Best TV Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
The Good Place: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$50.31
 
Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99
 
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$34.03
21 hrs ago
Police Squad!: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$17.99
15 hrs ago
The Twilight Zone: Season One (Blu-ray)
$37.99
 
The Return of Ultraman (Blu-ray)
$24.99
10 hrs ago
Dragon Ball Z: Seasons 1-9 Collection (Blu-ray)
$123.49
 
FLCL: Progressive / Alternative (Blu-ray)
$33.99
21 hrs ago
Attack on Titan: Season 3, Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Season One, Part 02 (Blu-ray)
$33.42
 
The Beast and the Magic Sword (Blu-ray)
$17.99
22 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > TV Polls


View Poll Results: Favorite Power Ranger Series?
Mighty Morphin 81 85.26%
Zeo 0 0%
Turbo 0 0%
In Space 8 8.42%
Lost Galaxy 0 0%
Lightspeed Rescue 1 1.05%
Time Force 1 1.05%
Wild Force 0 0%
Ninja Storm 1 1.05%
Dino Thunder 1 1.05%
S.P.D 0 0%
Mystic Force 1 1.05%
Operation Overdrive 0 0%
Jungle Fury 0 0%
RPM 1 1.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #41
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner2007 View Post
New Ranger Team = New Origin Story

I think I read somewhere that Saban is going to stick very close to Shinkenger, so the origin story will be more or less the same. Which is good imo. Shinkenger has a great story.
Yeah that's what I heard they are sticking very close to it. Did the japan series ever have a Bulk character? Would be cool if they did and would have to try and get some clips.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:10 PM   #42
BladeRunner2007 BladeRunner2007 is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
BladeRunner2007's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Germany
1
823
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Yeah that's what I heard they are sticking very close to it. Did the japan series ever have a Bulk character? Would be cool if they did and would have to try and get some clips.
Nope, it was pretty 'mature'. But Bulk is always a WIN, at least in PR
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #43
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner2007 View Post
Nope, it was pretty 'mature'. But Bulk is always a WIN, at least in PR
Yeah I love Bulk and happy that he's back. Not sure I really like his nephew though or just his voice when he was laughing made me think of that awful Fred kid and his voice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #44
BladeRunner2007 BladeRunner2007 is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
BladeRunner2007's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Germany
1
823
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Yeah I love Bulk and happy that he's back. Not sure I really like his nephew though or just his voice when he was laughing made me think of that awful Fred kid and his voice.
I think Saban tried to get Skull back as well, but it didn't work out. So they cast someone who kinda looks/sounds/talks/laughs like him. So they made him Bulk's nephew. I think he is a pretty bad impersonator though. Nothing beats the original Skull haha
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #45
Batman1980 Batman1980 is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
125
371
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Yeah I love Bulk and happy that he's back. Not sure I really like his nephew though or just his voice when he was laughing made me think of that awful Fred kid and his voice.
Amy Jo Johnson will always be my favourite Ranger and I can't believe it's been almost 18 years since the first show premiered.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #46
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner2007 View Post
I think Saban tried to get Skull back as well, but it didn't work out. So they cast someone who kinda looks/sounds/talks/laughs like him. So they made him Bulk's nephew. I think he is a pretty bad impersonator though. Nothing beats the original Skull haha
Yeah that would have been cool if they had gotten Skull back. I wonder if Bulk's going to meet the new rangers and talk about how he knew the old rangers and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
Amy Jo Johnson will always be my favourite Ranger and I can't believe it's been almost 18 years since the first show premiered.
Yeah I think they are trying to make the yellow ranger the new Amy Jo but like you said she will always be one of my favorites.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #47
BladeRunner2007 BladeRunner2007 is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
BladeRunner2007's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Germany
1
823
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Yeah that would have been cool if they had gotten Skull back. I wonder if Bulk's going to meet the new rangers and talk about how he knew the old rangers and what not.
I'm pretty sure that'll happen. Maybe Bulk wants to find out their true identities like he did in MMPR2 haha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #48
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner2007 View Post
I'm pretty sure that'll happen. Maybe Bulk wants to find out their true identities like he did in MMPR2 haha.
Yeah that would be cool. Would be even cooler if Bulk was to become the
[Show spoiler]6th ranger
but it's never going to happen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:04 AM   #49
Batman1980 Batman1980 is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
125
371
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Yeah that would be cool. Would be even cooler if Bulk was to become the
[Show spoiler]6th ranger
but it's never going to happen.
Is there going to be a 6th ranger? I miss the days when one Ranger's Zord was so big it could fight the bigger bosses by itself, was surprised at how small the green ranger's Zord turned out to be.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:14 AM   #50
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
Is there going to be a 6th ranger? I miss the days when one Ranger's Zord was so big it could fight the bigger bosses by itself, was surprised at how small the green ranger's Zord turned out to be.
[Show spoiler]Yeah in the sales video they announced that a 6th gold ranger will be joining them later in the season.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:42 AM   #51
Batman1980 Batman1980 is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
125
371
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
[Show spoiler]Yeah in the sales video they announced that a 6th gold ranger will be joining them later in the season.
I do think it's odd that they're waiting,
[Show spoiler]maybe it'll be a former Ranger from another series, that would make a bit more sense than just calling up a new Ranger.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #52
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
I do think it's odd that they're waiting,
[Show spoiler]maybe it'll be a former Ranger from another series, that would make a bit more sense than just calling up a new Ranger.
They have been doing this for awhile getting a new ranger mid season but usually someone that we already know and not just some random dude.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:41 AM   #53
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Looks like ratings were good for the premier and hopefully stay good once it moves to it's Sunday afternoon time slot.

http://twitter.com/travisyanan/status/35140858932101120
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:52 AM   #54
Batman1980 Batman1980 is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
125
371
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Looks like ratings were good for the premier and hopefully stay good once it moves to it's Sunday afternoon time slot.

http://twitter.com/travisyanan/status/35140858932101120
Think it's odd and weak that they moved the time slot one week after the premiere, will confuse more than a few people who wanted to watch it, I imagine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:48 AM   #55
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
Think it's odd and weak that they moved the time slot one week after the premiere, will confuse more than a few people who wanted to watch it, I imagine.
Yeah but they keep airing all these promos announcing the move so hopefully a lot of people see it and still tune in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #56
BladeRunner2007 BladeRunner2007 is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
BladeRunner2007's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Germany
1
823
3
Default

I think we'll get the origin story in episode 3 and here is why:



Note: it was switched intentionally by Nick and Saban!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #57
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner2007 View Post
I think we'll get the origin story in episode 3 and here is why:



Note: it was switched intentionally by Nick and Saban!
That's cool and weird why Nick and Saban wanted to do that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #58
AutomaticDriver AutomaticDriver is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2008
USA
227
490
55
1
Default

Well, Yesterday, I watched the Season premier. I thought it was pretty good. I just dont like Bulks' cousin. He seems very annoying.

Im going to try to make sure I continue watching this season. I havent watched a season of power rangers since(in space or Lost Galaxy, cant remember when I stopped).

One reason why I stopped. I thought I was too old to still be watching Power Rangers. But figured, that you can never get too old to watch your favorite shows from the past(even if they still have new seasons comming out).

BTW: Does anybody know how old the person who plays the yellow ranger is? She looks like she is 22-23. But I am really bad at guessing ages.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:00 AM   #59
BladeRunner2007 BladeRunner2007 is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
BladeRunner2007's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Germany
1
823
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DForLife View Post
Well, Yesterday, I watched the Season premier. I thought it was pretty good. I just dont like Bulks' cousin. He seems very annoying.
Can't really say that I hated him but, I didn't like him either. I hope he'll grow on me soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DForLife View Post
Im going to try to make sure I continue watching this season. I havent watched a season of power rangers since(in space or Lost Galaxy, cant remember when I stopped).
I'll try to watch the entire season, too. I also stopped after In Space. But I watched Time Force a few years ago on DVD. I liked it a lot. Saban's last season was great. I hope Samurai will be just as good. Very glad Saban bought the rights back from Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DForLife View Post
One reason why I stopped. I thought I was too old to still be watching Power Rangers. But figured, that you can never get too old to watch your favorite shows from the past(even if they still have new seasons comming out).
I agree, you can never be too old to watch your favorite tv series or movies. But the main reason why I stopped was because Lost Galaxy sucked imo, and I quickly lost interest. But now I'm ready for Samurai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DForLife View Post
BTW: Does anybody know how old the person who plays the yellow ranger is? She looks like she is 22-23. But I am really bad at guessing ages.
I don't know, sorry. But I'd say she's in her early 20s. The one thing I know for sure is, that she is hot

Can't wait to see episode 2 of Samurai. I hope you guys watch it too, so we can discuss it
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #60
twinkie twinkie is offline
Expert Member
 
twinkie's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Montreal, Blu-Ray Steelbooks™: 21
85
1
Default

the original is still my favorite. and i like the fact that it doesn't take them forever to morph
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > TV Polls


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:35 PM.