Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ultra Q: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.04
1 hr ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99

Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.97

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Lost in Space: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$71.69

The Walking Dead: The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$52.89

The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$199.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows

Old 11-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Naperville, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoroDragon View Post
Preordered US Blu-Ray Version
I knew I shoulda preordered at the $24 price, darn my procrastination...hopefully it will dip again.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #22

Aug 2012

Any idea have any idea what the story is with the French "long version"? The regular French release (http://www.amazon.fr/Revenants-Blu-r...dp/B00ESVLAUQ/) is listed as 416 minutes while the long version (http://www.amazon.fr/Revenants-versi...dp/B00HAAUIAK/) is 480. But the US release is also listed as 480 minutes. Any idea what the difference is between the French versions?
Old 02-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
Berlin, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastadge View Post
Any idea have any idea what the story is with the French "long version"? The regular French release (http://www.amazon.fr/Revenants-Blu-r...dp/B00ESVLAUQ/) is listed as 416 minutes while the long version (http://www.amazon.fr/Revenants-versi...dp/B00HAAUIAK/) is 480. But the US release is also listed as 480 minutes. Any idea what the difference is between the French versions?
This made me check out my US Blu-ray set. On the cover it says the content runs to 440 minutes. I had a look at the length of the first three episodes which run from 52 to around 58 minutes, which indicates to me that like with US cable shows, there was no need to edit the episodes to exactly fit a slot and that they express the original intentions of the makers.

Maybe the French are getting an extra version which adds back a few minutes to each episode. Doesn't worry me though as I don't think longer is necessarily always better. It also strikes me as a bit mercenary as they should have released one version with an option to watch the longer cut, like they have with some other TV series, instead of going it the LOTR way.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #24
Power Member

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

This isn't a daft question as I have checked the Amazon France listing page for the Blu-ray set of the first series of Les Revenants (the longer version), and am not sure if it has an English subtitles option or not.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:19 AM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
Berlin, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
This isn't a daft question as I have checked the Amazon France listing page for the Blu-ray set of the first series of Les Revenants (the longer version), and am not sure if it has an English subtitles option or not.
It doesn't appear to have an English subtitles option. A lot of French French language titles don't have them.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #26

Dec 2013
NYC

I ordered the Blu-ray from dvd planet for $20 and I finished the whole series over the weekend. I must say I am impressed! It took me an episode or so to get used to reading the subtitles but it was worth it. Looking forward to season 2!
Old 03-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #27

Aug 2008
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoroDragon View Post
With Season Two not on Until November 2014 & in the mean time Paul Abbot is Remaking it as They Come Back for the US Market.

I just have to say America please stop with these remakes,where is creativity going if all people do is remake after remake.
I've only watched 2 shows so far and I think it's really good! I'm surprised the thread isn't longer and more current.

I agree with you on the remakes. My guess is that the dollars involved in a non-subtitled version for this market which seems to be allergic to subtitles, is just too great to pass up. Personally, I'll be passing on the american version unless there's some good reason not to. Much like Quarantine (which I haven't seen), the american version of [Rec], which I thought was pretty darn good for shaky cam stuff. Not a fan of shaky cam
Old 03-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #28

Mar 2014
Northern Ireland

I thought it was a good show but a bit bleak and definitely not the masterpiece that some people seem to think it is.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:24 PM   #29

Aug 2008
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Road_Runner View Post
I thought it was a good show but a bit bleak and definitely not the masterpiece that some people seem to think it is.
Well, it is a show about dead people. I found the script, the cinematography and the music very compelling. I appreciate the subtle (ok, maybe not so subtle) question that while we may grieve when someone dies, would we really want them back? And, in my opinion, the acting was better/ much better than average for a TV show. Would I call it a masterpiece? Probably not, but it's definitely one of the better constructed zombie shows around. Unless you like dead people to walk around with pieces of flesh falling off them from time to time

I paid $25 for the bluray, but it'd be nice if they brought the price down to $20 or less.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:02 AM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
South Midlands town of Denton
USA S2 Les Revenants(The Returned) SundanceTV on Sat., Oct. 31 at 10/9c

A SUNDANCETV ORIGINAL SERIES
directed by Fabrice Gobert, starring Anne Consigny (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly), Frédéric Pierrot (Young & Beautiful), Céline Sallette (The Connection)
RETURNS HALLOWEEN AT 10/9C

Quote:
Two years to the day after its initial US television premiere, SundanceTV will launch the highly anticipated second season of the International Emmy® and Peabody Award-winning series THE RETURNED on Sat., Oct. 31 at 10/9c. THE RETURNED is produced by Haut et Court TV for CANAL+ CREATION ORIGINALE.

To give viewers a chance to catch up on the French drama, SundanceTV will air a marathon of Season 1 on Sunday, October 18th with back to back episodes beginning at 6 AM/5c.

When THE RETURNED made its domestic debut on SundanceTV in 2013, it was met with wide critical acclaim. Touted by Time as “an expertly suspenseful thriller” and by Buzzfeed as a show that “captures some of the most beautifully eerie scenes ever on television,” the series is based on the feature film Les Revenants by Robin Campillo. Distributed by Zodiak Rights and created and directed by Fabrice Gobert, Season 2 will consist of eight one-hour episodes.

THE RETURNED takes place in an idyllic French mountain town, where a seemingly random collection of people find themselves in a state of confusion as they attempt to return to their homes. What they don’t know yet is that they have been dead for several years, and no one is expecting them back. As they struggle to reintegrate with their families and past lovers, buried secrets emerge and new mysteries develop as they grapple with a miraculous and sinister new reality.

The second season of THE RETURNED picks up six months after the deceased gathered outside the Helping Hand shelter before disappearing into the mountains with Simon (Pierre Perrier), Camille (Yara Pilartz), her mother, Claire (Anne Consigny), Julie (Céline Sallette) and the mysterious youngster Victor (Swann Nambotin). Since then, nothing has been heard of them or the police who fought to protect the Helping Hand shelter’s residents. In present day, Adèle (Clotide Hesme) is about to give birth to Simon’s child, part of the town is still flooded and the dam remains under surveillance, with the army providing logistical support for those residents who have chosen to stay. Rumors abound that the dead have returned, but the authorities refuse to believe them. The rare witnesses have chosen to remain silent or are not taken seriously, among them Léna (Jenna Thiam) and her father Jérôme (Frédéric Pierrot), who have not given up hope of finding Claire and Camille. But when a mysterious man named Berg (Laurent Lucas) pays a visit to the town, it appears he knows more than he claims.

New characters this season – Berg (Laurent Lucas), Milan (Michaël Abitboul), Audrey (Armande Boulange) and Virgil (Ernst Umhauer) – join returning characters Toni (Grégory Gadebois), Serge (Guillaume Gouix) and Lucy (Ana Girardot). THE RETURNED is produced by Haut et Court TV for CANAL+ CREATION ORIGINALE and written by Fabrice Gobert, Audrey Fouché, Coline Abert and Fabien Adda. The series is directed by Gobert and Frédéric Goupil. Mogwai will return to score the Season 1 soundtrack.

http://www.sundance.tv/series/the-re...alloween-night
Old 11-18-2015, 01:18 AM   #31
Special Member

Oct 2008
Le Canada

anyone watched season 2 ???

IMO it was pretty bad... the first season was good but MAN this one was just a mess... I didn't have a clue what was going on most of the time... too many characters, the story doesn't make any sense at all and gets frustrating at some point, the ending is also such a letdown.. It sucks because it's a show with so much potential, the cinematography is awesome, the soundtrack is great... Some of the children/teen actors were just plain bad this season, especially the actress who plays ''Camille''...

[Show spoiler]AND WE NEVER GET TO SEE ANY ''CAVE'' ZOMBIE !!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows