Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$23.93

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U)
$19.93

Hello Kitty Kruisers (Wii U)
$49.99

Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
$19.47

Splatoon (Wii U)
$50.06

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo

Old 10-02-2017, 04:18 PM   #41
Special Member

Feb 2011

What are the odds of getting a Game Boy Color Classic? That would be sick with 30 games or something, I'd absolutely buy it. I suppose it's a little more complicated with the display.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #42
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Well, I will counter your prediction with one of my own.

What if the next Mini Classic is going to be the GB/GBC or GBA? Imagine the library they could get on that!
well it Looks like nintendo have trademarks for game boy classic according to various news sites.

I think it's the logical next step especially with the 30th anniversary of the gameboy next year.

Question is how do they implement it? Keep it as a handheld with a screen? include hdmi for tv output? How would you control it if it did have a tv mode?
Old 10-21-2017, 12:29 AM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Quote:
well it Looks like nintendo have trademarks for game boy classic according to various news sites.

I think it's the logical next step especially with the 30th anniversary of the gameboy next year.

Question is how do they implement it? Keep it as a handheld with a screen? include hdmi for tv output? How would you control it if it did have a tv mode?
They could go either way...just keep it portable with a better screen so you don't get that screen smearing and add HDMI with a 9 foot cable lol.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:19 AM   #44
Banned

Feb 2015

Quote:

Jeremy Parish at Retronauts had an idea where the main unit would be handheld, but it would have a dock that you could attach it to for TV output/Super Game Boy features. Basically a Switch, but with Game Boy games.

Not sure how you'd control it in TV mode; the dock would most likely have the Wii-style connectors that the NES and SNES mini use, because I don't see Nintendo adopting wireless controllers on these budget machines anytime soon. I'd also be curious to see how they handle multiplayer and trading Pokemon. I don't think they'd go back to the link cable, but I also don't see them putting in wireless communication in a budget device.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #45

Jun 2014
USA

Found this thread and I like the predictions. Too bad the N64 didn't happen this December. I was also hoping for a Mini N64, but I also predicted that with Nintendo wanting their Switch to do everything and anything old, why not put the N64 games onto the online platform. SNES games are going there soon, so why not N64, Gameboy and the rest. I'd rather they made it to where we can pay a flat fee, like $7.99 like the Arcade Classics does. I love all games. I still play Mario Bro, Donkey Kong and would love to see Tapper. Keep adding the actual arcade ports and we will purchase it all eventually. Let us port it over to any Nintendo console in the future and you will keep us all happy and continue to buy more without worrying about whether it will disappear from the system. Treat it like Steam does. Once bought it's yours. As long as you have that Nintendo account. Here's to something happening and glad Nintendo has made a comeback. They needed a win and I also think they make indestructible stuff. Drop any of their old consoles compared to Playstation or other rivals and watch them still play. The Gamecube was especially resilient. Later guys.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo