Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$9.81

No Game, No Life Zero (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Miller's Crossing (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Avengers: Infinity War 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.34

Seven Heavenly Virtues: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Persona 4 The Animation: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$22.99
12 hrs ago
The Glenn Miller Story (Blu-ray)
$15.57

Isle of Dogs (Blu-ray)
$13.96

The Blood Island Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
20 hrs ago
Bohemian Rhapsody (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Smallfoot (Blu-ray)
$22.95

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch (Blu-ray)
$22.99
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Black Friday Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 11-09-2018, 01:40 AM   #81
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Dunlap, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSims View Post
No Free Shipping like BB & Target and not likely Store Pick Up, different upc's will be at the lower price than the web site.
They had Free Shipping to store for pickup last year.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:41 AM   #82
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Deckard View Post
Well Wal-Mart has a Vizio and Samsung 4K tv in the black Friday ad I was looking at. I'm not talking about those shitty Hisense and Sharp brands lol. Everybody and their mama knows they suck lol.
Sorry, I thought you were referring to Walmart's usual cheapies like Westinghouse, Insignia.

The TV sets in the ad seem alright, but it's best to avoid dumb down models in general as they can be pretty terrible.

It's not about fewer ports or mediocre sound quality, that can be easily remedied.

Major flaws occur while cutting down on specs which affects picture production.

... so one would just end up with a diluted 4K experience.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:32 AM   #83

Nov 2017
City of Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticwaterfall View Post
They never do, but it always leaks prior anyway.
Any clue when they'll drop? I remember last year they were on the spreadsheet, but I don't know when it was added.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:54 AM   #84
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2015
Dream within a dream
-
-
-
-
-

There are quite a bit of articles online which they explain the reasons why you should always avoid buying any TVs that are on sale specifically for Black Friday. Main reason is that they are "watered" down versions made specifically for the event itself. So if you're looking for a great 4K TV, avoid the models made specifically for Black Friday.
Thanks given by:
Dick Deckard (11-09-2018), shrex (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 03:01 AM   #85
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Dunlap, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas_King View Post
Omfg!

4K’s $8.96 Each

- JW: Fallen Kingdom
- Rampage
- Greatest Showman
- Deadpool 2
- Hotel Transylvania 3
- Wonder Woman
- John Wick: Chapter 2

That's just the ones shown!
Old 11-09-2018, 03:57 AM   #86
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

They are giving out cookies at 4 pm.

I love cookies!
Thanks given by:
AlisonTroy (11-09-2018), cemetaryrider89 (11-09-2018), Dustin44 (11-09-2018), filmo70 (11-09-2018), Jennifer Lawrence Fan (11-10-2018), jmp1293 (11-11-2018), Monterey Jack (11-09-2018), murakaz (11-09-2018), wozman (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 08:50 AM   #87
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmbuffTX View Post
Yep, if you care about slips it’s always good to check the normal media racks for the same movies on promo. Assuming they have the same SKU. That goes for Best Buy, Target, etc. too. I’ve gotten a lot of promo movies with slips that way. Especially when you go to the store early and they haven’t “unwrapped” the shippers, but the prices are live in the system.
That's what I did last Thanksgiving. Walked in, got all my movies with slips, scanned them to be sure, and went to checkout. In an out. And literally no traffic anywhere in the city. Hopefully it's the same this year.
Thanks given by:
seanbldvlfn24 (11-12-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 12:22 PM   #88
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Oswego, IL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Deckard View Post
I really want a 4K TV with HDR at least 50 inches. Does anyone think these Wal-Mart brands are worth a damn? I bought a Black Friday Wal-Mart tv a few years ago and it sucks.
Can't speak for what the Walmart brands are like now, but I bought an ILO brand dvd recorder from them years ago (believe that was a Walmart brand) and boy was that a piece of junk. Wasted so many discs on that one. You think it worked then to find out at the last second that it wouldn't finalize the disc.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:11 PM   #89

Jan 2018
Niagara Falls (ish), USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmbuffTX View Post
Yep, if you care about slips it’s always good to check the normal media racks for the same movies on promo. Assuming they have the same SKU. That goes for Best Buy, Target, etc. too. I’ve gotten a lot of promo movies with slips that way. Especially when you go to the store early and they haven’t “unwrapped” the shippers, but the prices are live in the system.
If there's no promo sticker, couldn't you just buy them earlier in the week to make sure you get the movies you want with slipcovers and then just get them price matched to the lower prices? Or won't they do that for Black Friday deals?
Old 11-09-2018, 01:41 PM   #90
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelmouse View Post
If there's no promo sticker, couldn't you just buy them earlier in the week to make sure you get the movies you want with slipcovers and then just get them price matched to the lower prices? Or won't they do that for Black Friday deals?
They won't do that. Otherwise, everyone would be doing it. If you want the deals, you have to be there on Black Friday like everyone else or hope you can order them online.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #91
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Not too bad. This one and the Best Buy ad pretty much have me covered for the holidays. Target really dropped the ball.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #92

Jan 2018
Niagara Falls (ish), USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloenator View Post
They won't do that. Otherwise, everyone would be doing it. If you want the deals, you have to be there on Black Friday like everyone else or hope you can order them online.
Are you sure about this? Kinda seems like they would have to, as long as you went at some point on Black Friday (or whenever the deal is good for). If nothing more, just return it and buy it again, as long as you keep it sealed. It's an annoyance, but at least you could ensure they would have the movies you intend to buy and hopefully a better chance at a slipcover.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:52 PM   #93
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

For one thing, many Walmarts dont price match at all anymore. For another thing, it's in most stores that do price match policies (Best Buy, Target, et al) that they wont price match or price adjust to a black Friday price.

The only way to do it "early" at WM is to go on Thursday during the day pre-event and see if they scan for the sale prices like they did last year.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:53 PM   #94
Expert Member

Nov 2009
Florida, USA
Send a message via MSN to myaddow

Quote:
Are you sure about this? Kinda seems like they would have to, as long as you went at some point on Black Friday (or whenever the deal is good for). If nothing more, just return it and buy it again, as long as you keep it sealed. It's an annoyance, but at least you could ensure they would have the movies you intend to buy and hopefully a better chance at a slipcover.
I tried that once and was told that if it doesn’t have the promo sticker, the sale price doesn’t apply.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:59 PM   #95
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Michigan

Quote:
None of the big 3 (WM, BB, Target) price matches or does price adjustments during Black Friday sales.

However, as I’m sure has already been pointed out somewhere in this thread, Walmart BF prices go live late morning/early afternoon on Thanksgiving. If a BF sale item is sitting on the shelf when the BF prices go live, you can just buy it normally but at the BF price.

Last year, just like this year, WM had iPads on sale for BF for $250. I bought 3 of them at around noon on Thanksgiving after the BF prices when live. Who knows how many poor souls were waiting in long lines at the electronics counter to get the same deal it took me a few minutes to get.

I’ve done the same thing in previous years with movies, video games, and other stuff.
Thanks given by:
seanbldvlfn24 (11-12-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #96
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by myaddow View Post
I tried that once and was told that if it doesn’t have the promo sticker, the sale price doesn’t apply.
Not always true. I think it depends on the movie and whether it has a different UPC sticker on the back. Some promo copies have UPC stickers over the original UPC. I do remember grabbing a copy of Mad Max: Fury Road 3D off the shelf a few years back and it rung up at the $9.96 Black Friday price.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:19 PM   #97
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
Madison, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluRayBandito View Post
Any clue when they'll drop? I remember last year they were on the spreadsheet, but I don't know when it was added.
When shippers hit the floors, Wednesday, sometimes people post pics of them. Same with Target.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #98
Power Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Most, if not all of the major retailers refuse to price match during Black Friday, to prevent this.

Also, Walmart in particular has different UPC stickers on most of their BF movies, so they don't ring up the same as copies on the shelves in electronics. This doesn't apply to every title, but it does apply to most. Disney is usually one of the exceptions.

Best Buy and Target don't do the different UPC thing. You can grab any copy off the shelf and it will ring at the BF price.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:06 PM   #99
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingbilly10 View Post
Finding dory was $10 a month after it was out for Black Friday in 2016
It will only be about 3 weeks from Incredibles 2 release date to BF.

Edit: I just read in a post Finding Dory also was released less than 3 weeks to BF.

maybe will be a "surprise" deal but as another post wrote, no digital-Walmart exclusive version.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:23 PM   #100
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50strat54 View Post
It will only be about 3 weeks from Incredibles 2 release date to BF.

Edit: I just read in a post Finding Dory also was released less than 3 weeks to BF.

maybe will be a "surprise" deal but as another post wrote, no digital-Walmart exclusive version.
I hope so, but different calibre flicks here.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Black Friday Deals > Movie and TV Deals