Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Running Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.74
1 day ago
Scream 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Coraline 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

The Fog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Juice 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.79

Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.48
1 day ago
They Live 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Dragonslayer 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Pulp Fiction 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.99

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Carrie 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries

Old 05-20-2021, 03:33 PM   #61

Sep 2010

I've actually had better luck with the mail than I have picking them out in person, somehow.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:39 AM   #62
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011

yeah they are pretty awful, i got a steelbook shipped in a box with bubblewrap on a pre-order and it still arrived heavily damaged (warehouse workers do good work). and last two steelbooks i bought in store had dent and a spine slice. stay clear.
their workers think they can treat them rougher BECAUSE ITS in hard case, therefor discs will be protected. no need to handle with care
Old 06-10-2021, 10:24 AM   #63
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
San Antonio TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Guy Eddie View Post
Why reduce the physical media section and replace it with more floorspace?
Can't remember where I read it, but one of the reasons allegedly is in the long run they want to reduce the floorspace overall to have more onsite storage for products ordered online.
Thanks given by:
Nice Guy Eddie (06-15-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 05:16 PM   #64

Aug 2014
Cleveland, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchg View Post
yeah they are pretty awful, i got a steelbook shipped in a box with bubblewrap on a pre-order and it still arrived heavily damaged (warehouse workers do good work). and last two steelbooks i bought in store had dent and a spine slice. stay clear.
their workers think they can treat them rougher BECAUSE ITS in hard case, therefor discs will be protected. no need to handle with care
This is a YMMV issue by region. I have never had any issues with steelbooks sent by BB.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:03 PM   #65

Jul 2020

Context: I don't live near any Best Buy. I don't own a car, so I can't just drive there and exchange for an undamaged item. I'm also not willing to pay train fare for something that should've been done properly by them.

If I could give this company zero stars I would. Sent this precious item in a 10 times too big flimsy bubble mailer rather than appropriate packaging. Every steelbook crushed and split in the spine. So I go to customer service to ask for a replacement, rather than having it done automatically like Amazon does. I now have to sit with customer service for 15 minutes, wasting additional time from my life, only for them to tell me they wouldn't even send out a replacement, citing high demand low supply. Also, if all that weren't enough, they have some new stupid policy that they won't refund your money until the next statement period? I might have misunderstood, but I was told that by two different employees, and I've never heard them say it before. All of this is the day after them sending me four wrong records, instead of the six I ordered, which I also had to waste thirty minutes with customer service on. Terrible, terrible, terrible customer service. Worst I've ever experienced. What a shame Best Buy. What a shame.

[Show spoiler]

Lesson of the Day: don't trust Best Buy for anything you genuinely care about.

Last edited by BluFalcon; 06-11-2021 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Further clarification.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:12 PM   #66

Jul 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. 95 View Post
This is a YMMV issue by region. I have never had any issues with steelbooks sent by BB.
It may very well be the case, and you seem to be lucky in this regard, but until they address these issues in all locations, the company is still responsible for the locations that aren't handling this appropriately.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:14 PM   #67
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. 95 View Post
I do store pickup for all steelbooks. Minimal issues here and there, but overall I get good product.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:15 PM   #68

Jul 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchg View Post
I've only ever received one steelbook with minimal protective packaging. It was put in with one sheet of bubble wrap (not even wrapped around it) and just thrown in together in a box too large. Every other item I've gotten from them has been put into a flimsy bubble mailer, or paper thin cardboard envelope.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:22 PM   #69

Jul 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhl3000 View Post
I find that time heals most wounds. Of all the steelbooks I ever bought that turned out to be in less than perfect condition and would bother the hell out of me, only about 5% continue to bother me when I look at them now. Of course, the ones that were badly damaged I returned for exchanges or refunds. But a significant percentage of my many steelbooks have some flaw that I have learned to be at peace with.
Time shouldn't have to heal wounds that you paid good money for. You should let customer service heal those wounds and not pass the pain onto fellow hobbyists, because that's what you're essentially doing by putting up with this behavior from them. They then think all customers will be okay with dents on their items. I'm not saying you're evil or anything. From your comment you seem like a very patient and understanding person. But you have to understand the consequences of your actions. If everyone doesn't stand up to these companies when they've done wrong, they'll never change.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:50 PM   #70

Jul 2020

Lo and behold. I do believe this is a Christmas miracle. Maybe there is some small hope for change at Best Buy yet.

[Show spoiler]

Thanks given by:
hollisesco (06-15-2021), MattBowers2020 (06-15-2021)
Old 06-15-2021, 10:42 PM   #71
Special Member

Mar 2013
Fresno, Ca.

Quote:
Why reduce the physical media section and replace it with more floorspace?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel Angel View Post
Can't remember where I read it, but one of the reasons allegedly is in the long run they want to reduce the floorspace overall to have more onsite storage for products ordered online.
Asinine (the situation, not your response).
Old 06-16-2021, 08:44 PM   #72

Jul 2020

Three steelbooks in a row delivered with proper packaging. Even with extra care in bubble placement in this latest one. I'm a happy customer at the moment. By the way, these are being shipped out to me from Shepherdsville, KY. Great job guys!

[Show spoiler]

Thanks given by:
dtyndall (06-18-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 09:07 PM   #73
Banned

Dec 2012
Bay Area, CA

Quote:
Asinine (the situation, not your response).
Asinine and untrue. The floor space will be used for health products, which do sell and have a good markup.
Old 02-20-2022, 03:22 PM   #74

Jan 2009

I'm not sure what it is about Best Buy steelbooks but I certainly have not had any luck with them in a while. I bought the Steelbook of Picard in store and got home and it was dented and scratched under the jcard. Took it back and tried another one they had me open in store and same damage. Got a third and it had less damage but still come but could not get a refund since they were opened. I thought I got lucky with Halloween Kills online since my nearest store never even got it but it arrived with a huge scratch all across the front and some color missing. I swore off their steelbooks after that but went to my nearest to get a copy of the Eternals. They had no regular 4k copies but three steelbooks so I looked them over, did not see any damage so bought one. Got home opened it up and it has the same scratch as Halloween Kills across the front that I could not see under the wrap and four spots where color is gone. I'm going to try and take it back for another one but what a hassle. This kind of damage is their lack of quality control and was obviously this way from when it was made and they just don't care. They suck at carrying even new releases now but no more steelbooks from them ever for me. I don't care if they are out of the regular copies from now on.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries