Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Last-Minute Holiday Deals are Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Ultimate James Bond Collection (Blu-ray)
$94.99
16 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99

Jurassic World: 5 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Doctor Who: Tom Baker - Complete Season Seven (Blu-ray)
$61.12
17 hrs ago
Queens of Scream - Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$5.88
17 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible - Fallout 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$16.99

The Meg (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Crazy Rich Asians (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Batman/Superman Anthology (Blu-ray)
$37.99

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 05-18-2010, 06:46 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey
Default ejusted's Home Theater Thread

I am new to the forum and I finally took some time and snapped some pics of my home theater. I have seen some really nice ones on here and I wanted to show mine off. Its still a work in progress so any type of feed back is welcome.

Future Upgrades:

TSU 9800

Last edited by ejusted; 02-19-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #2
Power Member

Jan 2008
AUSTRALIA

Love your HT system, looks great!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Thank you for the compliment m8!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Northern Delaware

Hello ejusted.

Welcome to Bluray.com's Home Theater Gallery Section. I would like to commend you on the fine setup you have. The Epson 8500UB is a serious projector, arguably one of the best dollar for dollar. The other being the Panny 4000. Anyway, l love your use of the media center for storing movies and music.

I see that you want to replace the Polk RTi's with the Paradigm Studio Series. What improvement do you think you will experience going with the Digms? The RTi12's are very formidable speakers in their own right.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:35 PM   #5

Jan 2009
Positioning myself in front of the crease, getting slashed behind the knees by Billy Smith! :(

Great set-up ejusted. I love the use of that relatively small space. Like LDgibson stated, that Epson is a great pj. I would love to jump up to the Studios myself, but if you do, an external amp should be considered as well to really get them to open up and play to their fullest potential. Otherwise, great room and even better attention to detail. I did ask this in your gallery under comments, but how do those bipole/dipole side surrounds sound to you? With such strange reflfection points or lack thereof with no wall behind you, I would think you might feel they are underperforming and lack the enveloping sound they should be creating, but that could just be me.......
Old 05-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Northern Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fors* View Post
I did ask this in your gallery under comments, but how do those bipole/dipole side surrounds sound to you? With such strange reflfection points or lack thereof with no wall behind you, I would think you might feel they are underperforming and lack the enveloping sound they should be creating, but that could just be me.......
Hello Fors*

You are accurate in your assessment regarding di/bi-poles when it comes to reflection points or lack thereof and effectiveness. But in this case, because of the positioning and proximity of the FXi3's, I really don't think his missing much.

No doubt, conventional positioning would dictate wall mounting instead of the stand application, but as you know all too well, we work with what we have.

Last edited by ldgibson76; 05-18-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #7

Jan 2009
Positioning myself in front of the crease, getting slashed behind the knees by Billy Smith! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 View Post
Hello Fors*

You are accurate in your assessment regarding di/bi-poles when it comes to reflection points or lack thereof and effectiveness. But in this case, because of the positioning and proximity of the FXi3's, I really don't think his missing much.
No doubt, conventional positioning would dictate wall mounting instead of the stand application, but as you know all too well, we work with what we have.

How's the family!?!
I had bipoles as side surrounds and no wall behind me, and I knew I was losing information, as the bipoles just underwhelmed me and never had the kind of presence I wanted, nor created the kind of surround sound I wanted. They have since been sold and I am actually much happier with the monopoles I have now.

Family is good, happy and healthy. Thanks for asking! I hope all is well with you too!
Old 05-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #8

Jul 2009

Great job ejusted, what a great use of the space!
Old 05-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #9
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
In the country

Great looking HT
Old 05-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009
Tampa, FL

Nice setup ejusted!
Old 05-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Hello ejusted.

Welcome to Bluray.com's Home Theater Gallery Section. I would like to commend you on the fine setup you have. The Epson 8500UB is a serious projector, arguably one of the best dollar for dollar. The other being the Panny 4000. Anyway, l love your use of the media center for storing movies and music.

I see that you want to replace the Polk RTi's with the Paradigm Studio Series. What improvement do you think you will experience going with the Digms? The RTi12's are very formidable speakers in their own right.
Thanks for the reply man,

I love my polks, I've had them for about 7 years now and they sound great for movies and image really well with 2 channel stereo for music. However, I demo'ed the studio 100's in a few different places in the past few months and I love how they sound. I feel like they capture the highs/mids slightly better. My next task is to actually get these speakers in my home and test them out somehow! Thats the only way to be sure before I shell out the big bucks.
I'll let you know how goes!
Old 05-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Northern Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejusted View Post
I am new to the forum and I finally took some time and snapped some pics of my home theater. I have seen some really nice ones on here and I wanted to show mine off. Its still a work in progress so any type of feed back is welcome.

Future Upgrades:

AV Rack
Emotiva XPA3
TSU 9800
Paradigm Studio Series (Front/Center)
Quote:
Thanks for the reply man,

I love my polks, I've had them for about 7 years now and they sound great for movies and image really well with 2 channel stereo for music. However, I demo'ed the studio 100's in a few different places in the past few months and I love how they sound. I feel like they capture the highs/mids slightly better. My next task is to actually get these speakers in my home and test them out somehow! Thats the only way to be sure before I shell out the big bucks.
I'll let you know how goes!
Hello ejusted.

I feel you on the Studio 100's! They are the truth no doubt. But I can tell you that, once you do get the 100's, acquiring the Emotiva XPA-3 will be a must! Don't get me wrong, the Yammie RV-V3800 does have a nice amp section and may drive the RTi's effectively, but the Studios are a different animal! You will most likely have a difference in sound quality with the 100's, but your improvement will truly be exponential with the XPA-3 pushing the 100's.

When you auditioned the Studios, were they being pushed by a pre-pro and standalone amp or was a AVR used?
Old 05-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Thanks Fors

Quote:
I would love to jump up to the Studios myself, but if you do, an external amp should be considered as well to really get them to open up and play to their fullest potential........
I was actually going to get an Emotiva amp (Xpa3 or 2) before touching the speakers. I've heard so many good things and I want to try one out for myself.

Quote:
how do those bipole/dipole side surrounds sound to you? With such strange reflfection points or lack thereof with no wall behind you, I would think you might feel they are underperforming and lack the enveloping sound they should be creating, but that could just be me.......
Funny you should mention, I was thinking about mounting some white diectional speakers on the ceiling behind me along side of the PJ and point them downward. I do think I loose a little sound because bipole/dipole sound is supposed to reflect and I dont have many walls. However. they are sitting right next to my head and when I turn off the sides I can hear them just fine. Let me know if you have any clues on how to figure it out which sounds better.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Hello ejusted.

I feel you on the Studio 100's! They are the truth no doubt. But I can tell you that, once you do get the 100's, acquiring the Emotiva XPA-3 will be a must! Don't get me wrong, the Yammie RV-V3800 does have a nice amp section and may drive the RTi's effectively, but the Studios are a different animal! You will most likely have a difference in sound quality with the 100's, but your improvement will truly be exponential with the XPA-3 pushing the 100's.

When you auditioned the Studios, were they being pushed by a pre-pro and standalone amp or was a AVR used?
I am with you all they way on that one! One place had them hooked up to the same reciever as mine. Another place with a comprable denon. I dont think I've ever heard them powered by an stand alone amplifier before. I am sure they sound phenominal! So the order I want to go is Amp 1st, and if I still have the upgrade bug, then the speakers. lol
Old 05-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #15

Jan 2009

Quote:
Thanks Fors

I was actually going to get an Emotiva amp (Xpa3 or 2) before touching the speakers. I've heard so many good things and I want to try one out for myself.

Funny you should mention, I was thinking about mounting some white diectional speakers on the ceiling behind me along side of the PJ and point them downward. I do think I loose a little sound because bipole/dipole sound is supposed to reflect and I dont have many walls. However. they are sitting right next to my head and when I turn off the sides I can hear them just fine. Let me know if you have any clues on how to figure it out which sounds better.
I can add that I love my XPA-3!! It really opened up my Paradigms, which I already thought had great dynamic range. But the best thing about adding the XPA-3 is how clean and clear the dialog is, I am amazed at low volumes how easily it can still be heard.

As far as bipoles/monopoles. I had bipoles I used as side surrounds, and they were exactly as close to me as yours are to you. I have no back wall to the room and they were on stands, so no wall behind them either. They sounded fine, but I kept reading how other members kept raving about their bipoles/dipoles and felt mine were not living up to that expectation. I have monopoles now, and there presence is much more evident and I actually seem to hear better depth within the ambient sounds. I attribute this to switching from bipoles to monopoles, but again, I switched due to my room design and its limitations.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
I can add that I love my XPA-3!! It really opened up my Paradigms, which I already thought had great dynamic range. But the best thing about adding the XPA-3 is how clean and clear the dialog is, I am amazed at low volumes how easily it can still be heard.

As far as bipoles/monopoles. I had bipoles I used as side surrounds, and they were exactly as close to me as yours are to you. I have no back wall to the room and they were on stands, so no wall behind them either. They sounded fine, but I kept reading how other members kept raving about their bipoles/dipoles and felt mine were not living up to that expectation. I have monopoles now, and there presence is much more evident and I actually seem to hear better depth within the ambient sounds. I attribute this to switching from bipoles to monopoles, but again, I switched due to my room design and its limitations.
Thanks for the info. I think the amp will def be my next purchase. I will post some pics when I do. I am definately going to think about trying out some monopoles one day just to see difference in sound. Also, when/if you got rid of your polks...what did you do? Did you sell them? If I sell mine, I was thinking of putting them up on ebay (pick up only). Any other ideas? These guys weight a ton and I dont think shipping is an option.

This is why I love playing around with my HT. There is always something different to try out. Now if only my gf felt the same way!!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #17

Jan 2009

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I think the amp will def be my next purchase. I will post some pics when I do. I am definately going to think about trying out some monopoles one day just to see difference in sound. Also, when/if you got rid of your polks...what did you do? Did you sell them? If I sell mine, I was thinking of putting them up on ebay (pick up only). Any other ideas? These guys weight a ton and I dont think shipping is an option.

This is why I love playing around with my HT. There is always something different to try out. Now if only my gf felt the same way!!
I sold my Polks to another member here. I shipped mine, so I am sure in the end I didn't make as much as I could have if they would have been a local pick-up. Don't be afraid to try to sell them on this site, but more than likely they would have to be shipped. But you never know who lives close to you either.

I love playing around and tweaking my HT as much as you do, trust me. It never ends....never!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:18 AM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Northern Delaware

Hello ejusted!

I hope your day was a progressive one.
So tell me, what do you think of the website thus far?!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:44 AM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Web site is real nice lotta cool people on here. I am glad I found it. Whats up with you. Everything good?
Old 05-21-2010, 02:47 AM   #20
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2007
Iowa

That is a nice setup you have there. I like what you've done with the htpc. Great job!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries