Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jivaro 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.82

Stalingrad 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.42

Sing 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Despicable Me 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Minions 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Secret Life of Pets 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Best of The Little Rascals in 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Monsters, Inc. 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.49

It Came from Outer Space 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.99

The Three Stooges in 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.47

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 02-08-2019, 04:23 AM   #201

Jul 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
But how did you get subs to properly display in 3D?
The dlíd subs display like regular text without a 3d effect which works fine/better for reading.

Flying Swords of Dragon Gate had 3d effects on the subs and it drove my eyes crazy.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:30 AM   #202

Jul 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarhead View Post
I went to the site to check that X9S box out and it says it has a...

"Powerful subtitle system with subtitle downloader built-in, and automatically online subtitle searching based on the current movie. Supports any kind of subtitle effects (Size, Color, Frame, Shade etc); exclusive function of supporting customized ASS font"
Also can just Google for the movie title and srt to find a subtitle file to mux into the mkv if your player or app doesnít download automatically.

Might even be safer to do it that way. A while back there was hack by way of Kodi subtitle downloader.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a7753986.html
Old 02-08-2019, 05:35 AM   #203
Special Member

Oct 2013
Southern California, USA

I e-mailed DDDHouse. They don't even know when/if it's being released in Asia.
Thanks given by:
BleedOrange11 (02-08-2019), Mister Showman (02-08-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 11:28 AM   #204
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by -N- View Post
The dlíd subs display like regular text without a 3d effect which works fine/better for reading.

Flying Swords of Dragon Gate had 3d effects on the subs and it drove my eyes crazy.
But if subtitles display in regular 2D text while your TV is in 3D viewing, wouldn't that create issues?
Old 02-08-2019, 04:19 PM   #205

Jul 2017

Quote:
But if subtitles display in regular 2D text while your TV is in 3D viewing, wouldn't that create issues?
No, itís fine. The text just displays at a consistent depth on the screen which makes it easy to read.

With Flying Swords of Dragon Gate, the 3d version of the subtitles kept changing position all over the screen which made it harder to read. I actually got the subtitles for the 2d version and changed it on that rip.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:37 PM   #206
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgen View Post
Really strange. Maybe they've made some kind of exclusive deal with a streaming service in China.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:22 PM   #207

Sep 2018

Quote:
Depends on the person and the 3D Blu-Ray. I found I couldn't handle the 2D subs muxed into Detective Dee due to the 3D depth causing issues when trying to focus on the video + subs (and alternating quickly), this was the same with the retail release of The Meg, so any release that has very strong 3D can cause this to happen. At some point I'll remux it with 3D subs that are offset into the screen to make it easier for me.
Thanks given by:
RockyIII (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 02:22 PM   #208

Mar 2018

[QUOTE=pcummins;16071752]Depends on the person and the 3D Blu-Ray. I found I couldn't handle the 2D subs muxed into Detective Dee due to the 3D depth causing issues when trying to focus on the video + subs (and alternating quickly)[QUOTE]

I agree the 2D subs on the movie can be a bit difficult to read at certain points. I have noticed myself closing one eye to read them. But it's worth it the 3D in Dee is amazing, so I can deal with it.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:26 PM   #209
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Chinese directors still love 3D
Thanks given by:
Regislive (02-11-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 05:48 AM   #210
Power Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgen View Post
Do they normally get much advance notice? Pre-orders just seem to show up on there pretty suddenly, and then are shipped not long after.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:58 AM   #211
Special Member

Oct 2013
Southern California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
Really strange. Maybe they've made some kind of exclusive deal with a streaming service in China.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
Do they normally get much advance notice? Pre-orders just seem to show up on there pretty suddenly, and then are shipped not long after.
I have no idea. It's very strange. The film was released worldwide in July 2018. It's now February 2019 and no sign of a physical media release anywhere in Asia.

Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back was released in China in January 2017 and released on 3-D Blu-ray in Hong Kong in May 2017.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:46 AM   #212

Sep 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regislive View Post
I agree the 2D subs on the movie can be a bit difficult to read at certain points. I have noticed myself closing one eye to read them. But it's worth it the 3D in Dee is amazing, so I can deal with it.
Yes, mostly it's difficult being able switch focus quickly between the subs & whatever 3D visuals that are behind it. The stronger the 3D effect the worse it is unless the subs are inset depth wise which I'll have to tinker around with at some point in time. My friend understands Chinese so not a high priority to redo the subs except for myself (they missed out seeing in the cinema in 3D).

I'm pretty sure the film itself was recorded in 3D (there's noticeable reflections or fine detail mismatches causing visual artifacts). In any case it's a good example of serious 3D filmmaking from China.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies