any of the games yet despite SPiCa appearing in multiple games already. I really need to get Dreamy Theater Extend one of these days...

Old 07-11-2015, 04:55 AM   #16
Special Member

Feb 2011

I just heard what has to be the most awesome song with Rin in it...

And just so Miku doesn't get left out.. this one has some interesting musicality I enjoy:

Old 07-11-2015, 05:11 AM   #17
Special Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
If only SEGA made it that we can play any edits regardless of region...

Here is another pretty good edit for a song that I like. I'm surprised that this song hasn't been put into any of the games yet despite SPiCa appearing in multiple games already. I really need to get Dreamy Theater Extend one of these days...

It stinks that Dreamy Theater doesn't have a US release. It would be nice of them to put it on the PSN market for US users like they do with other PSP games.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:26 AM   #18
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon

Quote:
It stinks that Dreamy Theater doesn't have a US release. It would be nice of them to put it on the PSN market for US users like they do with other PSP games.
If they did that, then they would have to localize the PSP Project DIVA games as well since Dreamy Theater requires a save file created on your PSP from those games in order for you to play it. Though it would be nice if they did as I would love to play the PSP games on my Vita...

Last edited by Richie-Kun; 07-11-2015 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:38 AM   #19
Special Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
If they did that, then they would have to localize the PSP Project DIVA games as well since Dreamy Theater requires a save file created on your PSP from those games in order for you to play it. Though I won't complain if they did as I would love to play the PSP games on my Vita...
Oh okay, the Dreamy Theater aspect always confused me lol

I just beat diva f 2nd on hard, they are extremely addicting games. I need to get the first "f" release now, wish it wasn't digital. You have a Vita?
Old 07-11-2015, 05:44 AM   #20
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon

Quote:
Oh okay, the Dreamy Theater aspect always confused me lol

I just beat diva f 2nd on hard, they are extremely addicting games. I need to get the first "f" release now, wish it wasn't digital. You have a Vita?
Yes, I have a Vita. If you want a physical copy of F, you can always get the PS3 version if you have a PS3. If not, importing the Japanese version of the game for Vita works too since the Vita is region-free.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion