Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$33.28

Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$18.33
12 hrs ago
The Good Place: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$50.31

Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99

The Return of Ultraman (Blu-ray)
$24.99

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Season One, Part 02 (Blu-ray)
$33.87

FLCL: Progressive / Alternative (Blu-ray)
$33.99

The Twilight Zone: Season One (Blu-ray)
$37.99

Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$107.10

Attack on Titan: Season 3, Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Million Arthur: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$48.49
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > TV Polls

View Poll Results: Friends vs Seinfeld
Friends 149 34.57%
Seinfeld 282 65.43%
Voters: 431. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Sherwood Forest

Seinfeld
Old 11-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011
Scotland

Friends!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Canada

Both are fantastic shows but Seinfeld for me. I still watch the reruns when ever they are one.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:23 AM   #24
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
PA

I find both funny but Seinfeld is more of my humor. I just started watching Friends again, I haven't watched it in years
Old 12-01-2011, 06:38 AM   #25

Oct 2010

Friends. Seinfeld is merely "okay" in my opinion.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #26
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
Alaska

Didn't everyone on friends sleep with each other at some point, the show could've done without the soap.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:56 AM   #27

Jan 2011
Michigan

I've seen probably 50-60% of the Seinfeld series. One day I plan on watching the entire series.

Friends, I've seen maybe 10-20 episodes.

I like Seinfeld better.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:11 AM   #28

Dec 2011

I still think Friends is one of the most overrated shows to ever air on TV.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #29
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Seinfeld is probably the funniest comedy series of all time, while Friends was just a solid comedy that ran for many years. There are literally dozens of shows as funny as Friends in the history of television.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #30

Jan 2009
Montréal, QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
To me, Friends was just your mediocre to average, bubble gum sit-com aimed at the tween to soon to be out of high school girl crowd. Typical crap.
Granted Seinfeld seem to be a more mature and smarter show, but I don't agree that Friends was an mediocre to average and bubble gum sitcom. It is not high intellect, but was still well written and to me consistently funny. I understand the the respect Seinfeld receives, but I never got into it. Sitcoms that I consider mediocre to average and bubble gum are That '70s Show and The Big Bang Theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Seinfeld is probably the funniest comedy series of all time, while Friends was just a solid comedy that ran for many years. There are literally dozens of shows as funny as Friends in the history of television.
Please name those 12 shows.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara

Seinfeld

Seinfeld is funnier by far. Friends is for girls and girly guys
Old 12-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #32
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
Granted Seinfeld seem to be a more mature and smarter show, but I don't agree that Friends was an mediocre to average and bubble gum sitcom. It is not high intellect, but was still well written and to me consistently funny. I understand the the respect Seinfeld receives, but I never got into it. Sitcoms that I consider mediocre to average and bubble gum are That '70s Show and The Big Bang Theory.

Please name those 12 shows.
Without even thinking too hard...

The Simpsons
Cheers
I Love Lucy
Married With Children
MASH
The Bob Newhart Show
Arrested Development
The Larry Sanders Show
The Cosby Show
Sanford and Son
South Park

Friends is a very good show that happened to have a great-looking female cast, which sets it apart from other comedies.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:07 AM   #33

May 2009
New Zealand

Friends.

It has been on non stop here, once the series finishes, it goes back to the start, yet I still watch it.

Ross and Monica are brilliant.. Ross was quite dull in the first couple of seasons, but once he dropped the real mopey character a bit, he really got into it. Favorite episodes would probably be when Ross meets Bruce Willis, so funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
Didn't everyone on friends sleep with each other at some point, the show could've done without the soap.
Not quite,

Ross + Rachel
Chandler + Monica

Rachel almost slept with Joey, but they couldn't go through with it.

Chandler made out with Rachel in the 90s (or 80s?), Ross made out with Monica in the same episode (thinking it was Rachel).

In an alternate universe, Joey was married to Monica once..

Last edited by LordCrumb; 12-11-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:00 AM   #34
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Club Loop

Seinfeld, by far, for me.

Friends, which i'm actually watching the entire series in order for the first time currently (2 seasons in), is simply "good" but nothing more in my book.

i've probably seen every episode already since TBS airs about 15 freaking hours of Friends a day (no show should air that much a day) but my biggest issue with Friends is (like others have said probably) it's just the same type of stuff over and over again. a bit above average writing and some chuckle worthy moments mixed in with the laugh out loud laughs of Chandler and Ross, which imo, are the anchors of the show which made it as great as it is. without them, my god i don't think i'd even be able to watch the show!

Chandler is still one of my favorite characters from a comedy series.

but far too many episodes are at best. not a great series, barely a good one really, and one that, again imo, overstayed its welcome.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #35
Expert Member

Jan 2011
The windy burbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Friends is my favorite comedy series of all time but I could never get into Seinfeld not sure why as I do think Seinfeld is funny but maybe it's the rest of the cast.
Seinfeld is one of my favorite comedy series but I could never get into Friends not sure why...
Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #36
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Ugh, Friends by a mile! Seinfeld is so overrated. Everybody knows Kramer carried the show!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #37
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Bond View Post
Ugh, Friends by a mile! Seinfeld is so overrated. Everybody knows Kramer carried the show!
each character held their own weight but if you had too choose one lead.... it was George....

[Show spoiler]Happy Festivus to all!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #38
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam1bearcat View Post
Seinfeld, by far, for me.

Friends, which i'm actually watching the entire series in order for the first time currently (2 seasons in), is simply "good" but nothing more in my book.

i've probably seen every episode already since TBS airs about 15 freaking hours of Friends a day (no show should air that much a day) but my biggest issue with Friends is (like others have said probably) it's just the same type of stuff over and over again. a bit above average writing and some chuckle worthy moments mixed in with the laugh out loud laughs of Chandler and Ross, which imo, are the anchors of the show which made it as great as it is. without them, my god i don't think i'd even be able to watch the show!

Chandler is still one of my favorite characters from a comedy series.

but far too many episodes are at best. not a great series, barely a good one really, and one that, again imo, overstayed its welcome.
i agree with most of what you said....Chandler is by far the best character...i think that is becuase he is the only character that seems like it could be a real person...everyone else is so over the top....monica may be the exception too i guess....

I think Friends is more geared towards women....i come home everyday from work and my girlfriend is watching it...ill watch it with her for a bit and i do find myself laughing at some parts but overall its kind of corny comedy....

but hey, its considered one of the best sitcoms of all time, so i guess theyre doin something right
Old 12-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #39
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacit170 View Post
each character held their own weight but if you had too choose one lead.... it was George....

[Show spoiler]Happy Festivus to all!
Costanza is a Legend his logic is profound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacit170 View Post
i agree with most of what you said....Chandler is by far the best character...i think that is becuase he is the only character that seems like it could be a real person...everyone else is so over the top....monica may be the exception too i guess....

I think Friends is more geared towards women....i come home everyday from work and my girlfriend is watching it...ill watch it with her for a bit and i do find myself laughing at some parts but overall its kind of corny comedy....

but hey, its considered one of the best sitcoms of all time, so i guess theyre doin something right

This....Friends is for woman
Old 12-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #40

Dec 2011
Boston

Seinfeld is by far one of the best comedies in the history of television. The one who carried that show was LARRY DAVID. Without him that show would have been nothing. Maybe that's my Curb is one of the best comedy series out now.

I really like Friends as well, there are a lot of things to like about this show. But it doesn't come close to comparing with Seinfeld. Friends was simple minded comedy show. It's comedy you don't need to really think about; they just do and say funny things that you understand quick.

Seinfeld is smart humor, I would say very smart humor. There is a lot of sarcasm and references that goes over a lot of peoples heads. I know this because my friends laugh their heads off at simply minded comedy like Fresh Prince of Bel-Air... Don't get me wrong I like FPoBA but laughing as hard as they do at that show and not finding anything funny about Seinfeld proves my theory.

I've found myself laughing so hard watching Seinfeld episodes that my back starts to hurt and I have trouble breathing.

Quote:
The Simpsons
Cheers
I Love Lucy
Married With Children
MASH
The Bob Newhart Show
Arrested Development
The Larry Sanders Show
The Cosby Show
Sanford and Son
South Park
I would like to add to this list. As funny or funnier.

The Office
The Drew Carey Show(wish this series came out on DVD, hope it comes out on blu-ray)
Modern Family
Home Improvement
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Entourage
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Family Guy(early seasons)
Big Bang Theory
Growing Pains
Step by Step
Malcolm in the Middle

I could go on.

Anyways, they both have their place in comedy history. But in my opinion Seinfeld comes out on top.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > TV Polls