Best Anime Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
No Game, No Life Zero (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Monster Musume Everyday Life With Monster Girls: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Armed Girl's Machiavellism: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Non Non Biyori: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$20.99

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Hitorijime My Hero: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma: The Second Plate Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Girls und Panzer: This Is The Real Anzio Battle! OVA (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Sailor Moon Super S: Season 4 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Tamako Love Story (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion

Old 11-07-2018, 10:30 AM   #2241

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinwith26s View Post
This is the smuttiest forum I have witnessed on Blu-ray.com

I LOVE IT
Actually go take a peak in the Celebrity appreciation thread. You'll have to take a bath after you go there, as you'll feel nasty. I would guess that a majority of the posters in that thread haven't been with someone in that type of manner. *cough*
Old 11-07-2018, 11:13 PM   #2242
Expert Member

May 2010
British Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Actually go take a peak in the Celebrity appreciation thread. You'll have to take a bath after you go there, as you'll feel nasty. I would guess that a majority of the posters in that thread haven't been with someone in that type of manner. *cough*
Well now I'm just curious.

UPDATE:
I checked some of them out. I didn't find anything too smutty. Just standard worship of celebrities as deities.

Last edited by rollinwith26s; 11-08-2018 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:36 AM   #2243

Oct 2014

Im halfway through, 13 episodes into When They Cry s2 Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai. Enjoying it so far. Everything is starting to come together.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:27 AM   #2244
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2017
Bluegrass State
Default Rewatching Now!

Thanks given by:
Bolo Seagull (11-09-2018), RavenCodex (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 03:39 AM   #2245
Power Member

May 2015

Anyone not watching Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai is missing out on some good stuff. Quickly on its way to becoming my AOTY.

(and its GWG safe )
Old 11-09-2018, 06:01 AM   #2246
Expert Member

May 2010
British Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk1 View Post
Anyone not watching Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai is missing out on some good stuff. Quickly on its way to becoming my AOTY.

(and its GWG safe )
I saw the first episode and was amused. Might keep watching.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:36 AM   #2247
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
Midwest, U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk1 View Post

(and its GWG safe )
Meh, I didn't think GwG was really into high school romance shows (which is what this is, even if it has this science-fiction twist).
Old 11-09-2018, 11:47 AM   #2248
Blu-ray Knight

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

if it's a RomDram or at least a serious-themed romance without much comedy, and not an actual RomCom, then I would probably like it. Most high school romance anime tend to be RomComs and have way too much comedy in them for me, though. Toradora! was right at my limit of tolerance, just enough seriousness for me to hang in to the end, and that was only if I watched it subbed, as English VAs always use too much exaggerated or overacted comedy compared to the Japanese.

I very much enjoyed High school RomDrams like A Lull in the Sea, Your Lie in April, A Place Where you Live, or even Tsukigakirei. And especially if the romance evolves past some dumb little kiss that the characters both spazz out over.

Last edited by Girls With Guns; 11-09-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #2249
Blu-ray Knight

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Watched the most recent episode of RErideD and Golden Kamuy last night while eating supper - RErideD just keeps getting better and better with every episode, I'm totally into it. The Golden Kamuy episode had some sillyness in it as usual, but still fairly good.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #2250
Power Member

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls With Guns View Post
if it's a RomDram or at least a serious-themed romance without much comedy, and not an actual RomCom, then I would probably like it. Most high school romance anime tend to be RomComs and have way too much comedy in them for me, though. Toradora! was right at my limit of tolerance, just enough seriousness for me to hang in to the end, and that was only if I watched it subbed, as English VAs always use too much exaggerated or overacted comedy compared to the Japanese.

I very much enjoyed High school RomDrams like A Lull in the Sea, Your Lie in April, A Place Where you Live, or even Tsukigakirei. And especially if the romance evolves past some dumb little kiss that the characters both spazz out over.
It's definitely not a romCOM, the only comedy is the witty banter between the two mains. It is a fun show though, not super serious. There is a sci-fi aspect (more fantasy than sci-fi probably, they just use sci-fi explanations),but no spazzing, yelling, going chibi or stuff like that (they act like normal teens), which is what makes this so great. It's like Bakemonogatari without all the vampires and stuff, lots of great dialogue. Like I said there is a supernatural element but nothing like manifesting apparitions and stuff, just a little mass hallucination and time loops. Don't worry contrary to what Seafox thinks I know your tastes (as weird as they are) and wouldn't steer you wrong
Old 11-09-2018, 03:42 PM   #2251
Blu-ray Knight

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Ok, well Supernatural or any Scifi without giant-doofbot stuff is perfectly fine with me, and normal-acting teens with some witty banter and no immature chibi screaming sounds good to me too. I do prefer dialogue-heavy series as well. So, all my weirdness aside, I guess I'll have to check out some of the series over the weekend, then. I actually almost did watch it this past weekend; I paused on it and opened it up to read the description on CR, and though it might be a possibility, but then moved on.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:09 PM   #2252
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
US

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime are my favorites so far this season. Both are very engaging and I very much look forward to each episode week by week.

Goblin Slayer is good as well cause I like how D&D it is but it is not better than some of the others. Surprised how popular it is actually but I think it is just cause of how shocking some of the material is.

SSSS.Gridman I just caught up on and while I like the characters a lot and am interested in where they end up I do not care much for the mech stuff. Seems almost to Japanese and over the top. But that is Trigger though. I just find it way more cheese this time. Will still see how it ends cause I have liked most of what Trigger has done recently so I expect to like it overall in the end.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:15 AM   #2253
Expert Member

May 2010
British Columbia

Finished Harukana Receive last night. I am gonna miss those cuties until a new batch of episodes comes out. (I am assuming more are on the way).

In a media landscape that is obsessed with the Game of Thrones method, it was really refreshing to watch something that wasn't about violent, power hungry murderers for once.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:30 AM   #2254
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2015
Great White North

^^ I have yet to watch a single episode of GoT.
Which is surprising for me actually, as I very much enjoy most 'sword, sandal & sorcery' fliks.
Back around season 3 timeline, I figured I'd just wait until it was done then grab the inevitable box-set of the full series. Didn't expect it to last this long! heh.
That's still my plan though, same with "Vikings" when it ends.
I'm patient... well, usually...
And, since I now have a significant amount of anime stacked in my 'to watch' pile, I'm quite entertained at this time!
Old 11-11-2018, 03:42 PM   #2255
Blu-ray Knight

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

Welp, I'm caught up through ep 6 of Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, and am definitely liking it - now this is the kind of high school romance anime I can really get into - one of the better ones I've seen. A decent male MC - no typical Shingi MC here. Another big plus is that the female MC has long black hair, which is my absolute favorite in both anime and real life. Also realistic boobs - none of those exaggerated anime melon boobs that are so disgusting to me. heh, I have the hots for the Lab girl with glasses, too...

Thanks for the recommendation, guys!
Thanks given by:
kk1 (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 04:20 PM   #2256
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

If GWG likes it, I gotta check it out...
Thanks given by:
Girls With Guns (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 07:01 PM   #2257
Power Member

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls With Guns View Post
Welp, I'm caught up through ep 6 of Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, and am definitely liking it - now this is the kind of high school romance anime I can really get into - one of the better ones I've seen. A decent male MC - no typical Shingi MC here. Another big plus is that the female MC has long black hair, which is my absolute favorite in both anime and real life. Also realistic boobs - none of those exaggerated anime melon boobs that are so disgusting to me. heh, I have the hots for the Lab girl with glasses, too...

Thanks for the recommendation, guys!
Told ya, Futaba (the lab girl) is the focus of the next 2 episodes
Thanks given by:
Girls With Guns (11-11-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 07:27 AM   #2258
Expert Member

May 2010
British Columbia

I wish I had a Bunny Girl Senpai...

Speaking of Bunny Girls. Anyone remember Bulma as Bunny Girl? (of course you do!)

Thanks given by:
gwfb5 (11-12-2018), RavenCodex (11-13-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 08:16 AM   #2259
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
New Brunswick, Canada
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinwith26s View Post
I wish I had a Bunny Girl Senpai...

Speaking of Bunny Girls. Anyone remember Bulma as Bunny Girl? (of course you do!)

[Show spoiler]
She was also a carrot for a brief time.
Thanks given by:
rollinwith26s (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 08:48 AM   #2260
Expert Member

May 2010
British Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwfb5 View Post
She was also a carrot for a brief time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj8GZhvBECE
And that one time Buu turned her into chocolate and ate her. Hahaha.
Thanks given by:
gwfb5 (11-12-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion