Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99

The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Kimagure Orange Road: The Complete OVA Series & Movie (Blu-ray)
$38.19

Wolf Children (Blu-ray)
$14.63

The Case of Hana & Alice (Blu-ray)
$21.99
11 hrs ago
FLCL: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Hellsing Ultimate: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Elfen Lied: Complete Collection Plus OVA (Blu-ray)
$66.29

Steins;Gate 0 - Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Sorcerer Hunters: The Complete TV Series and OVA (Blu-ray)
$31.82

Metropolis (Blu-ray)
$18.55
13 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion

Old 06-26-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
Blu-ray Count

May 2009
Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Default Favorite Anime Couples/Pairings

Pretty self explanatory here, but post some of your all-time favorite couples/pairing in anime. Can be canon or non-canon.

A recent favorite of mine is Eureka and Renton from the Eureka Seven series. The character arcs for the two leads (particularly Eureka) sold me on their overall chemistry and basically helped solidify the series as a whole. It made moments such as
[Show spoiler]the skyfall scene, Eureka trying out make-up to please Renton, Renton properly confessing his love to Eureka, and Eureka and Renton kissing for the first time
all the more memorable because of the trials they had to overcome. I can say similar things to the movie counterpart (Pocketful of Rainbows) although the ending was more bittersweet than I'd like it to be (same with the manga and apparently AO, which is why the original has a special place in my heart).

Another recent one for me was Taki and Mitsuha from Your Name (Kimi no Nawa). The way Makoto Shinkai utilized the body-switching trope to bring the two leads together throughout the movie was unique and made their inevitable reunion at the very end all the more emotionally gratifying (and why Your Name is the best anime movie since Spirited Away).

Post your OTP here y'all (and no arguing on best pairings).
Old 06-26-2017, 01:57 PM   #2
Power Member

Apr 2011
Baltimore

Goku and Vegeta
Old 06-26-2017, 02:05 PM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

No contest....

[Show spoiler]

Thanks given by:
Dragon Ranger (07-17-2018), Gouki (07-02-2017), IronWaffle (06-27-2017), professorwho (06-27-2017)
Old 06-26-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2012
Denmark

Also whatever their names are in KareKano.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:38 PM   #5

May 2015
Pennsylvania, USA

Finally, a chance to expose the deep pool of my secret shipper heart!

I'm kidding (sort of), as I generally don't get too wrapped up in routing for certain pairings, but occasionally I'll get caught up in a relationship because of how the characters interact, and the anticipation of what may be. Oddly, I'm not really all that emotional myself in terms of expression, but I'm a sucker for sentimentality.

Kousei and Tsubaki (Your Lie in April) - While this is probably hugely unpopular, I always loved their potential as a couple. As poetic as the main pairing is (the driving force of the show), there was always something so poignant about the relationship between these childhood friends, and Tsubaki's growing love for him beyond that of a surrogate brother. I found their relationship far more interesting for the foundation of a great romance. I never expected them to end up together, so it was sweet that the ending seems to indicate that they may have a future together yet.

Naruto and Hinata (Naruto, duh) - I'm not trying to poke the bear on this one, so regardless of where you stand, I couldn't have been happier with how this turned out. I binged watched the entire show (plus movies) over a period 5 months and timed it just as it ended this past April. It never seemed like any other outcome was remotely plausible (okay, a little poke).

Taichi and Inaba (Kokoro Connect) - Inaba is one of my favorite characters in all of Anime, so it was a great and pleasant surprise when the last episode ended with these two character in an actual relationship. It was unexpected, even though I was pulling for them. Really wish they could come to terms and get on with another season, since I need more Inaba, but tis not to be.

Taiga and Ryuuji (Toradora!) - Not much has to be said here. I just recently watched this show for the first time, but I loved their chemistry. Simple story set-up but with a great delivery. One of the best kisses in Anime.

Ed and Winry (FMA Brotherhood) - Didn't really need to happen since their relationship wasn't in any way front and center, or entirely vital to the show, but it made sense and I liked how they handled it building a relationship periodically throughout the series until that nice little finale

Eren and Mikasa (Attack on Titan) - Like the couple above, I don't really need two to get together in an official capacity, but ending up in a solid relationship would not be such a bad finale for these two, especially Eren. This is one I doubt will happen, and I'm okay with that.

Akane and Kogami (Psycho-Pass) - I apologize in advance for vulgarity. When it comes to non-romance Anime, the pattern for me (if you haven't guessed already) is that I generally don't have a serious horse in any of the races if the main thrust of the story isn't romance, but there can be elements of romance in any genre, so there are times where I think a certain pairing feels right. In the case of Akane and Kogami, there is an unspoken thing built on mutual respect and admiration that goes beyond that. Whenever I see them interact, all I can think about is, "damn, these two just need to f*ck already". I don't need them in a love-conquers-all relationship, but those two just really need to f*ck.

Nagate and Izana (Knights of Sidonia) - Some of the best relationships I get caught up in are those that sneak up on you. This is a pairing that never crossed my mind at the beginning and then I was all about it. With a fascinating approach using the idea of a non-binary gender, and a second season that seemed to put these two on a inexorable collision course, they ended up in a way that I was satisfied with. However, based on what I've heard about how the manga ends, I hope they either never make a 3rd season, or dramatically alter it. It would be beyond depressing to unravel all of that for such a nonsensical conclusion.
Thanks given by:
GLaDOS (06-26-2017), tigertron (12-09-2018)
Old 06-26-2017, 07:21 PM   #6
Banned

Jan 2014

That's a simple one to answer-Yusaku Godai and Kyoko Otonashi from Maison Ikkoku.
Thanks given by:
Gouki (07-02-2017), Nostalgic Twilight (06-26-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 12:25 AM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

Reinhard x Kircheis... (Lol, yeah right...)

My absolute favourite is:

Hikigaya Hachiman x Yukinoshita Yukino (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU)

SNAFU is among my favourite anime ever, as I was 100% Hachiman, and I was madly in love with a girl like Yukinoshita back in High School. Man, how similar it really was. SEASON 3? I'd kill to see one, and with a proper ending- original or not, it doesn't matter.

This scene man... This is up with Evangelion, Death Note and LOTGH as among the best monologues in anime history:

I HIGHLY Recommend everyone watch SNAFU.

Last edited by professorwho; 06-27-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Thanks given by:
Gouki (07-02-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 12:38 AM   #8
Special Member

Oct 2010
Columbia, MD
Default Favorite Anime Couples/Pairings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouncilSpectre View Post
No contest....

[Show spoiler]

You mean SLIGHT contest

[Show spoiler]

Too bad their courtship was condensed into a two episodes, the second of which was their wedding and arguably the most poorly animated of the series all of which I'd love to get "the Yamato 2199 treatment"!)

Last edited by IronWaffle; 06-27-2017 at 02:11 AM.
Thanks given by:
CouncilSpectre (12-09-2018), Gouki (07-02-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 12:54 AM   #9
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Lisa Hayes and Rick Hunter are now and forever my favorite anime couple of all-time.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:01 PM   #10
Special Member

Apr 2010

Alright, obligatorily entries first!

Kyoko and Yusaku:

Misa and Hikaru:

Milia and Max:

Ok, new entries!:

Fyana and Chirico:

Madoka and Kyosuke:

Ifurita and Makoto:

Maya and Harlock:

Yuki and Susumu:

Hitagi and Koyomi:

Mimsy and Kei:

Holo and Craft:

Four and Camille:

Lalah and Char:

Haman and Char: (Fight me)

I have a huge soft sport for romance in anime...
Thanks given by:
professorwho (07-03-2017)
Old 03-17-2018, 09:22 PM   #11
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

I can't believe no one has mentioned Tomoya Okazaki and Nagisa Furukawa from Clannad.

My personal favorite anime couple is Kraft Lawrence and Holo in Spice and Wolf.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:09 PM   #12
Expert Member

May 2016

Ranma and Akane all the way. The ultimate bickering couple.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:43 AM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2016
Quixote's Coop at Bucketheadland
Default Baccano!

Isaac Dian & Miria Harvent:

These 2 are a riot! lol

Last edited by BucketheadPikes; 07-17-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:53 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015

Howl & Sophie

Ken & Julia

Freeman & Emu

Old 07-17-2018, 09:09 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2016
Quixote's Coop at Bucketheadland
Default Basilisk

Gennosuke Kouga & Oboro Iga:

Oboro Iga and Gennosuke Kouga (2).jpg
Old 12-09-2018, 09:06 AM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscape94 View Post
Akane and Kogami (Psycho-Pass) - I apologize in advance for vulgarity. When it comes to non-romance Anime, the pattern for me (if you haven't guessed already) is that I generally don't have a serious horse in any of the races if the main thrust of the story isn't romance, but there can be elements of romance in any genre, so there are times where I think a certain pairing feels right. In the case of Akane and Kogami, there is an unspoken thing built on mutual respect and admiration that goes beyond that. Whenever I see them interact, all I can think about is, "damn, these two just need to f*ck already". I don't need them in a love-conquers-all relationship, but those two just really need to f*ck.
A 1000 times this. I actually thought
[Show spoiler]they would get together in the movie, but I guess they're going to keep stringing us along.

My choice: Asuna and Kirito from Sword Art Online.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion