Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Parks and Recreation: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$74.99
14 hrs ago
The Umbrella Academy: Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Band of Brothers + The Pacific (Blu-ray)
$37.99
18 hrs ago
Grisaia: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Infinite Dendrogram: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$65.37

I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
$39.79
1 hr ago
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Chihayafuru: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$59.99
20 hrs ago
Knights of Sidonia: Complete Series Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 05-15-2021, 03:13 PM   #141
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudBaxter View Post
Was there a reason in episode 2 our heroes didn't just take the family on their own ship to escape the planet?

There didn't seem to be any point in going through the whole 'get our ship captured, make fake passports, etc' shenanigans when they could have easily given them a lift.

It would have been a short episode, sure, but would have made a lot more sense...
Now that they have their own chain codes, they can move about freely on their own, at least as long as no one recognizes him.
Old 05-16-2021, 01:40 AM   #142
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

The first episode was a really good start to the series but I don't know about the second and third. The third episode just felt like there was no continuity, the way it kept jumping back and forth between Kamino/Empire and the renegade clones. Just didn't feel like there was any structure to the episode. With Rebels, it felt more organic. But, it just felt like there was no structure to this episode.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:15 PM   #143
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
The first episode was a really good start to the series but I don't know about the second and third. The third episode just felt like there was no continuity, the way it kept jumping back and forth between Kamino/Empire and the renegade clones. Just didn't feel like there was any structure to the episode. With Rebels, it felt more organic. But, it just felt like there was no structure to this episode.
They should either focus on Crossfire and his troops or troop 99 and not jump back and forth.
Old 05-16-2021, 03:43 PM   #144
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Meanwhile, for those of us who somehow manage to handle episodes with several story threads and locations…this was a pretty good episode, things moving along nicely.
Thanks given by:
DJMcNiff (05-16-2021), Joey9775 (Yesterday), Rodney-2187 (05-16-2021), tcripe (Yesterday)
Old 05-16-2021, 05:03 PM   #145
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2018
Wisconsin, USA

I actually get more annoyed if shows dedicate an entire episode to one part of a plotline as opposed to jumping between them in one.
Thanks given by:
Rodney-2187 (05-16-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 07:18 PM   #146
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2014

The latter episodes of The Clone Wars season 7 and the first episodes of The Bad Batch have a very cinematic feel to me. I’d love to see a new Star Wars animated movie in the theater.
Thanks given by:
Kinard717 (Yesterday)
Old 05-16-2021, 07:56 PM   #147
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney-2187 View Post
The latter episodes of The Clone Wars season 7 and the first episodes of The Bad Batch have a very cinematic feel to me. I壇 love to see a new Star Wars animated movie in the theater.
I haven't been in theaters ever since Godzilla: King of the Monsters. It's doubtful I'll be going anytime soon. I'm just worried about catching that virus.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:34 PM   #148
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2014

Quote:
I haven't been in theaters ever since Godzilla: King of the Monsters. It's doubtful I'll be going anytime soon. I'm just worried about catching that virus.
I知 fully vaccinated, but I still wear masks and avoid crowds. I知 sure I値l be back in a theater one day though.
Thanks given by:
kemcha (05-16-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 10:31 PM   #149
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney-2187 View Post
I知 fully vaccinated, but I still wear masks and avoid crowds. I知 sure I値l be back in a theater one day though.
Well, I haven't gotten the vaccine yet. It's just I'm not convinced it's safe with how the media has been portraying the deaths and blood clots caused by them. With my age and my health problems, my sister is worried something could happen to me if I got the vaccine. She's been pleading with me to wait until more testing is done before getting it. I'm of the age where it could seriously jeopardize my health if something had a negative reaction. I'm the oldest of us three so she's worried for me.

But, I have went back and started watching "The Clone Wars" from the first season and while it's not bad, it's the animation style that's off putting. Just finished the second episode and they should have the first half of season one of The Bad Batch completed by the time I make it through the seventh season. I do binge watch. But, I might watch through a dozen episodes per day of a single series before taking a break for the day.
Thanks given by:
Kinard717 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM   #150
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Montana

Quote:
Well, I haven't gotten the vaccine yet. It's just I'm not convinced it's safe with how the media has been portraying the deaths and blood clots caused by them. With my age and my health problems, my sister is worried something could happen to me if I got the vaccine. She's been pleading with me to wait until more testing is done before getting it. I'm of the age where it could seriously jeopardize my health if something had a negative reaction. I'm the oldest of us three so she's worried for me.

But, I have went back and started watching "The Clone Wars" from the first season and while it's not bad, it's the animation style that's off putting. Just finished the second episode and they should have the first half of season one of The Bad Batch completed by the time I make it through the seventh season. I do binge watch. But, I might watch through a dozen episodes per day of a single series before taking a break for the day.
I'm pretty sure you have a better chance of being struck by lightning than getting a blood clot from the vaccine. Still the Moderna and Pfizer seem to be less of a risk for clotting. Plus if you have health problems then actually getting the virus would probably be far more devastating.
Thanks given by:
kemcha (Today), mysticwaterfall (Today), Rodney-2187 (Yesterday)
Old Today, 12:41 AM   #151
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by terp_fan99 View Post
I'm pretty sure you have a better chance of being struck by lightning than getting a blood clot from the vaccine. Still the Moderna and Pfizer seem to be less of a risk for clotting. Plus if you have health problems then actually getting the virus would probably be far more devastating.
Thing is, you could be right. But, I'm almost 55 and I have a lot of health problems and my baby sister keeps insisting that I hold off. She works in nursing care facilities and she's a CNA and has had older patients die from taking that vaccine.

Apologies, I didn't mean to go off on this tangent. I've actually been getting a better at posting here and not sink into "kemcha-ism" territory. Sometimes, it's a hard habit to break but I'm learning.

Far as the Bad Batch goes, I'm hearing that the "finale" was talked about by the "Kiner Brothers Music", whom I assume are the guys working on the soundtrack for the series. Not giving away any spoilers but that the "finale" (have no clue if they were talking about the season finale or series finale) that it would be an emotional ride.

I don't know whether to believe it, but it does leave some wild fan theories about the ending. What I think could happen? If the series is renewed for a second season, it's possible that "Omega" could die. Well, that's my theory at least. I don't see too many fans crying if Clone Force 99 dies. I linked to the video that talked about the Kiner Brethers.

I just look at The Bad Batch as the 8th season of Clone Wars, since it follows the events of The Clone Wars.

Old Today, 01:47 AM   #152
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2018
Wisconsin, USA

I saw their tweet, they never specified what kind of finale. I can only assume the finale for this season at least. They were apparently crying about working on a specific cue for it. Which means we should be scared
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows