Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Running Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
Scream 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99
1 day ago
Coraline 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Juice 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.79

The Fog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.48
1 day ago
The Mask of Zorro 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Pulp Fiction 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.99

They Live 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Warriors (Blu-ray)
$13.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-05-2022, 01:45 PM   #21
Banned

Nov 2021
EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel Angel View Post
I am only looking for a viewing copy, so I only need one steel per film. I do not keep anything sealed, nor buy multiples or variants.
This is what I want to do too, but if I have more than one steelbook for whatever reason, then I would like to have all the exclusive steelbooks of that particular movie
Old 01-05-2022, 05:05 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2013
London

Nope. Almost always tacky and strictly for the proper nerds.
Old 06-06-2022, 01:15 AM   #23

Aug 2016

I always buy the steelbook of a particular movie unless the steel is butt ugly. If there is not a steel available for a particular movie then unfortunately I have to settle for buying the amaray case. I limit myself to only one steel per film. If another steelbook comes out for a movie that I already have in steelbook and it looks better than the one I have I will double dip and put the new one on my display and put the old one in my closet. I love steels and I hate amaray cases. People worry about wear and tear on steels, but theyre 10 times more durable than amaray cases. Just dont stack them together too tightly, keep the room temperature cool enough, and pull them in and out of your shelf delicately. If you are really nervous about it you can put them in protective sleeves but I dont do that. In some of these steelbook collection videos on youtbe these guys ram their steels back into the shelf violently after pulling them out. If you do that, yes, you might need protective sleeves.
Old 10-20-2022, 05:58 PM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
North Georgia Mountains
Default Do You Always Buy Steelbooks?

I'll buy the 4K Steelbook and sometimes the Blu-ray if the artwork is good. I also like the Digibooks
Old 10-21-2022, 05:30 AM   #25

Feb 2022
USA

No, I purchase Blu-ray’s and digipacks on occasion. The artwork is usually the deciding factor for me.
Old 01-20-2023, 02:10 AM   #26

Jun 2018

I tend to only buy steelbooks for films that I love, so long as they're not part of a franchise that would require me to go back and buy everything again. This 'rule' has protected me from going back to buy any Marvel or Pixars. The last ones I bought in steelbook were Elvis, Dune (4k/3d/2d in 2 of the 3 designs) and a double dip on Parasite to get the 4k.

The last ones I skipped were the Dark Knight trilogy in the new box set versions, (because then I'd feel obliged to get the 4 anthology films, and The Batman, which I didn't like, in steelbook too - I have regular amarays for those, and I have the deleted Digibook 4ks for the TDK trilogy). If the price is right I'll get them one day because they're beautiful, but I feel conflicted about it!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries