Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Revenge (Blu-ray)
$6.99

The X-Files: The Complete Season 11 (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Critters Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.47
34 min ago
Predator: 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.96
11 hrs ago
Skyscraper 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Legion: The Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Heat (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Homeland: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Spy Who Dumped Me 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

A Cure for Wellness (Blu-ray)
$3.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio

Old 10-26-2018, 12:15 AM   #2081
Special Member

May 2011
Seoul, Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by koover View Post
Beautiful. I love this wood too. I'm not sure if I want to snag the Eikon or Auteur. Please let us know what they sound like after some time. Congrats bro! I own the Atticus and Ori so this is definitely on my radar.
Anything Zach churns out is in my sound signature wheelhouse so I'm jealous.
Awesome, what are your impressions of the Atticus?
I was looking for a closed-back, or semi closed headphone this time around. I have so many open back cans, and I was thinking it might be good to have some traveling headphones (airplane use) for variety, since I've been using my AK120 with Andromeda for a couple years on my travels now (sometimes I use the Vega instead). That is an outstanding combination, but I think I have been using IEMs too much lately, and my ear canals' opening where the buds sit are starting to get a little aggravated. They might need a rest from earbud use.

I have my Eikon plugged into my amp right now, and it's just going to play music for a week before I actually sit down and take a listen. I will say this:
The first song that popped up on my player when I plugged the headphones in was "So What" by Miles Davis. I put them on my head for about 15 seconds, and... I noticed right away that it handles horns and string bass with good presence, and had a very nice audio texture.

I think these headphones and I will be getting along real well.

I will probably edit my unboxing video tonight. It's not one of those blurry cell phone videos... I had a two camera setup. Takes more time to cull it all together.

Last edited by KcMsterpce; 10-26-2018 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:57 AM   #2082
Special Member

May 2011
Seoul, Korea

OK, so I decided to be completely stupid and embarrass myself on the internet.
I think this is the first time that has ever happened.

Thanks given by:
frogmeat69 (10-28-2018), koover (11-04-2018), Scarriere (11-03-2018), Vracer111 (10-30-2018)
Old 10-27-2018, 05:14 PM   #2083
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMsterpce View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xET4...ature=youtu.be
Dude, that was freakin' hysterical! I loved it!!!

Best unboxing vid of the year!!!

[Show spoiler](PS...that's the only unboxing vid that I watched this year...)
Thanks given by:
KcMsterpce (10-28-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 11:02 AM   #2084
Special Member

May 2011
Seoul, Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
Dude, that was freakin' hysterical! I loved it!!!

Best unboxing vid of the year!!!

[Show spoiler](PS...that's the only unboxing vid that I watched this year...)
Thanks. I personally can't stand unboxing videos. The least people can do is turn some lights on and put the cell phone on a stupid tripod. Usually, it's just dark and blurry, and anticlimactic (that's what SHE said!).
Glad to know 1) somebody saw it, and 2) found a semblance of entertainment from it.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:35 AM   #2085
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Thumbs up

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xET4...ature=youtu.be
Finally took the time to watch it... LOL, this is how unboxing videos should be... one of the funniest videos I've seen in a while, caught the "what's in the case!?" bit right off the bat and your delivery of that was just priceless. Would not mind it one bit if you made more videos...
Thanks given by:
KcMsterpce (10-30-2018)
Old 10-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #2086
Special Member

May 2011
Seoul, Korea

Huh. Interesting. I figured no one would give a damn, and my slapstick mentality might make many just have big question marks in their head.

We'll see if I decide to do another episode. It would be a review of the headphones themselves. I plan on doing a shootout against four other headphones I own, followed by my intended desires for the Eikon, concluding with a review.
It will be lighter on the "humor". I don't want to make a long review, but I probably would have a lot to say, both to set up my mini-reviews of the other headphones I want the Eikon to "fill in for", as well as the review of the Eikon itself.

Regardless, thanks for taking a look. Glad someone got the Brad Pitt reference.

I have done some long-winded reviews/posts in this thread in the past about some of my stuff. I think a video would be quicker to explain than a lengthy post. I am guessing I'll have some stuff to say about these ZMF cans.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (11-03-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 03:29 PM   #2087
Power Member

Aug 2009
Surprise Arizona

Hey man I watched your vid the day you posted it. I just never got around to it to respond. It was awesome bro. It was really funny and FINALLY something that was different, off the wall and unexpected. I thought it would be just another guy on here doing the same ol same ol. You need to keep doing them. I’d watch every one.
You’re a funny dude and didn’t expect that from the way all your other posts are on this thread.
I’m tellin ya, you’d have people watching these if you posted on YouTube. Have you? A lot of people I believe would follow you. I would. Your next one should be someone-what serious if your’re describing the sound of a particular headphone but have fun with it, your style. Hell, ever watch a Z review? If that guy can have thousands of followers? must I say more other then he’s more entertaining (well,’not really) then knowledgeable and your MUCH MUCH more entertaining, funny, and real without having to drop one F bomb after another.
Awesome job bro. Unexpected!
And yeah, all of us knowledgeable movie buffs got your “what’s in the box”’ reference immediately as we all know that came from the movie “The Box”....the movie with Pacino in it! Come on, everyone knows that!
Cheers bro!
Greg

Last edited by koover; 11-04-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Thanks given by:
KcMsterpce (11-05-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 04:01 PM   #2088
Power Member

Aug 2009
Surprise Arizona

Quote:
Awesome, what are your impressions of the Atticus?
I was looking for a closed-back, or semi closed headphone this time around. I have so many open back cans, and I was thinking it might be good to have some traveling headphones (airplane use) for variety, since I've been using my AK120 with Andromeda for a couple years on my travels now (sometimes I use the Vega instead). That is an outstanding combination, but I think I have been using IEMs too much lately, and my ear canals' opening where the buds sit are starting to get a little aggravated. They might need a rest from earbud use.

I have my Eikon plugged into my amp right now, and it's just going to play music for a week before I actually sit down and take a listen. I will say this:
The first song that popped up on my player when I plugged the headphones in was "So What" by Miles Davis. I put them on my head for about 15 seconds, and... I noticed right away that it handles horns and string bass with good presence, and had a very nice audio texture.

I think these headphones and I will be getting along real well.

I will probably edit my unboxing video tonight. It's not one of those blurry cell phone videos... I had a two camera setup. Takes more time to cull it all together.
Forgot to respond to this one too.
Love the Atticus but after I said I would NEVER trade it, I'm looking to do just that. Not because I don't like it (actually I love it) it's because I also have the Ori and that one just checks off all the boxes I'm looking for in Zach's house sound for a closed back. I'd still rather have the Eikon because of the sub bass, more neutral, a lot more extended in the treble, etc. or Auteur but I just love the Ori, so no need to have 2 headphones so close in sound signature.

After picking up the Klipsch Heritage HP-3 in a trade for my AFO (which I personally think is a steal) I'm loving that Klipsch sound as it's sooooo diferent then anything I've ever heard. It has such a huge 2 channel sound signature that I just can't get enough of it. It has by far now become by daily driver. So what does that have to do with the Atticus? it's because it makes the Atty sound so freakin dark and rolled off in the low, mid and upper treble. Even though the treble is still very detailed, it just doesn't reach the level of detail, without any sibilance, of the HP-3. The Atty slams so hard in the mid bass but the sub bass is kinda hidden with all the mid bass going on where the sub bass is there, just masked.

The sub and mid bass on the HP-3 reaches levels of the TH900 and is just so satisfying. It doesn't bleed into the mids or treble and just kills it. It's V shaped I guess but done right. Think TH-X00 Purpleheart as the poor mans HP-3 that doesn't even come close. Is pretty fast in both the bass and treble, no sibilance but can at times can get a lil fat in the bass, track dependent. The mids is where the Atty shines. Very liquid smooth and lush.....so very warm. If I would have never heard the HP-3 or Ori, it would stay with me probably forever.

Last edited by koover; 11-04-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:14 PM   #2089
Expert Member

Mar 2012
Western New York, U.S.A.

Good job on the video, keep 'em coming.
And as far as Z's review videos, can't stand any of them, they annoy the Hell out of me, just foul language and not much else, how does he have such a large following???? "Just buy these, they are f*#king awesome, magic dust for the ears, f*#k yeah!"

Last edited by frogmeat69; 11-04-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Thanks given by:
koover (11-04-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 11:26 PM   #2090
Special Member

May 2011
Seoul, Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by koover View Post
Forgot to respond to this one too.
Love the Atticus but after I said I would NEVER trade it, I'm looking to do just that. Not because I don't like it (actually I love it) it's because I also have the Ori and that one just checks off all the boxes I'm looking for in Zach's house sound for a closed back. I'd still rather have the Eikon because of the sub bass, more neutral, a lot more extended in the treble, etc. or Auteur but I just love the Ori, so no need to have 2 headphones so close in sound signature.
[Show spoiler]
After picking up the Klipsch Heritage HP-3 in a trade for my AFO (which I personally think is a steal) I'm loving that Klipsch sound as it's sooooo diferent then anything I've ever heard. It has such a huge 2 channel sound signature that I just can't get enough of it. It has by far now become by daily driver. So what does that have to do with the Atticus? it's because it makes the Atty sound so freakin dark and rolled off in the low, mid and upper treble. Even though the treble is still very detailed, it just doesn't reach the level of detail, without any sibilance, of the HP-3. The Atty slams so hard in the mid bass but the sub bass is kinda hidden with all the mid bass going on where the sub bass is there, just masked.

The sub and mid bass on the HP-3 reaches levels of the TH900 and is just so satisfying. It doesn't bleed into the mids or treble and just kills it. It's V shaped I guess but done right. Think TH-X00 Purpleheart as the poor mans HP-3 that doesn't even come close. Is pretty fast in both the bass and treble, no sibilance but can at times can get a lil fat in the bass, track dependent. The mids is where the Atty shines.
... Very liquid smooth and lush.....so very warm. If I would have never heard the HP-3 or Ori, it would stay with me probably forever.
Thanks for breaking it down for me. It seems to me you like da bass.

As for my Eikon headphones... I listened to them for an hour or so using only my Centrance Hifi M8. I plan to listen a lot more over the next couple days.
With the Centrance, it sounds pretty good. I used to love the M8, but since I got the Yggy and V281, well... psh. Kind of unfair to put the M8 at the same level as a dedicated DAC and amp.
I've been on travel the last couple days and haven't had much opportunity to get more intimate with them.
I will reserve judgement on the Eikon until I listen to them with my real Schiit!

Thanks again for the complimentary comments on my video. I might have a couple things down the pipeline this weekend. The next video(s) won't be as "silly". With that said, I tend to sprinkle really bad puns in normal day-to-day conversation in my Natural Habitat, so it won't be completely "dry", either.

Cheers!

Last edited by KcMsterpce; 11-05-2018 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:33 PM   #2091
Special Member

May 2011
Seoul, Korea

I don't mean to be hijacking, but this episode is all about headphones. Seems appropriate.

This episode covers the headphones that I currently own, with a brief overview of my personal impressions of each pair.
Listed below are time stamps for each mini-review, in case you don’t give a flying rat’s patootie about ALL the stuff I have to say:

0:00 - Introduction
3:07 – Sennheiser PC363D
4:07 – AKG Q701 and K701
7:25 – Audio Technica ATH-M50Xbl
9:22 – Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee (from Massdrop)
10:53 – Sennheiser HD650
15:11 – MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs
18:18 – Audeze Mobius
Thanks given by:
FreddieFerric (11-10-2018), frogmeat69 (11-08-2018), koover (11-12-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 01:07 AM   #2092
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
I don't mean to be hijacking, but this episode is all about headphones. Seems appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgbu...ature=youtu.be

This episode covers the headphones that I currently own, with a brief overview of my personal impressions of each pair.
Listed below are time stamps for each mini-review, in case you don’t give a flying rat’s patootie about ALL the stuff I have to say:

Good Job! Looks like the 650's are still at the top of the heap.
[Show spoiler]For Now.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:36 AM   #2093
Special Member

May 2011
Seoul, Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
Good Job! Looks like the 650's are still at the top of the heap.
[Show spoiler]For Now.
Thanks. Part two is complete. (The link is in the spoiler tag )
[Show spoiler]https://youtu.be/cTNa-sS_VHo

Here is a breakdown of what was covered...

0:00 – HifiMan HE-560 (slideshow, filmed after the episode was finished)
2:50 – LTD ZMF Eikon (description of the design and of wood types, not an actual review)
5:05 – Introduction: Earbuds / Inner-ear monitors (IEM)
6:20 – Westone 4r
8:35 – Sennheiser ie800
11:54 – Campfire Audio Vega
13:40 – Campfire Audio Andromeda
16:40 – AudioQuest NightHawk
Thanks given by:
koover (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #2094
Power Member

Aug 2009
Surprise Arizona

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgbu...ature=youtu.be

Good job Kc. You truly need to keep going with these. You definitely have a different and unique take on reviews which is refreshing. Seriously man! Also, you're no hijacking this thread in the least. This is ALL about headphones so keep them coming.
Thanks given by:
Badas (11-16-2018), KcMsterpce (11-12-2018)
Old 11-17-2018, 10:00 AM   #2095
Special Member

May 2011
Seoul, Korea

Well well well... here we are again, with another episode. I'm quite surprised that I have come THIS far in episode numbers!
I may have another 4-6 episodes left in me. After that, I don't have a clue if I'll keep going. I won't be buying any more headphone equipment for at least eight months (at the minimum), so I can't think of things that would have me continue with "Mann's Cans".
Also, editing is really time consuming lol.

Here is the link:

Thanks given by:
Vracer111 (11-17-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio