Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$42.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$34.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$86.99

SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$59.99

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$33.88

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (Xbox XS)
$39.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old Today, 04:13 PM   #2761
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
Maybe I'll just scalp it, make a decent amount off of it and try again later! Lmao, one of my buddies got it for me, so I can't do that. Can't wait to wreck my data caps to transfer everything over
I think you'd regret that after the struggles you went through to get one.

It's really easy to transfer everything. If you have an external drive, I'd use that to transfer over games if you are really worried about your data cap. Obviously you have to download the Series X version of games from scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin sam View Post
There's everything wrong with it. He's part of the problem. People who buy from scalpers are just as bad as them. A blight on the gaming community. Embarrassing and shameful.
Ok, maybe I worded it wrong. You aren't wrong that it continues to fuel the problem, but I also can't completely fault the person either if they really wanted one and it will still be worth it to them to have paid $800 for it.

In the end, I blame the stores and even Microsoft for allowing it to get to the level it did with the scalping. It is what it is at this point though, so criticizing or anything of the sort is really pointless now. We should be grateful to have our consoles and enjoy the games.
Old Today, 04:18 PM   #2762
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post

Quote:
In the end, I blame the stores and even Microsoft for allowing it to get to the level it did with the scalping. It is what it is at this point though, so criticizing or anything of the sort is really pointless now. We should be grateful to have our consoles and enjoy the games.
Scalping is a supply and demand issue. Microsoft didn't make enough (not 100% their fault with COVID), and the demand was very high. It's really a victimless issue.

Last edited by JayTL; Today at 06:07 PM.
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #2763
Special Member

Jul 2009

Quote:

It's really easy to transfer everything. If you have an external drive, I'd use that to transfer over games if you are really worried about your data cap. Obviously you have to download the Series X version of games from scratch.

Ok, maybe I worded it wrong. You aren't wrong that it continues to fuel the problem, but I also can't completely fault the person either if they really wanted one and it will still be worth it to them to have paid $800 for it.

I get what your saying but no. You can. It's simple, wait. I did. Scalpers have ruined the release of both Xbox X and PS5 for so many people. My boy still can't get a PS5 and there's scalpers bragging that they've snapped up loads. Selling them for ridicules prices. Like some people's actions during the pandemic, scum. They know who they are.
Old Today, 06:08 PM   #2764
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
I get what your saying but no. You can. It's simple, wait. I did. Scalpers have ruined the release of both Xbox X and PS5 for so many people. My boy still can't get a PS5 and there's scalpers bragging that they've snapped up loads. Selling them for ridicules prices. Like some people's actions during the pandemic, scum. They know who they are.
I think his point is that, to some people, a couple extra hundred dollars isn't a big deal to not deal with the hassle of waiting and trying to get one.

If you want, I just came into a series X. $800 and it's all yours.
Old Today, 09:08 PM   #2765
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Quote:
Sony and Microsoft have created this problem. Scalpers are just using our democracy and free market the way it is supposed to be used. Simple supply and demand. If you want to blame anyone, blame those 2 companies for not being prepared for a launch of their gaming systems properly. They created the scarcity and frenzy over this whole thing, not scalpers. They could have waited, but didn't...
Old Today, 09:23 PM   #2766
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs913 View Post
Sony and Microsoft have created this problem. Scalpers are just using our democracy and free market the way it is supposed to be used. Simple supply and demand. If you want to blame anyone, blame those 2 companies for not being prepared for a launch of their gaming systems properly. They created the scarcity and frenzy over this whole thing, not scalpers. They could have waited, but didn't...
And they are refusing to have the consoles be in the stores so it would give people a better chance at getting one.
Thanks given by:
jcs913 (Today)
Old Today, 09:28 PM   #2767
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
And they are refusing to have the consoles be in the stores so it would give people a better chance at getting one.
Yep, online sales only, which fosters the scarcity of the items. If they would have waited 6 months or so and made sure they could have been able to supply at the very least 60-70% of the demand, the scalping nightmare would have never happened. People would have been patient and not given in if they happened to not get one right away.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X