Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Emmanuelle 3 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
6 hrs ago
Creepshow (Blu-ray)
$27.72
1 hr ago
Westworld: Season Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Westworld: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Princess Principal: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Steven Seagal 4-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$8.99
11 hrs ago
Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$23.78
3 hrs ago
Triple Threat (Blu-ray)
$22.27
13 hrs ago
The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot (Blu-ray)
$15.41

If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Frame Arms Girl: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$15.99

A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: Which team will win Super Bowl LIII
New England Patriots 34 60.71%
Los Angeles Rams 22 39.29%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2019, 07:05 AM   #104241
Power Member

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipbop13 View Post
I don't see how they're forgotten. They only bailed Brady out what, 3 times for SB victories?
It's a team game. Everybody has to get the team down the field to set up the kicker, right?
Thanks given by:
El Rey (02-11-2019), Musashi (02-10-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 07:23 PM   #104242
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastCreatureTrapper View Post
It's a team game. Everybody has to get the team down the field to set up the kicker, right?
A lot of people forget that. It gets lost in all the brady this & brady that. Even though I don't like them, BILL is the reason they thrive. Brady was out for a year & they still went 11-5 with an unproven QB. There are no GOATS in sports. The worst player on the worst team in sports could kick all of our butts at it. Who has the most this, or the least that is irrelevant in all but the most selfish eyes of athletes. Jim Brown never got a ring. Franco Harris got 4. Does that make Franco the better RB? No way. Both were elite. One just got lucky enough to play on a team that was hot at the time he played on it. Anyway, I'm rambling.
Thanks given by:
BeastCreatureTrapper (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 12:28 AM   #104243
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2016
oHIo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipbop13 View Post
I don't see how they're forgotten. They only bailed Brady out what, 3 times for SB victories?
And it was the QB that drove down the field.. jesus
Thanks given by:
El Rey (02-11-2019), Musashi (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 01:55 AM   #104244
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

These upstart leagues like AAF and XFL trying new things that the NFL will eventually copy and refine. NFL just so slow innovating.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 02:01 AM   #104245
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
These upstart leagues like AAF and XFL trying new things that the NFL will eventually copy and refine. NFL just so slow innovating.
At least the NFL actually does implement rule changes to better the sport. Unlike MLB that is basically the same product as it was a century ago.
Could you imagine if the NFL had two different sets of rules for each conference.
That’s why baseball is getting passed up, and the NFL is top dog.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:39 AM   #104246
Power Member

Feb 2014

I've watched some AAF highlights. You know, it's pretty decent. If you had NFL uniforms on them, I could be fooled that it's a regular season game in the NFL.

I remember the XFL play looking really rough at times. It wasn't helped that the first week or two had all the sideshow distractions around the game.

At any rate, hmmmm, these new leagues might not be so bad. As long as the football play is quality, I could see an audience for it.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:40 AM   #104247
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastCreatureTrapper View Post
I've watched some AAF highlights. You know, it's pretty decent. If you had NFL uniforms on them, I could be fooled that it's a regular season game in the NFL.

I remember the XFL play looking really rough at times. It wasn't helped that the first week or two had all the sideshow distractions around the game.

At any rate, hmmmm, these new leagues might not be so bad. As long as the football play is quality, I could see an audience for it.
I couldn't even get into the Arena League!
Old 02-11-2019, 03:52 AM   #104248
Power Member

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
I couldn't even get into the Arena League!
AFL is too compact, too easy (at least at first blush). I couldn't get into it either.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:25 AM   #104249
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2016
oHIo

AAF has been very good so far, as I suspected.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:26 AM   #104250
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2016
oHIo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
At least the NFL actually does implement rule changes to better the sport. Unlike MLB that is basically the same product as it was a century ago.
Could you imagine if the NFL had two different sets of rules for each conference.
Thatís why baseball is getting passed up, and the NFL is top dog.
I don't think the 2 conferences having one difference is a deal breaker for most fans... lol. Other things for sure.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:05 PM   #104251
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
They let other leagues innovate and implement changes so that they don't have to assume the risk and deal with all the backlash yet they can't even get their own referee situation handled in-house. Cowardice at it's finest.
Thanks given by:
BizCat (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #104252
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

Per John Ourand of the Sports Business Journal the NFL is leaning towards having Bears-Packers in Chicago as the opening kickoff game. The Patriots would then open the season on Sunday Night Football, and Ourand believes (although it's a guess) the Giants would be the opponent as the league would want to save Patriots-Chiefs and Patriots-Steelers for later in the season. He also says Thanksgiving will likely feature the Bears-Lions game on Fox (which was the 2018 game as well) and Dolphins-Cowboys on CBS.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...s-Packers.aspx
Old 02-11-2019, 03:47 PM   #104253
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizCat View Post
I don't think the 2 conferences having one difference is a deal breaker for most fans... lol. Other things for sure.
Itís the #1 criticism of MLB. Has been for years, decades. Now that the purists(baby boomers) donít make up the bulk of the viewing audience.
Itís why the Commish made it a point of address in the 2021 CBA, ideally in 2020.
Itís the dumbest thing in all Pro sports. The benefits far outweigh the lone con of ďthatís the way itís always beenĒ. Sorry stat keeping fan, time for a change that is long overdue.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:29 PM   #104254
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Pequannock, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
Per John Ourand of the Sports Business Journal the NFL is leaning towards having Bears-Packers in Chicago as the opening kickoff game. The Patriots would then open the season on Sunday Night Football, and Ourand believes (although it's a guess) the Giants would be the opponent as the league would want to save Patriots-Chiefs and Patriots-Steelers for later in the season. He also says Thanksgiving will likely feature the Bears-Lions game on Fox (which was the 2018 game as well) and Dolphins-Cowboys on CBS.

Yep we kinda talked about that possibility last wk - pats winning to me cinched it.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:35 PM   #104255
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
They let other leagues innovate and implement changes so that they don't have to assume the risk and deal with all the backlash yet they can't even get their own referee situation handled in-house. Cowardice at it's finest.
Nah, thatís called smart business. Itís like lab testing. Want to make sure something works before you spend money and/or implement change.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:56 PM   #104256
Power Member

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post

Giants on week one, Sunday night and banner #6, I will take that.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:18 PM   #104257
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizCat View Post
AAF has been very good so far, as I suspected.
The problem I can see here already is why are fans going to invest in teams that will have basically a revolving door of players just looking to make it to the NFL and leave the AAF behind?

TV ratings might of been strong but I saw half full stadiums at best when I watched. If the NFL takes a supporting role that will be good and bad. Good that you always have the financial backing on a billion dollar industry but you will also never be anything more then the NFL's minor league and more then likely a beta tester of sorts for new ideas to be pushed to the NFL level.

My main question here though would be, were does this leave the XFL? I really don't think there is room for yet another league. Even with it being Vince I doubt he has anything close as far as the spending power that the NFL team owners have, without talent I doubt it will be able to do any better then the first time he tried. I think if Vince is smart he cancels plans for a new xfl league.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:21 PM   #104258
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Itís the #1 criticism of MLB. Has been for years, decades. Now that the purists(baby boomers) donít make up the bulk of the viewing audience.
Itís why the Commish made it a point of address in the 2021 CBA, ideally in 2020.
Itís the dumbest thing in all Pro sports. The benefits far outweigh the lone con of ďthatís the way itís always beenĒ. Sorry stat keeping fan, time for a change that is long overdue.
Baseball seems to be losing popularity as time goes on.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:27 PM   #104259
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Quote:
Nah, thatís called smart business. Itís like lab testing. Want to make sure something works before you spend money and/or implement change.
Fair enough, but eventually you need to make a move which the NFL almost never does or only does until something goes horribly wrong and they get a black eye over it. How long would it be before they made a change if another league didn't step in and make their own move?
Old 02-11-2019, 05:29 PM   #104260
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1203 View Post
Baseball seems to be losing popularity as time goes on.
Because they consistently resist any changes that might speed up and modernize the game.

There really is no excuse to not use new technology to take balls and strike calls out of the hands of the umpires along with a pitch clock to stop the constant batter and pitcher delays that are allowed.

Those two simple to implement changes alone would do wonders for the game.
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (02-11-2019), Moviefan1203 (02-11-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports