Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$28.86
9 hrs ago
Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy (Blu-ray)
$51.96

Vermeil in Gold: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
One Piece Film: Red (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Love After World Domination: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$38.99

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Omega: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$38.99
13 hrs ago
Ranma ˝ OVA & Movies Collection (Blu-ray)
$42.99
8 hrs ago
Ranking of Kings: Season 1, Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$48.49

The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$36.27

Patlabor: The Mobile Police - Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.92

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.16
18 hrs ago
Perfect Blue (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 03-11-2014, 01:33 AM   #21
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
I've sold my Time of Eve ONA Blu-Ray release since the movie is the better version of the two, and have no issue waiting. As long as the best product is put out I don't mind the wait...we are getting Pale Cocoon and Aquatic Language in additional to the Fan book and CD sound track after all.
I'm still going to hang on to my copy of the ONA import - heck, I just got it during the TRSI 12 Days sale for $24, and haven't even broke the seal on it yet...
Old 03-11-2014, 02:01 AM   #22
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
I'm still going to hang on to my copy of the ONA import - heck, I just got it during the TRSI 12 Days sale for $24, and haven't even broke the seal on it yet...
You could easily sell it for $60-$80... just saying...
Old 03-11-2014, 04:26 AM   #23

Oct 2007

Quote:
I've had my ONA Blu-ray since 25 Jan 2011, and because of all of those extra covers, I'm reluctant to part with it. I have no problem owning both versions of the story. Maybe the movie version will eventually kick the other off the shelves, but I'll probably just give it to a good home if that happens. I think that I've given away far more of my anime than I've sold. ^^;
Old 03-11-2014, 04:38 AM   #24
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingraman View Post
I've had my ONA Blu-ray since 25 Jan 2011, and because of all of those extra covers, I'm reluctant to part with it. I have no problem owning both versions of the story. Maybe the movie version will eventually kick the other off the shelves, but I'll probably just give it to a good home if that happens. I think that I've given away far more of my anime than I've sold. ^^;
yeah, I'm too much into the story to part with any of my copies. Besides the Kickstarter Blu-ray, and the ONA Blu-ray, I have a DVD import from Singapore, and a couple fansub versions burned onto BD-R... I didn't get the Japanese Blu-ray release though yet, since it didn't have any English subs, but I should probably get one for my collection anyway... Hey - I am the crazy idiot who purchased all those cup/saucer/canister sets from the Kickstarter folks, as seen on Page 1, lol...
Old 03-11-2014, 04:49 AM   #25

Dec 2009

^^^

You suck for buying all those cups. Dang you rich people haha.
I'm still upset I forgot to fund this. I remember seeing it and then completely forgetting about it.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:02 AM   #26
Banned

Aug 2010
Default Update #27

Posted on the Time of EVE Kickstarter page Thursday night:

Quote:
Update #27

Dub Update!

In the last update, we wrote ominously about an issue with the audio timecode. It took some time, but we've resolved the problem.

Read on for details.

For the audio mix, Michael Sinterniklaas uses "stem" files that separate out the dialogue, music, and sound effects. When he loaded the stem files from the original Japanese audio mix into Pro Tools, he was in for a surprise: the stem files didn't match up with the audio from our master video.

For Nagi's last line, the audio on the stem file came up about 6 seconds earlier than audio for the movie! And mid-way through the movie, the audio was likewise about 3 seconds early—but, the audio sounded perfect. No distortions at all.

We were all scratching our heads, and Michael thought he might need to re-edit the music and sound effects from scratch. Not a pretty scenario. At which point Yuji Abe, the line producer for Time of EVE at Directions, remembered the convoluted production process that resulted in this odd situation. (Keep in mind that the Japanese audio mix took place over 4 years ago…)

Yoshiura created the animation at 23.976 frames per second, but the production needed to quickly export the video to tape, and opted to convert the animation to 29.976 frames per second. In the end, the audio mix was also done using these 29.976 video work files. The final step was to convert the audio mix from 29.976 to 23.976 fps to conform with the master video. (Abe-san at Directions concedes that this workflow is tortured and bizarre, but it was the best they could come up with on the fly.)

However, the stem audio files were NOT converted—only the final audio mix! Hence, the critical music and effects stem files didn't match our 23.976 video master file.

Michael has some fancy software for converting audio files, but he was concerned about problems with phasing, which would result in patches of distorted or missing audio.

So, we brought Time of EVE's audio mixer, Masashi Furuya, on board to convert the stem files to match the 23.976 master file. His producer had to pull him off another project, but they got the job done, and we received the new files last night.

Michael is downloading the new files, and he is bringing in another audio mixer to expedite the final mix.

Thank you for the many supportive words in response to the last update. It makes such a huge difference. We want to make this a great release for YOU!!!!!!!

Forging onwards ^^Time of EVE
Old 05-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #27
Blu-ray.com Reviewer

Feb 2009
Texas

Is there any way to still get this? I missed out on the Kickstarter campaign.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #28

Dec 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
Is there any way to still get this? I missed out on the Kickstarter campaign.
According to their Facebook page.

"We are planning a release to the general public. We'll post an announcement here!"

Probably after the Kickstarter backers have had theirs shipped.

Last edited by NoSurprises; 05-02-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Thanks given by:
Tellymon (05-02-2014)
Old 05-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #29
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSurprises View Post
According to their Facebook page.

"We are planning a release to the general public. We'll post an announcement here!"

Probably after the Kickstarter backers have had theirs shipped.
If it ever ships. Coming up on a year of the Kickstarter closing and we still have nothing.
Thanks given by:
insomniac013 (05-03-2014), Tellymon (05-02-2014)
Old 05-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #30
Blu-ray.com Reviewer

Feb 2009
Texas

Thanks for the responses. That's bizzare backers are still waiting. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #31

Dec 2013
UK

If you're just looking for an easy way to watch the film; there's a subbed version available on iTunes.

Though if you're after a physical copy; like madlost1 said, you're probably going to be waiting a while longer.

Last edited by NoSurprises; 05-02-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #32

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSurprises View Post
You're probably going to be waiting a while longer.
Or until they pop up on ebay for crazy high prices. I'm so mad I missed out on this one.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #33
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Or until they pop up on ebay for crazy high prices. I'm so mad I missed out on this one.
Eh, I was only in it for the cups and saucers and canisters... Lol!

(Sorry neoz - just couldn't resist!)

Last edited by FREYMAX 3D; 05-02-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:37 AM   #34
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

~$70 is about as low as you'll find the ONA new...I sold mine for $50 a few months ago because I wanted it sold and I have the Kickstarter version coming in. The movie version is not subbed or dubbed in English, other than on iTunes...

Last edited by Vracer111; 05-03-2014 at 02:43 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:58 AM   #35

Dec 2009

Quote:
Eh, I was only in it for the cups and saucers and canisters... Lol!

(Sorry neoz - just couldn't resist!)

[Show spoiler]
haha why must you torment me my friend...ahh it's like salt in the wound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

~$70 is about as low as you'll find the ONA new...I sold mine for $50 a few months ago because I wanted it sold and I have the Kickstarter version coming in. The movie version is not subbed or dubbed in English, other than on iTunes...
Sounds out right I would guess. I wanted the Kickstarte version but I was so broke it wasn't even funny. Heck I'm still broke. The VA doesn't like paying Vets that are hurt but don't look hurt. Sadly I guess if my leg were blown off then I would be getting more. :rolleye: All respect to those that are hurt like that for real.

Last edited by neoz; 05-03-2014 at 03:01 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:32 AM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Gravity Falls
Angry

Where are the updates?? Release dates??? It's almost been a year now since the original kickstarter!
Old 05-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #37
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac013 View Post
Where are the updates?? Release dates??? It's almost been a year now since the original kickstarter!
Yeah, The original ship date was October 2013, then January 2014, then February, March, then they just gave up on making predictions...

Well like I just posted in the main comment thread on the Kickstarter page last night, I'm hoping this last 5 weeks of silence from them is because they are finally wrapping things up, and are soon going to announce they are ready to ship everything out... at least, that's what I would do if I was them - if I knew the ship date was going to be 6-8 weeks out from the last public update - I'd skip the following monthly update and just keep quiet about it until everything was ready to go a couple weeks later, then make the big announcement out of the blue... Suspense!

At, least, I sure hope that's what they're actually doing...
Thanks given by:
insomniac013 (05-03-2014)
Old 05-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #38
Banned

Jan 2014

Glad I didn't get involved with the ks campaign for this, Bubblegum Crisis is enough for me.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:25 PM   #39
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb View Post
Glad I didn't get involved with the ks campaign for this, Bubblegum Crisis is enough for me.
Haven't seen an update on that one in awhile either.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #40
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb View Post
I'm in 4 anime Kickstarters right now, and this one is by far the one I'm the most excited about over the others. I'm patient; I see from the last few updates what kind of quality we're going to get with this release, and I couldn't ask for a better production than what they are doing, other than the delay in getting it shipped because they want it to be perfect. And they sure as heck aren't spending all their pledge money on oddball additions like the stuff they're including with the Bubblegum Crisis Kickstarter... pdf manga files and a challenge coin... woo hoo.
Thanks given by:
Vracer111 (05-04-2014)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime