Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

12 Days of Deals, Day 9 is Live »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99
2 hrs ago
Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$16.99
2 hrs ago
Audition (Blu-ray)
$29.33
1 hr ago
Mission: Impossible - Fallout 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
11 hrs ago
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Crazy Rich Asians 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Mid90s (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99

Supergirl: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
20 hrs ago
BlacKkKlansman 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Gotham: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
11 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 10-22-2018, 08:53 PM   #541

Aug 2009

The Snowy Owl no worries, all ways glad to help. Which ever player you get, a USB memory stick for persistent storage is a good idea
Old 10-23-2018, 02:18 AM   #542
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013
City of Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratford View Post
jdw89 I had expected that you might have read the last few pages of this thread to see that I pointed one of the others to 220 electronics. 10 seconds on Ebay turns up a lorry load of replacement hand sets for your player
Care to post a link? I've yet to find one unfortunately. I have a remote for my Sony 4K Player and it works, the problem is the colored buttons do not change the region like the remote for the region free player did
Old 10-23-2018, 04:03 AM   #543

Aug 2009

jdw89 if you mean that the remote to change region was specific to that purpose, that is most unusual. If in deed that is the case, I'd have approached the mod supplier
Thanks given by:
jdw89 (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 02:16 PM   #544
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013
City of Angels

I was trying to find the listing from when I had bought it two years ago on eBay but had no such luck unfortunately. It seems like I may have to just go the route of ordering another player at this point.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:39 PM   #545
Power Member

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw89 View Post
I was trying to find the listing from when I had bought it two years ago on eBay but had no such luck unfortunately. It seems like I may have to just go the route of ordering another player at this point.
Very likely it was Bombay or 220Electronics if you bought from a dealer. I think World-Import is an Ebay version of one of these (probably 220)

I'd probably try to contact them first and see if they have a remote to sell directly -- with a return policy if it doesn't work. I'm assuming the Region Mod in most of these are the same.

It never dawned on me if the remotes that came with them might be modified in some way. Otherwise it seems it would be simple to just get a generic 1500 remote. I'm not sure if those colored buttons might be programmable in some way or if the internal Red Button signal from a different remote model might be different.

It's possible they might even be able to tell you a specific generic Universal remote than might work
Old 10-24-2018, 03:38 AM   #546
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Hmm, it looks like there is a region mod for the new Pioneer Elite UDP-LX500 already.

Wish the price in Australia was a bit more affordable. $2k for the player, and an extra $400 for the mod. Sigh...
Old 10-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #547

Aug 2009

Mobe1969 Most likely some one having a laugh. Here in uk £1k as standard. 4K titles aren't regioned. Pricewise, wait until it is more popular among sellers. Pre Christmas sales will help reduce the price too. A Panasonic DMPUB900 is a reasonable 2nd choice Oppo. If you want an Oppo, say so and I can PM you the details of where I got mine a week ago new at a proper price

Last edited by stratford; 10-24-2018 at 08:57 AM. Reason: more time to do a bit more
Old 10-24-2018, 08:42 PM   #548
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

I have the 900. I'm looking at their premium 9000 model coming out next month. But I would really like a good multi region player. That said the oppo region changing process is so slow...

The new Panasonics look really good, the 820 and the upcoming 9000, with the inbuilt tone mapping. No region free likely though.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:00 PM   #549

Aug 2009

Mobe1969 The Oppo region change is not that bad, I have it my self. Do you have a large pile of Region A Blu-ray to require the M-R? Any thing that requires a region mod won't happen for at least 6 months, some one has to develop the mod and bring it to market. Would a better projector/ sound system help matters at all?
Old 10-25-2018, 12:53 AM   #550
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:
Mobe1969 The Oppo region change is not that bad, I have it my self. Do you have a large pile of Region A Blu-ray to require the M-R? Any thing that requires a region mod won't happen for at least 6 months, some one has to develop the mod and bring it to market. Would a better projector/ sound system help matters at all?
I've got a region free oppo, the 103AU. I'm honestly not a fan. Both the sluggishness of it as well as too many disc playback issues - the Australian model had an utter rubbish optical assembly, nearly all plastic, with just one metal tracking bar, rather than the standard two (eg one on either side of the laser). Just junk. So the poor optical components, plus the region free changing taking several minutes. Eg, take out disc, power off. One minute. Do sequence, start, at least another minute, then hope you got it right. I really want to put an axe through it.

I would really like one solid multi region player, that plays UHD and blu ray. So I'm just dealing with one... At the moment, my only option is the Pioneer (and the region change is simple). But the price is idiotic here... I did miss on the oppo, but I was a bit wary of them. I cound't find any tare down of the optical parts. I'd still consider one, but not sure really.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:25 AM   #551

Aug 2009

Mobe1969 Are you aware that with the Oppo region change, you have to power on, look for 'no disc' on the display then wait couple of seconds then do the button sequence? Check out Stegen they have an instant one button m-r for Oppo, players in stock very recently. They have other modded players
Old 10-25-2018, 10:35 PM   #552

May 2010

I'm in Australia and am perfectly happy with the inexpensive LASER BD3000. Very simple to switch the region code and video and audio are great, plus it plays every video file I throw at it via USB. It's no frills but it does the job and does it well.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:42 PM   #553

Aug 2009

G' day Shemp at least you have an excuse for buying the Laser BD3000. By no frill, do you mean apps such as the option to connect to youtube?
Thanks given by:
Shemp (11-05-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 01:36 AM   #554
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013
City of Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Very likely it was Bombay or 220Electronics if you bought from a dealer. I think World-Import is an Ebay version of one of these (probably 220)

I'd probably try to contact them first and see if they have a remote to sell directly -- with a return policy if it doesn't work. I'm assuming the Region Mod in most of these are the same.

It never dawned on me if the remotes that came with them might be modified in some way. Otherwise it seems it would be simple to just get a generic 1500 remote. I'm not sure if those colored buttons might be programmable in some way or if the internal Red Button signal from a different remote model might be different.

It's possible they might even be able to tell you a specific generic Universal remote than might work
Itís strange because I used it for sometime but canít recall how I changed it, but like I said the remote I had thatís for another Sony player operates it fine but wonít change the region code
Old 10-26-2018, 05:32 AM   #555
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:
Mobe1969 Are you aware that with the Oppo region change, you have to power on, look for 'no disc' on the display then wait couple of seconds then do the button sequence? Check out Stegen they have an instant one button m-r for Oppo, players in stock very recently. They have other modded players
The poineer one is one button, standby I think. A one button mod would be way more tolerable for the oppo. I might see if they have one for the 103AU

My oppo is so slow to open the tray (get the disc out after I discover it isn't the right region), close the tray, stop, and start. So it takes definitely more than two minutes. Then if I get it wrong with the sequence of 7 or so button presses, I have to start play, get the region error, then go through it all again. I guess to restart it, I could just unplug it. That would be quicker than their painfully show shut down process, save me 30+ seconds.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:01 AM   #556

Aug 2009

**Mobe1969** If you want a one button region change for Oppo, then look up Stegen, but it is not a cheap DIY option
Thanks given by:
Mobe1969 (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 09:12 AM   #557

Aug 2009

G'day all, here is a url that allows any one to read 25 customer reviews of this Laser BD3000

If people still wish to part with their hard earned, at least they can make an informed choice. 220-Electronics and Gattiweb will still be here for a long time yet. For what it matters, I have owned three previous player to my new OPPO 203. First was a Panasonic, second Oppo 93, then an Oppo 103.
I would still buy any one of the previous players knowing then what I know now.
https://www.productreview.com.au/p/laser-bd3000.html

With regard to the region change, it is on page 45 of the user guide, see this link

https://www.laserco.com.au/BLU-BD300...scription=true
Thanks given by:
Shemp (11-05-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 01:31 AM   #558

May 2010

Quote:
G' day Shemp at least you have an excuse for buying the Laser BD3000. By no frill, do you mean apps such as the option to connect to youtube?
There's no apps, no wireless. It's just a player. It's supposed to give you a network option but I can't get it to work with my set up but that's okay as I'd never use it anyway.

I did have a Sony from Gattiweb but retired it as a few Umbrella discs were locking up in it when I pressed off and tried to eject. Umbrella said they were looking into it (I suspect it's an authoring issue) but it appears they have given up on it. I don't have the same issues with the Laser. Plays every disc I throw at it.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:17 AM   #559

Aug 2009

Shemp Some titles need more persistent storage like star ship troopers or the network option turning off. Failing that if it is an option return the player
Old 11-23-2018, 10:32 PM   #560

Dec 2013

Any good 4K Region Free with Dolby Vision?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders