Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
12 hrs ago
The LEGO Batman Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.33
10 hrs ago
The Meg 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.51

The Pete Walker Collection Volume 2 (Blu-ray)
$43.94

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.30

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Pina 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Smurfs 2 in 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 day ago
Bait 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.69

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 08-05-2021, 04:25 AM   #581

Dec 2015
Nashville, TN

Hate to say it we may not see a 3D release of this movie or any other movie from Disney in the new future. Insiders are saying the new CEO Bob Chapek is a penny pincher and driving the company into the ground. Also with the lawsuit from Scarlett Johansson this movie has a bad stain written on it within Disney. Hopefully things will change in the future but right now things are not good. Disney is simply not focused on physical media
Old 08-05-2021, 04:38 AM   #582
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomfellow View Post
Well there we go, took only a few minutes and we've got a happy club member subscriber already. No offense intended to club members btw, just based on what I've read I wasn't very impressed, but
Sounds like the majority of the folks who snipe at DMC that they don't even bother to find out what it offers or how it works

I guess there might be a reason there's a DMC thread over a decade long which is one of the most popular threads on the entire forum -- even Part 2 of thread has 40+K replies and close to 8M views by itself.
Must be something there for all the old, frail folks here.

Last edited by hariseldon; 08-05-2021 at 04:44 AM.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:59 PM   #583
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
Actually I belong to the Disney movie club and it's great. When I signed up I got a great deal by paying for a few discs up-front at a good price and getting a bunch more for almost nothing. They send me one email once a month and I have to either accept or decline their once-a-month new offer. I click decline and that's it. Any time I want to order from them I can, and shipping is free. They're also friendly over the phone and have been very helpful a couple times with issues I've had. I met my quota after my first order of a few titles, and I am not required to buy anything else, ever.

The Disney movie club is very useful for those who enjoy the classics that they don't plan to release to full retail. Basically like Warner Archive. Which is why it makes sense for them to release 3D through their movie club.
how many of the same title can a member order ? or is it limited to 1 per sub ? its a hard sell for people like me that only want a few 3D titles and have 0 interest in their 2D catalog of classics. i prefer Warner and universal MOD philosophy, no subscription, no bull...
Old 08-05-2021, 02:13 PM   #584
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2014
Southeast U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyoung18 View Post
Hate to say it we may not see a 3D release of this movie or any other movie from Disney in the new future. Insiders are saying the new CEO Bob Chapek is a penny pincher and driving the company into the ground. Also with the lawsuit from Scarlett Johansson this movie has a bad stain written on it within Disney. Hopefully things will change in the future but right now things are not good. Disney is simply not focused on physical media
I'm not really interested in the Marvel films going forward -- well, maybe Dr. Strange, as that 3D would probably be pretty good -- but this is one I wanted to get in 3D, as it really fits in with Stage 3. Oh well. Money saved.
Old 08-05-2021, 04:10 PM   #585
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2008
Albany NY

I'm not sure I'm going to watch 3D films in theaters anymore, doing so will just make me want a 3D blu-ray that will likely never come.
Thanks given by:
AaronWilson (08-06-2021), Joe D. (08-08-2021), mar3o (08-07-2021), panman40 (08-05-2021), Synchg (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 05:00 PM   #586

Aug 2021

While I would love this to come to blu-ray 3D, I think the more likely option EVENTUALLY would be Disney plus adding a 3D section. Disney is very invested in boosting the subscriptions to this service, as long as the ability to stream like Vudu can is there, any Disney film (and possibly by extension many Sony films once the deal to show their back catalog starts) maybe there for 3D.

Last edited by Geo731; 08-05-2021 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:21 PM   #587
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
how many of the same title can a member order ? or is it limited to 1 per sub ? its a hard sell for people like me that only want a few 3D titles and have 0 interest in their 2D catalog of classics. i prefer Warner and universal MOD philosophy, no subscription, no bull...
Technically up to 5 lifetime (cumulative across 1 or multiple accounts), but only 3 can be discounted and max 3 of same title in a single order

If you really are interested in only their 3D, there are around 30 left in print though those aren't eligible for the enrollment picks

This is the last list I have --
[Show spoiler]prices range 29.95-39.95 though there are always B1 G40/50/60% the rest of an order offers available so average prices can be a lot lower if you make a batch order.
Ant-Man (BD3D,BD,DC)
Brave (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
Captain America: Civil War (BD3D,BD,DC)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (BD3D,BD,DC)
Finding Dory (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
Finding Nemo 4-Disc (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
G-Force (BD3D,BD,DVD)
Guardians Of The Galaxy (BD3D,BD,DC)
Inside Out (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
Iron Man 3 (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
Marvel Studios Doctor Strange (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
Marvel Studios The Avengers 3-Disc (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
Marvel Studios The Avengers: Age Of Ultron (BD3D,BD,DC)
Marvel Studios Thor: The Dark World (BD3D,BD,DC)
Moana (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
Monsters University Ultimate Collector's Edition (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
Oz The Great And Powerful (BD3D,DC)
Planes (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens Collector's Edition (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
Tangled 3-Disc (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
The Good Dinosaur (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
The Jungle Book (2016) Collector's Edition (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas 20th Anniversary Edition (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
Toy Story 3-Disc (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
Tron: Legacy (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)
Up 4-Disc (BD3D,BD,DVD,DC)

Last edited by hariseldon; 08-06-2021 at 02:25 AM.
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (08-08-2021), Variety Films 3D (08-07-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 06:47 PM   #588

Aug 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule View Post
I donít watch movies on VR devices for the same reasons why I donít listen to movies with headphones.
The good news is that if what I said does come true, you wonít have to use VR. Iím just saying that more people watching movies in VR means more people getting exposed to how cool 3D can be (regardless of your personal opinion of watching movies in VR). More people enjoying 3D means a higher likelihood that someone with the know-how will eventually train an AI to produce high-quality 3D conversions. Those conversions themselves wouldnít be VR-exclusive.

Anyway, donít mean to derail the BW discussion. I just keep oscillating wildly between optimism and pessimism as we wait, and am trying to keep the bigger picture in mind.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:53 PM   #589
Expert Member

Apr 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo731 View Post
While I would love this to come to blu-ray 3D, I think the more likely option EVENTUALLY would be Disney plus adding a 3D section. Disney is very invested in boosting the subscriptions to this service, as long as the ability to stream like Vudu can is there, any Disney film (and possibly by extension many Sony films once the deal to show their back catalog starts) maybe there for 3D.
I think thatís the least likely option, unless you mean 20 years in the future if 3D has a third wave of popularity.
Thanks given by:
Variety Films 3D (08-07-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 10:05 PM   #590

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
I think thatís the least likely option, unless you mean 20 years in the future if 3D has a third wave of popularity.
Wouldn't that be the fourth wave?
Thanks given by:
Old 08-06-2021, 01:46 AM   #591

Aug 2021
Smile New 3D wave

I think just like back in 09 James Cameron has to be our 3D savior. Avatar 2 has new version of 3D tech developed with Dolby where it’s 4k Dolby Vision AND 3D. Cameron hopes that avatar 2’s popularity will encourage theaters to invest in the next wave of 3D tech…non glasses 3D. He wanted them to adopt it for avatar 2 but naturally theaters were hesitant. According to him to do glasses less 3D they just need to change their screens out not their projectors. ���� Cameron gets what he wants (note the 4K blu ray of Alita came with a 3D copy). Since Avatar 2 is Disney now hopefully that means Disney will embrace his tech if the film succeeds. Unfortunately we have a lot of marvel movies coming out before Avatar 2 (Doctor strange for example)…so I really hope the 3D blu rays aren’t gone for that time in between.
Thanks given by:
AaronWilson (08-07-2021), DarrinG (08-06-2021), Jlardonio (08-06-2021), mar3o (08-07-2021), pickit60 (08-06-2021), RitwikKN2002 (08-06-2021), Variety Films 3D (08-07-2021)
Old 08-06-2021, 03:20 PM   #592

Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniketman View Post
I think just like back in 09 James Cameron has to be our 3D savior. Avatar 2 has new version of 3D tech developed with Dolby where itís 4k Dolby Vision AND 3D. Cameron hopes that avatar 2ís popularity will encourage theaters to invest in the next wave of 3D techÖnon glasses 3D. He wanted them to adopt it for avatar 2 but naturally theaters were hesitant. According to him to do glasses less 3D they just need to change their screens out not their projectors. ���� Cameron gets what he wants (note the 4K blu ray of Alita came with a 3D copy). Since Avatar 2 is Disney now hopefully that means Disney will embrace his tech if the film succeeds. Unfortunately we have a lot of marvel movies coming out before Avatar 2 (Doctor strange for example)Öso I really hope the 3D blu rays arenít gone for that time in between.
Is there the tech for that or is just the will of James Cameron for that to realize?
There were some small 3D players that didn't require glasses, also some smartphones and a portable console.
Just hope in fact that brands wake up and realize that 3D is not a gimmick... not mainstream but definitely not a gimmick.
Thanks given by:
RitwikKN2002 (08-06-2021), Variety Films 3D (08-07-2021)
Old 08-06-2021, 03:34 PM   #593

Mar 2019

I think , because of the big financial losses during the pandemic and changes in studios movie distribution (Disney+ VIP/HBO max) there is absolutely no money for cinema owners to invest in new 3D technology in the near future.

We can be happy if there will be a "AVATAR 2" 3D Blu-ray.
But no way for upgraded cinemas.

I expect there will be a (little) impact from Playstation VR2 in digital distribution of 3D movies. But only if Sony sees that chance and becomes again a litte bit "world of 3D" end of next year. There should be a focus on AAA VR games according to news articles. So why not also push 3D movies on these high resolution devices?
Thanks given by:
BLMN (08-06-2021), RitwikKN2002 (08-06-2021), Variety Films 3D (08-07-2021)
Old 08-06-2021, 04:14 PM   #594
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniketman View Post
I think just like back in 09 James Cameron has to be our 3D savior. Avatar 2 has new version of 3D tech developed with Dolby where itís 4k Dolby Vision AND 3D. Cameron hopes that avatar 2ís popularity will encourage theaters to invest in the next wave of 3D techÖnon glasses 3D. He wanted them to adopt it for avatar 2 but naturally theaters were hesitant. According to him to do glasses less 3D they just need to change their screens out not their projectors. ���� Cameron gets what he wants (note the 4K blu ray of Alita came with a 3D copy). Since Avatar 2 is Disney now hopefully that means Disney will embrace his tech if the film succeeds. Unfortunately we have a lot of marvel movies coming out before Avatar 2 (Doctor strange for example)Öso I really hope the 3D blu rays arenít gone for that time in between.
It was the initial idea, its not happening. Btw, 4k Dolby 3D has been done before by Ang Lee twice on Billy Lynn and Gemini Man so its not a breakthrough tech anymore. Theaters will not upgrade to the double laser projection anytime soon, not now specially during an ongoing pandemic and in 2022/23 seems very unrealistic the way things are going (DELTA variant). Glasses free is not possible at the cinema unless you add a massive LCD screen that will cost a fortune! there is no way to do do glasses free 3D on canvas and if this ever happens the technology is not even there yet. Avatar 2 will bring shifting frame rates from 24f to 48 hfr for speed up action scenes and underwater scenes. So no, avatar 2 will not have the same 3D impact that the original had with the transition of reels to digital which also benefited 2D movies.
Thanks given by:
Old 08-06-2021, 04:18 PM   #595
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlardonio View Post
Is there the tech for that or is just the will of James Cameron for that to realize?
There were some small 3D players that didn't require glasses, also some smartphones and a portable console.
Just hope in fact that brands wake up and realize that 3D is not a gimmick... not mainstream but definitely not a gimmick.
The tech definitely exists for glasses-free 3D. Nintendo did it to major success with the 3DS.
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (08-06-2021)
Old 08-06-2021, 04:27 PM   #596
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by xootoo View Post
I think , because of the big financial losses during the pandemic and changes in studios movie distribution (Disney+ VIP/HBO max) there is absolutely no money for cinema owners to invest in new 3D technology in the near future.

We can be happy if there will be a "AVATAR 2" 3D Blu-ray.
But no way for upgraded cinemas.

I expect there will be a (little) impact from Playstation VR2 in digital distribution of 3D movies. But only if Sony sees that chance and becomes again a litte bit "world of 3D" end of next year. There should be a focus on AAA VR games according to news articles. So why not also push 3D movies on these high resolution devices?
Sony has dropped support for 3D playback on the PS5. Not just 3D blu ray but stereoscopic output as well .
Old 08-06-2021, 06:46 PM   #597

Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
The tech definitely exists for glasses-free 3D. Nintendo did it to major success with the 3DS.
If you read my text a little better... you'll see that nintendo 3DS is mentioned.
The problem is that those were small screens... not big screens like the ones at the movies.

Last edited by Jlardonio; 08-06-2021 at 06:57 PM.
Thanks given by:
Old 08-06-2021, 06:51 PM   #598

Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixote View Post
Sony has dropped support for 3D playback on the PS5. Not just 3D blu ray but stereoscopic output as well .
PS5 came with subpar hardware compared with the announced and no 3D output? Geesh...
Old 08-06-2021, 09:04 PM   #599

Aug 2021

Quote:
It was the initial idea, its not happening. Btw, 4k Dolby 3D has been done before by Ang Lee twice on Billy Lynn and Gemini Man so its not a breakthrough tech anymore. Theaters will not upgrade to the double laser projection anytime soon, not now specially during an ongoing pandemic and in 2022/23 seems very unrealistic the way things are going (DELTA variant). Glasses free is not possible at the cinema unless you add a massive LCD screen that will cost a fortune! there is no way to do do glasses free 3D on canvas and if this ever happens the technology is not even there yet. Avatar 2 will bring shifting frame rates from 24f to 48 hfr for speed up action scenes and underwater scenes. So no, avatar 2 will not have the same 3D impact that the original had with the transition of reels to digital which also benefited 2D movies.
There have been movies screen in Dolby 3D yes. Alita also had that. That however was not 4k HDR 3D. They were 2k 3D with HFR and they were both flops. So it’s not surprising they didn’t spur any change. Also you’re totally right about the pandemic and streaming affecting theaters, but you’ve got it backwards. They need to create an incentive to come to the theaters and I think that investing in the tech is the best way to do that. However they won’t invest in it unless they see a film succeed in a big way. Avatar 2 could very well be that film. I think it is strange though considering 50% of Endgames gross was 3D that theatres aren’t making a push for more 3D shows. I think the thing that’s mainly been stopping people from 3D is the cost. So if they just lower the prices a little they might get more people coming in. Especially considering they’ve probably already made the cost of that equipment back.
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (08-06-2021), mar3o (08-07-2021), RitwikKN2002 (08-07-2021)
Old 08-07-2021, 04:56 AM   #600
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011

Quote:
I think there's a limit of 3 of any single title per member without setting off alarm bells, form what I've read in other threads. I ordered 2 copies of The Black Hole through them and they shipped it no problem. That title ended up with a replacement program, and all I had to do was give them a quick call and they sent me another 2 copies of the corrected discs.
Thanks given by:
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies