Best PS4 Game Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Soon: Yona of the Dawn: Part Two ()

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Shining Resonance Refrain (PS4)
$24.99
13 hrs ago
Dark Souls Trilogy (PS4)
$59.99

Sonic Forces (PS4)
$19.99

Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4)
$39.99

Fire Pro Wrestling World Day One Edition (PS4)
$29.99

LEGO DC Super-Villains (PS4)
$48.99
14 hrs ago
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (PS4)
$54.50

TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge (PS4)
$19.99

Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4)
$70.36
22 hrs ago
Jurassic World: Evolution (PS4)
$49.80

NASCAR HEAT 3 (PS4)
$37.86

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PS4)
$11.28

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 11-09-2018, 01:26 AM   #1901
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
I killed the legendary Moose. It was hard to do cause I had my niece crying cause I was shooting it.
I lost mine. Since he/she died in the water.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:20 AM   #1902
Power Member

May 2007
San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyCosts View Post
Man Arthur gets real character development throughout the game, his arc in the later chapters is really impressive. It really shows the lack of depth in other open world games plots like assassins creed or even my favorite game of last year hzd.
But...........

People whined and claimed before the game released that R* stopped caring about single player and the main storyline because of what GTA V Online evolved into over the past 5 years
Old 11-09-2018, 04:30 AM   #1903
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24SD View Post
But...........

People whined and claimed before the game released that R* stopped caring about single player and the main storyline because of what GTA V Online evolved into over the past 5 years
Well they did promise single player DLC for GTA 5 but never delivered.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:36 AM   #1904
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
San Antonio, TX

I finally made it to chapter 3. Is there a way to see time played? I looked around but might be overlooking it.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #1905
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2013
Chicago

Quote:
But...........

They did stop caring about it in gta 5. Gta online is soulless dlc hell. Here's hoping we get some more single player stuff in red dead 2. Plenty to stay busy with for a long time though
Thanks given by:
jayturner514 (11-10-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 05:49 PM   #1906
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
Miami, FL

Another issue I find with the game and it has started to become the norm in almost all video games recently its how solid objects go through other solid objects. I don't know why that bothers me but it does.

For example, in a certain mission you have to hide in the back of a wagon while you are being transported and while hiding half of the rifle on Arthur's back goes through the fabric material and sticks out.

It just takes the realism out of these gorgeous and detailed games.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 06:13 PM   #1907
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas_King View Post
Another issue I find with the game and it has started to become the norm in almost all video games recently its how solid objects go through other solid objects. I don't know why that bothers me but it does.

For example, in a certain mission you have to hide in the back of a wagon while you are being transported and while hiding half of the rifle on Arthur's back goes through the fabric material and sticks out.

Clipping. Yes, it's aggravating for me as well.

Good read here https://www.quora.com/Why-are-clippi...in-video-games
Thanks given by:
Leonidas_King (11-10-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 10:56 PM   #1908
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2013
Chicago

Quote:

its been a thing in gaming for decades sadly
Old 11-09-2018, 11:39 PM   #1909
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

While Arthur has made some foolish decisions in the game, I still like the character overall, and I agree that his character arch is very nicely told, as he faces new challenges throughout his life.

My main complaint with the missions aside from the lengthy follow this character while they talk introductions (but it does add story to what would've otherwise been "go to this point" traveling), is there are too many times when I was just told to "Protect this character" and then literally a mere second passes and it says "They were shot and died." GAME OVER!

What the hell? At least give the player a second to even react. Thankfully it usually only happens on the first run of the mission, say about every 4th mission or so, but it's still a serious flaw to the game design that needs to be ironed out. There are many glitches in this game than I've ever seen in a Rockstar game of the past.

I can make a list, but I'll stay focused on everything this RDR2 game does right for now, which is a good amount. A solid, generally fun game with an increasingly interesting story and characters.

Quote:

Good point. It affects CGI as well, where the animator has to carefully make sure the foot doesn't pass through the floor when walking, instead of a program that created a physics based surface that prevented things from passing through, as is present in most game engines to program games with. Though many times, the shape of the surface is just a simple ORB covering the character, so it doesn't cover the surface of the limbs, hands and so on as I wish it did.
Thanks given by:
Old 11-10-2018, 02:44 AM   #1910
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
Miami, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Clipping. Yes, it's aggravating for me as well.

Good read here https://www.quora.com/Why-are-clippi...in-video-games
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyCosts View Post
its been a thing in gaming for decades sadly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post

Good point. It affects CGI as well, where the animator has to carefully make sure the foot doesn't pass through the floor when walking, instead of a program that created a physics based surface that prevented things from passing through, as is present in most game engines to program games with. Though many times, the shape of the surface is just a simple ORB covering the character, so it doesn't cover the surface of the limbs, hands and so on as I wish it did.
Had no idea it actually had a name.

What's funny is that I recently played the remaster version of GTA V also from Rockstar Games and did not notice any of those clippings and if there were any it was very unnoticeable and not so much in your face like with this one.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 06:07 AM   #1911
Power Member

May 2007
San Diego

Quote:
While Arthur has made some foolish decisions in the game, I still like the character overall, and I agree that his character arch is very nicely told, as he faces new challenges throughout his life.

My main complaint with the missions aside from the lengthy follow this character while they talk introductions (but it does add story to what would've otherwise been "go to this point" traveling), is there are too many times when I was just told to "Protect this character" and then literally a mere second passes and it says "They were shot and died." GAME OVER!

What the hell? At least give the player a second to even react. Thankfully it usually only happens on the first run of the mission, say about every 4th mission or so, but it's still a serious flaw to the game design that needs to be ironed out. There are many glitches in this game than I've ever seen in a Rockstar game of the past.

I can make a list, but I'll stay focused on everything this RDR2 game does right for now, which is a good amount. A solid, generally fun game with an increasingly interesting story and characters.

The game is not perfect, yes most people see and know that. But the game was in development for 8 years and had 3 delays after it was announced and R* themselves came out and said "We feel the game needs more time and polish". But yet that still drove people nuts.

With that being said this game IMHO is easily the best game this console generation.

I mean seriously other devs that make comparable games like Bethesda, Ubisoft, and cdprojekt red, make worse half assed released games with multiple tiers of "season passes" and other in game micro transactions that influence and ultimately force people to spend more money on those games.

As much hate R* gets for what GTA V Online evolved into over the past 5 years. No other game dev or publisher has put out and released the amount of good quality of free online updates and additional online content and new modes R* put out.

Last edited by KB24SD; 11-10-2018 at 06:45 AM.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:13 PM   #1912
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
The game is not perfect, yes most people see and know that. But the game was in development for 8 years and had 3 delays after it was announced and R* themselves came out and said "We feel the game needs more time and polish". But yet that still drove people nuts.

With that being said this game IMHO is easily the best game this console generation.

I mean seriously other devs that make comparable games like Bethesda, Ubisoft, and cdprojekt red, make worse half assed released games with multiple tiers of "season passes" and other in game micro transactions that influence and ultimately force people to spend more money on those games.

As much hate R* gets for what GTA V Online evolved into over the past 5 years. No other game dev or publisher has put out and released the amount of good quality of free online updates and additional online content and new modes R* put out.
Good point that RDR2 has more strengths than weaknesses overall, though I was surprised for such a big team like Rockstar, that so many glitches slipped through, that definitely affect the immersion of the game. I found one glitch that was so distracting that I went on a whole adventure just inside of the glitch of what is considered a giant, unfinished landscape. (I made a video of it).

The missions in RDR2 are more fun than in the original RDR IMO, as they're more varied after getting through the "ride to point A while talking on a horse".

The targeting is pretty good with the right settings. I have it set to narrow, so if I want, I can lock on to the enemy faster, having limited time to play while reducing the need to restart missions.

But in my view, the character story of Arthur and his gang is definitely a highlight, along with the impressive open wilderness to explore. This is the first Rockstar game that took this long to finally unlock the whole map, which I'm not thrilled about being well over 30 hours in (lots of exploring at first before tackling missions), but the story is good enough to keep me more patient about it.

If they iron out the glitches, Red Dead Redemption 2 could be a 9/10 for me, though currently it's an 8/10 in my view. Story, I'll give a 9/10, and graphics, 9/10 so far. Gameplay, 8/10, controls, interface and interaction 6/10; there are too many things that just don't need to be so clumsy to accomplish (like trying to pick up an item on the desk or having to hold a button for 2 seconds to make it do something, holding L2 and then pressing Greet with square seems unnecessary too) but they are. Polish of the game, 6/10. It needs more ironing out of the many distracting glitches I'm literally encountering nearly each mission I play. The last glitch had the sun casting shadows that would move faster than the character moves, in a non stop loop until I reset the game.

Overall: 8/10 so far.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:16 PM   #1913
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
Miami, FL

I’m on the same boat. It’s an 8.5 (close to a 9) out of 10 so far. I’m slowly approaching Chapter 4.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 04:19 PM   #1914
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Iím on the same boat. Itís an 8.5 (close to a 9) out of 10 so far. Iím slowly approaching Chapter 4.
Cool. The story definitely continues to improve and add new twists and turns. I look forward to seeing how it's all going to turn out.
Thanks given by:
Old 11-10-2018, 04:25 PM   #1915
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009
Germany

How many chapters are there in total?
Old 11-10-2018, 04:27 PM   #1916
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
Miami, FL

6 chapters.

2 epilogues.
Thanks given by:
BladeRunner2007 (11-10-2018), Zivouhr (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 04:32 PM   #1917
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
6 chapters.

2 epilogues.
Thanks for the heads up. I thought maybe 10 chapters. I'm on chapter 6 now, but it seems like some chapters are much lengthier than others, so that's cool.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:30 AM   #1918
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2013
Chicago

Quote:
Good point that RDR2 has more strengths than weaknesses overall, though I was surprised for such a big team like Rockstar, that so many glitches slipped through, that definitely affect the immersion of the game. I found one glitch that was so distracting that I went on a whole adventure just inside of the glitch of what is considered a giant, unfinished landscape. (I made a video of it).

The missions in RDR2 are more fun than in the original RDR IMO, as they're more varied after getting through the "ride to point A while talking on a horse".

The targeting is pretty good with the right settings. I have it set to narrow, so if I want, I can lock on to the enemy faster, having limited time to play while reducing the need to restart missions.

But in my view, the character story of Arthur and his gang is definitely a highlight, along with the impressive open wilderness to explore. This is the first Rockstar game that took this long to finally unlock the whole map, which I'm not thrilled about being well over 30 hours in (lots of exploring at first before tackling missions), but the story is good enough to keep me more patient about it.

If they iron out the glitches, Red Dead Redemption 2 could be a 9/10 for me, though currently it's an 8/10 in my view. Story, I'll give a 9/10, and graphics, 9/10 so far. Gameplay, 8/10, controls, interface and interaction 6/10; there are too many things that just don't need to be so clumsy to accomplish (like trying to pick up an item on the desk or having to hold a button for 2 seconds to make it do something, holding L2 and then pressing Greet with square seems unnecessary too) but they are. Polish of the game, 6/10. It needs more ironing out of the many distracting glitches I'm literally encountering nearly each mission I play. The last glitch had the sun casting shadows that would move faster than the character moves, in a non stop loop until I reset the game.

Overall: 8/10 so far.
For a world this beautiful and huge I've ran across barely any glitches. Messy interface with picking up items isn't a glitch, its annoying sure but not enough to lower a rating of the entire experience. Lets be honest, its a damn masterpiece compared to pretty much any other open world game. Rockstar created the genre and they maintain being the best at it.

I'm in epilogue two, its insane that the ps4 doesn't allow you to look at time played 5 years later. Its really not a hard feature to have, every other platform includes it. I estimate I'm about 60 hours in.

Last edited by LegacyCosts; 11-11-2018 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:21 AM   #1919

Aug 2017

i beat it a couple days ago this game gets a 10/10 and i found gavin
Old 11-11-2018, 01:41 AM   #1920
Power Member

Aug 2008

The Edith Downes...
[Show spoiler]stranger missions are heartbreaking. In particular the one where you bring her back to her son and you can really see how much Arthur hates himself. How much he regrets what he did to them and how genuinely sorry he is. The ever so slight break up in his voice and the lingering shots of his deeply saddened eyes when he delivers those last few lines before he leaves them made me cry like I haven't cried since I first played The Last of Us. He reminds me of Joel in so many ways.

Arthur is one of gaming's greatest characters, and while I know how
[Show spoiler]his story is going to end...I am seriously not looking forward to controlling a young John Marston. I think I will simply restart the game as soon as I finish it.
Thanks given by:
Mandalorian (11-11-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4