Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Deer Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
£20.49

Sicario 2: Soldado (Blu-ray)
£10.00
14 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (Blu-ray)
£11.59

Spider-Man: Homecoming (Blu-ray)
£6.99
4 hrs ago
Jurassic Park Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£32.79

Sicario 2: Soldado 4K (Blu-ray)
£19.99
14 hrs ago
The Omen Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£6.99
1 hr ago
Black Panther (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
£19.79

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.59

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
£16.99

Avengers: Infinity War 4K (Blu-ray)
£18.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 11-08-2018, 07:22 PM   #9421
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2011
Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnofthediscs View Post
Ivanís Childhood AKA Ivan Detsvo (Andrey Tarkovsky, 1962)?

Released by Artificial Eye and Criterion in the UK. I don't think we need a third edition.
Thanks given by:
RossyG (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #9422

Apr 2018
Virginia, United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremildo View Post
Released by Artificial Eye and Criterion in the UK. I don't think we need a third edition.
Plus it's in Russian.

Indicator have said many times they have not and do not plan to release any foreign language films.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:09 PM   #9423
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2012
Georgia

Just Breakout for me in January. Glad to see this one coming out!
Thanks given by:
Cinema84 (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #9424

Jul 2015
FL, USA

"Last Movie" is as great to deserve a box set? I just ask, I don't know anything about the movie.

Breakout, artwork, not yet?
Old 11-08-2018, 08:25 PM   #9425
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Anytown, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatafore View Post
"Last Movie" is as great to deserve a box set? I just ask, I don't know anything about the movie.

For the longest time; it had never received an official home video release (at least in the US as far as I’m aware). Hopper was trying to materialize a release before his passing. I haven't seen the film myself but being a fan of films such as "Head", "El Topo" and "The Holy Mountain" I think I'm going to enjoy it.

Last edited by Dailyan; 11-08-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Thanks given by:
spatafore (11-09-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 11:23 PM   #9426
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnofthediscs View Post
Ivanís Childhood AKA Ivan Detsvo (Andrey Tarkovsky, 1962)?
Again, Indicator are only releasing English-language films. I've contacted John before to ask him straight up and he confirmed they're only doing English-language. As huntauk put it, that doesn't stop them from setting up a sister label one day specifically for foreign-language stuff. But it has been heavily implied they're not particularly interested in doing that (obviously most other UK labels dabble in that: Criterion, Eureka, BFI, Arrow, Second Run, Artificial Eye, Second Sight, Third Window, 88, Axiom, New Wave etc).
Old 11-08-2018, 11:32 PM   #9427
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Sheffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
I think more highly of the film, but I do agree which is why the making of/companion The American Dreamer is essential. It's disappointing that it's not included here, and I don't for one minute think that Indicator didn't try to so I wonder who is holding out with the rights.
Iím glad itís the subject of a serious release, and will preorder it. Disappointed that The American Dreamer isnít on there tho, Iíd kind of assumed it a given. Itís good to see Indicator continue to release more ďout thereĒ work too. Thisíll fit nicely alongside The Passenger and Little Murders.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:37 PM   #9428
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Sheffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailyan View Post
For the longest time; it had never received an official home video release (at least in the US as far as Iím aware). Hopper was trying to materialize a release before his passing. I haven't seen the film myself but being a fan of films such as "Head", "El Topo" and "The Holy Mountain" I think I'm going to enjoy it.
Head is a real favourite of the era of mine, but this is a different beast entirely. It makes for a neat companion piece to Fondaís The Hired Hand (a film I also struggled with), especially in so much as both films would be made in the wake of the pair working together on Easy Rider. Itís a lot more meandering than the work of Jodorowsky or Head.
Thanks given by:
Dailyan (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 11:40 PM   #9429
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatafore View Post

Yes, so great that I'm buying the U.S. Arbelos bundle release, this release, the upcoming vinyl release, the upcoming book, and anything else. Hopper was the man.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:59 PM   #9430
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamhopelies View Post
Iím glad itís the subject of a serious release, and will preorder it. Disappointed that The American Dreamer isnít on there tho, Iíd kind of assumed it a given
Same here. Apparently MUBI gave it an extremely limited theatrical release a few years ago but I can't see any evidence of any home video rights...bizarre.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:04 AM   #9431

Jun 2018

Vinegar syndrome released American Dreamer. Region free too.
Thanks given by:
Fnord Prefect (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 12:14 AM   #9432
Power Member

Nov 2012

Glad to see Francis Ford Coppola getting some attention from Indicator. While Gardens of Stone is not my favorite Coppola film I am a Coppola completist and welcome the upgrade. Perhaps Indicator will put Peggy Sue Got Married and The Cotton Club on bluray as well. I would also like to see the six-hour epic he made with the students of a film-school get a hard-media release.

Are there any developments on Hammer Films volume 4 ?
Thanks given by:
Firefly2193 (11-09-2018), HitchcockLang (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 12:37 AM   #9433
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Noticed Shout are releasing Used Cars again in February...not one Indicator would be interested in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard--W View Post
Glad to see Francis Ford Coppola getting some attention from Indicator. While Gardens of Stone is not my favorite Coppola film I am a Coppola completist and welcome the upgrade. Perhaps Indicator will put Peggy Sue Got Married and The Cotton Club on bluray as well. I would also like to see the six-hour epic he made with the students of a film-school get a hard-media release.

Are there any developments on Hammer Films volume 4 ?
The Cotton Club may still be with StudioCanal, but Peggy Sue Got Married is definitely a Columbia title. I asked Indicator about it a few times but they didn't say they had it...things could've changed though as that was well over a year ago.
Thanks given by:
KJones77 (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 02:50 AM   #9434
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2015
Rhondda United kingdom
Sony Pictures

What a bang on start to 2019 .. Just take my money already ..RPM looks the business

Old 11-09-2018, 03:53 AM   #9435

Oct 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldenCarver View Post
It's not COME AND SEE. Chevrons on the sleeve like that are probably British army - on an American uniform they wear them pointing up.
Come and See is Russian, not American (if that's what you were suggesting.)
Old 11-09-2018, 04:02 AM   #9436

Oct 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamhopelies View Post
Head is a real favourite of the era of mine, but this is a different beast entirely. It makes for a neat companion piece to Fondaís The Hired Hand (a film I also struggled with), especially in so much as both films would be made in the wake of the pair working together on Easy Rider. Itís a lot more meandering than the work of Jodorowsky or Head.
I agree with all of this, and would add another comparison-- to Monte Hellman's work. Last Movie is one of the better films ever made about making a film, and I think is somewhat prescient when you consider Hopper's later involvement with Apocalypse Now and its troubled production.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:18 AM   #9437

May 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreemingskulll View Post
Come and See is Russian, not American (if that's what you were suggesting.)
Sorry, I was unclear. I was flat out saying they weren't Russian, and then explaining why I believed the picture to depict a film involving the British rather than Americans.

I admit the phrasing was unclear and I should've used an extra sentence saying that instead of using a hyphen.

(I'm very aware COME AND SEE is Russian, as I was lucky enough to get my hands on a DVD copy some years ago.)
Old 11-09-2018, 09:36 AM   #9438
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacenoid1 View Post
Vinegar syndrome released American Dreamer. Region free too.
Indeed, and I recommend everyone who is going to purchase The Last Movie pick it up as a companion piece though it is a shame that it wasn't more easily available on these shores.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:28 PM   #9439

May 2017
UK

Great to hear they're releasing The Last Movie. I better not sleep on that one, only 3000 copies
Old 11-09-2018, 06:46 PM   #9440
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Sheffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Parallel Universe View Post
What a bang on start to 2019 .. Just take my money already ..RPM looks the business

Iím eager to see RPM. The concept of a director as deeply uncool as Kramer tackling the student protests of Ď68 fills me with equal parts dread and curiosity.
Thanks given by:
Si Parallel Universe (11-09-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland