Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$14.98
18 hrs ago
Terminator Genisys (Blu-ray)
$15.49
16 hrs ago
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$27.99

12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.96

The Wind Rises (Blu-ray)
$21.99
8 hrs ago
Star Trek: Lower Decks Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Super 8 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Legend of Korra: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$73.11

Hard Core Logo/Hard Core Logo 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.26

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Blu-ray)
$25.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries

Old 08-17-2019, 03:06 PM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2012
Saint Paul Park, MN

If it's a movie that I like and I don't own it on blu ray yet.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:17 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

For the most part, its 2 criteria:

1) Is it a movie I like?
2) Does it look cool?

I see no point in buying a steelbook of a movie I dont like, and I dont see the point in paying extra if the steelbook looks dumb - I'm not going to get it just because it's a steelbook. A great example of this is the Toy Story and animated Lion King 4K steelbooks, I passed on all of them and got the regular releases.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:21 AM   #23

Dec 2018

I'm a long time collector of movies but never really cared one way or another about Steelbooks - I would pick one up occasionally if it was a new movie on sale at BB or whatever, but they were always kind of MEH looking, so they didn't really resonate. I am generally far more focused on upgrading beloved films to Blu-Ray, especially now that they are so cheap.

Last few years though, it seems there has been a definite effort to make Steels into art objects and I must say, there are some that are just to cool looking to resist. I can definitely see why this is such a magnet for collectors. My impression is that there are completest/series collectors and dabblers who pick up the occasional title just because it is aesthetically pleasing. I definitely fall into the second camp because Steels are a little expensive and I'm not sure they are the most practical format for daily use since they seem to damage so easily.

So my rule is visually cool/unique and for a film I really like. I'm super picky too so I don't think my collection will be huge, unlike my ridiculous Blu collection.

I sure do appreciate all the info on this site though. I can't believe how many Steels have been produced in such a short amount of time. I would imagine, with physical media moving more and more into the niche realm again, that there is some great stuff to come.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries