Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
3 hrs ago
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$15.50
4 hrs ago
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00
18 hrs ago
Some Like It Hot (Blu-ray)
$19.59
 
Tomb Raider (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Pacific Rim: Uprising 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.59
 
Alpha (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
The Strangers: Prey at Night (Blu-ray)
$12.99
17 hrs ago
The Grifters (Blu-ray)
$5.96
 
Hereditary (Blu-ray)
$15.00
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #8101
The Duke The Duke is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
The Duke's Avatar
 
May 2009
Wild Wild West
2
246
15
-7
Default

Well, after reading about you guys ordering a 3D version and getting the regular Blu . . . I ordered the regular BD/DVD combo of Titanic, just opened it and they sent me the Limited 3D Edition.

Will it play regular 2D on my 2D player & projector? Or maybe I should just sell it on Amazon, it looks like it sells for a nice premium and just wait for another good deal to try for the regular Blu again; zero interest in 3D here. I got it for free in that promo where you were able to buy the 2 pack of Witches of Eastwick/Practical Magic or Dirty Harry/Magnum Force and get just about anything free with them.

CH sure needs to do some training to get their staff to understand the difference between Blu-ray and 3D Blay-ray.

Last edited by The Duke; 09-15-2012 at 09:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #8102
Crimson King Crimson King is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
19
10
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Well, after reading about you guys ordering a 3D version and getting the regular Blu . . . I ordered the regular BD/DVD combo of Titanic, just opened it and they sent me the Limited 3D Edition.

Will it play regular 2D on my 2D player & projector? Or maybe I should just sell it on Amazon, I got it for free in that promo where you were able to buy the 2 pack of Witches of Eastwick/Practical Magic or Dirty Harry/Magnum Force and get just about anything free with them.

CH sure needs to do some training to get their staff to understand the difference between Blu-ray and 3D Blay-ray.
I has BOTH 2d and 3d versions included!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #8103
Jennifer Lawrence Fan Jennifer Lawrence Fan is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Jennifer Lawrence Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)
1429
638
248
351
242
551
-5
Default

Like everyone else I checked and see my copy of Cabin In The Woods has moved to ship mode with no date behind it.

Now this is how it should be for all new releases! Do it a couple days before its released, not almost a week after its been out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #8104
The Duke The Duke is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
The Duke's Avatar
 
May 2009
Wild Wild West
2
246
15
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I has BOTH 2d and 3d versions included!
Ah, I see that now on the top of the slip: "Blu-ray3D + Blu-ray 2D + Digital Copy". It just doesn't have the DVD the 2D only BD version have, and I had no use for the DVD either. I guess I'll keep it & sell the 3D BDs on eBay (I think the 3D is spread out over 2 BDs?)
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #8105
Jennifer Lawrence Fan Jennifer Lawrence Fan is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Jennifer Lawrence Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)
1429
638
248
351
242
551
-5
Default

yes 3d blu ray is over 2 discs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #8106
mport5150 mport5150 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
mport5150's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
The Shire
7
2279
321
8
2
8
-5
USA

Well they added triple points, but dropped the 55% off :

20120916LLST1D

The 55% off code has expired.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #8107
dadaluholla dadaluholla is offline
Expert Member
 
dadaluholla's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
1732
39
-5
Default

I'm trying not to get my hopes up for the mystery "summer send off sale" scheduled for Sept 21-23.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #8108
mport5150 mport5150 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
mport5150's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
The Shire
7
2279
321
8
2
8
-5
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadaluholla View Post
I'm trying not to get my hopes up for the mystery "summer send off sale" scheduled for Sept 21-23.
I'm not holding my breath for a good deal...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #8109
Jennifer Lawrence Fan Jennifer Lawrence Fan is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Jennifer Lawrence Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)
1429
638
248
351
242
551
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mport5150 View Post
Well they added triple points, but dropped the 55% off :

20120916LLST1D

The 55% off code has expired.
Yep, I saw that. Guess I waited too long. Oh,well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadaluholla View Post
I'm trying not to get my hopes up for the mystery "summer send off sale" scheduled for Sept 21-23.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mport5150 View Post
I'm not holding my breath for a good deal...
I saw that aswell, but like the rest I'm not hoping for much and in the end were be surprised, but i doubt it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #8110
FlickFab FlickFab is offline
Power Member
 
FlickFab's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise
640
-5
Default

Darn it! I had a bunch of stuff in the cart last night but logged off and figured I would finish the order today and now it's $40 more than it was before. Triple pts don't make up for that. I should have stayed up longer last night - lol!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #8111
Jennifer Lawrence Fan Jennifer Lawrence Fan is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Jennifer Lawrence Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)
1429
638
248
351
242
551
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickFab View Post
Darn it! I had a bunch of stuff in the cart last night but logged off and figured I would finish the order today and now it's $40 more than it was before. Triple pts don't make up for that. I should have stayed up longer last night - lol!
Yeah, the same thing here. Always the slightest bit of hope they have something good on the mystery days.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #8112
hotchickinHD hotchickinHD is offline
Senior Member
 
hotchickinHD's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
Yep, I saw that. Guess I waited too long. Oh,well.



I saw that aswell, but like the rest I'm not hoping for much and in the end were be surprised, but i doubt it.

I begged you to take the 55% off and flat shipping...didn't I?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #8113
Jennifer Lawrence Fan Jennifer Lawrence Fan is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Jennifer Lawrence Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)
1429
638
248
351
242
551
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchickinHD View Post
I begged you to take the 55% off and flat shipping...didn't I?
I don't know, just too stupid for my own good. Plus I really don't have the money to spend now. So maybe that's a good thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #8114
hotchickinHD hotchickinHD is offline
Senior Member
 
hotchickinHD's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
I don't know, just too stupid for my own good. Plus I really don't have the money to spend now. So maybe that's a good thing.
Blu Rays are entertainment for life...you can't watch money...it just sits there...go on buy yourself a little somethin'...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #8115
AL. AL. is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2012
866
1
-8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchickinHD View Post
Blu Rays are entertainment for life...you can't watch money...it just sits there...go on buy yourself a little somethin'...
Hot Chick, is your real name Ben Bernanke?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #8116
Jennifer Lawrence Fan Jennifer Lawrence Fan is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Jennifer Lawrence Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)
1429
638
248
351
242
551
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchickinHD View Post
Blu Rays are entertainment for life...you can't watch money...it just sits there...go on buy yourself a little somethin'...
But it can help you with other things. I still have a couple things from a previous sale to arrive yet, so I'm cool with that. or until I see a bnch more other blu rays to cover the new ones.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #8117
hotchickinHD hotchickinHD is offline
Senior Member
 
hotchickinHD's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
But it can help you with other things. I still have a couple things from a previous sale to arrive yet, so I'm cool with that. or until I see a bnch more other blu rays to cover the new ones.
I'm unhappy I bought Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, so I was going to sell it on Amazon, I was willing to get what they offered thinking it would be enough since I bought it on a BOGO w/triple points sale.

So Amazon has a trade-in value at NEW for $11.75. Now I opened mine and watched it, but still I thought LIKE NEW would be fine enough.

Well like new for that movie is TEN CENTS...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #8118
Jennifer Lawrence Fan Jennifer Lawrence Fan is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Jennifer Lawrence Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)
1429
638
248
351
242
551
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchickinHD View Post
I'm unhappy I bought Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, so I was going to sell it on Amazon, I was willing to get what they offered thinking it would be enough since I bought it on a BOGO w/triple points sale.

So Amazon has a trade-in value at NEW for $11.75. Now I opened mine and watched it, but still I thought LIKE NEW would be fine enough.

Well like new for that movie is TEN CENTS...
Amazon sucks like that. Even with new releases still closed they will give you next to nothing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #8119
wormraper wormraper is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
wormraper's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona
4057
2
438
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchickinHD View Post
I'm unhappy I bought Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, so I was going to sell it on Amazon, I was willing to get what they offered thinking it would be enough since I bought it on a BOGO w/triple points sale.

So Amazon has a trade-in value at NEW for $11.75. Now I opened mine and watched it, but still I thought LIKE NEW would be fine enough.

Well like new for that movie is TEN CENTS...
just sell as a third party vendor. you'll get much more that way
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #8120
Jennifer Lawrence Fan Jennifer Lawrence Fan is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Jennifer Lawrence Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)
1429
638
248
351
242
551
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
just sell as a third party vendor. you'll get much more that way
That or just try to sell it on here.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:25 AM.