Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
4 hrs ago
Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
 
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$70.00
 
Rocketman 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Dynasties 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
 
Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.50
 
The Shining 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Gremlins 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2019, 06:07 AM   #3861
deanspot deanspot is online now
Junior Member
 
Oct 2018
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
With the 820 I got a free 4K movie of my choice. That was a pleasant surprise.
I went for Blade Runner 2049. One of the best looking movies I have ever seen.
hi how to get free 4k movie with purchase of ub820 ?

with certain retailer?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:25 PM   #3862
spider-neil spider-neil is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanspot View Post
hi how to get free 4k movie with purchase of ub820 ?

with certain retailer?
Are you in the US or UK?
I'm in the UK and when I bought my player on Amazon there was a flyer inside for the free movie. You create an account with Zoom.com and choose the movie from a limited selection. Just yesterday I received my movie. Very happy as I was going to get this movie anyway.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:26 PM   #3863
spider-neil spider-neil is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Zohn View Post
Summertime Flash Sale on the UB9000 and UB820! Ends Sunday, June 23rd.

- UB9000, *5% Instant Rebate with Visa, MasterCard or AMEX purchase, all in delivered $949.00

- UB820, *10% Instant Rebate with Visa, MasterCard or AMEX, all in delivered $449.98

*Exclusively at Value Electronics
Why is the 820 so much cheaper in the UK (£290)?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:42 PM   #3864
RodChester RodChester is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
RodChester's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Illinois
63
131
2526
141
73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Why is the 820 so much cheaper in the UK (£290)?
Exchange rates. Manufacturing costs. Shipping costs. Prices the market will support.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:49 PM   #3865
cgpublic cgpublic is offline
Special Member
 
cgpublic's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Gotham
106
554
32
194
53
251
23
4
Default Father Of The Drive

A very Happy Father's Day indeed! Next up, LG UBK90 vs. Sony X800 vs. Panny UB820, in 'Three Go In, Two Survive The Shelf' (update: a sad song for Sony):

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
al210 (06-18-2019), Robert Zohn (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 02:55 PM   #3866
Robert Zohn Robert Zohn is offline
Retailer Insider
 
Robert Zohn's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY
2
Default

Look forward to your evaluation!

Please remember to activate the HDR Optimizer in the UB820's OSD menu after you select your display type.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
cgpublic (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 03:17 PM   #3867
deanspot deanspot is online now
Junior Member
 
Oct 2018
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Are you in the US or UK?
I'm in the UK and when I bought my player on Amazon there was a flyer inside for the free movie. You create an account with Zoom.com and choose the movie from a limited selection. Just yesterday I received my movie. Very happy as I was going to get this movie anyway.
oh thanks for that. too bad Zoom donít ship to singapore .
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:34 PM   #3868
al210 al210 is offline
Member
 
al210's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Default

My 820 is out for delivery today from Robert of VE. Can't wait to see how Dolby Vision 4K disks look on my new 77C9.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Robert Zohn (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 03:41 PM   #3869
al210 al210 is offline
Member
 
al210's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Default

Am I correct in reading that the HDR optimizer function does not work with Dolby Vision disks only HDR10?

Also, on the C9 should I leave "Dynamic Tone Mapping" off when using the 820's HDR optimizer?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:55 PM   #3870
McGarnigal McGarnigal is offline
Power Member
 
McGarnigal's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
45
262
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by al210 View Post
Am I correct in reading that the HDR optimizer function does not work with Dolby Vision disks only HDR10?

Also, on the C9 should I leave "Dynamic Tone Mapping" off when using the 820's HDR optimizer?
First question: Yes/Correct

Second question: Yes you should turn it off, but you can try using them both in tandem. It will make the image brighter.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
al210 (06-18-2019), Robert Zohn (06-18-2019), sapiendut (Yesterday)
Old 06-18-2019, 04:21 PM   #3871
FilmFreakosaurus FilmFreakosaurus is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Apr 2012
US of A
306
17
Default

Can this problem of highlight clipping with Dolby Vision content be corrected with a firmware update?
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM   #3872
kevers7290 kevers7290 is offline
Special Member
 
kevers7290's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
58
101
Default

Hey all, my UB820 finally arrived today and I'm very impressed with it so far. I have just a couple of questions regarding some of the settings that to me are a tad confusing.

-HDR/Color Gamut Output--should I set this to HDR auto, SDR auto, or SDR BT709? I am viewing on an LG OLED B8 if that makes a difference. I don't want to apply any "faux HDR" to SDR sources, so I'm not sure if that is controlled by this setting.

-BD-Video Secondary Audio--Auto, on or off? Most seem to suggest setting this to "off," but can someone explain why? I am routing audio into a Pioneer VSX-531 receiver (via dedicated HDMI audio out).

Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM   #3873
FilmFreakosaurus FilmFreakosaurus is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Apr 2012
US of A
306
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevers7290 View Post
Hey all, my UB820 finally arrived today and I'm very impressed with it so far. I have just a couple of questions regarding some of the settings that to me are a tad confusing.

-HDR/Color Gamut Output--should I set this to HDR auto, SDR auto, or SDR BT709? I am viewing on an LG OLED B8 if that makes a difference. I don't want to apply any "faux HDR" to SDR sources, so I'm not sure if that is controlled by this setting.

-BD-Video Secondary Audio--Auto, on or off? Most seem to suggest setting this to "off," but can someone explain why? I am routing audio into a Pioneer VSX-531 receiver (via dedicated HDMI audio out).

Thanks!
Secondary Audio to off. You want to bitstream raw audio data to your receiver to decode. Dynamic Range Control to off as well as PCM down-conversion.

HDR auto. Sends appropriate HDR data to your TV.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
kevers7290 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM   #3874
kevers7290 kevers7290 is offline
Special Member
 
kevers7290's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
58
101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFreakosaurus View Post
Secondary Audio to off. You want to bitstream raw audio data to your receiver to decode. Dynamic Range Control to off as well as PCM down-conversion.

HDR auto. Sends appropriate HDR data to your TV.
Thanks for the quick response! One more Q: should "high clarity sound" be set to off if I'm only viewing movies? Seems like a setting for those that want to use the player for high resolution music listening.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM   #3875
sapiendut sapiendut is offline
Special Member
 
sapiendut's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Canada
1
1
Default

That is correct.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
kevers7290 (Yesterday)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology

Tags
panasonic, ub820, ub9000, value electronics

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:26 AM.