Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Blu-ray)
$24.96
11 hrs ago
The Lover 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.99
 
The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection Vol 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99
1 day ago
Drowning by Numbers 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.92
21 hrs ago
Ronin 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$39.99
 
Raiders of the Lost Ark 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.54
18 hrs ago
The Manchurian Candidate 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Edge of Tomorrow 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Cool Hand Luke 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
 
The Batman 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: Which team will win this year's NBA Championship from the bubble?
LA Lakers in 4 games 2 7.41%
LA Lakers in 5 games 8 29.63%
LA Lakers in 6 games 9 33.33%
LA Lakers in 7 games 1 3.70%
Miami Heat in 4 games 0 0%
Miami Heat in 5 games 0 0%
Miami Heat in 6 games 5 18.52%
Miami Heat in 7 games 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 02:27 AM   #84821
El Rey El Rey is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
El Rey's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA
175
450
42
Default

yesterday's wild rumor is that Kyrie is trying to recruit Bron to Dallas. Not sure how this is possible though, Lakers aren't going to trade him and even if they did, they would want Luka in return. Word is it's just maneuvering by Kyrie and Lebron are trying to get Kyrie to LA even though the Lakers insist they won't give max money to Kyrie and Dallas won't do a sign and trade deal with the Lakers. I am sure if the right proposal was made all parties would get a sign and trade done.
And then the other rumor around Dallas today is they want to hire Jeff Van Gundy as an assistant for Kidd's bench. This seems crazy too as why would JVG want to leave his cushy announcing gig to be an assistant.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #84822
Azyiu Azyiu is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Azyiu's Avatar
 
May 2008
The Center of Smoked Bacon Research
5
362
54
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
yesterday's wild rumor is that Kyrie is trying to recruit Bron to Dallas. Not sure how this is possible though, Lakers aren't going to trade him and even if they did, they would want Luka in return. Word is it's just maneuvering by Kyrie and Lebron are trying to get Kyrie to LA even though the Lakers insist they won't give max money to Kyrie and Dallas won't do a sign and trade deal with the Lakers. I am sure if the right proposal was made all parties would get a sign and trade done.
And then the other rumor around Dallas today is they want to hire Jeff Van Gundy as an assistant for Kidd's bench. This seems crazy too as why would JVG want to leave his cushy announcing gig to be an assistant.
I just LOL'd when I heard that story. Let's assume we wanted him unless he is willing to take a massive pay cut and ask for around $10M, we simply have NO cap room to sign Kyrie. Dallas also doesn't have any pieces we want not named Luka either. What about a sign and trade? I forgot the technical details, but I think it could trigger a hard cap once it is executed, and we cannot afford to have him under these circumstances.

So no, realistically Kyrie ain't coming to play with LeBron in LA. I think someone from his camp threw that story out for his benefit.

And speaking of the Lakers, we need to give AD an extension this summer. We can't afford any instability next summer, and he is as good as we can get in terms of star players concerned.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bruceames (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM   #84823
El Rey El Rey is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
El Rey's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA
175
450
42
Default

normally I would've treated that like crazy NBA twitter fan theory but Shams put it out there with absolutely no follow up on how it would work or makes any kind of sense (it doesn't)
Eh I am lukewarm on extending AD. Any key FA's next offseason? Should check out the market next offseason first.

Kerr was on Draymond's podcast earlier this week and while they were discussing and heaping praise on Miami, Kerr made a statement that no one on the Heat roster is complaining about playing time and so-and-so is getting minutes over me, which everyone took as shots at both Poole and Kuminga.

Also not sure if anyone has seen but the latest on the Ja situation, sources close to him are trying to say it was a toy gun in that last video

Yo, WestE - you see that report last week that Zion and Ingram refusing to work out with team trainers last season

Quote:
Zion Williamson And Brandon Ingram Allegedly Refused To Play And Work With Pelicans Staff During The Season
ORLANDO SILVAJUN 2, 2023
The New Orleans Pelicans were expected to be one of the surprise teams of the 2022-23 NBA season, yet they couldn't keep up the level during the entire season, ultimately losing to an inexperienced Oklahoma City Thunder team in the play-in tournament.

Zion Williamson and Brandon Ingram are expected to lead this team to compete for big things, but this season they were involved in a series of controversies with the team management.

"At different points, Zion refused to work with VP of Player Care and Performance Aaron Nelson. Brandon Ingram has sometimes seemed unwilling to play through minor discomfort, to the point where some of his teammates have become frustrated with him over the past two years," Christian Clark of Nola.com writes.

Added to Williamson missing a lot of games due to injury, Brandon Ingram also stated in a similar situation. The player hurt one of his toes, and what started as a simple injury turned out to be weeks of inactivity for the forward.

"Brandon Ingram sat out 29 consecutive games with an injury the team described as a left toe contusion. Ingram kicked the back of a Memphis Grizzlies player’s foot in November. Two days after the injury, Pelicans coach Willie Green said Ingram was 'day to day.'


"Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into months. Ingram did not play again until Jan. 25 — exactly two months after hurting his toe. During this time, there was significant frustration in the Pelicans organization about Ingram’s extended absence. Several people felt that Ingram was capable of playing."

This isn't a good thing for the Pelicans, as these two are expected to lead them to compete for championships. Losing them would be painful, but these situations could prompt the team to make a drastic decision regarding their star duo.

The Pelicans Are Putting Pressure On Zion Williamson To Resume Playing
Zion has raised a lot of eyebrows during this season, as he's been criticized for his bad shape once again. The Pelicans GM is putting pressure on him to come back to the court because he's missed a lot of games, and the Pels seem to be running out of patience for Williamson.

Hypothetical trades involving the Pels all include Zion, as many think the team will give up on the former No. 1 overall pick. The relationship between both parties doesn't seem like the best, and even less when the general manager calls out Williamson.

Last edited by El Rey; Yesterday at 08:21 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM   #84824
Lacit170 Lacit170 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Lacit170's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
CT
39
593
258
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
normally I would've treated that like crazy NBA twitter fan theory but Shams put it out there with absolutely no follow up on how it would work or makes any kind of sense (it doesn't)
Eh I am lukewarm on extending AD. Any key FA's next offseason? Should check out the market next offseason first.

Kerr was on Draymond's podcast earlier this week and while they were discussing and heaping praise on Miami, Kerr made a statement that no one on the Heat roster is complaining about playing time and so-and-so is getting minutes over me, which everyone took as shots at both Poole and Kuminga.

Also not sure if anyone has seen but the latest on the Ja situation, sources close to him are trying to say it was a toy gun in that last video

Yo, WestE - you see that report last week that Zion and Ingram refusing to work out with team trainers last season
i dont understand then....is management saying their training staff cleared both to play, yet Ingram and Zion simply refused?

Last edited by Lacit170; Yesterday at 08:38 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM   #84825
Azyiu Azyiu is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Azyiu's Avatar
 
May 2008
The Center of Smoked Bacon Research
5
362
54
14
Default

800-year-old Chris Paul is now an unrestricted free agent after he was waived by the Suns.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #84826
El Rey El Rey is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
El Rey's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA
175
450
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacit170 View Post
i dont understand then....is management saying their training staff cleared both to play, yet Ingram and Zion simply refused?
this story is a summary really, the one I saw last week and can't find now went into more depth, that the NOLA training staff would try to get Zion to commit more time to rehab and he just wouldn't. I mean at this point I think Zion is pretty much a lost cause as far as keeping healthy and on the court. What stood out more to me was Ingram and the belief by other teammates that he could've played but wasn't, injuries weren't as severe as believed. But the team was at the top of the West at the beginning of the year and then just plummeted due to both missing so much time.

BleacherReport is reporting the Suns are waiving Chris Paul. Would be a great pick up by the Lakers instead of trying to land Kyrie. With his age I do think the should play the load management game during the season though, since he is always injured come the playoffs.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bruceames (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM   #84827
Ray O. Blu Ray O. Blu is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Ray O. Blu's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
The
-
-
50
6
Default

A toy gun?

Does Ja & his camp think the rest of the world is as stupid as they are?
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:25 AM   #84828
Russ103 Russ103 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Russ103's Avatar
 
May 2010
Australia
15
960
159
10
Default

Damn Zion! Dude kept busy off the court.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:42 AM   #84829
JDub1 JDub1 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jan 2015
Iowa, The Hawkeye State
66
Default

I wonder of Jimmy Buffett is at game 3 in Miami?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:25 AM.