Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio (Blu-ray)
$27.99
21 hrs ago
Shawscope Volume Two (Blu-ray)
$89.45
9 hrs ago
The Red Balloon and Other Stories: Five Films by Albert Lamorisse (Blu-ray)
$55.99
1 day ago
Dawn of the Dead / Land of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$5.99
12 hrs ago
The Exorcist (Blu-ray)
$6.99
8 hrs ago
Blue Steel (Blu-ray)
$15.79
1 day ago
The Equalizer 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
14 hrs ago
The Equalizer 3-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$48.55
 
Tenebrae 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.84
1 day ago
Barbie 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
1 hr ago
The Thing 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 hr ago
The Venture Bros.: Radiant is the Blood of the Baboon Heart (Blu-ray)
$14.96
14 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Display Theory and Discussion > Rear Projection TVs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
STARSCREAM STARSCREAM is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
STARSCREAM's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Dagobah
148
67
Default 92" Mits DLP coming!

. No need for a projector imho for most with this size.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/04/m...p-155-inch-ol/
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
Blu-ray Fanatic Blu-ray Fanatic is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Blu-ray Fanatic's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
San Antonio
1
Default

Whats the price tag? This is getting ridiculous.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
bkbluray bkbluray is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
bkbluray's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
MN
57
185
25
Default



And I was looking at a 65" and thought it was big...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
Aerodude73 Aerodude73 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Aerodude73's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")
134
341
2325
7
3
9
31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-ray Fanatic View Post
Whats the price tag? This is getting ridiculous.
"no word yet on the price tag or release date" for the 92" it says in the article. also included is a 155" OLED display.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
bkbluray bkbluray is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
bkbluray's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
MN
57
185
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
"no word yet on the price tag or release date" for the 92" it says in the article. also included is a 155" OLED display.
I'd love to know the price tag on the OLED! LOL. Probably going to be in the neighborhood of $20000 - $30000.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #6
Theil24 Theil24 is offline
Active Member
 
Theil24's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
10
58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSCREAM View Post
. No need for a projector imho for most with this size.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/04/m...p-155-inch-ol/
I'll take two please!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #7
Theil24 Theil24 is offline
Active Member
 
Theil24's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
10
58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbluray View Post
I'd love to know the price tag on the OLED! LOL. Probably going to be in the neighborhood of $20000 - $30000.
Yeah, maybe more like $100,000
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #8
nezff nezff is offline
Banned
 
nezff's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Louisiana
36
25
4
5
Send a message via MSN to nezff
Default

you can get a great projector and screen for less than the 82"s are running now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:31 AM   #9
Blown 4.3 Blown 4.3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Blown 4.3's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
42
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post
you can get a great projector and screen for less than the 82"s are running now.
yeah, but they not for everyone. they will sell a bunch of those 92's
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:13 AM   #10
Mr. Joshua Mr. Joshua is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Mr. Joshua's Avatar
 
May 2007
6
153
Default

Too bad no big retailers carry Mitsubishi, and I'm talking like Best Buy or Sears et al... I'd love to see one of these in person. Problem is no one carries Mitsubishi except online retailers, and you can't see that in person. I wonder if the speaker system on that Mitsubishi is just 5.1 dolby digital or is it upgraded and will play DTS HD and Dolby TrueHD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #11
Hillside Trece Hillside Trece is offline
Banned
 
Nov 2010
Default

Wow...

I should have gone to CES...right around the corner from me...

This is awesome news...I WISH I could afford one of these or even find the room for one...

Anyonce care to speculate what the PQ would be on screens this big?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #12
STARSCREAM STARSCREAM is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
STARSCREAM's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Dagobah
148
67
Default

MSRP price is supposedly going to be $5,000 to $6,000.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #13
Hillside Trece Hillside Trece is offline
Banned
 
Nov 2010
Default

That's not that bad!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #14
Grand Bob Grand Bob is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Grand Bob's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Seattle Area
9
1
Default

I would have to see it before judging it, but bigger is not always better. My nephew has the Mitsubishi 82" DLP and the PQ leaves alot to be desired. I would be more interested in seeing the upcoming 72" LG LZ9700 LED, 71" Vizio, 70" Sharp Quattron, or one of the 70+" Samsungs that are rumored to be at CES.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:34 AM   #15
Hillside Trece Hillside Trece is offline
Banned
 
Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Bob View Post
bigger is not always better. My nephew has the Mitsubishi 82" DLP and the PQ leaves alot to be desired.
This is what I was concerned with...

Quote:
I would be more interested in seeing the upcoming 72" LG LZ9700 LED, 71" Vizio, 70" Sharp Quattron, or one of the 70+" Samsungs that are rumored to be at CES.
Hmmm...it seems you feel the cutoff is around 70 inches for a TV display...I suppose that makes sense in terms of quality...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:49 AM   #16
Oniichan Oniichan is offline
Active Member
 
Oniichan's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Upstate NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Too bad no big retailers carry Mitsubishi, and I'm talking like Best Buy or Sears et al... I'd love to see one of these in person. Problem is no one carries Mitsubishi except online retailers, and you can't see that in person. I wonder if the speaker system on that Mitsubishi is just 5.1 dolby digital or is it upgraded and will play DTS HD and Dolby TrueHD.
Ultimate Electronics carrys Mitsubishi's
most moved into Comp USA's box store
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:55 AM   #17
DaleGribbl DaleGribbl is offline
Member
 
DaleGribbl's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Texas
28
949
Default

I have to ask...if you have the room for a 92" TV, why not go ahead and get a projector and screen? You could probably get it for half the cost.

A 92" DLP TV also sounds like a huge eye sore to me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:59 AM   #18
Oniichan Oniichan is offline
Active Member
 
Oniichan's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Upstate NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribbl View Post
I have to ask...if you have the room for a 92" TV, why not go ahead and get a projector and screen? You could probably get it for half the cost.

A 92" DLP TV also sounds like a huge eye sore to me.
I rent and live in a large one bedroom apartment. in order for a projector to be " effective" you need a completely dark room, preferably a large room that has absolutley no open light source. Preferrably a Basement. So that option is out for me, and I know i am not the only one. it's just my preference......
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #19
Trogdor2010 Trogdor2010 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Trogdor2010's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
45
266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSCREAM View Post
MSRP price is supposedly going to be $5,000 to $6,000.
For a DLP based rear projection set (probably still using the same mercury bulbs), that is actually pretty steep. Cut it down to say $2000 (or puts lasers in it) and then maybe we'll talk.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #20
Trogdor2010 Trogdor2010 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Trogdor2010's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
45
266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniichan View Post
I rent and live in a large one bedroom apartment. in order for a projector to be " effective" you need a completely dark room, preferably a large room that has absolutley no open light source. Preferrably a Basement. So that option is out for me, and I know i am not the only one. it's just my preference......
If I remember correctly that the light output of the larger mits TV isn't as bright as the smaller sets suggests that it uses the same lamp to power it. I wouldn't be too surprised if it uses the same bulb.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Display Theory and Discussion > Rear Projection TVs


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:25 AM.