Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Star Trek: The Motion Picture 4K (Blu-ray)
$97.99
1 day ago
Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$125.99
1 day ago
Star Trek: The Motion Picture 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99
1 day ago
Bram Stoker's Dracula 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
Raging Bull 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Elvis 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
1 day ago
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
1 day ago
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
1 day ago
Everything Everywhere All At Once 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Okja 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Double Indemnity 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 05-21-2022, 11:06 PM   #27981

Sep 2019
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsteam View Post
Picked up American Hero on BD, Death Kiss on DVD, and the CD soundtracks for Speed Racer and Night at the Museum.

Has anyone seen the Blu for The Humanity Bureau lately? I see that it was included in a batch last year but I never found it. Not sure if it's been included again in recent batches.
I have a sealed copy for trade if you can't find it
Old 05-21-2022, 11:09 PM   #27982
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2015
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Frame View Post
I have a sealed copy for trade if you can't find it
I actually just bought a sealed slipcovered copy from Ebay for $5. Way cheaper than spending the gas to check every other DT within driving distance. Thanks for the offer though.
Old 05-21-2022, 11:24 PM   #27983

Jan 2021
MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluRayBandito View Post
Felt the same way about Deadtectives. Disappointing to read about CCB. I've been holding off on watching it, but thought it would be decent since it's a SF release and Harris is in it. Maybe I'll feel different about it.

I watched Cupid, and Uncork'd release, just a while ago. Don't waste your time.
Wait, they have movies at Dollar 25 Tree?

I keep meaning to do this as Uncork'd comes up every once in a while, in a negative light.

Here are some (all?) of the Uncork'd DVD's I felt were good enough to hang onto:

I especially loved Driven, The Ranger, and The Night Sitter. Driven is freaking stellar, though the horror element is kind of limited to the framework of the movie. What it lacks in scares or gore, it more than makes up for with cracking dialogue. The same group of people work on more movies together, and I went so far as to seek out other stuff by them. Apparently they don't want to be pigeonholed, and Driven was the best I saw. DT purchase.

Looking back on these, Nightmare Radio wasn't very good, but it is an anthology, so there must've been something in there I liked. Crawl or Die describes the entire premise. Stalled has the (very) limited location/limited cast thing I like so much, and does some clever zombie stuff. D-Railed I thought had an intriguing premise, but kind of veers off into a direction I didn't expect. I don't remember Getaway, but I kept it at the time.

In all fairness, I've seen equally as many bad Uncork'd movies. So, 50/50? That is horror for ya. Here's one I just watched the other night (pretty sure this is a DT purchase, I'd hate myself if I paid more than a dollar and change):

Ouch, I wasted an evening on this?

Mistake #1: This is a period piece. It is made abundantly clear that this task was far too much to take on. Or this filmmaker thought it'd be "cool," got lazy, and totally dropped the ball. Literally, they got some old cars, some old bicycles, and a s#!t-ton of typewriters. Yeah, nothing says 1979 like those 3 things. The music throughout is clearly modern (the one 70's song they got the rights to was from soft-as-a-baby's-butt rock schlocksters Bread, and even that song had to be butchered), some of the kids at school dress like pimps, and there are references to the 80's and 90's! Oh, why am I bothering?

They Reach is (almost) entirely populated by non-actors, striving to be B-level. The two young ladies show everyone up, as they are the sole enjoyable element of this mess (Mary Madaline Roe as Jessica, and Eden Campbell as Cheddar). They didn't even need the fat kid. And how this blubbery, D-grade acting, dork with braces is anyone's love interest, well, I can only guess that's modern, PC filmmaking. "All-inclusive." I was hoping to see Mary Madaline's face after having to make out with him in the DVD bloopers. To add insult to injury, at one stage of the movie, Cheddar vanishes. Then reappears briefly during a totally nonsensical ending. Baffling. She probably told her agent, "Get me the hell out of this movie."

It is competently lit and shot. Hey, I found another positive!

So there's this symbol related to a reel-to-reel recorder that feeds on blood and can open a "gate," doppelgangers are somehow an element, there are a bunch of evil hands, people get pulled under stuff, someone/thing pulls Jessica's sheets off, and the world's most idiotic dad spouts inanity and bad parenting. So, the girl gets blood on the recorder, and is subsequently marked, chosen, possessed, a sacrifice, or all of the above. If you can make sense of all this, well good for you.

Ohhhhh, "they reach." Yeah, that's a good one.
Thanks given by:
Major Bludd (05-25-2022), TheBluRayBandito (05-22-2022)
Old 05-21-2022, 11:48 PM   #27984

Jan 2021
MA

FTR, I was borderline-offended by Camp Cold Brook.

It's no wonder this guy's show got cancelled!

Jack's hosting a ghost hunting show on the brink of being cancelled. He and his irritable workers (Angela, Kevin, and Emma) arrive at Camp Cold Brook for one last hurrah, in an effort to earn another season.

All this movie did was leave me with a bunch of nagging questions. What does the "new girl" (Emma) do on the show (besides cop an attitude)? This is never established in the entire running time. Jack has done 3 seasons of Haunt Squad, and he says he hasn't seen anything? And they let him go 3 seasons? (Assuming he's a big phony?) I've watched a lot of these ghost hunting shows, and the majority of the time they come up with something interesting, and present it with some context and history, which offers intrigue. Why watch a ghost hunting show that can't find anything?? And how are they supposed to get this blockbuster show if they're not filming? WTF. They are supposedly "scouting the location" throughout this film. And it is thrilling watching them wander around. No sense of place, just random locations. In one rare instance, Angela gets out her camera. Then the ghosts only appear on her camera?? And she doesn't show it to anyone? Wouldn't this be great material for their comeback show? Hello?!

Where does everyone go at night if they're just scouting? (For that matter, where IS everyone half the time?) Wouldn't this be more effective in the daytime? How is every piece of paper they've got, crumpled up? What is with Kevin's hipster dufus hat? I absolutely loathed this character. He's like a long lost surly Franco brother. How did the sherrif find Jack's mom if she didn't leave any contact information? They're pulled over at the side of some random road! I LOL-ed when I saw Jack sitting in the hospital with his head bandaged up like a cartoon character. And last, but not least, how did Danielle Harris and Joe Dante get associated with this disaster?

Ok, this movie is about ghost hunters and we hardly see any ghost hunting. To make matters worse, they've apparently "solved" the problem of the small percentage of people who get motion sickness. They (by "they" I mean two of them, who actually filmed one scene a piece) carry around these mini Steadicams. So all the "found footage" is steady! IMHO, this makes it much less effective.

There is a discussion on here between the writer and the director as an extra. I flat-out disagreed with several things that were said. Then they showed the original opening. They opted to go the "re-enactment" route?! My entire experience with this Blu-ray was puzzling (and infuriating).

The scariest thing about this movie is when the audio goes out of sync for a couple minutes, around the hour mark. Literally, that scared me more than anything. This movie was so poorly conceived, shot, and edited, that I want to appeal to Amazon, to let me give this movie less than one star.
Old 05-22-2022, 12:04 AM   #27985
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2017
City of Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by walletboyniac View Post

Looking back on these, Nightmare Radio wasn't very good, but it is an anthology, so there must've been something in there I liked. Crawl or Die describes the entire premise. Stalled has the (very) limited location/limited cast thing I like so much, and does some clever zombie stuff. D-Railed I thought had an intriguing premise, but kind of veers off into a direction I didn't expect. I don't remember Getaway, but I kept it at the time.

I didn't like Night of Horror. It had some good makeup, but I didn't care for the shorts. I wish I picked up Ranger since it's a Shudder film. I had it in my hands, but Im pretty sure I saw the Uncork'd label on the side and put it back. Someone on here (maybe you) mentioned it was a Shudder release months later.
Old 05-22-2022, 05:30 PM   #27986
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by walletboyniac View Post

I keep meaning to do this as Uncork'd comes up every once in a while, in a negative light.
[Show spoiler]
Here are some (all?) of the Uncork'd DVD's I felt were good enough to hang onto:

I especially loved Driven, The Ranger, and The Night Sitter. Driven is freaking stellar, though the horror element is kind of limited to the framework of the movie. What it lacks in scares or gore, it more than makes up for with cracking dialogue. The same group of people work on more movies together, and I went so far as to seek out other stuff by them. Apparently they don't want to be pigeonholed, and Driven was the best I saw. DT purchase.

In all fairness, I've seen equally as many bad Uncork'd movies. So, 50/50? That is horror for ya. Here's one I just watched the other night (pretty sure this is a DT purchase, I'd hate myself if I paid more than a dollar and change):

Ouch, I wasted an evening on this?

Mistake #1: This is a period piece. It is made abundantly clear that this task was far too much to take on. Or this filmmaker thought it'd be "cool," got lazy, and totally dropped the ball. Literally, they got some old cars, some old bicycles, and a s#!t-ton of typewriters. Yeah, nothing says 1979 like those 3 things. The music throughout is clearly modern (the one 70's song they got the rights to was from soft-as-a-baby's-butt rock schlocksters Bread, and even that song had to be butchered), some of the kids at school dress like pimps, and there are references to the 80's and 90's! Oh, why am I bothering?

They Reach is (almost) entirely populated by non-actors, striving to be B-level. The two young ladies show everyone up, as they are the sole enjoyable element of this mess (Mary Madaline Roe as Jessica, and Eden Campbell as Cheddar). They didn't even need the fat kid. And how this blubbery, D-grade acting, dork with braces is anyone's love interest, well, I can only guess that's modern, PC filmmaking. "All-inclusive." I was hoping to see Mary Madaline's face after having to make out with him in the DVD bloopers. To add insult to injury, at one stage of the movie, Cheddar vanishes. Then reappears briefly during a totally nonsensical ending. Baffling. She probably told her agent, "Get me the hell out of this movie."

It is competently lit and shot. Hey, I found another positive!

So there's this symbol related to a reel-to-reel recorder that feeds on blood and can open a "gate," doppelgangers are somehow an element, there are a bunch of evil hands, people get pulled under stuff, someone/thing pulls Jessica's sheets off, and the world's most idiotic dad spouts inanity and bad parenting. So, the girl gets blood on the recorder, and is subsequently marked, chosen, possessed, a sacrifice, or all of the above. If you can make sense of all this, well good for you.

Ohhhhh, "they reach." Yeah, that's a good one.
Just to chime in on Uncork'd -- the ones I've watched that I thought were pretty good were Crying Wolf (sort of a British werewolf comedy) and The Jurassic Games (a mash-up of Hunger Games and Jurassic Park). I wasn't a fan of Stalled, though, as I just didn't think the comedy was very strong despite the interesting and creative premise.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:49 PM   #27987
Expert Member

Sep 2007

Stopped by a store yesterday and saw the Mexican release of One Direction: This Is Us. Not unusual and I've seen it before, except there was also one copy of the 3D blu-ray, which I picked up for completist purposes. I already had the U.S. 3D release, but for $1.25, why not?
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (05-23-2022), Spootnek (06-01-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 03:33 AM   #27988
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Stopped by today and picked up:

Been hoping to find Terminal for awhile now since it has a great cast. Left right on top of the pile facing up so looks like someone passed on the only copy left at my store.

Iím sure Everfall and Righteous Villains are going to suck but the covers look interesting enough for $1.25 a piece.

Disturbia is a nice bonus since I know thatís a good movie already.
Thanks given by:
Spootnek (06-01-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 10:18 PM   #27989
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2019

I dropped by the store closest to me and came across a couple of new DVDs I hadn't previously seen:

In Harm's Way is from Shout Factory.

I mostly grabbed the Legends Drive-In Theater one because it mentioned classic additions such as pre-show shorts, intermission, notes from management, etc.

Also found a couple of books:

Cursed by Thomas Wheeler and Frank Miller (hardcover - which I've been looking for)
Titanic and the Making of James Cameron (paperback)
Start to Finish: Woody Allen and the Art of Moviemaking (hardcover)
Thanks given by:
Garp (05-25-2022), G_MOVIES (05-25-2022), Spootnek (06-01-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 01:56 PM   #27990
Blu-ray Baron

May 2015

I went to a store I hadn't ever been to yesterday and found some decent stuff.

-A 3 disc DVD Steelbook of "Dane Cook's Tourgasm". It has a lot of features.

-"Survivor" which has to have one of the most stacked casts of any Echo Bridge release. This movie was originally released by Alchemy, which I just realized I purchased from Dollar Tree back in 2018.

-"Blue Jasmine" comes with a digital copy.

Thanks given by:
BunyipPouch (05-27-2022), meree (05-27-2022), MovieMode (05-26-2022), slowdive (05-26-2022), Spootnek (06-01-2022), Zhuge1 (05-26-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 02:17 PM   #27991
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Noodle View Post
On another errand and ended up near a store so wandered in. Solar Lights poster in the window, but movies were in the front bin. Stopped at another store heading home and they also had movies up front. Ended up with 2 blind buys from the lovely Echo Bridge that actually have OK IMDb ratings:

The Devil's Machine is actually pretty decent, maybe I'm bias since it was a Kickstarter film I backed (along with most of the Scottish director's other projects). That cover is bad though. I have the UK edition which has a cover that is more inline with the film. I almost grabbed it thinking it was a completely different movie, fortunately I looked at the back and recognized it.

Thanks given by:
Crispy Noodle (05-29-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 03:15 PM   #27992

Nov 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmbuffTX View Post
I went to a store I hadn't ever been to yesterday and found some decent stuff.

-A 3 disc DVD Steelbook of "Dane Cook's Tourgasm". It has a lot of features.

-"Survivor" which has to have one of the most stacked casts of any Echo Bridge release. This movie was originally released by Alchemy, which I just realized I purchased from Dollar Tree back in 2018.

-"Blue Jasmine" comes with a digital copy.

If I found a copy of Dane Cook's Tourgasm, it would discourage me from ever returning to that store....
Thanks given by:
ihaveblink (05-27-2022), jupiterhill (05-26-2022), Leonidas King (05-26-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 05:45 PM   #27993
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Texas
-
-
-
-
-

Went to Dollar Tree today and bought:

Thanks given by:
Spootnek (06-01-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 09:09 AM   #27994
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2017
City of Angels

Trash movie. Had potential to be something decent, but the execution failed. Save your money. Lt. Daniels was wasted too.
Old 05-28-2022, 12:06 AM   #27995
Power Member

Dec 2012

Found a Spanish copy of Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Thanks given by:
Spootnek (06-01-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 12:18 AM   #27996
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2011

No good movies at my alternate DT, but found the soundtrack CDs for Eagle Eye (Brian Tyler) and Night At The Museum (Alan Silvestri). There was also a copy of Michael Giacchino's Speed Racer, but I already own that (and the jewel case was smashed).
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (05-28-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 01:04 AM   #27997
Power Member

Mar 2012

I found The East on Blu not sure its been spotted before but happy to find.
Thanks given by:
hiraeth (05-28-2022), Spootnek (06-01-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 04:48 AM   #27998
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluRayBandito View Post

Trash movie. Had potential to be something decent, but the execution failed. Save your money. Lt. Daniels was wasted too.
I paid $6 for this after picking it up from Hamilton Books in January of this year and thought it was absolutely worth that price... For $1.25 I'd argue it's one of the best things I've seen for sale at Dollar Tree. It may not reinvent the wheel but I was thoroughly entertained and would say if anyone see's it, it's so worth picking up.
Thanks given by:
jmb1381 (05-28-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 05:55 AM   #27999
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2017
City of Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
I paid $6 for this after picking it up from Hamilton Books in January of this year and thought it was absolutely worth that price... For $1.25 I'd argue it's one of the best things I've seen for sale at Dollar Tree. It may not reinvent the wheel but I was thoroughly entertained and would say if anyone see's it, it's so worth picking up.
It takes until the midpoint for something interesting to happen; that's about 40 minutes and too long for any horror film to take. The 3 "protagonists" weren't worth a damn. I will say the villain family was okay, especially the psycho brother. If I paid 6 bucks for it I'd feel ripped off. The 2 1/2 star review on here is generous and I'm really surprised a lot of reviews gave it a positive review. Forgettable film imo.
Old 05-28-2022, 03:25 PM   #28000

Mar 2017
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman22 View Post
Went to Dollar Tree today and bought:

I got this recently and when I went to catalog it later I found out that I bought the 2009 WB version from Dollar Tree in the past. I haven't looked into which is the better version yet.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals