Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame (Switch)
$27.99

Monster Energy Supercross 2 (Switch)
$44.99

Just Dance 2019 (Switch)
$19.99

LEGO DC Super-Villains (Switch)
$29.99

Paw Patrol On A Roll! (Switch)
$35.00

Snk Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (Switch)
$20.59
11 hrs ago
Runbow (Switch)
$19.19

NBA 2K18 (Switch)
$12.06

Hello Neighbor: Hide & Seek (Switch)
$30.77
11 hrs ago
Gear Club Unlimited 2 (Switch)
$32.16

Death Mark (Switch)
$56.50

Cytus Alpha (Switch)
$44.94

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 06-08-2017, 01:34 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX
Default Hollow Knight

Hollow Knight is the first game by Team Cherry, an indie games team comprised of 3 people based in South Australia.

Hollow Knight is a challenging, beautiful action adventure game set in the vast, inter-connected underground kingdom of Hallownest. A 2D action game with an emphasis on skill and exploration, Hollow Knight has you fighting a fearsome host of deadly creatures, avoiding intricate traps and solving ancient mysteries as you make your own way through fungal wastes, forests of bone, and ruined underground cities.

The atmosphere is eerie and sometimes unnerving, but there is a good-hearted core of humour and levity in there too, especially when conversing with all of the weird and wonderful NPCs you’ll find along the way. Hollow Knight has beautiful traditional art, fluid and responsive action, challenging but fair gameplay and a bizarre insect world begging to be explored and conquered.
  • A beautiful, eerie world of insects and heroes.
  • Traditional 2D animation brings creatures and characters to life.
  • Challenging gameplay that can be difficult but always fair.
  • Fluid and responsive action allows you to flow through combat like water.
  • A collection of challenging “feats” the most skilled players can strive for.
  • Find powerful new abilities and spells on your adventure to grow stronger and open new paths.
  • Speak with a weird, intriguing cast of characters.
  • Explore a vast, connected underground world.
  • Scour the world for hidden secrets – powerful artifacts, piles of riches, and surprising encounters.
  • Go Dream Diving! Venture into the minds of friends and enemies and discover the strange worlds that await within.
  • Head to town to seek advice, purchase new items, and chat with quirky townsfolk.
  • Hidden areas full of the toughest challenges and battles, for expert players.
  • Ancient mysteries hidden about the world waiting to be solved by the most observant investigators.

Thanks given by:
Diesel (06-10-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 01:36 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

Also announced yesterday was an update on the Switch version progress as well as the first free DLC pack, Hidden Dreams.

Quote:
Switch version is now feature complete! Prep your Joycons (Or your Pro Controller, if you prefer). From now till Hollow Knight’s (unspecified) Switch launch day it’s all about testing and optimisation, all the time. That’s still a task mind you! But things are really rolling now!

And though it may go without saying, Hidden Dreams will of course be included with the Switch version at launch!
And here's the info on Hidden Dreams:

• 2 New Bosses – Leap into battle with the mightiest of foes! These epic duels will test even the most skilled of players. Each fight grants rewards to the victor, though note: Engaging with these imposing bosses is entirely optional! Who are these enigmatic, impossible-to-discern figures? We’re not telling! It’s up to you to find out this July!
  • 2 New Music Tracks – Epic battles need epic music and Chris’s been preparing just that, with new stirring boss themes for each encounter! He’s gone all out on these ones!
  • New Upgrade: Dream Gate – Discover a whole new method of traversing Hallownest! Slice through the Veil and travel in an instant from one corner of the kingdom to another.
  • A New Stag Station Uncovered – Hallownest’s stags once travelled the breadth of the kingdom but with the departure of the King, one special station was walled away, hidden from bugs and forgotten by stags, until now!

Hollow Knight: Hidden Dreams content is accessible at any point in the game, whether starting fresh or scouring for completion.

Thanks given by:
Diesel (06-10-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #3

Aug 2012
Toronto

Looks really good.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #4
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Oh sweet, I didn't know this was coming to switch! I'll have to look and see if it's out already.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

As most of us know by now, this is out digitally on Switch. Only $14.99, and it includes all the DLC with another free expansion coming soon, so definitely worth the price especially given how many hours people get out of this.

But if, like me, you were hoping for a physical edition, the studio's release day blog post seems to heavily hint that one is coming in the future. Perhaps after the final expansion DLC, so that all the content can be on the cartridge without an additional download?

Quote:
And that’s it gang! We’re at E3 for the next few days, cramming in some important businessy meetings (What’s all this about a physical Switch release??)
Source
Old 06-21-2018, 12:40 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

The developers will be doing an AMA on /r/Nintendoswitch at 8pm EST today ~
Old 06-22-2018, 01:14 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

They confirm they're working on a physical release and will have more news soon: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...ollow/e12wlsf/
Old 07-12-2018, 11:41 PM   #8
Power Member

Jun 2010

I gave this nearly 8 hours. It's just not for me. I think I'm just over Metroidvanias as I hate the backtracking and wandering around figuring out where to go next. Add in how difficult this is and the stress of losing a ton of money if you die twice (lost 2,800 or so my last run which was the final straw for me) and I was just having no fun. Just a combination of frustration and stress for me. Probably the exact wrong type of game to play when I've been in a gaming rut and not wanting to play much of anything lately as well.

In any case, it's a very well made game so I can see why so many love it and why it reviews so well. Amazing that such a small team made it as well. Just not my cup of tea given I have zero patience for hard games anymore and seem to be over this genre. Maybe I'll revisit it down the road but uninstalling for now. I'm probably mostly going to take a break from gaming other than some Slay the Spire and PSVR stuff until some of the fall games that interest me come out as I feel like I'm just forcing myself to game when I play lately.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

For anyone waiting for a physical release like me, it's not coming until Spring 2019 but it's been officially announced finally https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news...ns-1202909029/
Old 03-12-2019, 04:27 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

The physical edition is now available to preorder from Fangamer.

Standard: https://www.fangamer.com/products/ho...ch-ps4-pc-game

Collector's: https://www.fangamer.com/products/ho...s-edition-game

160-page hardcover Wanderer's Journal: https://www.fangamer.com/collections...s-journal-book
Thanks given by:
Grethiwha (03-12-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 01:20 AM   #11

Oct 2012
Louisiana

Standard edition is up on Best Buy’s site for those with GCU.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch