Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$33.28

The Good Place: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$50.31

Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Season One, Part 02 (Blu-ray)
$33.87

The Twilight Zone: Season One (Blu-ray)
$37.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$18.33
14 hrs ago
The Return of Ultraman (Blu-ray)
$24.99

FLCL: Progressive / Alternative (Blu-ray)
$33.99

Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$107.10

Attack on Titan: Season 3, Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$31.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old Yesterday, 12:07 AM   #621
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-
-

This series hasn't turned out like anything I had expected. I was hoping for something that dug a little deeper into the man who is Jean Luc Picard.

At this point, I'm quite underwhelmed by the premise of "Picard." It all seems so inconsequential.
Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM   #622
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010
south

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITDEFX101 View Post
See like I said, every episode brings up more questions than answers....
[Show spoiler]why kill off your lover?

I am starting to agree from other people's theories that Agnes may be one of Maddox's androids.
On the first one
[Show spoiler]go back to the meeting she had with Commissioner OH. The pre season trailer shows Dr Jurati in a double handed mind meld from OH, though it hasn't been shown so far. I think that deep terror came from this point

Well this was single handedly the most shocking Star Trek I have ever seen. I dont know whether I like it or not. I have not rushed back to see it.
Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM   #623
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Irish Romulans now Aussie Romulans, I love it!! (though he sounds a little bit like a Kiwi too)
The Berman era Romulans did become caricatures really, all looking and acting the same. This addresses that, and revels in, not shies away from, the fact Romulans have had slightly different looks between the shows and movies. Different ethnicities. Some have ridged foreheads, some don't, etc. That bowl cut also seems to be a fashion choice and/or military reg rather than a one-for-all rule.
Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM   #624
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbox83 View Post
The Berman era Romulans did become caricatures really, all looking and acting the same. This addresses that, and revels in, not shies away from, the fact Romulans have had slightly different looks between the shows and movies. Different ethnicities. Some have ridged foreheads, some don't, etc. That bowl cut also seems to be a fashion choice and/or military reg rather than a one-for-all rule.
I don't mind the Irish/Aussie Romulans - it just reflects that there are regional accents on Romulus just as there are amongst Humans, even in the 24th century.

Besides, we can't complain too much, we've been fine with American Romulans for the past 50 years and a Frenchman from Yorkshire for the past 3 decades.....
Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM   #625
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
See like I said, every episode brings up more questions than answers....
[Show spoiler]why kill off your lover?

I am starting to agree from other people's theories that Agnes may be one of Maddox's androids.
[Show spoiler]If they are planning on making this story last several seasons then now isn't the time for answers those come later, now is the time to for people to act and do things that for now we are clueless about but I thought it was clear that whatever information Agnes has learnt from Commander Oh has deeply affected her and she now believes that synths are a real threat and any knowledge that could lead to their creation must be destroyed including sadly her former lover.
Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM   #626
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
[Show spoiler]If they are planning on making this story last several seasons then now isn't the time for answers those come later, now is the time to for people to act and do things that for now we are clueless about but I thought it was clear that whatever information Agnes has learnt from Commander Oh has deeply affected her and she now believes that synths are a real threat and any knowledge that could lead to their creation must be destroyed including sadly her former lover.
[Show spoiler]
Well killing Maddox and wiping out his lab/research would be one thing...but what is to stop non-federation worlds from forming their own AI units?

I am curious to wonder why The Orion Syndicate has not been mentioned at all and all it has been mentioned in the Tal Shiar (sp?) and the other anti-synth faction. Since this show is suppose to be a dark/gritty/edgy view of the star trek universe outside of the Federation, why not show more of this? The OS was only mentioned in DS9 and ENT.

The Syndicate wasn't wiped out during the Dominion War or affected by the the destruction of the Romulan homeworld. As a matter of fact they should be more powerful now that a major quadrant power has pretty much fallen.

I would not be surprised if we see a D'deridex class or a Valdore class in the next few episodes now they are entering Romulan space.

Last edited by ITDEFX101; Yesterday at 01:24 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #627
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013

Good episode, had a bit of everything. Going by the preview I was was a bit concerned the episode was going to stray into Farscape territory (I love Farscape, but I didn’t want this to try to be a copy of anything). Shame
[Show spoiler]it wasn’t the same actor who played Maddox originally though.

Also, with no Artefact action in this episode, I strongly suspect next episode will make up for it.

Last edited by Josep5349; Yesterday at 06:19 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #628
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josep5349 View Post
Good episode, had a bit of everything. Going by the preview I was was a bit concerned the episode was going to stray into Farscape territory (I love Farscape, but I didnít want this to try to be a copy of anything). Shame
[Show spoiler]it wasnít the same actor who played Maddox originally though.

Much of that episode didn't seem to make sense. Including why Maddox shows up, the evil chick's motivation,
[Show spoiler]"Kill him! Wait! No, poison him!
, and the business with Borg parts reclamation. I'd rather see a cohesive story instead of a list of fan service items to cross off.
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM   #629
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
Much of that episode didn't seem to make sense. Including why Maddox shows up, the evil chick's motivation,
[Show spoiler]"Kill him! Wait! No, poison him!
, and the business with Borg parts reclamation. I'd rather see a cohesive story instead of a list of fan service items to cross off.
All made sense to me.
[Show spoiler]Maddox was hiding on Freecloud. When “the evil chick” learns he’s there she initially orders her goon to kill him, but thinks twice about it when she realises she can make a profit out of him. Why did she first order his death? Well it’s evident from their initial conversation that they have history. She just poisoned him to make him a more manageable prisoner. It’s also explained in the episode she’s also in the business of selling Borg tech.

Last edited by Josep5349; Yesterday at 07:05 PM.
Thanks given by:
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM   #630
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Quote:
All made sense to me.
[Show spoiler]Maddox was hiding on Freecloud. When ďthe evil chickĒ learns heís there she initially orders her goon to kill him, but thinks twice about it when she realises she can make a profit out of him. Why did she first order his death? Well itís evident from their initial conversation that they have history. She just poisoned him to make him a more manageable prisoner. Itís also explained in the episode sheís also in the business of selling Borg tech.

[Show spoiler]
Selling/experimenting with Borg tech is dangerous to both seller and buyer. Anything with a nano probes that haven't been reprogrammed would be dangerous. I am sure the collective have a way to control or deactivate their equipment from a distance. That will be super creepy if people started enhancing themselves with Borg parts. As a matter of fact why weren't the henchmen Borg Enhanced?

Speaking of which, so all transporters used by different races look the same as Federation transporters? I loved how each series had races with their own transporter style and color effects.
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM   #631
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Despite a few flaws, I enjoyed this week's episode more than any of the previous efforts. But I'm still concerned about the direction of the show, especially if they're planning to drag this plot out for three whole seasons. Much of it is not terribly interesting, particularly the scenes on the Borg cube. My main criticism
[Show spoiler]about Seven's return is the likelihood of a budding scientist like her choosing the life of a renegade, when Voyager established her love and appreciation for the harmony of scientific pursuits. But obviously I'm living in the past here, and Seven needs to be edgy and badass in the nu Trek universe. Also not sure I completely understood her past with the mobster lady. Were they insinuating that the two of them were romantically involved?
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM   #632
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple of Vedder View Post
Despite a few flaws, I enjoyed this week's episode more than any of the previous efforts. But I'm still concerned about the direction of the show, especially if they're planning to drag this plot out for three whole seasons. Much of it is not terribly interesting, particularly the scenes on the Borg cube. My main criticism
[Show spoiler]about Seven's return is the likelihood of a budding scientist like her choosing the life of a renegade, when Voyager established her love and appreciation for the harmony of scientific pursuits. But obviously I'm living in the past here, and Seven needs to be edgy and badass in the nu Trek universe. Also not sure I completely understood her past with the mobster lady. Were they insinuating that the two of them were romantically involved?
[Show spoiler]
You know I felt that way to. But damn took 14 years to track her down and kill her?
Thanks given by:
Disciple of Vedder (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM   #633
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple of Vedder View Post
Not quite though...
[Show spoiler]many Starfleet and civilians from all walks of life left their old lives behind and joined the Maquis to fight for what they saw as an injustice
. So it’s not like we haven’t seen this sort of thing before in Trek.
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #634
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Quote:
Not quite though...
[Show spoiler]many Starfleet and civilians from all walks of life left their old lives behind and joined the Maquis to fight for what they saw as an injustice
. So itís not like we havenít seen this sort of thing before in Trek.
[Show spoiler]
Yeah but look what happened to them in DS9? Now that would have been a nice nod to them if 7 said something to the effect of "Former Maquis members..." when it came to the rangers.

Can we at least get one Klingon or Cardassian appearance?
Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM   #635
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013

Quote:
[Show spoiler]
Yeah but look what happened to them in DS9? Now that would have been a nice nod to them if 7 said something to the effect of "Former Maquis members..." when it came to the rangers.

Can we at least get one Klingon or Cardassian appearance?
[Show spoiler]What happened to them is irrelevant to this discussion. Win or lose, what we know is in the Trek universe, people from all walks of life will fight for a cause they believe in. Thatís also the case with Seven.

As far as Klingons or Cardassians, if they appear fine and if not also fine. Personally I donít see the point in obsessing about whatís NOT happening.
Old Today, 03:56 AM   #636
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouncilSpectre View Post
I don't mind the Irish/Aussie Romulans - it just reflects that there are regional accents on Romulus just as there are amongst Humans, even in the 24th century.

Besides, we can't complain too much, we've been fine with American Romulans for the past 50 years and a Frenchman from Yorkshire for the past 3 decades.....
Sure, I'm not complaining about this, I think it's a hoot. "Cheeky ****ers" indeed! And as we pretty much only saw the militarised face of the Romulans throughout Trek's history then of course it's great to have a bit more character there. I wonder if people would react the same way if we were shown Irish Klingons though? Targ o' the mornin' to ya!

As for this week's ep: meh. It looked like fun from the trailer but felt a bit 'off', like putting the silly accent escapades next to Raffi trying to reconnect with her estranged son, and I hate it when I can telegraph things like
[Show spoiler]Aggie killing matey, for as soon as she was left alone with him in the medibay my first thought was literally "she gonna kill him". Why? Because that earlier scene of her watching the holo of the two of them was so on the nose, it's like 'hey, she loves this guy, we're showing you this video so it makes the reveal later on REALLY SHOCKING AND POWERFUL' and I'm like 'is it though?', lol
Old Today, 04:15 AM   #637

Feb 2008
Maryland

A little disappointed they
[Show spoiler]didn't use the the original Maddox actor. I was also expecting his character to be the next villain, driven mad by his decades of perfecting androids...
Old Today, 05:25 AM   #638
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Alaska

So Janeway really should have just stayed away from Earth. Everything in the Alpha Quadrant is shit.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows