Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Westworld: Season Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Emmanuelle 3 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
1 hr ago
Westworld: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The White Princess (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Princess Principal: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
23 hrs ago
Triple Threat (Blu-ray)
$22.27
8 hrs ago
Frame Arms Girl: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Underworld: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.09

If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot (Blu-ray)
$15.41

A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Star Wars Rebels: Complete Season Four (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old 02-11-2019, 01:18 AM   #13521
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinInfinity View Post
If you're buying pizza by the slice you are spending way too much anyway.
Buy 8 inch. 4 slices. I would need to spend a lot more money.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:26 AM   #13522
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Buy 8 inch. 4 slices. I would need to spend a lot more money.
Too small. Go large or go home.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:32 AM   #13523
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Pizza in the UK might be severely compromised by government plans to remove several hundred calories from them. That means way smaller slices or less toppings. Itís part of the fight against obesity. The government, imo, want to control our lives. Itís not enough that we pay our taxes and now need to work until we Fall over and die at work. They want to take away our enjoyment, ******** *******.
How dare governments tell people how to spend their own time and their own money!

That's your job
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (02-11-2019), Vilya (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 02:03 AM   #13524
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
Yeah, yeah, but what did you have for dinner?

Cowboys and blackholes? Interesting double bill.
Pretty generic fast food dinner. My MiL had surgery this last Tuesday and just got home tonight. Hopefully weíre back to home cooked meals from this point. The less I eat fast food the less of a fan I am when I do
Old 02-11-2019, 02:14 AM   #13525
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Pretty generic fast food dinner. My MiL had surgery this last Tuesday and just got home tonight. Hopefully we’re back to home cooked meals from this point. The less I eat fast food the less of a fan I am when I do
I am glad that she is doing better. I bet everyone is happy that she's home.

I redeemed 27 digital codes from just a few of my 4K discs and blus. I am certain that makes me a bad, bad person. I did so partly out of boredom, but I also did it to have access to them when I visit people. This way, I can leave my discs safe and snug at home. I have a whopping 132 titles redeemed in total; three of which were freebies from various rewards programs.

I was irritated that some would redeem in 4K here, but in HD there. I know there is some spreadsheet that people visit to determine the best location to redeem 4k codes, but I was far too lazy to look it up. A couple of codes wanted me to create a UV account and that seemed pointless now that they are closing. In short, redeeming these 4K codes should be a lot simpler to do and the correct resolution should be obtained without having to consult some oracle spreadsheet with each title.

Last edited by Vilya; 02-11-2019 at 02:29 AM.
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 03:13 AM   #13526

May 2017

Quote:
It's a mystery!

They should have been phased out with low definition TV sets back when everyone was of a mind to switch to high definition TVs and hi-def TV programming.
The standalone DVD should have been gone years ago.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:29 AM   #13527
Power Member

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
By that you mean mostly subscription streaming. You do not purchase all that often or all that much.
To me Subscription Streaming and Digital Purchases are all the same, because the latest Movies are not available right away. All my Streaming Providers except Netflix carry my Movie Collection, and I just added Google Play too. Like I said, Streaming is Hot right now and Sony with the latest update gave me a ton of options with a Fantastic Interface. The Donster was talking about Open Range, I love that Movie but it's not in my Movie Collection. YouTube has Movies you can watch, and that one was available and I watched it the other night. Yes, Streaming is King!
Old 02-11-2019, 04:54 AM   #13528
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
To me Subscription Streaming and Digital Purchases are all the same, because the latest Movies are not available right away. All my Streaming Providers except Netflix carry my Movie Collection, and I just added Google Play too. Like I said, Streaming is Hot right now and Sony with the latest update gave me a ton of options with a Fantastic Interface. The Donster was talking about Open Range, I love that Movie but it's not in my Movie Collection. YouTube has Movies you can watch, and that one was available and I watched it the other night. Yes, Streaming is King!
And here is its throne:

You think that subscription streaming and digital purchases are the same? I can't say that I'm at all surprised that you would believe that with your "it's all digital" refrain.

Last edited by Vilya; 02-11-2019 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:08 AM   #13529
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Illinois

Made it again somehow...

Last edited by Vilya; 02-11-2019 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:00 AM   #13530
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
I am glad that she is doing better. I bet everyone is happy that she's home.

I redeemed 27 digital codes from just a few of my 4K discs and blus. I am certain that makes me a bad, bad person. I did so partly out of boredom, but I also did it to have access to them when I visit people. This way, I can leave my discs safe and snug at home. I have a whopping 132 titles redeemed in total; three of which were freebies from various rewards programs.

I was irritated that some would redeem in 4K here, but in HD there. I know there is some spreadsheet that people visit to determine the best location to redeem 4k codes, but I was far too lazy to look it up. A couple of codes wanted me to create a UV account and that seemed pointless now that they are closing. In short, redeeming these 4K codes should be a lot simpler to do and the correct resolution should be obtained without having to consult some oracle spreadsheet with each title.
I did tell you, didn’t I? It’s just sneaking up on you. Knew I should have bet serious money lol.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #13531
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
Only if you donít like the best. I do, therefore it is more like the court Jester.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:03 AM   #13532
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Too small. Go large or go home.
I have bologneise and chips with it.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #13533
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by octagon View Post
How dare governments tell people how to spend their own time and their own money!

That's your job
I just warn of the consequences, thatís all. Imo, most of you guys are sheep. You do, because others do. I step outside that box.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:03 PM   #13534
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
I just warn of the consequences, thatís all. Imo, most of you guys are sheep. You do, because others do. I step outside that box.
You've definitely stepped in something alright.
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 05:11 PM   #13535
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
You've definitely stepped in something alright.
Stepped out.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:13 PM   #13536
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
I did tell you, didn’t I? It’s just sneaking up on you. Knew I should have bet serious money lol.
You can't be serious? I redeemed a handful of codes that came with my DISCS. I have never purchased a digital code.

I own 7,449 titles on dvd, blu-ray, and 4K disc. Still more if you add in older formats. I own 3,782 titles on blu-ray to your 558. You are in no position to lecture me about ownership of physical media. I buy more discs in two months time than you buy in an entire year.

You shouldn't be trying to rile me up on my , either. For shame!

Last edited by Vilya; 02-12-2019 at 06:16 AM.
Thanks given by:
dublinbluray108 (02-11-2019), The_Donster (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 05:14 PM   #13537
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
You can't be serious? I redeemed a handful of codes that came with my DISCS. I have never purchased a digital code.

I own 7,444 titles on dvd ,blu-ray, and 4K disc. Still more if you add in older formats. I own 3,777 titles on blu-ray to your 558. You are in no position to lecture me about ownership of physical media. I buy more discs in two months time than you buy in an entire year.

You shouldn't be trying to rile me up on my , either. For shame!
Ahhhh, I missed that! Happy birthday genuinely.

[Show spoiler]Hope you not watching a Movies Anywhere film to celebrate!

By the way, I’m up to 700 blurays now, just can’t be arsed to update. I will though!
Thanks given by:
Vilya (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 05:17 PM   #13538
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Ahhhh, I missed that! Happy birthday genuinely.

[Show spoiler]Hope yo7 not watching a Movies Anywhere film to celebrate!
I plan to watch Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive, on blu-ray, thank you very much, in preparation for my Twin Peaks marathon. I couldn't get much watched over the weekend because that is when my family and friends chose to celebrate my

You should update your collection as you get them; it is easier that way. Now, you have 142 entries to make and that makes it a tad tedious to do. My problem is categorizing mine; I have too many titles just lumped into the "owned" category.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #13539
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
I plan to watch Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive, on blu-ray, thank you very much, in preparation for my Twin Peaks marathon. I couldn't get much watched over the weekend because that is when my family and friends chose to celebrate my

You should update your collection as you get them; it is easier that way. Now, you have 142 entries to make and that makes it a tad tedious to do. My problem is categorizing mine; I have too many titles just lumped into the "owned" category.
I have all my blurays and dvds listed in the cloud. I even rate them as I watch them. Page after page lol.

Those two are great films and vintage Lynch.

I would advise you to really soak up Twin Peaks. Let it wash over you. The first series is awesome all the way through, the second series isn’t quite as good but the first and last few episodes are fantastic,.

The film resonates as you get to live Laura Palmers last days and I think it will stick in your mind. It’s a tremendous piece of work.

Finally, the final series is beyond incredible. You have e a lot of fantastic content to get through. The soundtrack to TP and those films you are watching are superb. The composer (Angelo Badalamenti) is just as much a genius as Lynch in his own way.

I would also recommend Lost Highway and Eraserhead. I’m sure you have seen Elephant Man.

Last edited by Steedeel; 02-11-2019 at 05:36 PM.
Thanks given by:
Vilya (02-12-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 06:09 PM   #13540
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Move somewhere sane if it comes to that.

Just remember to look for really good pizza joints and fast internet as your top priorities.
I’m surprised they are not contemplating similar in your country. It has an obesity epidemic also I understand?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology