Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
NBA 2K19 (PS4)
$39.88

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PS4)
$19.99

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 (PS4)
$29.99

Far Cry 5 (PS4)
$29.99
57 min ago
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
$69.99

Madden NFL 19 (PS4)
$39.99

Yakuza 6: The Song Of Life (PS4)
$36.27

FIFA 17 (PS4)
$14.93

Destiny 2: Forsaken (PS4)
$39.97

Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition (PS4)
$14.88
2 hrs ago
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes Of An Elusive Age (PS4)
$49.89

Shenmue I & II (PS4)
$23.22

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 09-10-2018, 06:22 AM   #181
Special Member

Jul 2009
ʞ∩ ǝɥ┴ ©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamorg View Post
The accent, not so much the campness, really reminds me of Franco Nero dubbing himself in English which gives me extra smiles.

Other than Sylvando though the voice acting in this game is atrocious, some of the worst I have ever heard in fact. It is like they by accident shipped the game with a parody dub rather than the real one.
Lol I love the voice acting! Done by Side UK, who also did Ni No Kuni II, DQ VII and DQ Heroes I and II. It almost reminds me of an Ealing comedy or old Carry On film.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:03 PM   #182
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Being easy is not Dragon Quest's problem, the problem is the artificial difficulty it uses for bosses battles to make up for the lack of actual challenge. I just defeated
[Show spoiler]Arachtagon
and it wasn't hard but it just had basically a loop of three moves which all did nothing but incapacitate you and draw the fight out making it seem a lot harder than it actually was. I am really happy this fight is behind me.

Last edited by Pizzamorg; 09-10-2018 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:07 PM   #183
Special Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Other than Sylvando though the voice acting in this game is atrocious, some of the worst I have ever heard in fact. It is like they by accident shipped the game with a parody dub rather than the real one.
I think it is just Serena and Veronica that are the problem for me. Erick, Sly, Rab, and Jade are perfect to me. Those sisters just get annoying after a time. I know that Veronica is supposed to be like that, but Serena just grates on me.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:12 PM   #184
Special Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Being easy is not Dragon Quest's problem, the problem is the artificial difficulty it uses for bosses battles to make up for the lack of actual challenge. I just defeated
[Show spoiler]Arachtagon
and it wasn't hard but it just had basically a loop of three moves which all did nothing but incapacitate you and draw the fight out making it seem a lot harder than it actually was. I am really happy this fight is behind me.
I don't really find this game that difficult at all, even the boss fights. I think that I have had to heal maybe on four occasions during a fight. That fight in particular was pretty easy for me at that point as I had upgraded all my weapons and way out leveled the area by the time that I started that storyline.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #185
Special Member

Jan 2013

Well, I am 35 hours into the game now and I am completely hooked! I just got the entire party now, and swapped out Erik for Jade, so my party is Hero, Jade, Veronica, and Serena. I thought about swapping out Serena for Rab, but for now her stats are a little bit better than his.

[Show spoiler]I have just finished the long Mermaid quest and ready to go under water! Man that quest was long and the boss fight was the toughest fight I have had yet!
Old 09-10-2018, 03:22 PM   #186
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobolisdead View Post
I don't really find this game that difficult at all, even the boss fights. I think that I have had to heal maybe on four occasions during a fight. That fight in particular was pretty easy for me at that point as I had upgraded all my weapons and way out leveled the area by the time that I started that storyline.
Like I say it wasn't difficult, not even really cheap, just artificial. Even with all the grinding in the world I couldn't have done anything about all of its hindrance abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobolisdead View Post
I think it is just Serena and Veronica that are the problem for me. Erick, Sly, Rab, and Jade are perfect to me. Those sisters just get annoying after a time. I know that Veronica is supposed to be like that, but Serena just grates on me.
Rab's angry old Scottish man routine is admittedly pretty fun. I still don't agree with the praise of the dub on the whole though, I find it truly abhorrent for the most part.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:12 PM   #187

Apr 2011

Is anyone trying the Draconian Quest settings? Thought about turning on the difficulty one to make the battles a bit more challenging, but wondering if that actually makes a difference to the combat.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:05 PM   #188
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Damn I am just over seventeen hours in and have come across my first genuinely hard moment,
[Show spoiler]Tentacular
. This thing ****s me up, he is allowed three multi hits in before you get your turn and I am half dead by the time it is over. I grinded everyone to between 20 and 25 and that still wasn't enough so I am gonna grind people up even further and try different combos of heroes. Currently I'm using
[Show spoiler]Rab on healing. Sylvando on mix it up. Jade on fight wisely. Only issue with this and I guess it is a stat thing or something but while Rab has the better healing spells between him and Serena it seems like Serena could get in a lot more spells than he can
. I've been using the
[Show spoiler]Green Dragons at the Ruins
to farm of XP, don't know of anything else better than these right now. Especially when the Metal Slimes show up.
Thanks given by:
Cobolisdead (09-11-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 08:24 PM   #189
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

My first difficult fight was the (being general as to not get into spoilers) desert boss fight. It was going fine until the boss got two consecutive hits in the same round (maybe the 3rd round) on
[Show spoiler]Veronica
and I had no life items on any characters. I was still getting by until he confused and blinded
[Show spoiler]Serena
. Because of this I couldn't get confuse or blind off the Hero or
[Show spoiler]Erik until Sylvando
would slap them (still leaving them with Blind). I was down to
[Show spoiler]Sylvando
and his randomness and
[Show spoiler]Serena
. I had gotten the wind spell prior to this fight and was under the impression it was a multi target attack and wouldn't do much. One cast, 38 dmg and the boss went down.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:34 PM   #190
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
My first difficult fight was the (being general as to not get into spoilers) desert boss fight. It was going fine until the boss got two consecutive hits in the same round (maybe the 3rd round) on
[Show spoiler]Veronica
and I had no life items on any characters. I was still getting by until he confused and blinded
[Show spoiler]Serena
. Because of this I couldn't get confuse or blind off the Hero or
[Show spoiler]Erik until Sylvando
would slap them (still leaving them with Blind). I was down to
[Show spoiler]Sylvando
and his randomness and
[Show spoiler]Serena
. I had gotten the wind spell prior to this fight and was under the impression it was a multi target attack and wouldn't do much. One cast, 38 dmg and the boss went down.
See for the poster above there, this is a great example of what I meant above about this games artificial difficulty in the place of genuine challenge.

I think the first boss that really gave me trouble was
[Show spoiler]Jasper
but after a short grind session of a level or two I had him beat. This latest boss though, I've tried it three times and got my ass kicked each and every time.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:48 PM   #191
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81

im 10 to 11 hours in and I just got Serena and Veronica in my group
Old 09-11-2018, 01:28 PM   #192
Special Member

Jan 2013

I got a few more hours into the game last night. Finally crafted my Drusilian armor set after I hunted down some platinum ore. I also
[Show spoiler] fought a demon Mural boss to finally get the magic key! Can't wait to go treasure hunting with that now!

Quote:
Damn I am just over seventeen hours in and have come across my first genuinely hard moment,
[Show spoiler]Tentacular
. This thing ****s me up, he is allowed three multi hits in before you get your turn and I am half dead by the time it is over. I grinded everyone to between 20 and 25 and that still wasn't enough so I am gonna grind people up even further and try different combos of heroes. Currently I'm using
[Show spoiler]Rab on healing. Sylvando on mix it up. Jade on fight wisely. Only issue with this and I guess it is a stat thing or something but while Rab has the better healing spells between him and Serena it seems like Serena could get in a lot more spells than he can
. I've been using the
[Show spoiler]Green Dragons at the Ruins
to farm of XP, don't know of anything else better than these right now. Especially when the Metal Slimes show up.
I think that I was a few more hours into the game when I got to that point. I would suggest leveling up a little more and make sure that you have the best equipment on everyone.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:47 PM   #193
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

About 20 hours in now and just picked up Rab and Jade.
Still loving every moment of this game too.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:23 AM   #194
Special Member

Jul 2009
ʞ∩ ǝɥ┴ ©

Got the Plat, and itís one of my most worthwhile plats to date. 😊

I love the fact that getting that shiny trophy requires you to see and do almost everything the game has to offer.

What a ride!!
Thanks given by:
blahsi (09-19-2018), Cobolisdead (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 01:29 AM   #195
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Put in about fifteen hours over the last two days, now around 35 hours in. I am in I guess what you would call act two? I didn't know there was an
[Show spoiler]extra party member to collect
but it is welcome. Once I developed the
[Show spoiler]axe and shield trees
they became really useful and I like their humour a lot. This game really is like playing one big anime epic as you go through various mini arcs on your adventure as the villains continuously escalate and your heroes get their shounen upgrades to follow along that sliding scale.

I really only have four complaints with the game at this stage. One - the voice acting. Two - the artificial bullshit in boss fights to make up for a lack of genuine challenge. Three - the ludicrous load times. Four - the crap map system. "Go to this place". Okay... I get that exploration is a part of this game, but can you not at least point me in the right direction or have the game at least flow organically? The loading times are so bad it really puts me off from trialling and erroring, I'd like to at least know I am going in the right direction or have some vague idea as to what the **** I am meant to be doing.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:49 AM   #196
Special Member

Nov 2013
O Fallon, Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahsi View Post
Is anyone trying the Draconian Quest settings? Thought about turning on the difficulty one to make the battles a bit more challenging, but wondering if that actually makes a difference to the combat.
I have been playing on hard mode super monster and the difficulty is insane I spent like 6 hours or more on 2 boss fights the sand monster and jester... finally got him down today after half a Sunday lol.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:14 PM   #197
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissedOffPeoN View Post
I have been playing on hard mode super monster and the difficulty is insane I spent like 6 hours or more on 2 boss fights the sand monster and jester... finally got him down today after half a Sunday lol.
Each to their own, but how is that enjoyable?
Thanks given by:
blahsi (09-18-2018), Flack999 (09-19-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 04:15 PM   #198
Special Member

Jan 2013

I got to Act 2 myself last night. I finally got my butt kicked when I went into a zone with two characters and a helper. got my but kicked hard by two big monsters and a support monster. Fortunately, I only lost one fight's worth of progress.

[Show spoiler] I just got to the point where the surprise Hero has joined up. We went and got Sly back and that is where I saved it last night around 10:30 when I made myself go to bed. We are about to go to the mountain to check on what is happening out there. I did wish that I had a full party to go up there with instead of just the three of us.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:57 PM   #199
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Act 2 has kinda been the best and worst parts of the game for me so far. The game was already an absolute ****ing nightmare to navigate anyway without it suddenly removing all of my fast track markers and making me start again. I guess in like six months time when there are detailed walkthroughs this might not all be so bad but right now the map is absolutely ****ing useless, the complete lack of clear markers for quests is horrendous and Google will often come back with diddly-squat if you look anything up. I have to make my own ****ing notes just to try and keep on top of the various side quests you get and side quests really are vital in keeping you geared up ahead of the games difficulty curve so you don't get caught out by the bosses but the fact I have to make my own notes because the quest system is non existent in a management sense in game is so much faff I lose all motivation.

On the flip though I much prefer the darker, more serious, tone of the second half of the game and I like that we are now getting a deeper look at the characters. It hasn't turned into a masterpiece or anything but this portion of the game made me realise how tedious so much of the first fifteen to twenty hours of this game actually was.

I like how everyone is now powered up and the game gives you a second chance to reexplore characters, I never really had much use for Erik, for example but that is because I focused on dual wielding knives which turned out to be mostly pretty useless. Now I am exploring him down the Boomerang Tree and am finding I am getting much more mileage out of him. I am now seemingly always more financially stable too which gives me the opportunity to unlock better gear and so in general I am finding I am enjoying the combat more than I have done in dozens of hours.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:26 PM   #200
Special Member

Nov 2013
O Fallon, Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticMutation View Post
Each to their own, but how is that enjoyable?
I just had to grind a few levels and get better gear and it was all fine. I just tried to hard to beat with what i had and the damage was too much. I also like challenges like in dark souls or monster hunter world. It makes me work around the problem and figure out the bosses strategy and i also heard the easy mode was too easy so i went in blind on hard monster mode.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4