Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Top Gun: Maverick (Blu-ray)
AU$15.95
2 hrs ago
The Catman of Paris (Blu-ray)
AU$29.98
13 hrs ago
Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$14.90

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$39.98

Pork Chop Hill (Blu-ray)
AU$32.45

Fantasia 2000 (Blu-ray)
AU$5.00

Star Trek: First Contact 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$29.98
1 day ago
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (Blu-ray)
AU$29.98

The Martian (Blu-ray)
AU$5.00

Seriously Red (Blu-ray)
AU$14.99

Frankenweenie (Blu-ray)
AU$5.00

I Am Number Four (Blu-ray)
AU$5.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 02-16-2022, 03:54 AM   #541
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
Australia

It’s a self-defeating cycle. The more we’re forced to import, the less sales the local distributors get (and the local stores), and even less gets released here.

This is why it’s important to support the local boutique labels, they’re resuscitating the physical media market while also getting sales from overseas. Most impressive.
Thanks given by:
Rick Grimes (02-17-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 08:12 AM   #542
Special Member

Aug 2009
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayButler91 View Post
Itís a self-defeating cycle. The more weíre forced to import, the less sales the local distributors get (and the local stores), and even less gets released here.

This is why itís important to support the local boutique labels, theyíre resuscitating the physical media market while also getting sales from overseas. Most impressive.
What I always found frustrating is when people would import a title that has a concurrent local release because they...
(A) Want a slip cover or (B) want it in a slim case or (C) donít like our ratings logos on the front. I mean people are entitled to spend their money wherever and however they want but you canít then complain when the local market starts to reduce or vanish when you choose to buy the same product overseas just for some packaging differences.
Thanks given by:
Brayden96 (02-16-2022), kuzronk (02-16-2022), Mr_Orange (02-16-2022), Rick Grimes (02-17-2022), StrayButler91 (02-16-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 08:54 AM   #543
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
What I always found frustrating is when people would import a title that has a concurrent local release because they...
(A) Want a slip cover or (B) want it in a slim case or (C) donít like our ratings logos on the front. I mean people are entitled to spend their money wherever and however they want but you canít then complain when the local market starts to reduce or vanish when you choose to buy the same product overseas just for some packaging differences.
As ever, itís a free market and people can spend their cash however they want, but yeah, itís frustrating to see that sort of thing. Weíre so spoiled on prices and discounts in Australia despite the shrinking market, people donít realize how good they have it.
Thanks given by:
Gaffer (02-16-2022), kuzronk (02-16-2022), Rick Grimes (02-17-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 12:19 PM   #544
Expert Member

Apr 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayButler91 View Post
Ron's Gone Wrong - originally set for release November 2020, came out October 2021 after about six release date bumps. 4K discs were already manufactured in advance, hence the short turnaround from cinema to disc.

Artemis Fowl - theatrical release outright cancelled months before the planned release date. They had no faith in the film and wouldn't have done a 4K in the first place.

Pirates - a true oddity. Certainly possible that Disney authored the discs at the same time and intend to release them progressively in the United States, but the Aussie and Japan divisions said sod it, we'll just do a collection.
Oh for Artemis Fowl I didn't mean 4K in particular, I meant in general. If we're saying the discs were made for these movies, they would have done so for Artemis Fowl even if it was just DVD.
Old 02-16-2022, 12:20 PM   #545
Expert Member

Apr 2019

Quote:
Confirmed no 4K release from Universal either.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=30137
Yeah, sucks. It looks like Universal is only releasing blockbusters on 4K. Big movies like this and that Ridley Scott one are big but not blockbusters so no 4K. Stupid.
Old 02-16-2022, 12:22 PM   #546
Expert Member

Apr 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
I concur. But sadly, itís DVD that keeps physical media alive in Australia.

UHD is a niche in a niche market here and the proles and plebs have chosen not to buy Blu-Ray in Australia. However, invariably, since DVDís still fly off the shelves, there is a trickle down effect to Blu-Ray and Ultra HD Blu-Ray..

The price point for new DVD releases also works for those who are on a budget and donít give a shit about PQ (new release DVDís are half the price of 2160p BDís).

A major issue with streaming platforms and lower socioeconomic groups is that many donít have unlimited internet and/or anything more than 12.5-25 Mbps plans. They donít own a computer. They have pre-paid internet phone plans with a limited amount of data. Imagine it. You pay your $10 a month to Disney, sure. But you will be limited to how much content you can download. Easy thing is to wait for the DVD and watch it on the TV rather than your phone.

DVD is a cheap way to get access to film and TV for the masses in Australia. So there will always be a place for physical media. Itís the lack of Blu-Ray/UHD BD releases that will continue to be an issue.

The Card Counter should have got a BD release and Last Night in Soho a 4K. We will see more of this, which sucks hard.

So, Blu-Rat aficionados have to import. Which I hate. Cracked cases, packages that take weeks to arrive and get lost in the system.

At present, I have a lost package (was scanned at Aussie Post and then went nowhere), so I need to ring Amazon to get my money back.
Two trucks got ďdelayedĒ with Aramex (f*cking useless mob).
And then even when I pay a premium for Priority International, I get great tracking as it goes through Hawaii into Mascot and customs and then all of a sudden, all I can get on UPSís site is that was in Brisbane at 5.55am yesterday and itís on its way, UPS will give you a delivery date when we know.

And thatís why I get so pissed off that we get DVD only and no UHD releases. Importing is a pain in the arse.

And don't forget how much extra we have to pay for imports. Aussie dollar has been terrible. It's crazy to think it was $1.10 a decade ago.
Thanks given by:
Rick Grimes (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 01:09 AM   #547
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012

Quote:
(A) Want a slip cover or (B) want it in a slim case or (C) don’t like our ratings logos on the front. I mean people are entitled to spend their money wherever and however they want but you can’t then complain when the local market starts to reduce or vanish when you choose to buy the same product overseas just for some packaging differences.
Slim cases are great for storage. But one can do like I do. Buy local and purchase 30x11mm Blu-Ray cases from Amazon (or import empty cases from the US). Then put the 15mm covers in the smaller ones. All too easy.
Old 02-22-2022, 04:54 AM   #548

Sep 2019

Besides amazon what other sites do you guys use to import non boutique 4k's and Blu-ray's ? I'm currently looking for a site to import German releases
Old 02-22-2022, 08:29 AM   #549
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Sydney and Bathurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr292000 View Post
Besides amazon what other sites do you guys use to import non boutique 4k's and Blu-ray's ? I'm currently looking for a site to import German releases
Try jpc (though expect a wait for deliveries) or grooves inc

https://www.jpc.de/
https://www.grooves-inc.com/
Old 02-22-2022, 12:10 PM   #550

Sep 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by shireguy View Post
Try jpc (though expect a wait for deliveries) or grooves inc

https://www.jpc.de/
https://www.grooves-inc.com/
Cheers for grooves inc just got benedetta 4k. How long can I expect to wait for shipping ? A month ?
Thanks given by:
Aunt Peg (02-23-2022)
Old 02-23-2022, 02:17 AM   #551
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012

Quote:
I once imported the remaster of Hardware (a 2000 AD inspired sci-fi/horror from the early Ď90s) from Deep Discount. Was very happy with the packaging and delivery timeÖ Pre-COVID though.
Old 02-24-2022, 04:10 PM   #552

Oct 2013
Melbourne, Australia

My biggest letdown is definitely The Lighthouse.

I missed out on Future Past Rogue Cut and Snowtown too. Had to settle for the DVD for all three except Madman said they'd likely do an anniversary edition for Snowtown at some point in the future...

Yay!! I'll be grabbing that Bluray in four years time
Old 02-25-2022, 07:17 AM   #553
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2016

Quote:
Cheers for grooves inc just got benedetta 4k. How long can I expect to wait for shipping ? A month ?
Everything I've ordered from them lately has taken around 2 weeks.
Old 02-26-2022, 09:09 AM   #554

Sep 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by uinstitches View Post
My biggest letdown is definitely The Lighthouse.

I missed out on Future Past Rogue Cut and Snowtown too. Had to settle for the DVD for all three except Madman said they'd likely do an anniversary edition for Snowtown at some point in the future...

Yay!! I'll be grabbing that Bluray in four years time
I luckily bought the UK bluray
Old 03-15-2022, 10:16 AM   #555
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012

A move by the Aussie distributor I just donít understand.

C2A is DVD only here, yet they released Coming to America on 4K!

Saw it in JB today and immediately bought a copy of the BD from Amazon US via AU.

I also notice a disturbing trend of DVD only re-releases for OOP titles that were both DVD and BD. Bunch of savages in this country.
Old 03-15-2022, 10:20 AM   #556
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2016

16 years into BD's existence and the rabble are still clinging to their SD bullshit, sad innit. It only took 10 years for DVD to kill VHS, but I suppose that was because it's easy to convince people to switch from a large clunky tape format to a disc. Harder to convince 'em that a different type of disc is better since most of them are just blind and/or stupid.
Thanks given by:
Rick Grimes (03-16-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 10:22 AM   #557
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2020
Australia
-
-
-

Quote:
A move by the Aussie distributor I just donít understand.

C2A is DVD only here, yet they released Coming to America on 4K!

Saw it in JB today and immediately bought a copy of the BD from Amazon US via AU.

I also notice a disturbing trend of DVD only re-releases for OOP titles that were both DVD and BD. Bunch of savages in this country.
I watched Coming 2 America on Amazon Prime - you haven't missed much, IMO. It wasn't a patch on the original.
Thanks given by:
Rick Grimes (03-16-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 11:42 AM   #558

May 2017

Quote:

Bit like those Miramax titles that paramount started re-releasing, some on bluray and dvd, other dvd only(including some that were previous on bluray like Clerks and Chasing Amy). I mean the cider house rules has never had a bluray release locally, but you can buy the dvd .

Another example of wtf??? Is the david lynch film, Blue Velvet. Previous on bluray in aus(Fox with a MGM title), now Via Vision in there good sense, to release it on glorious dvd!!! No wonder people buy from overseas, more choice, variety and in some cases cheaper than the local one.
Thanks given by:
Alister_M (03-16-2022), Aunt Peg (03-15-2022), Cheese (03-15-2022), Rick Grimes (03-25-2022)
Old 03-16-2022, 01:59 AM   #559
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister_M View Post
16 years into BD's existence and the rabble are still clinging to their SD bullshit, sad innit. It only took 10 years for DVD to kill VHS, but I suppose that was because it's easy to convince people to switch from a large clunky tape format to a disc. Harder to convince 'em that a different type of disc is better since most of them are just blind and/or stupid.
Old 03-16-2022, 02:04 AM   #560
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayagent View Post

Another example of wtf??? Is the david lynch film, Blue Velvet. Previous on bluray in aus(Fox with a MGM title), now Via Vision in there good sense, to release it on glorious dvd!!! No wonder people buy from overseas, more choice, variety and in some cases cheaper than the local one.
I saw some UK import copies of Blue Velvet in JB today. Despite cutdowns in shelf space (they've shrunk the BD section by 2 or 3 shelves compared to what it was) at least the NZ one is making a damn good effort to supply customers with a few titles that haven't been released here or have gone OOP seemingly never to return. Now if only most of their import UHDs were 10 or 20 bucks cheaper
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia