Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.49
10 hrs ago
30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$70.32

Charlie's Angels 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.95

Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
7 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Beyond the Door (Blu-ray)
$33.03
18 hrs ago
Ultraman Ace (Blu-ray)
$27.04

Knives Out (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Ready or Not (Blu-ray)
$14.96

It: Chapter Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Gemini Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.75
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 01-14-2020, 08:39 PM   #141
Expert Member

Sep 2018
You don't need to know where I live...

Forza 8 will likely make the launch and maybe Flight Simulator as well; they'll just be available to both X1S/X and XSX (faster framerate + shorter load times). I'm perfectly fine with that.

BUT … I think MS + T10 has something else up their sleeves for FM8. There is a clear reason why the clockwork release rhythm was broken in 2019. There must be a brand new in-game 'system' that T10 has been working on.

Both Sony and MS have their launch strategy that they've been working on so all we can do is wait and watch them unfold.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:20 PM   #142
Special Member

Aug 2015

If there aren't Day 1 exclusives then I might hold off until Halo 6 comes out, although I do want to play the Master Chief Collection in HDR which I can't do with my OG XBox One. But I'll probably be busy with whatever day 1 exclusives the PS5 has anyway.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:07 PM   #143
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Oxford

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRD43L View Post
Forza 8 will likely make the launch and maybe Flight Simulator as well; they'll just be available to both X1S/X and XSX (faster framerate + shorter load times). I'm perfectly fine with that.

BUT … I think MS + T10 has something else up their sleeves for FM8. There is a clear reason why the clockwork release rhythm was broken in 2019. There must be a brand new in-game 'system' that T10 has been working on.

Both Sony and MS have their launch strategy that they've been working on so all we can do is wait and watch them unfold.
For Forza Motorsport 8, i genuinely think that microsoft is poing to break the 1K barrier and have 1000 cars in the game for the first time. That is going to take one hell of a lot of work, especially as all cars in the game must be of the same quality, unlike GT5 and 6 with it's 'Premium' models.
Old 01-17-2020, 03:03 AM   #144
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildWhelk View Post
For Forza Motorsport 8, i genuinely think that microsoft is poing to break the 1K barrier and have 1000 cars in the game for the first time. That is going to take one hell of a lot of work, especially as all cars in the game must be of the same quality, unlike GT5 and 6 with it's 'Premium' models.
Only issue I have with this series since it started this gen was the “give us more money” if you want new cars.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:43 AM   #145
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Oxford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Only issue I have with this series since it started this gen was the “give us more money” if you want new cars.
700 cars in FMS7 was more than adequate for myself, thank you. There are specific brands and models that i'm into, like classic Lamborghini's and the Bugatti Veyron, outside of that, i'm happy to drive most things. Luckily i was gifted a brand-new copy of the Ultimate Edition of Horizon 4, as it included the James Bond car pack.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:05 PM   #146
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
700 cars in FMS7 was more than adequate for myself, thank you. There are specific brands and models that i'm into, like classic Lamborghini's and the Bugatti Veyron, outside of that, i'm happy to drive most things. Luckily i was gifted a brand-new copy of the Ultimate Edition of Horizon 4, as it included the James Bond car pack.
Nice.

At the start of this generation I said buy an Xbox One if you like Forza jokingly. Turned out to not be a joke. I have all but #7 & have enjoyed playing them. If you took monetization out of this game it would be near perfect.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:30 PM   #147
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Oxford

Quote:
Nice.

At the start of this generation I said buy an Xbox One if you like Forza jokingly. Turned out to not be a joke. I have all but #7 & have enjoyed playing them. If you took monetization out of this game it would be near perfect.
I never gave a consideration to getting the 1X until my pc died on it'd arse in November 2017, and i had to make the choice of replacing vital components and chose to split the difference; 1X for gaming, pc for regular work. Forza 7 was one of the first games i bought, and i've been playing it ever since. The Top Gear content is icing on the cake, shame that Horizon didn't feature the Grand Tour test track...
Old 01-19-2020, 12:30 AM   #148
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
I never gave a consideration to getting the 1X until my pc died on it'd arse in November 2017, and i had to make the choice of replacing vital components and chose to split the difference; 1X for gaming, pc for regular work. Forza 7 was one of the first games i bought, and i've been playing it ever since. The Top Gear content is icing on the cake, shame that Horizon didn't feature the Grand Tour test track...
Tried Forza Horizon 4 on Gamepass. It’s good, I’m all car’d out though. If it was my first racing game, I’d probably play it more.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:21 AM   #149
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Question

Are you guys excited for this? In that as soon as preorders are up you are in?
Old 01-19-2020, 12:25 PM   #150
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Oxford

Quote:
Question

Nope. Not touching this beast until i see something that tells me buying a machine allegedly twice as powerful as 1X is worth it. There is still plenty of milage in the 1X, as i'm not hardcore for 60fps gaming unless it's racing.*

*Yes, i know, FH4 has options...
Old 01-19-2020, 02:28 PM   #151
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Question

Yes, I am excited, but I plan on waiting at least a year for it. Only because I still have plenty of games left to play on my Xbox One X and it's still going strong. I know this would make the games look even better, but the X does a pretty good job with that already, so I can wait on a really good bundle before I jump in.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:55 PM   #152

Jan 2013

I might get it ASAP. I still have a Day One Xbox, and with a 4K TV I want some 4K games. I could have gotten a one x in the last couple years, but why drop $300-500 when I can put that towards the new system.

Hopefully there will be a launch bundle though
Old 01-20-2020, 12:17 AM   #153
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Canada

Quote:
Question

I'm extremely excited for this. I love what Xbox has been doing since about 2016-17 and the direction they appear to be headed with the next generation looks very promising.

Having said that I decided to wait a year. This will allow for better sale prices to be had and a lot of the wrinkles to be ironed out. Plus, it's usually a year after launch before games really start showing up which are next gen specific.

I'm definitely getting the Series X though. It's everything I wanted from the XB1 but sadly didn't get.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:52 PM   #154
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Canada

I've bought the new xboxs and playstations on day 1 since the 360 came out. Used to buy the nintendos as well but I stopped at the Wii (although I've been debating getting a switch). That being said, I'm on the fence this time around. I'll definitely get either the PS or Xbox day 1 but might not get both. Need to see what they have to offer and what pricing looks like.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:51 PM   #155
Expert Member

Sep 2018
You don't need to know where I live...

Quote:
Question

I am on the fence. I've got X1X so I am in no rush.

I have defected to XB ecosystem since the launch of XB360 because of Forza & stagnation of GT at the time. Forza has become a clown show (literally, since it features clown racing suits) and no amount of cars will get me excited as FM2~5 days. I am in better physics (such as Assetto Corsa), fewer cars camp. So unless Forza ditches all the silliness and gets back to core racing, it is not enough to entice me to invest in XSX at launch.

MS Flight Simulator is going to be my new interest. So my decision to purchase XSX will depend on the FS performance increase offered by XSX over X1X.

So NO pre-order for me at this time. Bundle it with Elite 2 controller + FS then I might be interested.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:51 PM   #156
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Question

Not yet. It's going to take more than Halo Infinite and a cinematic Hellblade trailer to make me pull the trigger. I want to see MS' long term plan first, beyond the launch. I want to see what all these developers MS bought are working on.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:29 AM   #157
Power Member

May 2007
San Diego

Old 01-22-2020, 05:12 AM   #158
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Not yet. It's going to take more than Halo Infinite and a cinematic Hellblade trailer to make me pull the trigger. I want to see MS' long term plan first, beyond the launch. I want to see what all these developers MS bought are working on.
First thanks people for posting interest.

So with Hellblade if it isn’t exclusive to the SX I will buy it on my One X for sure. Though I have doubts on the game in general.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:00 PM   #159
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
First thanks people for posting interest.

So with Hellblade if it isn’t exclusive to the SX I will buy it on my One X for sure. Though I have doubts on the game in general.
I'm skeptical of it. I want to see what the gameplay looks like first. Anybody can make a cool looking cinematic trailer without factoring in gameplay mechanics and AI (see Killzone 2). I want to see it actually running in game with someone playing it. I have a feeling that trailer was nothing more than a proof of concept.

Last edited by Steelmaker; 01-24-2020 at 05:06 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X