Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

Wolf Children (Blu-ray)
$14.63

Hellsing Ultimate: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Sorcerer Hunters: The Complete TV Series and OVA (Blu-ray)
$31.82

FLCL: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Kimagure Orange Road: The Complete OVA Series & Movie (Blu-ray)
$38.19

High School DxD: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$31.19

Steins;Gate 0 - Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Elfen Lied: Complete Collection Plus OVA (Blu-ray)
$66.29

Black Clover: Season 1, Part 4 (Blu-ray)
$32.66
13 hrs ago
Steins;Gate 0 - Part One (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Attack on Titan: Season 3 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$39.79

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion

Old 07-24-2016, 12:02 PM   #1
Special Member

Aug 2013
Sydney, Australia
Default Anison and J-Pop discussion

Exactly what it says on the cover.
Anime music, Soundtracks and Japanese music discussion because I'm a total sucker for music (both Western and Japanese) and gotta channel that somewhere.
I've an ever growing OST and CD collection, I've actually got a really large CD order on the way full of Ayumi Hamasaki (I'm catching up, I only ever had her first best of for very many years and loved it), Koda Kumi and other assorted J-Pop CDs. Was thinking of picking up some Masami Okui (as I love her Utena songs to death) but she has so many albums I'd have no idea where to start

Obviously we'll kick off the thread with the most important song ever:
Anyone got any favourite artists?

Last edited by Sylontack; 07-24-2016 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:40 PM   #2

Oct 2014

Love Koda Kumi. I have every album, almost every sIngle, bluray, and DVD as well. Also a huge fan of Ayumi Hamasaki. Recently picked up many of her singles I was missing off ebay. Only missing her three recent albums.
ALso love Kana Nishino, JASMINE, OLIVIA, BoA, Namie Amuro, Mikuni Shimokawa. I have a huge huge collection of Jpop CDs. Got a few on the way currently.
Thanks given by:
Sylontack (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 03:32 AM   #3
Special Member

Aug 2013
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamaria87 View Post
Love Koda Kumi. I have every album, almost every sIngle, bluray, and DVD as well. Also a huge fan of Ayumi Hamasaki. Recently picked up many of her singles I was missing off ebay. Only missing her three recent albums.
ALso love Kana Nishino, JASMINE, OLIVIA, BoA, Namie Amuro, Mikuni Shimokawa. I have a huge huge collection of Jpop CDs. Got a few on the way currently.
My latest two Koda Kumi CDs just came in actually, I've spent the work day thus far listening to her second and third best of albums (incl. 8th Album Universe). I don't usually get 'best of's but I found the first Koda Kumi one in a nearby Pre-owned Japanese book shop near my work (I bought it for Cutie Honey of course) a while ago and I decided to follow through and get the next two. "A Best" was an anomaly in my collection.
I've yet to get into Namie Amuro, someone I know likes her but the only standout song to me so far is "Golden Touch", the rest comes off as the stuff that's pretty popular in the K-Pop scene which isn't really my style, I really like 90s/90s style stuff (stuff that sort of feels like Movin' On Without You - Hikaru Utada, Boys & Girls - Ayumi Hamasaki and Rinbu Revolution - Masomi Okui) so I've really got to take some time out of my day to check out her earlier stuff.
Thanks given by:
lunamaria87 (11-01-2018)
Old 07-26-2016, 05:52 AM   #4
Special Member

Feb 2011

My favorite anime soundtrack is the RWBY ones. Overall mostly into Vocaloid though, and would say that my favorite Japanese artists/groups are very selective and mainly the following: Riyu Kosaka (the original Riyu, not her newer remake of herself...), Bespa Kumamero, Tomoe Shinohara, MELL, and Momoe Yamaguchi.

Last edited by Vracer111; 07-26-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:08 PM   #5

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylontack View Post
My latest two Koda Kumi CDs just came in actually, I've spent the work day thus far listening to her second and third best of albums (incl. 8th Album Universe). I don't usually get 'best of's but I found the first Koda Kumi one in a nearby Pre-owned Japanese book shop near my work (I bought it for Cutie Honey of course) a while ago and I decided to follow through and get the next two. "A Best" was an anomaly in my collection.
I've yet to get into Namie Amuro, someone I know likes her but the only standout song to me so far is "Golden Touch", the rest comes off as the stuff that's pretty popular in the K-Pop scene which isn't really my style, I really like 90s/90s style stuff (stuff that sort of feels like Movin' On Without You - Hikaru Utada, Boys & Girls - Ayumi Hamasaki and Rinbu Revolution - Masomi Okui) so I've really got to take some time out of my day to check out her earlier stuff.
If Definitely check out Namie's older music. Its very 90s and so much better than her newer music. Ive been into her since her album Style. Which is a great album.

Lately I have really gotten into Bonnie Pink, Tomioko Van, and Nana Mizuki again. I switch my music style a lot. I have so many Jpop Cds ita ridiculous. Lol
Old 11-01-2018, 02:17 AM   #6

Oct 2014

Bumping...anyone else listening to any Jpop or anime music lately?

Ive been listening to a lot as I do a Jpop podcast weekly entitled Obgaku to You.

Me personally been into a lot of 90s and early 00s Jpop recently. My collection has expanded
Old 11-01-2018, 03:22 AM   #7

Aug 2018
Canada, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamaria87 View Post
Bumping...anyone else listening to any Jpop or anime music lately?

Ive been listening to a lot as I do a Jpop podcast weekly entitled Obgaku to You.

Me personally been into a lot of 90s and early 00s Jpop recently. My collection has expanded
Check out M.O.V.E. you might enjoy there work!
I personally have all there albums and they were one of my favoirte Jpop acts.

They were very popular among Initial D anime fans since they did almost all the opening/closing songs for the series.

Just point out 2 from the Anime, but they got a lot more. They are disbanded now though

Thanks given by:
lunamaria87 (11-01-2018)
Old 11-02-2018, 01:23 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2015
Great White North

To each their own as far as classifying their music interests I suppose but when I personally think of "J-Pop and K-Pop", it brings to mind teen-age girl and boy bands with more emphasis on sexual innuendos than the music they produce.
Bands like "M.O.V.E." and others of their ilk I simply think of as really good musicians. Just because they come from Japan, Korea, Taiwan or other Asian countries does not make them "*-Pop" in my own estimation.
But no worries, call 'em as ya see 'em I suppose...

edit: but that's where the "Anison" part of the equation comes in I guess, though I'm not very familiar with what groups are dedicated to Anime soundtracks, I suppose some are....

Last edited by Gorgon; 11-02-2018 at 01:36 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion