Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U)
$16.80

Hello Kitty Kruisers (Wii U)
$49.99

Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
$19.99

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo

Old 11-08-2018, 11:08 PM   #81
Special Member

Feb 2013
Essex, UK
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
If this ends up being true, I would like to point out that people should temper their expectations when it comes to loading their own roms. Not that it wouldn't become available it's practically a given but because how temperamental n64 emulation still is.

Games like Resident Evil 2 or games by Factor 5 still don't run right and several other games only run decently when additional drivers are installed with Project 64 or Muppen. Adding glide support will not likley be an option after the machine is hacked. Then there's the part of how well the system will handle analog accuracy for those games.
Unfortunately this is very true, that said as long as I can load up the Turok collection then Iíll be all good with the other basics that are bound to be on there (F zero x better be on it!)
Old 11-09-2018, 05:19 AM   #82
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Goldeneye, Star Wars Pod Racer, Mace: The Dark Age, Ready 2 Rumble, Clay Fighters 64, Army Men 2, and Mortal Kombat games for me.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:01 PM   #83
Power Member

Apr 2009

Hoping for Ogre Battle 64. Amazing game, and it was on the Wii Virtual Console.
Thanks given by:
KillaCam (11-10-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 11:34 PM   #84
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Send a message via AIM to Britnasty

Can we get Gauntlet Legends? Wishful thinking on my part.
Thanks given by:
abbottd (11-10-2018), deadsincebirth (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 03:13 AM   #85
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

It would be pretty funny if they included Superman.
Thanks given by:
Blu-Curry (11-11-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 06:24 AM   #86
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaius Marius View Post
Hoping for Ogre Battle 64. Amazing game, and it was on the Wii Virtual Console.
One of my fav games of all time. I was hoping that tactics ogre would be on the ps1 classic but of course itís not.
Thanks given by:
Gaius Marius (11-14-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #87
Power Member

Jul 2011
Naples, Italy

Take this with a grain of salt, but screenrant.com says this is getting announced soon, and it will be released in December. Also says the 1st 5 out of 30 games will be announced. They say they are Super Mario 64, the 2 n 64 zeldas,Banjo Kazoiee,and puyo puyo 64. Those 5 alone are better than the entire 20 of the ps classic. If this is true and its actually out this year,im not getting the ps classic. I will only buy the ps classic if the n64 comes out from January.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:41 AM   #88
Power Member

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhlan Ain Ajeeba View Post
Take this with a grain of salt, but screenrant.com says this is getting announced soon, and it will be released in December. Also says the 1st 5 out of 30 games will be announced. They say they are Super Mario 64, the 2 n 64 zeldas,Banjo Kazoiee,and puyo puyo 64. Those 5 alone are better than the entire 20 of the ps classic. If this is true and its actually out this year,im not getting the ps classic. I will only buy the ps classic if the n64 comes out from January.
Not getting the PS classic is silly, it will probably be hackable so you can add whatever you want. I want to see how Nintendo will pull this off with pretty much a little over 30 days for Xmas, how they gonna supply stores and keep up with demand world wide in such a short period.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #89
Power Member

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhlan Ain Ajeeba View Post
I think next year is more plausible. I doubt it will have 30 games.
Thanks given by:
navydavey (11-12-2018), Wingman1977 (11-16-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #90
Special Member

Feb 2013
Essex, UK
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donl1282 View Post
I think next year is more plausible. I doubt it will have 30 games.
I agree 100% with you but I sure hope weíre wrong
Old 11-15-2018, 08:09 PM   #91
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

I watched a video recently of a "leak" that said either there will be a Nintendo Direct on Nov 15th (today lol) or by the 29th we'll know for sure (basically the end of the month lol). I really think it's real and it's coming, but there's this to consider:

Quote:
Despite not being announced in 2018 though, Nintendo of America’s Reggie Fils-Aime says that the idea of an N64 Classic isn’t something he is against.

In a recent interview with Kotaku, Fils-Aime explained a bit more about how the Classic series of consoles was created in the first place. Fils-Aime said that these devices were created to help bridge Nintendo from the Wii U era to that of the Switch.

His full statement said the following:

“We were clear when we did the first two Classic series that, for us, these were limited time opportunities that were a way for us as a business to bridge from the conclusion of Wii U as a hardware system to the launch of Nintendo Switch. That was the very strategic reason we launched the NES Classic system.

So while consumers may have been anticipating something, we view these as limited time opportunities. We’ve also now been very clear that as the consumer looks forward to engaging with our classic content that is going to happen more and more with the subscription service.”

Because of this, Nintendo doesn’t necessarily need to continue making these Classic consoles since they are now fully entrenched in the Switch’s life cycle. They seem to be more focused on selling units of their current console rather than new items on the market. Despite this, however, Fils-Aime says he still isn’t against the idea of the N64 Classic. “I would not ever rule something out,” he told Kotaku, “but what I can tell you is certainly that’s not in our planning horizon.”
https://www.dualshockers.com/n64-cla...gie-fils-aime/

"Limited time opportunities" and yet they decided to re-release the NES and SNES Classics due to high demand.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:11 AM   #92
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2013

Reggie Says There Isn’t A Nintendo 64 Classic In Their “Planning Horizon”

“Would you rule out an N64 Classic coming?” I asked.

“I would not ever rule something out,” he [Reggie] said, “but what I can tell you is certainly that’s not in our planning horizon.”

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/11/1...nning-horizon/
Old 11-18-2018, 02:22 PM   #93
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Basically Nintendo looked at Sonys lineup for the PS Classic laughed and said yep we dont need to worry
Old 12-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #94
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2014
Glasgow

Get it released, Nintendo!!!!

I've been a good boy this year.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:31 PM   #95
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martoto View Post

They're probably waiting for the PSX Classic hype to die down a bit first and hoping the NES Classic and SNES Classic sales will tide them over.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:56 PM   #96
Special Member

Feb 2013
Essex, UK
United Kingdom

Quote:

No you havenít, thatís why none of us are getting one this year

Damn I want an N64 mini so much - F Zero X forever!! (And Turok 2 once itís inevitably hacked)
Old 12-12-2018, 12:46 PM   #97
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2014
Glasgow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
They're probably waiting for the PSX Classic hype to die down a bit first and hoping the NES Classic and SNES Classic sales will tide them over.
I thought the hype had died the moment people started getting headaches trying to play the couple of good games that are on that thing.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:52 AM   #98
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2014
Glasgow

Almost unanimously disappointed reception for the PSX classic could mean the N64 stepping up to take the acclaim. Or it could mean that the mini classic market aint as strong as we might think and Nintendo get cold feet.

Frankly, I'll take a machine with Kart 64 and Mario Golf plus one other good game and they can fill it up with total crap. It'll still be worth it.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:44 PM   #99
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Almost unanimously disappointed reception for the PSX classic could mean the N64 stepping up to take the acclaim. Or it could mean that the mini classic market aint as strong as we might think and Nintendo get cold feet.

Frankly, I'll take a machine with Kart 64 and Mario Golf plus one other good game and they can fill it up with total crap. It'll still be worth it.
I think there are 10-12 games I like on the three classics combined. Even if it's only 10, at $240 that's $24 a game so worth it to me.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:00 PM   #100

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydavey View Post
(And Turok 2 once it’s inevitably hacked)
I still can't figure out why anyone cares about hacking any of these things. What's the advantage of playing unofficially supported games on an official console versus playing unofficially supported games on an unofficially supported device? This was even more puzzling with NES and SNES since they've had near-perfect emulators since the late 90s.

Last edited by PenguinInfinity; 12-20-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo