Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Scream 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Young Sherlock Holmes (Blu-ray)
$17.99
12 hrs ago
House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$37.99

G.I. Joe: Retaliation 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Dragonslayer 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (Blu-ray)
$13.99

Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.48

Pulp Fiction 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Coraline 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Chivalry of a Failed Knight: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
1 day ago
The Mask of Zorro 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

The Warriors (Blu-ray)
$13.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-05-2022, 01:57 PM   #1
Banned

Nov 2021
EU
Default How much rare are this Matrix Steelbooks?

Hi guys, can you tell me how much rare are this steelbooks? Do you think that 200 euro for all of them sealed is a good price?
Old 01-05-2022, 02:39 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010

Only you can answer that. Is this set worth 200Ä to you?

Personally Iíve become slightly numb and somewhat disillusioned with Steelbooks. I find myself being picky today as (IMO) the majority of artwork is lazy meaning that they are little more than a cash grab from the usual suspects. There is no way would I be paying that sort of price for three steelbooks when they donít have WEA, Iíd be picking up the boxset and spending the money saved on purchasing other titles I wanted.

It all depends what floats your boat.
Old 01-05-2022, 02:56 PM   #3
Banned

Nov 2021
EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_R View Post
Only you can answer that. Is this set worth 200€ to you?

Personally I’ve become slightly numb and somewhat disillusioned with Steelbooks. I find myself being picky today as (IMO) the majority of artwork is lazy meaning that they are little more than a cash grab from the usual suspects. There is no way would I be paying that sort of price for three steelbooks when they don’t have WEA, I’d be picking up the boxset and spending the money saved on purchasing other titles I wanted.

It all depends what floats your boat.
hi, yeah i understand what do you mean. but besides the value for me, i just wanted an objective evalutaion of the product. i have to buy the 4k editions of the matrix trilogy, and i have pre-ordered the titans of cult edition, but i want the steelbooks for the other 2 movies and since there is a complete set here, i'm thinking to buy it or not. i read that they are pretty rare, especially the first movie, but i want to be sure first

Last edited by happynerd; 01-05-2022 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:10 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by happynerd View Post
hi, yeah i undertand what do you mean. but besides the value for me, i just wanted an objective evalutaion of the product. i have to buy the 4k editions of the matrix trilogy, and i have pre-ordered the titans of cult edition, but i want the steelbooks for the other 2 movies and since there is a complete set here, i'm thinking to buy it or not. i read that they are pretty rare, especially the first movie, but i want to be sure first
If you want to check real world value, look on ebay. Specifically at ended auctions (not BIN sales), take 10% off for PayPal and eBay fees and you should get an idea. This is also a good way to gauge an average price.

PS

There is no certainty, steelbooks should be bought if you like them. They don’t make good investment pieces IMO.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:35 PM   #5
Banned

Nov 2021
EU

Quote:
If you want to check real world value, look on ebay. Specifically at ended auctions (not BIN sales), take 10% off for PayPal and eBay fees and you should get an idea. This is also a good way to gauge an average price.

PS

There is no certainty, steelbooks should be bought if you like them. They donít make good investment pieces IMO.
how can i check ended auctions? anyway i buy them if i can pay the right price, i don't want to be stealed. in this case i'm not sure about their value. i think i wait and check again in the future.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:53 PM   #6
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

Personally, that's a hard no on that price, but I'm not hardcore collector of Steelbooks either. I also think the artwork on them are pretty terrible.
Thanks given by:
Ben_R (01-05-2022), happynerd (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 03:56 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by happynerd View Post
how can i check ended auctions?
eBay.com ended auction - https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...&LH_Complete=1
Thanks given by:
happynerd (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 04:22 PM   #8
Banned

Nov 2021
EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Personally, that's a hard no on that price, but I'm not hardcore collector of Steelbooks either. I also think the artwork on them are pretty terrible.
i agree with you

Quote:
thank you
Thanks given by:
Ben_R (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 05:04 PM   #9
Expert Member

Nov 2014

If WB releases a steelbook set in the next few months with all four matrix movies would you be mad after buying these? There's a bunch of different ways to consider this. That price is high for three steelbooks in general. These specific ones will probably never be reprinted though so how much do you care about the specific steel vs just owning the movie in general? There is always a possibility they could be replaced by something else. From what I've seen nobody is planning a 4 movie steelbook set, just a 4 movie regular box set so far. That could change in the coming months though. Also the steelbooks for the fourth movie shown on this website so far are both bright white. Hardly a match to these.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=346549

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=346567
Old 01-05-2022, 05:13 PM   #10
Banned

Nov 2021
EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuio View Post
If WB releases a steelbook set in the next few months with all four matrix movies would you be mad after buying these? There's a bunch of different ways to consider this. That price is high for three steelbooks in general. These specific ones will probably never be reprinted though so how much do you care about the specific steel vs just owning the movie in general? There is always a possibility they could be replaced by something else. From what I've seen nobody is planning a 4 movie steelbook set, just a 4 movie regular box set so far. That could change in the coming months though. Also the steelbooks for the fourth movie shown on this website so far are both bright white. Hardly a match to these.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=346549

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=346567
of course i would be mad. regarding the "match" i don't care about it. if i have a set of three + a new movie with different art, it's ok. but if i can't have the 3 movies with the same art so it's fine anyway too. i ordered the talent of cults steelbook of the first matrix, i'll wait to see if some other 4k steelbooks will be released in the future for the other 2 sequels, otherwise i'll buy the normal amaray. i already have the vynil edition in bluray
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries