Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Night Strangler (Blu-ray)
$19.34

The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.49

Doctor Who: The Complete Ninth Series (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Doctor Who: The Complete Tenth Series (Blu-ray)
$21.99

The Expanse: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Class: Season One (Blu-ray)
$8.99

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 3 - Stardust Crusaders Battle in Egypt (Blu-ray)
$61.12

Poldark: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.49

Doctor Who: Tom Baker - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Rome: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.96
1 hr ago
Hunter  Hunter: Set 5 (Blu-ray)
$41.26

The 100: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$32.89

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 09-12-2008, 02:33 AM   #1
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
Default The CW's "Smallville" Discussion (2001-2011)

The End is the Beginning

Last edited by Diesel; 05-14-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:44 AM   #2
Banned

Apr 2008
Send a message via AIM to alexakajeff

Used to be. I eventually just stopped. Lost my interest.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:41 AM   #3

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexakajeff View Post
Used to be. I eventually just stopped. Lost my interest.
Yeah me too. I got into it late (around mid season three). But eventually I noticed it was pretty much the same plot over and over again with the baddie of the week and nothing ever changing.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:16 AM   #4
Expert Member

Apr 2007
Newark, CA

I use to be a big fan, but as the seasons went on and the story got more and more whack, I lost interest.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
Power Member

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I think it gotten better since it has gone on, the sixth season was awesome by introducing the J.L.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #6
Power Member

Aug 2008
Washington D.C.

I started watching once I went HD DVR in 2006. I think the last couple years (season 6 and 7) are better because the story line is getting more adult, more dark and more sinister. Which I like. The reruns I see of season 1- 5 seem somewhat juvenile when Clark was in High School. Lex used to be just somewhat of an annoying person instead of an real villian but in Season 6 and 7 especially after he killed his Dad, Lex is becoming a evil genius and a more maniacal villian.

Last edited by E55 KEV; 09-13-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:38 PM   #7

Jul 2008

Supernatural is MUCH better than Smallville. They have terrific writers because it's not the same thing every episode. There are twists and turns and most of the time there's an ending that you don't see coming. Plus there is great music, too.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #8

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeclover View Post
HEY!!!
Oh and just in case you didnt already know Smallvilles season 7 is out today on DVD! Go get yourself a set!
DVD? DVD??!?

D...V...D?!?

Someone remove this man's board membership ASAP!

Old 09-13-2008, 03:08 PM   #9
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

I am a fan of the show.

AND!!! A good friend of mine, just YESTERDAY, was on set filming an episode. He plays a corpse in an episode of the eighth season with Dr. Bloom and Chloe finding some kind of evidence under his fingernails. I'm looking forward to seeing it. He snatched the toe-tag that he was wearing in the scene and said that he'd probably give it to me.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008

lost interest in it
Old 09-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #11
Power Member

Sep 2007
Central Florida

I've enjoyed Smallville since it started, but I did lose interest for a while and now got the DVD's through Season 4 which I just finished. I do want to watch the rest of them when the DVD's are priced at $15 each like they do every now and then.

And yes, DVD's, the DVD's of the show are just fine for me. lol.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

I was a big fan but today I just watch it for the sake of seeing the entire series. Whenever I see a preview for the next episode, I'd get siked, but in the end it wasn't that great.

I'm actually looking forward to the next season though, because Lex is in some JLA jail and this Dr. Bloom guy slowly starts to become DOOMSDAY!

..... oh, and getting rid of Supergirl for this new season was a bad idea... she had so much of potential
Old 09-13-2008, 07:46 PM   #13

May 2008

Seems like a lot of people lost interest.

I watched this show all the time for the first 6 seasons, but wow the 7th season was awful...I NEVER missed an episode until the 7th season. I didn't even care to download the ones I missed because the one's I watched were that bad. What happened?!
I got tired of the recycled storylines...."oh looks like red kryponite affects Clark again", "oh no! Jor-el took Clarks powers for the 3rd time". I will try to give the 8th a chance...they are bringing back Justice League so that's kinda cool.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopshoot View Post
I watched this show all the time for the first 6 seasons, but wow the 7th season was awful...I NEVER missed an episode until the 7th season. I didn't even care to download the ones I missed because the one's I watched were that bad. What happened?!
Well here is what happened:

[Show spoiler]Bizarro was imitating Clark while Jor-El froze him at the Fortress. I forgot how he gets out, but Lana (with Clark's help) kills Bizarro with (white?) kryptonite. Brainiac is up to no good, he puts Lana in this coma like state and takes Supergirl hostage back to Krypton. Lex kills his father. Clark believes Kara is communicating to him from the past on Krypton. I forgot what happens but Kara comes back, but it turns out it's Brainiac. Clark kills Brainiac (looks like for good). Kara is trapped in the Phantom Zone and when Lana is back to normal, she leaves Clark a note that she's leaving but will always love him. Lex is looking for the Traveller and eventually makes it to the Fortress. Clark now realizes he's a fool for not paying attention to this threat and faces Lex, who takes kryptonite out on him. The series ends with the Fortress crumbling down.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:47 PM   #15

Jun 2007

Big fan here... not to say that i haven't had my [severe] doubts though. The hap-hazardnous of season 7 really lost something for me, but after rewatching a couple of times on Blu-ray, it's not as bad as I thought. I have high hopes for season 8...
Old 09-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #16

Jan 2008
Florida (from Brooklyn)

It have become so retarded. U would think they would have had him fly by now instead of only when he is infected with black or red kryptonite or whichever it is that makes him bad which i don't see how it can give him this kind of amnesia where he doens't know how he flew just because he had an attitude adjustment. And i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad they did away with that WHACK Lana love story. AWWWWWWWWWWWW that was just killing me. Lois needs to start getting more involved now. Less on the love crap and more with the villians as there are just soooooooooooo many to be introduced instead of killing them all off one by one. Who is dr whatever that u state becomes doomsday? I thought doomsday was conceived from samples of supermans blood/dna? At least that is what i read in the death and return of superman books i have here.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #17
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81

Was a fan for the first few seasons. Now my sister? She's a BIG fan. Has and knows all the episodes. She knows what's going to happen next season.

Last edited by tommyboy81; 09-14-2008 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:24 AM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggaetonSalsero View Post
Who is dr whatever that u state becomes doomsday? I thought doomsday was conceived from samples of supermans blood/dna? At least that is what i read in the death and return of superman books i have here.
Well we're going to have to see for ourselves, but apparently Chloe meets him some how and he gets more involved in the series. This is what i found on the net:

"Davis Bloome will actually be Smallville's interpretation of Doomsday, the only character to have succeeded at killing Superman. In Smallville, Doomsday will be represented by a "nice guy" paramedic, who grew up moving from foster home to foster home. His storyline will be very dark in that the character will uncover horrible truths about himself. Witwer explained that over the course of the season, his character will come to resemble that of the comic book counterpart he is based on"

Oh and just a heads up to everyone....
[Show spoiler]Clark is left powerless (AGAIN) in the first episode
and later on, they will have a story arc focused on
[Show spoiler]The Legion of Superheroes
Old 09-14-2008, 02:50 AM   #19

Jan 2008
Florida (from Brooklyn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Curry View Post
Well we're going to have to see for ourselves, but apparently Chloe meets him some how and he gets more involved in the series. This is what i found on the net:

"Davis Bloome will actually be Smallville's interpretation of Doomsday, the only character to have succeeded at killing Superman. In Smallville, Doomsday will be represented by a "nice guy" paramedic, who grew up moving from foster home to foster home. His storyline will be very dark in that the character will uncover horrible truths about himself. Witwer explained that over the course of the season, his character will come to resemble that of the comic book counterpart he is based on"

Oh and just a heads up to everyone....
[Show spoiler]Clark is left powerless (AGAIN) in the first episode
and later on, they will have a story arc focused on
[Show spoiler]The Legion of Superheroes
Yeah that's cool but does it say how he gets supermans powers then? He may get that dark attitude but how does he come to get the powers? I thought the cabalan group made doomsday with dna from superman? I don't think i spelled that right.

How did they figure that Jorrel took his powers again if he sank with lex?
Old 09-14-2008, 02:50 AM   #20

Aug 2007

I was hooked after watching a clip someone posted at youtube. Season 2 chloe reading a peom to clark while he was sick.

Last edited by Tru 2 Blu; 09-14-2008 at 02:59 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows