Best TV Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$33.28
 
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$18.33
12 hrs ago
The Good Place: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$50.31
 
Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99
 
The Return of Ultraman (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Season One, Part 02 (Blu-ray)
$33.87
 
FLCL: Progressive / Alternative (Blu-ray)
$33.99
 
The Twilight Zone: Season One (Blu-ray)
$37.99
 
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$107.10
 
Attack on Titan: Season 3, Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Million Arthur: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$48.49
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > TV Polls


View Poll Results: Friends vs Seinfeld
Friends 149 34.57%
Seinfeld 282 65.43%
Voters: 431. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #21
arcadeforest arcadeforest is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
arcadeforest's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Sherwood Forest
917
54
92
3
Default

Seinfeld
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #22
Groge511 Groge511 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Groge511's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Scotland
175
31
526
330
33
2
7
Default

Friends!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #23
-RONIN- -RONIN- is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
-RONIN-'s Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Canada
151
8
9
Default

Both are fantastic shows but Seinfeld for me. I still watch the reruns when ever they are one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:23 AM   #24
hardtosayx hardtosayx is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
hardtosayx's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
PA
9
1455
88
51
Default

I find both funny but Seinfeld is more of my humor. I just started watching Friends again, I haven't watched it in years
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:38 AM   #25
JB1986 JB1986 is offline
Active Member
 
JB1986's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
278
179
1
Default

Friends. Seinfeld is merely "okay" in my opinion.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #26
Falaskan Falaskan is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Falaskan's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
Alaska
274
60
1
44
Default

Didn't everyone on friends sleep with each other at some point, the show could've done without the soap.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:56 AM   #27
djgeneral djgeneral is offline
Moderator
 
djgeneral's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Michigan
603
239
9
154
Default

I've seen probably 50-60% of the Seinfeld series. One day I plan on watching the entire series.

Friends, I've seen maybe 10-20 episodes.

I like Seinfeld better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:11 AM   #28
Madman Marz Madman Marz is offline
Active Member
 
Madman Marz's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Default

I still think Friends is one of the most overrated shows to ever air on TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #29
Clark Kent Clark Kent is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Clark Kent's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Metropolis
2
178
Default

Seinfeld is probably the funniest comedy series of all time, while Friends was just a solid comedy that ran for many years. There are literally dozens of shows as funny as Friends in the history of television.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #30
Canuck21 Canuck21 is offline
Senior Member
 
Canuck21's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Montréal, QC
191
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
To me, Friends was just your mediocre to average, bubble gum sit-com aimed at the tween to soon to be out of high school girl crowd. Typical crap.
Granted Seinfeld seem to be a more mature and smarter show, but I don't agree that Friends was an mediocre to average and bubble gum sitcom. It is not high intellect, but was still well written and to me consistently funny. I understand the the respect Seinfeld receives, but I never got into it. Sitcoms that I consider mediocre to average and bubble gum are That '70s Show and The Big Bang Theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Seinfeld is probably the funniest comedy series of all time, while Friends was just a solid comedy that ran for many years. There are literally dozens of shows as funny as Friends in the history of television.
Please name those 12 shows.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #31
Bageara Bageara is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Bageara's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara
162
4
Default

Seinfeld

Seinfeld is funnier by far. Friends is for girls and girly guys
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #32
Clark Kent Clark Kent is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Clark Kent's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Metropolis
2
178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
Granted Seinfeld seem to be a more mature and smarter show, but I don't agree that Friends was an mediocre to average and bubble gum sitcom. It is not high intellect, but was still well written and to me consistently funny. I understand the the respect Seinfeld receives, but I never got into it. Sitcoms that I consider mediocre to average and bubble gum are That '70s Show and The Big Bang Theory.


Please name those 12 shows.
Without even thinking too hard...

The Simpsons
Cheers
I Love Lucy
Married With Children
MASH
The Bob Newhart Show
Arrested Development
The Larry Sanders Show
The Cosby Show
Sanford and Son
South Park

Friends is a very good show that happened to have a great-looking female cast, which sets it apart from other comedies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:07 AM   #33
LordCrumb LordCrumb is offline
Moderator
 
LordCrumb's Avatar
 
May 2009
New Zealand
4
322
2898
109
12
67
Default

Friends.

It has been on non stop here, once the series finishes, it goes back to the start, yet I still watch it.

Ross and Monica are brilliant.. Ross was quite dull in the first couple of seasons, but once he dropped the real mopey character a bit, he really got into it. Favorite episodes would probably be when Ross meets Bruce Willis, so funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
Didn't everyone on friends sleep with each other at some point, the show could've done without the soap.
Not quite,

Ross + Rachel
Chandler + Monica

Rachel almost slept with Joey, but they couldn't go through with it.

Chandler made out with Rachel in the 90s (or 80s?), Ross made out with Monica in the same episode (thinking it was Rachel).

In an alternate universe, Joey was married to Monica once..

Last edited by LordCrumb; 12-11-2011 at 03:11 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:00 AM   #34
iam1bearcat iam1bearcat is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
iam1bearcat's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Club Loop
7
54
28
29
Default

Seinfeld, by far, for me.

Friends, which i'm actually watching the entire series in order for the first time currently (2 seasons in), is simply "good" but nothing more in my book.

i've probably seen every episode already since TBS airs about 15 freaking hours of Friends a day (no show should air that much a day) but my biggest issue with Friends is (like others have said probably) it's just the same type of stuff over and over again. a bit above average writing and some chuckle worthy moments mixed in with the laugh out loud laughs of Chandler and Ross, which imo, are the anchors of the show which made it as great as it is. without them, my god i don't think i'd even be able to watch the show!

Chandler is still one of my favorite characters from a comedy series.

but far too many episodes are at best. not a great series, barely a good one really, and one that, again imo, overstayed its welcome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #35
Tibor Lugosi Tibor Lugosi is offline
Expert Member
 
Tibor Lugosi's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
The windy burbs
31
1627
129
49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Friends is my favorite comedy series of all time but I could never get into Seinfeld not sure why as I do think Seinfeld is funny but maybe it's the rest of the cast.
Seinfeld is one of my favorite comedy series but I could never get into Friends not sure why...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #36
Agent Bond Agent Bond is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota
217
33
3
Default

Ugh, Friends by a mile! Seinfeld is so overrated. Everybody knows Kramer carried the show!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #37
Lacit170 Lacit170 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lacit170's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
CT
3
506
217
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Bond View Post
Ugh, Friends by a mile! Seinfeld is so overrated. Everybody knows Kramer carried the show!
each character held their own weight but if you had too choose one lead.... it was George....


[Show spoiler]Happy Festivus to all!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #38
Lacit170 Lacit170 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lacit170's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
CT
3
506
217
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam1bearcat View Post
Seinfeld, by far, for me.

Friends, which i'm actually watching the entire series in order for the first time currently (2 seasons in), is simply "good" but nothing more in my book.

i've probably seen every episode already since TBS airs about 15 freaking hours of Friends a day (no show should air that much a day) but my biggest issue with Friends is (like others have said probably) it's just the same type of stuff over and over again. a bit above average writing and some chuckle worthy moments mixed in with the laugh out loud laughs of Chandler and Ross, which imo, are the anchors of the show which made it as great as it is. without them, my god i don't think i'd even be able to watch the show!

Chandler is still one of my favorite characters from a comedy series.

but far too many episodes are at best. not a great series, barely a good one really, and one that, again imo, overstayed its welcome.
i agree with most of what you said....Chandler is by far the best character...i think that is becuase he is the only character that seems like it could be a real person...everyone else is so over the top....monica may be the exception too i guess....

I think Friends is more geared towards women....i come home everyday from work and my girlfriend is watching it...ill watch it with her for a bit and i do find myself laughing at some parts but overall its kind of corny comedy....

but hey, its considered one of the best sitcoms of all time, so i guess theyre doin something right
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #39
Bageara Bageara is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Bageara's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara
162
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacit170 View Post
each character held their own weight but if you had too choose one lead.... it was George....


[Show spoiler]Happy Festivus to all!
Costanza is a Legend his logic is profound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacit170 View Post
i agree with most of what you said....Chandler is by far the best character...i think that is becuase he is the only character that seems like it could be a real person...everyone else is so over the top....monica may be the exception too i guess....

I think Friends is more geared towards women....i come home everyday from work and my girlfriend is watching it...ill watch it with her for a bit and i do find myself laughing at some parts but overall its kind of corny comedy....

but hey, its considered one of the best sitcoms of all time, so i guess theyre doin something right

This....Friends is for woman
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #40
KoukiR KoukiR is offline
Senior Member
 
KoukiR's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Boston
326
4
12
Default

Seinfeld is by far one of the best comedies in the history of television. The one who carried that show was LARRY DAVID. Without him that show would have been nothing. Maybe that's my Curb is one of the best comedy series out now.

I really like Friends as well, there are a lot of things to like about this show. But it doesn't come close to comparing with Seinfeld. Friends was simple minded comedy show. It's comedy you don't need to really think about; they just do and say funny things that you understand quick.

Seinfeld is smart humor, I would say very smart humor. There is a lot of sarcasm and references that goes over a lot of peoples heads. I know this because my friends laugh their heads off at simply minded comedy like Fresh Prince of Bel-Air... Don't get me wrong I like FPoBA but laughing as hard as they do at that show and not finding anything funny about Seinfeld proves my theory.

I've found myself laughing so hard watching Seinfeld episodes that my back starts to hurt and I have trouble breathing.

Quote:
The Simpsons
Cheers
I Love Lucy
Married With Children
MASH
The Bob Newhart Show
Arrested Development
The Larry Sanders Show
The Cosby Show
Sanford and Son
South Park
I would like to add to this list. As funny or funnier.

The Office
The Drew Carey Show(wish this series came out on DVD, hope it comes out on blu-ray)
Modern Family
Home Improvement
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Entourage
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Family Guy(early seasons)
Big Bang Theory
Growing Pains
Step by Step
Malcolm in the Middle

I could go on.

Anyways, they both have their place in comedy history. But in my opinion Seinfeld comes out on top.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > TV Polls


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:05 PM.