Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
10 Cloverfield Lane 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.93
6 hrs ago
A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$9.81

Avengers: Infinity War 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.34

Seven Heavenly Virtues: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Miller's Crossing (Blu-ray)
$5.99

The Blood Island Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Isle of Dogs (Blu-ray)
$13.96

Smallfoot (Blu-ray)
$22.95

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.96

The Glenn Miller Story (Blu-ray)
$15.57

Doctor Who: The Complete Eleventh Series (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Bohemian Rhapsody (Blu-ray)
$19.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 11-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestMan View Post
Another problem with the seats i forgot to mention....

There is no option to put the recliner up without putting the seat back. At home, I like sitting upright with an ottoman for my feet. It seems stupid to install really expensive chairs with a lot of leg room, without this option....

The chair doesn't feel comfortable sitting in it upright.

I'm going to start travelling to other theaters without this seating. They ruined a good thing.
Some theaters use a four button system for the recliners so you can move the legs and back independently, but true that many theaters are just based on moving both at the same time. The trays are also a theater by theater thing, personally I'm not really a fan of them, but find them pretty easy to ignore as well.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:48 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsever View Post
I surf the internet in bed at home. Either laying on my back, or laying on my stomach/side. Wireless keyboard + wireless mouse + computer hooked up to 55" TV.

Sitting up sucks.

Are you obese?

I'll admit, the first time I used the recliners - I didn't know how the hell to work them. Once i figured it out it was fine.

My ArcLight Theaters does not have recliners, but the seats are big and it's seated like an amphitheater, so no one in front can obstruct your view.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:18 PM   #43

Jul 2011
USA

Love the recliners but they are too comfortable. My theater just installed them and they are heated. While watching the previews, I almost fell asleep they were so comfortable. There were no tables though. I think those are just at theaters that have the restaurant inside that you can order food while watching a movie.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:46 PM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Are you obese?
I mean, I'm definitely a bit chubby, but I wouldn't go as far as to say obese.

I still walk & carry my clubs once a week. Skateboard. Ride my bike. I'm pretty active.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:04 PM   #45
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2014
Orlando, FL

This thread could use a poll. Like new seats? Yes/No
Old 11-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #46
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsever View Post
I literally think everyone that sits in a recliner seat and doesn't recline at all is going to shoot up the theater. It makes me so anxious. Who in their right mind finds sitting up more comfortable?!
And here I thought I was the only paranoid one. If I see someone by themselves come in and sit down and not recline or remove their jacket I wonder wtf is up with them. If they got food or something I don’t think as much of it, but loner just sitting there....lol that’s a terrible way to think tho.
Thanks given by:
jacobsever (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 08:52 PM   #47
Special Member

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobipopcorn View Post
Table? What kind of sorcery is this...? We don't have no stinkin tables...
They are there to place your laptop on in case your cell phone isn't already giving off a beacon of light.

As I like to see certain movies upon release date, it bugs me endlessly that I can only watch it at a local theatre. Where I have to sit through 30 minutes of godawful commercials and trailers and sometimes have to do a 'George Costanza' with all these dumb MFs who can't switch off their phone for 90 fricking minutes because they have to app their friend/relative/lover how they hate the movie or can't make out what's happening in it, when the people on the receiving end clearly are the lucky ones not having to sit in the actual theatre with such idiots.

I can't wait to see Suspiria with a noob crowd. The joys of cinema.

P.S. I remember they used the Buddy Rich tapes for the above rant, love it!

Last edited by Bumblefeet; 11-11-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:52 PM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Pittsburgh

I generally like these seats, but it's true that there is no comfortable way to sit in them without reclining.

When I saw Venom, I was in this type of theater and there was a giant wall in front of me, almost like a balcony, to block out the row below me. Not only did it do that, it also blocked part of the bottom of the screen, depending on how reclined you were. That was really annoying. It also kind of sucks that movies sell out so quickly in those theaters.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:14 PM   #49
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Denver, CO

I think another issue for me, is that I'm so short/my legs are so short...my feet don't touch the ground in the recliner seats. So if I don't recline, I'm sitting there very awkwardly and uncomfortably. I can't cross my legs. I can't plant the soles of my shoes on the ground. I'd have to basically sit cross legged or with my legs folded under me.

So if the seats recline, I recline 100% of the time. Not fully laying flat, but a comfortable amount of lean.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:50 PM   #50
Expert Member

May 2016
San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
my biggest problem with the recliners is now people seem to think they curling up on their couch at home. I frequently see people bring in blankets, pillows, all kinds of weird stuff. WTF?
Don't let it bother you. Just say to yourself, "that's bizarre", and get on with your life. Unless, somehow, the blankets and pillows are obstructing your view or are otherwise in your way, be grateful they didn't bring something deadly into the theater. You know, like Taco Bell food...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies