Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
ZOMBIES (DVD)
$10.00
4 hrs ago
MacGyver: Season 2 (DVD)
$14.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Eleventh Season (DVD)
$23.96

Uncle Drew (DVD)
$14.96

A Bramble House Christmas (DVD)
$9.99

The Americans: The Complete Final Season (DVD)
$19.99

9-1-1: Season One (DVD)
$17.96

The Orville: The Complete First Season (DVD)
$22.08

Young Sheldon: The Complete First Season (DVD)
$20.96

Madagascar: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$13.46

Modern Family: The Complete Ninth Season (DVD)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
The Stand (DVD)
$6.12
21 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 05-13-2016, 04:10 AM   #1
Special Member

Dec 2012
Default How to get Freddy's Nightmares: The Complete Series on DVD?

It's quite shocking that it's 2016 and Freddy's Nightmares has still yet to be released on any format (except the 2 episodes from the Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray collection). We have complete series sets of Tales From The Darkside, Tales from the Crypt, Monsters, Friday the 13th: The Series, and Freddy's Nightmares is still unreleased. In the horror community I know it's a set a lot of people would love to own, so any ideas how to go about getting Warner Bros to finally release it?

Last edited by LawnFurniture; 01-21-2018 at 03:05 AM.
Thanks given by:
johnblazini69 (07-20-2017)
Old 05-13-2016, 04:23 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnFurniture View Post
It's quite shocking that it's 2016 and Freddy's Nightmares has still yet to be released on any format (except the 2 episodes from the Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray collection). We have complete series sets of Tales From The Darkside, Tales from the Crypt, Monsters, Friday the 13th: The Series, and Freddy's Nightmares is still unreleased. In the horror community I know it's a set a lot of people who love to own, so any ideas how to go about getting Warner Bros to finally release it?
They air 4 episodes per week on the El Rey network. In fact, the first episode was on this morning. Next week should be eps 2 - 5.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:32 AM   #3
Special Member

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorBlu View Post
They air 4 episodes per week on the El Rey network. In fact, the first episode was on this morning. Next week should be eps 2 - 5.
I don't get El Rey. :/ How's the quality of the episodes on El Rey?
Old 05-13-2016, 04:34 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014
Houston, TX

Quote:
It's quite shocking that it's 2016 and Freddy's Nightmares has still yet to be released on any format (except the 2 episodes from the Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray collection). We have complete series sets of Tales From The Darkside, Tales from the Crypt, Monsters, Friday the 13th: The Series, and Freddy's Nightmares is still unreleased. In the horror community I know it's a set a lot of people who love to own, so any ideas how to go about getting Warner Bros to finally release it?
Freddy's Nightmares wasn't all that great and I'm a HUGE Elm Street fan! No more Mr Nice Guy is the first and best episode of the whole 2 year series, and is probably the best we'll ever get to a prequel to the Elm street franchise, especially now that Wes Craven has passed.I had read and interview done with Wes in January of 2015 where he was asked if he'd ever be interested in doing one more Nightmare film. He said he'd consider if the studio came to him and wanted another one, and that Robert Englund would have to play Freddy and no one else. It's a shame that nothing came out of it. Now, nothing ever will.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:37 AM   #5
Special Member

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan34 View Post
Freddy's Nightmares wasn't all that great and I'm a HUGE Elm Street fan! No more Mr Nice Guy is the first and best episode of the whole 2 year series, and is probably the best we'll ever get to a prequel to the Elm street franchise, especially now that Wes Craven has passed.I had read and interview done with Wes in January of 2015 where he was asked if he'd ever be interested in doing one more Nightmare film. He said he'd consider if the studio came to him and wanted another one, and that Robert Englund would have to play Freddy and no one else. It's a shame that nothing came out of it. Now, nothing ever will.
I agree that Freddy's Nightmares was fairly bad, but it's kind of so bad that it's good (most of the time). I'd still love to have it just to complete my Nightmare on Elm Street collection! But yeah, the first episode is easily the best even though it's over the top cheesy. I would have loved to see one more Wes Craven nightmare flick! I'd love to see Robert Englund as Freddy one more time. Wouldn't we all though?
Old 05-14-2016, 02:25 AM   #6
Expert Member

Nov 2011
cyberspace

I didn't know it hadn't been released. I was just thinking about it the other day after watching the Elm Street Legacy documentary on Netflix.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:34 AM   #7
Special Member

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by segagamer12 View Post
I didn't know it hadn't been released. I was just thinking about it the other day after watching the Elm Street Legacy documentary on Netflix.
That's a great documentary, but sadly no clue if Freddy's Nightmares will ever get an official release. There are some pretty high quality bootlegs floating around online though.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:10 AM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Canada

Quote:
That's a great documentary, but sadly no clue if Freddy's Nightmares will ever get an official release. There are some pretty high quality bootlegs floating around online though.
I bought one set of those a long time ago. Quality is impressive, but I never finished the series... Some early episodes are good in Season 1, but... it's not very good overall.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:16 AM   #9

Jun 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
I bought one set of those a long time ago. Quality is impressive, but I never finished the series... Some early episodes are good in Season 1, but... it's not very good overall.
Do you remember which site you ordered from?
Old 06-21-2017, 07:42 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
UK

Horror UK aired series 1 only a few years ago, and I've saved recordings of them all. The first episode as already released on DVD is about the best it got. They're largely rather poor but they pass the time if you like horror anthologies. Tales From the Darkside is far superior.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #11

Nov 2009
St. Petersburg, FL

I had a buddy pick up a set for me at a Comic Con recently, just watched the first episode and it looked decent enough.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:27 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Central California

I didn't know the Elm Street Blu-ray box set included a couple episodes. But I'm surprised that neither one is the very episode, which makes a great prequel to the films, showing pre-burned Freddy at his trial and everything. That seems like the most obvious choice to include in such a set as a bonus feature, so I'm curious why it wasn't included while two random episodes were.
My Pop! Vinyl Collection | Favorites Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars, Jaws, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Lethal Weapon, Aliens, Jurassic Park, Blade Runner, Halloween, The Mummy (1999) | 4K ShmoreK
Old 06-24-2017, 12:13 AM   #13
Power Member

Jun 2010

I'll remember they got VHS release...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warner-VHS-F...oAAOSwaEhZLKp5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/freddys-nigh...QAAOSw-0xYRvOt

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Freddys-Nigh...AAAOSwXetZQUGa

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warner-VHS-F...IAAOSwvjdZQUIp

I like to see Freddy's Nightmare on DVD and I seen this on TV in late 1980 and early 1990.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:15 AM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Ohio

The prices on the VHS are ridiculous I picked up a few episodes at Big Lots around 2010.
Listen, do you smell something?
Old 06-24-2017, 08:38 AM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
UK

Remember a UK DVD contained the first 3 episodes. 1st episode with Freddy's trial plus the same 2 as on the Blu-ray box set.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/ft7/Fredd...dys+nightmares
Old 09-01-2017, 03:57 PM   #16

Jun 2017
Somwhere out there

I downloaded the series, but the quality isn't that great. I'd love to get someone that has El Ray to record it and put it on disk for me. Or find it online as a bootleg.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:04 AM   #17
Special Member

Dec 2012

http://nightmareonelmstreetfilms.com...read-10-1.html
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies