Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Samurai Champloo: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$15.99
8 hrs ago
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Wolf Children (Blu-ray)
$11.99
8 hrs ago
Vampire Hunter D (Blu-ray)
$7.99
15 hrs ago
Holmes & Watson (Blu-ray)
$22.99
2 hrs ago
Aura Battler Dunbine: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.99
21 hrs ago
Dragon Ball Super: Part 5 (Blu-ray)
$17.86
8 hrs ago
Zillion: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$31.01
8 hrs ago
The Boy and the Beast (Blu-ray)
$12.99
8 hrs ago
FLCL: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$18.33
8 hrs ago
If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Plasma TVs

Old 11-15-2018, 02:50 PM   #501
Power Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post
Do you game? Is the motion a problem for watching sports?
I game w/ a PS4 Pro. Motion is never a problem in games tho, the only time I notice it in a game is when playing a third person game like uncharted 4 and spin the camera around myself 360 degrees very fast.

I don't watch a lot of sports
Old 11-17-2018, 03:01 PM   #502
Power Member

Oct 2008

I just notice that the motion is off in panning shots of some movies/shows like someone else mentioned above
Old 11-17-2018, 11:23 PM   #503
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGarnigal View Post
I just notice that the motion is off in panning shots of some movies/shows like someone else mentioned above
Turn off the motion flow it will fix it
Old 11-18-2018, 04:13 PM   #504
Power Member

Oct 2008

It is all off, it's just the technology- it's no plasma
Old 11-20-2018, 03:52 PM   #505
Power Member

Oct 2008

This year's models added extra black frame insertion to help with the motion
Old 11-21-2018, 02:16 PM   #506
Expert Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGarnigal View Post
This year's models added extra black frame insertion to help with the motion
I've been thinking about replacing my 9 year old Kuro with a OLED C8, however burn-in and panel life span are my biggest concerns. I don't upgrade TV's every two years like some do, I don't have a TV less than five years old.
Thanks given by:
Bluyoda (01-12-2019)
Old 11-21-2018, 02:46 PM   #507
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
I've been thinking about replacing my 9 year old Kuro with a OLED C8, however burn-in and panel life span are my biggest concerns. I don't upgrade TV's every two years like some do, I don't have a TV less than five years old.
I thought the Sony OLED took care of the burn in 65" for 2599
Old 11-22-2018, 03:00 PM   #508
Expert Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
I thought the Sony OLED took care of the burn in 65" for 2599
Where did you find that price for a 65 inch Sony OLED?
Old 11-22-2018, 05:28 PM   #509
Expert Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPulSive View Post
Still using my 50 inch Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-111FD and it is looking great. Every time I see the OLED in the store I start to wonder, but then I say not until my Kuro dies first. A bit of a power hog and warm in the summer, but in the winter the extra heat is welcome. Not HDR10 or 4K, but I do not see the pressing need to upgrade it. How long do these things last anyway? Should not have asked that, now I just jinxed it...
BTW, the Kuro ain't going to die
Old 11-24-2018, 04:47 PM   #510

Mar 2012
Tucson, AZ

My main TV is still the LG 60" 3D Plasma I bought back in 2013 on Black Friday. It's still going strong thanks to me only using it on the weekends because of work. It really does amaze me though how good it still looks.

However, I'm really loving 4k as of buying the LG 43" with HDR for $300 a few months ago for my PS4 Pro. YouTube gave me plenty of eyecandy to convince me to get a 4k player. Eventually I'll get a 65" or bigger OLED or QLED or whatever the hell is available and amazing for the right price.

On another note, my mom has a 50" Samsung 3D plasma that she also bought back in 2013 and that thing has maybe 100 hours of use on it. It's in the living room TV and she watches all her TV in the bedroom on the 50" Westinghouse I bought her for Christmas a few years ago. Before that it was a 32" HDTV. Imagine being satisfied with a sub-par TV when you have a plasma in the living room?

Well, she just won a 55" Samsung 4k QLED (go figure), so now that will go in the living room and she actually thinks 4k is so amazing, she's going to actually watch it! So, I'll be putting that Samsung plasma away for future use for myself. Lucky me?

Last edited by losinsanity; 12-24-2018 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:48 PM   #511
Expert Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by losinsanity View Post
My main TV is still the LG 60" 3D Plasma I bought back in 2013 on Black Friday. It's still going strong thanks to me only using it on the weekends because of work. It really does amaze me though how good it still looks.

However, I'm really loving 4k as of buying the LG 40" with HDR for $300 a few months ago for my PS4 Pro. YouTube gave me plenty of eyecandy to convince me to get a 4k player. Eventually I'll get a 65" or bigger OLED or QLED or whatever the hell is available and amazing for the right price.

On another note, my mom has a 50" Samsung 3D plasma that she also bought back in 2013 and that thing has maybe 100 hours of use on it. It's in the living room TV and she watches all her TV in the bedroom on the 50" Westinghouse I bought her for Christmas a few years ago. Before that it was a 32" HDTV. Imagine being satisfied with a sub-par TV when you have a plasma in the living room?

Well, she just won a 55" Samsung 4k QLED (go figure), so now that will go in the living room and she actually thinks 4k is so amazing, she's going to actually watch it! So, I'll be putting that Samsung plasma away for future use for myself. Lucky me?
I want to get a 65 inch OLED, I even played around with selling my VT60, I like the picture of OLED, but this burn-in is giving me great cause for pause. When I got my VT60 which is prone to persistent image retention, I was disappointed with that, even though picture was really good, I thought about replacing it back then with the top of the line LED (with all its flaws). I think as I said in another thread, it seems, unlike plasma, OLED's tend to be more susceptible to burn in the longer you use it. I remember back in the day, when you purchased a new plasma, you would break it in by running it on blank white screen or something like that for 100 hours. It was said that plasma was more susceptible to burn-in early on. With OLED, the people that complain about burn-in are saying that its comes after 6-15 months later. Many times, if they don't get an extended warranty, the TV can't be fixed or replaced.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:48 PM   #512

Mar 2012
Tucson, AZ

Quote:
I want to get a 65 inch OLED, I even played around with selling my VT60, I like the picture of OLED, but this burn-in is giving me great cause for pause. When I got my VT60 which is prone to persistent image retention, I was disappointed with that, even though picture was really good, I thought about replacing it back then with the top of the line LED (with all its flaws). I think as I said in another thread, it seems, unlike plasma, OLED's tend to be more susceptible to burn in the longer you use it. I remember back in the day, when you purchased a new plasma, you would break it in by running it on blank white screen or something like that for 100 hours. It was said that plasma was more susceptible to burn-in early on. With OLED, the people that complain about burn-in are saying that its comes after 6-15 months later. Many times, if they don't get an extended warranty, the TV can't be fixed or replaced.
The plasma burn-in stressed me out when I first got it. But, after the break-in period and the fact that my LG had a "orbital" setting to slightly move the screen every so often helped calm my nerves.

But, I'm not about to do it all over again with an OLED. After seeing my moms 55" QLED, this past week I went and picked up a 65" QLED.

All I hear about the OLED is how the black levels are so great. Well, they are also great on the Samsung. I don't see any problems with the picture. It's stunning and well worth the upgrade.

I'm not selling my plasma though. Can never get what you want for something like that. So, it'll just go in the spare bedroom.
Old 12-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #513
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
I'm not selling my plasma though. Can never get what you want for something like that. So, it'll just go in the spare bedroom.
I didn't get rid of my plasma either. When I bought my OLED, I moved the plasma to my bedroom. It's 58", and it's little too big of a screen for the size of my bedroom, but I'm going to keep it there anyway.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:22 AM   #514

May 2010

Still have a Panasonic plasma set from 2011 and not getting rid of it until it dies. I love what I have seen of OLED but concerned about motion handling issues which would drive me nuts.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:20 AM   #515
Expert Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
The plasma burn-in stressed me out when I first got it. But, after the break-in period and the fact that my LG had a "orbital" setting to slightly move the screen every so often helped calm my nerves.

But, I'm not about to do it all over again with an OLED. After seeing my moms 55" QLED, this past week I went and picked up a 65" QLED.

All I hear about the OLED is how the black levels are so great. Well, they are also great on the Samsung. I don't see any problems with the picture. It's stunning and well worth the upgrade.

QLED's just cost so much.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:37 PM   #516

Oct 2016

I still am using my Panasonic Plasma bought all the way back in 2007.
It's always been the main TV and has got plenty of use over the years.
There's been no sparing of its use and It'll be interesting when I upgrade-eventually.
The biggest difference I have found when looking at TVs in the shops over the years is motion blur.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Plasma TVs