Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Boris Karloff / Bela Lugosi Collection (Blu-ray)
$57.96
17 hrs ago
Batman / Batman Returns / Batman Forever / Batman & Robin (Blu-ray)
$10.00
3 hrs ago
Record of Lodoss War OVA + Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$42.99
22 hrs ago
Hedwig and the Angry Inch (Blu-ray)
$30.37
18 hrs ago
AVP Double Feature (Blu-ray)
$5.99
18 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$26.96
 
Black Swan (Blu-ray)
$4.99
11 hrs ago
Blade Runner (Blu-ray)
$5.00
1 hr ago
Outlander: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
The Hemisphere Box of Horrors (Blu-ray)
$57.67
 
Outlander: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$44.95
 
Furie (Blu-ray)
$17.58
15 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 07:10 AM   #201
callas01 callas01 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Riverside, CA
39
230
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo604 View Post
posted pics of my new setup
very nice looking.... are you completely satisfied with their sound?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:22 AM   #202
nismo604 nismo604 is offline
Active Member
 
nismo604's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Richmond, BC
47
610
1
Default

absolutely...music for one sounds so much better and the dialog for movies is much improved. My neighbors are probably not happy. Crossed all fronts to 70hz, surrounds at 120hz and the sub at 80hz.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #203
callas01 callas01 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Riverside, CA
39
230
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo604 View Post
absolutely...music for one sounds so much better and the dialog for movies is much improved. My neighbors are probably not happy. Crossed all fronts to 70hz, surrounds at 120hz and the sub at 80hz.
Awesome... I know it sounds kinda like a stupid question but, I like to ask it.

I felt the same way when I got the Energys... Music and dialog were all brand new... Miami Vice I have the DVD and there were conversation that I never heard before on my old speaker...

Congrats.. Merry Christmas
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #204
ryan4blu ryan4blu is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ryan4blu's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
NH - Live free or Die
8
175
1
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo604 View Post
absolutely...music for one sounds so much better and the dialog for movies is much improved. My neighbors are probably not happy. Crossed all fronts to 70hz, surrounds at 120hz and the sub at 80hz.
looks awesome i almost bought the same speakers, but went with the PSB new image line. very nice!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #205
ZedsDead ZedsDead is offline
Senior Member
 
ZedsDead's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
28
94
Default

Just joined the PSB club, purchased a Image C40 for my new center channel. Can't wait to get it hooked up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #206
callas01 callas01 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Riverside, CA
39
230
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsDead View Post
Just joined the PSB club, purchased a Image C40 for my new center channel. Can't wait to get it hooked up.
Awesome... Are you going to get some T45's or T55 to match up to that center? The T55 are really nice speakers. As I am sure the rest of their lineup is
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #207
ZedsDead ZedsDead is offline
Senior Member
 
ZedsDead's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
28
94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Awesome... Are you going to get some T45's or T55 to match up to that center? The T55 are really nice speakers. As I am sure the rest of their lineup is
Thanks. It's definitely a possibility down the road. As of right now I think I am really content with my current setup, I purchased the C40 not only because PSB has an excellent reputation, but the aluminum dome tweeter matches the tweeters in my Mirage's. I was originally going to replace the Mirage I accidentally broke with the same one, but I decided to go with the PSB since it can handle more juice down the road for any upgrades.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:12 AM   #208
ryan4blu ryan4blu is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ryan4blu's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
NH - Live free or Die
8
175
1
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsDead View Post
Just joined the PSB club, purchased a Image C40 for my new center channel. Can't wait to get it hooked up.
congrats & welcome
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #209
ryan4blu ryan4blu is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ryan4blu's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
NH - Live free or Die
8
175
1
27
Default

finally got the room setup the way i want for now. sold my other sofa and got my room back. check out the pics, also added pics of the new paradigm seismic 10 sub & PSB speakers. also got some more HT decor on the walls.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:00 AM   #210
aces high aces high is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jan 2010
386
Default Paradigm Studio 10 v5 or PSB ?

A couple of months ago I bought a small two channel system for our living room, Marantz pm 8003 amp, Marantz 5003 cd player and Paradigm Atom Monitor v6. The Atoms sounded small and lacked bass. I exchanged them for the Studio 10 v5 and they have alot of tweeter hiss. The Monitors didn`t have this tweeter hiss. Has anyone heard the Studio 10`s and the PSB`s? Which model of PSB is comparable to the Studio 10?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:48 AM   #211
ryan4blu ryan4blu is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ryan4blu's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
NH - Live free or Die
8
175
1
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post
A couple of months ago I bought a small two channel system for our living room, Marantz pm 8003 amp, Marantz 5003 cd player and Paradigm Atom Monitor v6. The Atoms sounded small and lacked bass. I exchanged them for the Studio 10 v5 and they have alot of tweeter hiss. The Monitors didn`t have this tweeter hiss. Has anyone heard the Studio 10`s and the PSB`s? Which model of PSB is comparable to the Studio 10?
not sure but check it out here http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/...e-B6-Bookshelf

not sure if thats what you are looking for, but i got the T6 towers and C5 center. they rock!!!!!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:54 AM   #212
aces high aces high is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jan 2010
386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4blu View Post
not sure but check it out here http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/...e-B6-Bookshelf

not sure if thats what you are looking for, but i got the T6 towers and C5 center. they rock!!!!!!!!
They might be, I'll have to listen to them. I've never heard PSB's before but have read many glowing reviews. What did you compare the PSB's to before you bought yours?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:23 AM   #213
okbarshabazz okbarshabazz is offline
Active Member
 
okbarshabazz's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Atlanta, GA
19
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post
They might be, I'll have to listen to them. I've never heard PSB's before but have read many glowing reviews. What did you compare the PSB's to before you bought yours?
aces high,
don't know if this helps, but before I bought my PSB Imagine T's I nearly bought the Paradigm Studio 60v.5... I know that both of these are tower speakers but both were VERY similar. I thought both were neutral sounding, though the paradigms were a little on the bright side (nothing I would consider "hiss"). I ultimately chose the Imagines because I thought they imaged a little better and sounded sweeter. based on this comparison, I strongly recommend the PSB Imagine B - the only bookshelf in the Imagine line. they retail for $1k. they come very highly rated and compare favorably with the 'digms.

-hope this helps
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:26 AM   #214
callas01 callas01 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Riverside, CA
39
230
47
Default

+1

The Paradigm Studio 10s would cost retail about $1K, and so would the Imagine B. You can find them here for that price or a local dealer should give you 10-20% off.
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PBIMGB
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:42 AM   #215
aces high aces high is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jan 2010
386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okbarshabazz View Post
aces high,
don't know if this helps, but before I bought my PSB Imagine T's I nearly bought the Paradigm Studio 60v.5... I know that both of these are tower speakers but both were VERY similar. I thought both were neutral sounding, though the paradigms were a little on the bright side (nothing I would consider "hiss"). I ultimately chose the Imagines because I thought they imaged a little better and sounded sweeter. based on this comparison, I strongly recommend the PSB Imagine B - the only bookshelf in the Imagine line. they retail for $1k. they come very highly rated and compare favorably with the 'digms.

-hope this helps
Thanks for the info, I'll have to listen to some next weekend. Enjoy your speakers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:21 AM   #216
aces high aces high is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jan 2010
386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
+1

The Paradigm Studio 10s would cost retail about $1K, and so would the Imagine B. You can find them here for that price or a local dealer should give you 10-20% off.
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PBIMGB
They can be had for alot less than $1k, I paid $750 for mine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:53 AM   #217
okbarshabazz okbarshabazz is offline
Active Member
 
okbarshabazz's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Atlanta, GA
19
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post
They can be had for alot less than $1k, I paid $750 for mine.
go to a local vendor, you can pick 'em up for the same price or close I'm certain... I didn't pay full retail for mine
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:04 AM   #218
BluElite BluElite is offline
Senior Member
 
BluElite's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Default

Whats up guys, new PSB member here. Taking delivery this week on brand new Image series: T6's, S50's and C5. Cannot wait for the setup! I'm 7.1 ready and thinking of doing it in the not-too-distant future. Should I just get another pair of S50's?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #219
PSB_Paradigm_HSU PSB_Paradigm_HSU is offline
Active Member
 
PSB_Paradigm_HSU's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
VA
9
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
+1

The Paradigm Studio 10s would cost retail about $1K, and so would the Imagine B. You can find them here for that price or a local dealer should give you 10-20% off.
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PBIMGB
yup the PSB Imagine B would be the competitor to the Paradigm studio 10. Both great speakers and can be had for < $1000. It'd be nice to see a comparison test on one of the audiophile magazines!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #220
ryan4blu ryan4blu is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ryan4blu's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
NH - Live free or Die
8
175
1
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post
They might be, I'll have to listen to them. I've never heard PSB's before but have read many glowing reviews. What did you compare the PSB's to before you bought yours?
i auditioned axiom at a guys house a few towns from me and i also auditioned def tech b7002, b7004 towers, mythos line, paradigm, monitor audio, polk, martin logan, mirage, klipsch, vienna acoustics, atlantic tech, B & W. now i cant remember all the model numbers and which systems cause it was over a 2 month period. but i listen to pretty much all those speakers and what i determined is for the sound i like and for my budget i thought the PSB setup i bought was kick ass and i didnt drop $10k to do it.

you dont have to drop $10k to find some really nice sounding speakers and i am certainly very pleased with my choice. some ppl think the more you spend the better the speakers and that is NOT always the case.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Official Klipsch Speakers Thread Speakers prerich 2534 02-24-2019 09:50 PM
The Official Infinity Speakers Thread Speakers Big Daddy 186 02-16-2019 02:30 PM
The Official Paradigm Speakers Thread Speakers -DLS- 4221 07-28-2018 09:17 PM
The Official Jamo Speakers Thread Speakers Jwilly019 593 02-14-2014 05:16 AM
The Official Sony Speakers Thread Speakers THE_FORCE 50 04-01-2012 04:30 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:12 PM.