Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.49
9 hrs ago
30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$70.32

Charlie's Angels 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.95

Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
6 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Beyond the Door (Blu-ray)
$33.03
18 hrs ago
Dragon Ball Super: Part 10 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
6 hrs ago
Ultraman X: The Series + The Movie (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Ultraman Ace (Blu-ray)
$27.04

Ready or Not (Blu-ray)
$14.96

It: Chapter Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 12-14-2019, 05:32 PM   #61
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas. Muggy & Hot 24/7/365

I am much less concerned with the box than the actual games. The tower set up is great for cooling

I am more bummed that they are not planning on supporting VR for the X Xbox X or whatever the hell its called.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:58 PM   #62
Power Member

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
If I do decide to get this, it will have to stand outside my cabinet like a subwoofer. There's no way that thing is fitting into my entertainment center.

Those of you saying things like "omg I love the design. Its brilliant! Its elegant" blah blah blah." I mean....its unashamedly a PC tower. It's a bulky slab of thick, black rectangle. As dedicated console gamers, I dont see HOW you can love this look. Design wise it kind of flies in the face of one of the reasons we love consoles to begin with doesnt it?
I can only speak for myself but the look of a console is one of the least important aspects when deciding whether to buy or not to buy (the absolute least being the name, I find it ridiculous how people ***** and moan about this). I can understand not being happy about the size (and possibly not fitting into an entertainment center), but that doesn't deter from the fact that it looks sleek. Hopefully Sony dials back the look of the PS5 compared to the last gen consoles, but at the end of the day performance and games are what's most important imo.
Thanks given by:
Captain Flint (12-15-2019), jayturner514 (12-15-2019), SpazeBlue (12-14-2019)
Old 12-15-2019, 01:41 AM   #63
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Did they mention anything about the controller having built in battery?

Its using USB-C right.

The controller looks fine. Nothing mega changing over the previous one. It looks like they borrowed the D-PAD & grip textures on the triggers from the Elite. Possibly the new bumper button design as well.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:27 AM   #64
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

I was hoping the old controllers would work. they are great and do not need any changes, imo
Old 12-15-2019, 08:16 AM   #65
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
I was hoping the old controllers would work. they are great and do not need any changes, imo
All Xbox 360/One Controllers should work with this.
Old 12-15-2019, 03:04 PM   #66

Jun 2015

I actually really like the design of it. Definitely won't fit into most console centers due to heights but I think the new design says next generation.
Old 12-15-2019, 03:49 PM   #67

Jun 2012
Oxfordshire, UK

I dig it.

To be honest, I'd be happy to get this just for the backwards compatibility features. It would be nice to play Gears of War 2 and Red Dead Redemption again (and in 4K), and I wouldn't have to risk burning down the neighbourhood after daring to start up my decrepit Xbox 360.
Old 12-15-2019, 04:47 PM   #68
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

[Show spoiler]rsz_dscn5997.jpg

I already own an Xbox Series X console.
Actually, that is my router.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:22 PM   #69
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

This a pretty cool 3D model you can see how big it is compared to various other devices.

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/xbox...e705ae080ce9a3
Old 12-15-2019, 11:01 PM   #70

Jun 2018

So have they announced how backwards compatibility will work? Will it be as lame as it is now with needing constant internet connection or a digital purchase? Or will it be actual backwards compatible with being able to put in an XBOX 360 disc or XBOX One disc?
Old 12-16-2019, 03:18 AM   #71
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePreacher View Post
So have they announced how backwards compatibility will work? Will it be as lame as it is now with needing constant internet connection or a digital purchase? Or will it be actual backwards compatible with being able to put in an XBOX 360 disc or XBOX One disc?
Due to licensing, MS will Probably do the same thing they did with the Xbox One & micro-manage BC on a title to title basis.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:02 AM   #72

Jun 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Due to licensing, MS will Probably do the same thing they did with the Xbox One & micro-manage BC on a title to title basis.
Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. If that's the case, I will stick with the PS5.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:11 AM   #73
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. If that's the case, I will stick with the PS5.
I think there are a few hundred titles that are BC on Xbox One. How much more they add to the library & on a consistent basis with SX.. well have to wait & see.

MS really did a good job this generation with BC. Only bummer is they stopped supporting new BC titles on Xbox One.

Personally, I wont be able to purchase 2 consoles at $500 a pop next year before tax. My PS4 library is huge so Ill be getting PS5. Am curious though as to how many good exclusive games find their way onto MS SX only. If there are lots, Ill probably start saving for the inevitable slim variant.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:37 AM   #74
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2014

Quote:
Not sure about 360 games, that might be the same way it is now on the XB1. XB1 discs however I think will all be usable on the series X like normal.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:34 AM   #75
Power Member

Jul 2015
SoCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBlu-RayFan View Post

To say I'm pissed about this being exclusive to Series X (as someone who is only plays on Sony consoles and loves the original game) is an f**king understatement.
After looking up several articles, no one has credibly said Hellblade 2 will never be on the PS5 but it won't be on the PS4. I'll be sitting in my denial until there's some concrete answer because I really really want to play this game 110% because of Heilung and that trailer alone.

Unfortunately if it is confirmed to be a Series X exclusive until the end of time, I still won't buy this console. I don't own anything X-box and don't have the money to buy a console for only one game (plus I'm not a hard core gamer.) The aesthetic is a minor ding to the design compared to the huge impracticality of it's dimensions. I'm starved for space and have literally nowhere to put such a thing except on the floor where it'll collect all the dust. It won't fit amongst my shelves or on my desk where my TV is and would take up more space than both my PS3 and PS4 slims combined.

Guess for now I'll just have to watch 1080p gameplay of Hellblade 2 from some youtuber. Hopefully they won't have commentary.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:53 AM   #76
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
I think there are a few hundred titles that are BC on Xbox One. How much more they add to the library & on a consistent basis with SX.. well have to wait & see.

MS really did a good job this generation with BC. Only bummer is they stopped supporting new BC titles on Xbox One.

Personally, I wont be able to purchase 2 consoles at $500 a pop next year before tax. My PS4 library is huge so Ill be getting PS5. Am curious though as to how many good exclusive games find their way onto MS SX only. If there are lots, Ill probably start saving for the inevitable slim variant.
If you have a PC that can play games then PlayStation would definitely be the first choice as most if not all of MS studios first party games are on PC as well so if you were desperate to play a MS title you don't need to buy an xbox. This is assuming they continue the practice as they do now.

So PC and playstation will pretty much cover all of your bases so you don't miss out on any exclusives until such time as you decide to pick up an xbox.

This is what my plan is anyway, game pass ultimate is one of the best things ms has ever done its great playing those games on PC.

But you would also gave x cloud in which case you wouldn't even need to buy an xbox anyway but then it would depend on your ISP.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:57 AM   #77
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkRomanoff View Post
After looking up several articles, no one has credibly said Hellblade 2 will never be on the PS5 but it won't be on the PS4. I'll be sitting in my denial until there's some concrete answer because I really really want to play this game 110% because of Heilung and that trailer alone.

Unfortunately if it is confirmed to be a Series X exclusive until the end of time, I still won't buy this console. I don't own anything X-box and don't have the money to buy a console for only one game (plus I'm not a hard core gamer.) The aesthetic is a minor ding to the design compared to the huge impracticality of it's dimensions. I'm starved for space and have literally nowhere to put such a thing except on the floor where it'll collect all the dust. It won't fit amongst my shelves or on my desk where my TV is and would take up more space than both my PS3 and PS4 slims combined.

Guess for now I'll just have to watch 1080p gameplay of Hellblade 2 from some youtuber. Hopefully they won't have commentary.
MS own Ninja Theory they are now part of Xbox Game Studios so I think it's safe to say it's not coming to PS5.

That's not to say the only way to play it is buying an xbox though. There will be streaming options as well as PC so plenty of ways to play.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:13 AM   #78
Power Member

Jul 2015
SoCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
MS own Ninja Theory they are now part of Xbox Game Studios so I think it's safe to say it's not coming to PS5.

That's not to say the only way to play it is buying an xbox though. There will be streaming options as well as PC so plenty of ways to play.
I don't have a PC to game on, just a macbook pro, so it's gotta be on Playstation for me. Also my internet sucks so there's no way I'll be able to stream games anyways.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:43 AM   #79
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
If you have a PC that can play games then PlayStation would definitely be the first choice as most if not all of MS studios first party games are on PC as well so if you were desperate to play a MS title you don't need to buy an xbox. This is assuming they continue the practice as they do now.

So PC and playstation will pretty much cover all of your bases so you don't miss out on any exclusives until such time as you decide to pick up an xbox.

This is what my plan is anyway, game pass ultimate is one of the best things ms has ever done its great playing those games on PC.

But you would also gave x cloud in which case you wouldn't even need to buy an xbox anyway but then it would depend on your ISP.
Good points.

I dunno how MS will handle exclusives at launch. Id be surprised if they allow day & date exclusive launches across PC & SX.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:27 PM   #80
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
All Xbox 360/One Controllers should work with this.
That would be great. Given I am old (in gamer years), I am not as excited for a share button nor do I need a slightly smaller controller. I have large hands as it were, so the DUKE is like my fav controller of all time

Ok, maybe the DUKE is a tad big.....

And I am sorry, but if the look of the box ruins your day, ya need to get out more. I say that with the upmost respect. Fans are passionate, and I appreciate the look is very different for a console. If they give me the tower, I hope they make the Xbox Series X modular. I mean if it quacks like a duck...

I am not a fan of the PS4 box. But, they clearly should have gone larger for better heat venting. That thing sounds like a Jet most days. And the Xbox One X is super quiet, which my OCD loves.

Now, if I can get MS to do an Xbox Series X version to match the Master Chief controller they did around the launch of Halo 5, I'd preorder that one like now.

Last edited by Matt S; 12-16-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X