Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Equalizer 3-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$48.55

Office Christmas Party 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
2 hrs ago
Violent Night 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
4 hrs ago
Silver Bullet 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.00

Rudy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99

The Sonny Chiba Collection: Volume 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
The Terror (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Buster Keaton Collection: Volume 5 (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Tremors 2: Aftershocks 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? - Season 4 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$48.33

The Equalizer 3 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Kung Fu Panda: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$11.98
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Receivers

Old 11-28-2017, 05:13 PM   #1321
Special Member

May 2007
Fort Myers, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
I just expanded my 5.4.2 setup to 7.4.4. Picked up an X6300H. Still waiting for it to be delivered with my second pair of Klipsch RP140 SA speakers. Pretty pumped up to get it all hooked up and see what it can do for me. This will be my first time using a Denon amp and audyssey software. I hope it all works out as it cost me a pretty penny.
I'm sure you'll be very happy. In the 2 short weeks I've had my 6400 I've been very happy. Unfortunately, I'm not yet setup for Atmos.
Thanks given by:
the_sextein (11-28-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 07:51 PM   #1322

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post
I'm sure you'll be very happy. In the 2 short weeks I've had my 6400 I've been very happy. Unfortunately, I'm not yet setup for Atmos.
I had a 7.4 setup before Atmos came around. I ended up buying a pair of elevation speakers and leaving my rear speakers disabled so I could use two height channels. It will be nice to connect up my 6th and 7th speaker again and I am hoping that the 4 height channels will make the overhead effect more pronounced than before when I was only using 2. I have a few extra amps around the house but I prefer to keep everything as sleek and simple as possible. Having all eleven channels and 4 subs pushed out of a single box is just awesome engineering. I am in a medium/small room so this thing should be plenty powerful and if I ever move it into a large room it has pre-out for all eleven speakers so I could bi or tri amp the overall power to match just about any room size in the future. It seemed like a perfect amp for my situation and less costly than most of the other 11.2 amps.

How is the Audessey software? Did it do a good job or did you have to manually dial a lot of stuff in? The sound quality exceeded your expectations? What amp were you using before?

I almost went with the 6400 but I don't plan to use Auro 3D so it saved me a couple hundred to go with the 6300. That way if I do want it down the road I can still have it via firmware upgrade but until then I won't get charged for it unless I decide to actually use it. I don't plan on using anything but Atmos, DTS-X, Dolby Surround, and Neural-X. Given my speaker configuration I don't see a need for anything else at the moment.

Last edited by the_sextein; 11-28-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:40 PM   #1323
Special Member

May 2007
Fort Myers, FL

Quote:
I had a 7.4 setup before Atmos came around. I ended up buying a pair of elevation speakers and leaving my rear speakers disabled so I could use two height channels. It will be nice to connect up my 6th and 7th speaker again and I am hoping that the 4 height channels will make the overhead effect more pronounced than before when I was only using 2. I have a few extra amps around the house but I prefer to keep everything as sleek and simple as possible. Having all eleven channels and 4 subs pushed out of a single box is just awesome engineering. I am in a medium/small room so this thing should be plenty powerful and if I ever move it into a large room it has pre-out for all eleven speakers so I could bi or tri amp the overall power to match just about any room size in the future. It seemed like a perfect amp for my situation and less costly than most of the other 11.2 amps.

How is the Audessey software? Did it do a good job or did you have to manually dial a lot of stuff in? The sound quality exceeded your expectations? What amp were you using before?

I almost went with the 6400 but I don't plan to use Auro 3D so it saved me a couple hundred to go with the 6300. That way if I do want it down the road I can still have it via firmware upgrade but until then I won't get charged for it unless I decide to actually use it. I don't plan on using anything but Atmos, DTS-X, Dolby Surround, and Neural-X. Given my speaker configuration I don't see a need for anything else at the moment.
The Audessey seemed to do an OK job. I had to lower the levels on the rear speakers for my liking. I was using an Onkyo TX-SR805 prior to this. It only had 3 HDMI Inputs and didnít support any of the newer formats like 4K, 3D, etc... The sound quality is fantastic even at high volumes. Crystal clear and full. I actually almost bought the 6300 model from Crutchfield but I ended up getting the 6400 for just $1499 at Best Buy and that was cheaper than anywhere online so I couldnít pass it up. I was actually going to hold out until tax season to buy a receiver, but again, couldnít pass it up.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:53 PM   #1324

Aug 2009

Yeah you got a pretty good deal with that. The BB in my area doesn't sell any extreme gear. Just budget stuff. I paid what you did for the X6300.

Edited.

Last edited by the_sextein; 11-30-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:34 AM   #1325

Aug 2009

I take it back, the Audessey X32 auto EQ is actually pretty nice. I usually listen at reference levels but in the few instances when I turn things down it really does sound better with it on. They did a good job with that. Looks like I'm going to ditch my old mindset.

Turns out that I had the sub woofer adjustment turned on but not adjusted. So it was overriding the -12db setting that my calibration did. After I sorted that I simply dialed my subs in and my X32 calibration could be altered on the fly. My sub volume levels were a little lower than on pervious amps but they sound great now.

Audio quality is fantastic on this amp and the surround clarity and directionality is impressive. I thought my rears might be turned up because they sounded so clear but they really are in balance with the rest of the system. With eco mode enabled the amp is less hot than my previous amp and the calibration methods are the best I have used. I also really like the clear readout on the front of the amp that always states what audio you are utilizing and the amp does a good job of up converting core sources on it's own.

All of my speakers are in and hooked up. I couldn't be more satisfied at this point. I think I'll be using this amp for a long time. Even if I move into a larger house I could always bi or tri amp the X6300 to use it in large rooms. The great thing is with small and medium size rooms you can push all 11 channels with a single amp.

Now that my rears are back up and running I have full surround and the extra height channels really make the upper channel audio feel more full and easy to notice.

I turned off video conversion but I am still not sure if I need to set the HDMI ports to enhanced somehow. On my old amps you had to do that in order to forward 4.4.4. color at 4K but maybe all of these ports are enabled to do that by default. If anyone knows please let me know. The Blu Ray player is pushing 4.4.4 at 4k and it's reaching the TV without issue. It looks like it is working but I have not had enough time to verify if it is or not for certain.

Last edited by the_sextein; 11-30-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:41 PM   #1326

Aug 2009

Just a quick comment in case any new owners are not sure about the video pass through. I disabled up conversion but there is no option to set the HDMI port to enhanced mode like I am used to with my older amps. Still, I hooked up my PC at 4K 60hz using a single HDMI cable in full RGB mode and it passed through the amp and made it to the TV. Full RGB mode on a TV that is set to run in full RGB mode is unmistakable. It works and so does Chroma 4,4,4 at 4K 24P. So I guess all HDMI ports are simply enhanced by default with the current firmware.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:45 PM   #1327
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Just a quick comment in case any new owners are not sure about the video pass through. I disabled up conversion but there is no option to set the HDMI port to enhanced mode like I am used to with my older amps. Still, I hooked up my PC at 4K 60hz using a single HDMI cable in full RGB mode and it passed through the amp and made it to the TV. Full RGB mode on a TV that is set to run in full RGB mode is unmistakable. It works and so does Chroma 4,4,4 at 4K 24P. So I guess all HDMI ports are simply enhanced by default with the current firmware.
Yes. Just turn upscaler off and done with it.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:56 PM   #1328

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
Yes. Just turn upscaler off and done with it.
Are there any video settings you know about that might benefit me? Does the amp do any alteration to the video when the upscaler is turned off? I just want to make sure my video source is a pure as possible. I would by pass the amp altogether but I like to use arc since it makes everything turn on and off with a single button press.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:04 PM   #1329
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Are there any video settings you know about that might benefit me? Does the amp do any alteration to the video when the upscaler is turned off? I just want to make sure my video source is a pure as possible. I would by pass the amp altogether but I like to use arc since it makes everything turn on and off with a single button press.
Best thing is to keep Video settings to Auto with UpScaler off. I too use HDMI ARC with my Oled TV but I have a lower end Denon model
Thanks given by:
the_sextein (12-01-2017)
Old 12-17-2017, 01:00 AM   #1330
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2010
Ontario, Canada

I’m going on 2 months now with my 4300 and liking it more and more. It’s my 2nd Denon, I replaced a Marantz with this unit. It’s clesrer, crisper, just has that extra sparkle paired with my Klipsch RP’s. I notice it also has much better low end as well. The wife bought me a 2nd SVS for Christmas so finally the upgrades are complete.
Thanks given by:
novoice2008 (12-26-2017), prerich (12-19-2017), solarrdadd (12-17-2017)
Old 12-17-2017, 04:59 AM   #1331
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008
Menifee, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS.T.G. View Post
Iím going on 2 months now with my 4300 and liking it more and more. Itís my 2nd Denon, I replaced a Marantz with this unit. Itís clesrer, crisper, just has that extra sparkle paired with my Klipsch RPís. I notice it also has much better low end as well. The wife bought me a 2nd SVS for Christmas so finally the upgrades are complete.

Now, that's impressive

Old 12-17-2017, 10:06 PM   #1332
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimShaw View Post
Now, that's impressive

Yeah sheís a keeper for sure.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:23 AM   #1333
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2014

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I can't seem to find any clarity on it.

I'm considering buying the Denon 930H, but I've reading about the new "Dolby Surround" upmixer essentially replacing ProLogic. How does Dolby Surround treat older 2-channel LT/RT mixes? Does it still use the matrixed channels within those tracks to create the surround information?

Also, is there any mode that will still take a 2.0 Dual Mono soundtrack and simply collapse it into the center channel? This is my preferred mode for older films with mono sound.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:46 PM   #1334
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNex99 View Post
Sorry if this has been answered already, but I can't seem to find any clarity on it.

I'm considering buying the Denon 930H, but I've reading about the new "Dolby Surround" upmixer essentially replacing ProLogic. How does Dolby Surround treat older 2-channel LT/RT mixes? Does it still use the matrixed channels within those tracks to create the surround information?

Also, is there any mode that will still take a 2.0 Dual Mono soundtrack and simply collapse it into the center channel? This is my preferred mode for older films with mono sound.
It essentially works the same way but better. I use it all the time. I have Atmos enabled speakers and I like the sound.

There is no option to collapse to the center but if you use the Dolby surround option it will do what your looking for and send the content to the Center. I do this often and depending on the soundtrack only sound comes out of the Center.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #1335

Dec 2007

Quote:
Iím going on 2 months now with my 4300 and liking it more and more. Itís my 2nd Denon, I replaced a Marantz with this unit. Itís clesrer, crisper, just has that extra sparkle paired with my Klipsch RPís. I notice it also has much better low end as well. The wife bought me a 2nd SVS for Christmas so finally the upgrades are complete.
I'm loving my x4300h as well. People should have gotten in on the sale a few months ago because the prices now are back up to $899 for refurbs and over $1k for new. Your wife got you a second SVS...nice!!! My wife got me a 4k projector
Old 12-20-2017, 04:52 AM   #1336
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2014

Quote:
It essentially works the same way but better. I use it all the time. I have Atmos enabled speakers and I like the sound.

There is no option to collapse to the center but if you use the Dolby surround option it will do what your looking for and send the content to the Center. I do this often and depending on the soundtrack only sound comes out of the Center.
I'm sorry if I'm not understanding correctly, but it seems like you're contradicting yourself. For a 2.0 dual-mono track, would it send the audio only to the center channel? That's what I'm looking for.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:06 PM   #1337
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNex99 View Post
I'm sorry if I'm not understanding correctly, but it seems like you're contradicting yourself. For a 2.0 dual-mono track, would it send the audio only to the center channel? That's what I'm looking for.
Yeah maybe I wasnít clear. If you use the upmixer on older 2 channel BDís 99% of your audio will come through the centre. Iíve gone around my room checking the speakers and the only audio I hear of from the centre.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:09 PM   #1338
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
I'm loving my x4300h as well. People should have gotten in on the sale a few months ago because the prices now are back up to $899 for refurbs and over $1k for new. Your wife got you a second SVS...nice!!! My wife got me a 4k projector
Yeah itís a solid AVR. Itís more forward than my old Marantz which I like for home theatre. It makes my Klipsch RPís shine.

My sub was delivered Black Friday and has been taunting me under my tree. Unfortunately I wonít be able to run Audyssey until I get home Christmas night. I think Iím going to demo the Dark Knights first.

Congrats on the 4K projector! I canít go back from 4K now.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:27 PM   #1339
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Love my Denon, hope DV firmware will be offered soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2017, 07:13 PM   #1340
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
Love my Denon, hope DV firmware will be offered soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
If you have the 4300 it has already. I bought mine in October and it automatically did the update for DV when I turned it on.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Receivers