Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
The Blob (Blu-ray)
£9.99
5 hrs ago
Punch-Drunk Love (Blu-ray)
£9.99
4 hrs ago
John Ford at Columbia, 1935-1958 (Blu-ray)
£50.00
19 hrs ago
Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£39.94
4 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
£99.99
8 hrs ago
The Vengeance Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£23.98

Seven Worlds, One Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
£23.99

Good Omens (Blu-ray)
£17.90

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Blu-ray)
£9.94

Westworld: Season One - The Maze (Blu-ray)
£12.79
4 hrs ago
Westworld: Seasons 1-2 (Blu-ray)
£26.38
4 hrs ago
Spider-Man: 2-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£25.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 06-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-
-
United Kingdom Watchmen (Ultimate Cut)

anyone know if this will come out over here? its ridiculously priced to purchase from U.S i really want it.

Last edited by BigNickUK; 10-25-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2011
Reading, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadelf View Post
anyone know if this will come out over here? its ridiculously priced to purchase from U.S i really want it.
dont we all

I doubt it seeing as though watchmen has already been released on blu ray in the uk and the play.com steelbook is being released end of this year sometime
Old 06-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJez View Post
dont we all

I doubt it seeing as though watchmen has already been released on blu ray in the uk and the play.com steelbook is being released end of this year sometime
that sucks, so no way of getting the edition i want, ill avoid buying it alltogether then.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #4

Sep 2010

You mean the version with the Black Freighter stuff incorporated into the movie? The really long one? Yeah, I doubt it'll happen now. I had to import it at the time, really nice set if you can find it for a good price. It's a shame when stuff like this doesn't get a worldwide release.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2011
Reading, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryweirdguy View Post
You mean the version with the Black Freighter stuff incorporated into the movie? The really long one? Yeah, I doubt it'll happen now. I had to import it at the time, really nice set if you can find it for a good price. It's a shame when stuff like this doesn't get a worldwide release.
its $190 on amazon.com brand new lol i doubt you will ever find it now below $100 used
Old 06-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
its $190 on amazon.com brand new lol i doubt you will ever find it now below $100 used
Its $124.99 at Bluraysforeveryone, still expensive but much cheaper than Amazon

How much did it originally retail for?
Old 06-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2011
Reading, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
Its $124.99 at Bluraysforeveryone, still expensive but much cheaper than Amazon

How much did it originally retail for?
$29.99 i believe lol
Old 06-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
$29.99 i believe lol
Warner Bros. were selling it direct a few months back for $48. I think due to it been released by Paramount over here we're stuffed. But that doesn't explain why we didn't get Blade Runner.

Massive middle finger to UK audiences who'd love to own it.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-
-
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
Warner Bros. were selling it direct a few months back for $48. I think due to it been released by Paramount over here we're stuffed. But that doesn't explain why we didn't get Blade Runner.

Massive middle finger to UK audiences who'd love to own it.
my thoughts exactly im sure there are lots of people who would buy that set in the uk if released here
Old 06-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Gravity Falls

Yeah, and we all know how much Paramount LOVES to screw over their European customers...
Old 06-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-
-

out of interest if you bought the two seperate releases...directors cut and animated film do you get all the same stuff extra's wise? i still wont buy them but its good to know.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #12

Jun 2012

I have them both so I will have a wee look at some point and see if there is more stuff. From the top of my head I think there is quite a bit more stuff in the Ultimate one. But then I don't own the Black Freighter on its own. Though I seriously recommend the region 1 Directors Cut for the Maximum Movie Mode. It is fantastic!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #13

Jan 2010

First off, I'm guessing that the live action stuff with the guy reading the Black Freighter comic by the newstand can only be part of the UC?

I ended up buying the DC, TC & Black Freighter on Blu, and picked up the SD set of the UC as it was (and still is) cheap. If you are mainly interested in the movie in its UC form, I think the SD set is currently a nice and affordable option.

Oh, and I haven't tried the Maximum Movie Mode on the DC yet - must do that!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza001 View Post
First off, I'm guessing that the live action stuff with the guy reading the Black Freighter comic by the newstand can only be part of the UC?

I ended up buying the DC, TC & Black Freighter on Blu, and picked up the SD set of the UC as it was (and still is) cheap. If you are mainly interested in the movie in its UC form, I think the SD set is currently a nice and affordable option.

Thanks for the info

alas i really dont wand an SD version, as have been getting rid of all my dvds, its just frusturating that we cant get hold of the blu! its perplexing seeing as the movie was popular. I know a lot of people that wanted it on blu but missed it at time.

really feels like we got turned over here in the UK
Old 06-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
Scotland, UK

Quote:

That's what I'll probably end up going for, to go along with my Directors Cut blu. At this stage, the blu-ray Ultimate Cut just isn't an option.

Last edited by DaveSimonH; 06-28-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #16

Jun 2012

Quote:

The DC version is 186 minutes long and the UC is 215 minutes long. Taking away The Black Freighter at 26 minutes long there is about 3 minutes of extra stuff the UC has. That is basically just a scene linking the Watchmen into the comic via the guy reading it. So you aren't missing a great deal.

The reason I got the DC version as well is mainly because of the MMM. As I said above this is one of the best special features I have ever seen, and they did the same with Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, with RDJ taking you through the film. It gives a whole new dimension to viewing the film, and the one to one feel makes it so much more interesting.

The UC doesn't include this so that is where it is lacking. It does have everything else though. But if you have the DC, TC, Black Freighter and the motion comic on Blu Ray then you have everything that is in the UC so there isn't much point in trying to buy it.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #17

Jun 2012

Also there is an audio commentary from Snyder that is specific for the UC as it talks about the insertion of the animation. But it is nothing like the MMM that is on the DC so doesn't really matter
Old 06-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-
-

you get the entire full motion comic with ultimate cut???
Old 06-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2011
Reading, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadelf View Post
you get the entire full motion comic with ultimate cut???
yes,

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Watch...y/6269/#Review
Old 06-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-
-

so if you had the UC all you are missing is the MMM, its a no brainer UC all the way, shame we will never get it
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland