Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 day ago
Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

To Love-Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle - Part One (Blu-ray)
$49.99

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.67

His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows

Old 11-06-2020, 09:36 PM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Denmark

British panel shows are the best.

HIGNFY, Mock The Week, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, Would I Lie To You... the list is endless.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (11-12-2020)
Old 11-12-2020, 09:22 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaDK View Post
British panel shows are the best.

HIGNFY, Mock The Week, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, Would I Lie To You... the list is endless.
Have not seen a single, full editon of 8 out of 10 Cats (just bits of it), or 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown. But I've heard very good things about both, especially the latter.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:39 PM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

An hour long documentary about the show airs on BBC One tonight, called Have I Got 30 Years for You.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:47 PM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

A new series (the spring series) of Have I Got News for You starts on BBC One on Friday 9th April.

Source: Geektown.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:45 PM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
A new series (the spring series) of Have I Got News for You starts on BBC One on Friday 9th April.

Source: Geektown.
Following on from the above quoted post, the new series was due to start tonight, but due to the big news story today (Prince Phillip passing away), the BBC schedules have been changed. The second edition of the new series is scheduled to air next Friday. If I remember correctly, they film the show on a Thursday evening.
Old 04-10-2021, 04:09 PM   #26
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2012

The BBC is being flooded with complaints about the relentless overkill with the coverage yesterday - everything pulled from the BBC 1 and 2 schedules with both channels running exactly the same tributes and, for no rational reason, BBC 4 not broadcasting at all, just showing a message ordering viewers to switch to BBC 1 and 2 for an important news story while even BBC radio sport and liveblog coverage was pulled. Channel 4, who opted for an extended news and a single obituary programme, are the only channel not to be flooded with complaints and see their ratings completely collapse.

Be interesting to see what happens with the recorded on Thursday episode of HIGNFY and whether it is broadcast at all and, if it is, it's re-edited (I can't imagine there not being any royal family jokes in it).

Last edited by Aclea; 04-10-2021 at 04:49 PM.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (04-12-2021)
Old 04-11-2021, 09:07 PM   #27

Apr 2014

I was looking at Radio Times earlier and the BBC are broadcasting the next episode on Friday. I suspect the cancelled one might get shown at the end of this series.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 08:10 PM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Read in today's 'i' newspaper about the large amount of complaints received by the BBC the past few days. There seems to be a fine line, where you understand it was a big news story, and with saying they went a bit far by changing the scheules for the various channels, and not sounding insensitive. Over the weekend, I've been checking for when certain programmes are going to be shown (some of which were repeats anyway).

Those sound like good theories above, about the first edition, showing it at the end of the new series (the second edition is being presented by actor Adrian Dunbar).
Thanks given by:
Aclea (04-14-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 09:35 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
I was looking at Radio Times earlier and the BBC are broadcasting the next episode on Friday. I suspect the cancelled one might get shown at the end of this series.
The extended episode started on bbc2 30 minutes ago, it should be up on the iplayer
Thanks given by:
Aclea (04-14-2021), ManBeast (04-14-2021), OceanBlue (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 10:42 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixx View Post
The extended episode started on bbc2 30 minutes ago, it should be up on the iplayer
Yes, it's available on Sky catch-up (the extended version of the first edition of the new series).
Old 04-14-2021, 12:06 AM   #31
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2012

I wonder if they edited it? On the Sky version of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver there's a very, very obvious cut from the rest of the world's version (you can find it uncut on youtube: it's a reference to Philip being the Queen's cousin).
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 07:43 AM   #32

Apr 2014

Not sure if there would have been any particular reason they would be talking about the Royals before last Friday?

The only thing I thought was a bit weird was when Ian Hislop brought up Greensill, asked if they were allowed to talk about it on the BBC, then suddenly moved on.
Thanks given by:
Aclea (04-14-2021), OceanBlue (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 08:54 AM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

Cool, will catch it later :-)
Old 04-14-2021, 08:33 PM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclea View Post
I wonder if they edited it? On the Sky version of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver there's a very, very obvious cut from the rest of the world's version (you can find it uncut on youtube: it's a reference to Philip being the Queen's cousin).
Very well could have been edited. I didn't notice any mentions of or jokes about the Royals. Sometimes I notice if a story in the news has been cut out, but on this occasion I didn't. It'll be interesting to see if the David Cameron story is mentioned on this Friday's edition (if like usual, being recorded tomorrow evening).

He's always been like it (being miserable), but I did enjoy Jack Dee's contributions on the extended version of the first edition.

I have seen John Oliver's show in the Sky listings, but I've not seen it.

On a separate note, but to do with politics, starting on BBC Four tonight is a repeat run of a documentary about Watergate. Not seen it before, but am going to check out the first couple of episodes (it continues next Wednesday).
Thanks given by:
Aclea (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 08:46 PM   #35
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
Not sure if there would have been any particular reason they would be talking about the Royals before last Friday?
Harry taking a 'job' sifting out fake news, Piers Moron still throwing his epic tantrum about Meghan stopping following him on Twitter (probably the dumbest vendetta to ever get a man to storm off his cushy job in a huff) and running off the mouth over several pages of the Daily Mail about H+M having no respect for Philip and insisting he has the senior members of the royal family supporting him... Hard to see Hislop not getting a few digs in on that.

Quote:
The only thing I thought was a bit weird was when Ian Hislop brought up Greensill, asked if they were allowed to talk about it on the BBC, then suddenly moved on.
The new head of the BBC is a former Conservative politician who wants to make the BBC more right wing and was described by a government minister as a 'classic David Cameron centrist.' He's been very open about wanting to get rid of a lot of BBC comedy for not being right wing enough - sorry, reflective enough of the pro-Brexit voters. Even though HIGNFY regularly has conservative politicians, writers and occassionally donors on the show and - like most satirists - is an equal political opportunists offender, it's been rumored he's looking for an excuse to cancel the show, though without a big scandal it's probably too big and too high profile to drop at the moment.

Last edited by Aclea; 04-14-2021 at 09:42 PM.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (04-14-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 08:19 PM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

The last two editions of the new series were much better. The David Cameron news story was covered a bit. Looking forward to this coming Friday night's new edition (last week's new edition was presented by Victoria Coren-Mitchell, and this Friday Alexander Armstrong is the guest host).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows