Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72
13 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86
2 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$71.69
14 hrs ago
Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.97

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$36.99

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Lost in Space: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

Strays (Blu-ray)
$16.79

Game of Thrones: The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$199.99

Space: 1999: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.29

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows

Old 11-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
Default Jekyll & Hyde

Quote:
UK’s ITV has commissioned a 10-part action adventure drama inspired by Robert Louis Stevenson’s “The Strange Case Of Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde,” says Deadline.

“Jekyll & Hyde” will focus on the young, attractive and troubled hero, Robert Jekyll, the grandson of the original doctor. Newly-qualified, Robert is on a quest to discover his real identity, his true family history and the nature of his ‘curse’ which is being controlled with medication by Dr Vishal Najaran. One actor will play the lead role, transforming into Hyde in moments of extreme anger and stress, and when his or the lives of others are threatened.

It is set in 1930s London at a time of Hollywood glamour, aerodynamic cars and monster movies. It’s also the second time in recent days that ITV has resurrected a classic monster: The network announced last week that Sean Bean is leading its six-part period crime drama “The Frankenstein Chronicles.”

CGI will play a “huge” part in the transformation and subsequent superhero sequences, adds the site. Certain recurring characters, including monsters, ghouls, zombies, werewolves, vampires and general freaks of nature, will also be created by CGI techniques in the ambitious ITV project.

The series, “Jekyll & Hyde,” hails from British actor and author Charlie Higson whose credits include “The Enemy” and the “Young Bond” series of books. He’ll write and executive produce.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

ITV is really going after these old monster characters. First Frankenstein and now this. Wonder if these 2 do well if they will continue and do other classic monster series.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:37 AM   #3

Feb 2012
Canada

Before Moffat did Doctor Who he tried a Jekyll and Hyde series and it lasted only one season. I liked it. Guess it was too weird at the time. Now he can just be weird with Doctor Who instead.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #4

Jun 2008
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Magnus View Post
Before Moffat did Doctor Who he tried a Jekyll and Hyde series and it lasted only one season. I liked it. Guess it was too weird at the time. Now he can just be weird with Doctor Who instead.
Jekyll was only planned to be a short serial from the beginning. There were numerous nominations for the show and people affiliated with it so I'm sure it would have continued if Moffat had wanted to.

I love the Jekyll and Hyde story so I'll be all over this. I'm not sure how I feel about the phrase "transformation and subsequent superhero sequences" though. No matter the reason for Hyde appearing or whatever he does, hero should be the furthest word from a description of him.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:26 PM   #5
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith6601 View Post
Jekyll was only planned to be a short serial from the beginning. There were numerous nominations for the show and people affiliated with it so I'm sure it would have continued if Moffat had wanted to.

I love the Jekyll and Hyde story so I'll be all over this. I'm not sure how I feel about the phrase "transformation and subsequent superhero sequences" though. No matter the reason for Hyde appearing or whatever he does, hero should be the furthest word from a description of him.
Moffat did have a sequel series written for the show if the BBC were interested but than he got involved in Sherlock and it never came to anything.

I'm sure without Sherlock we would have gotten it.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
ITV has announced the cast for writer Charlie Higson’s superhero-themed adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson’s “Jekyl & Hyde”: Tom Bateman (“Da Vinci’s Demons,” “The Tunnel”), Richard E. Grant (“Downton Abbey,” Withnail & I) and Natalie Gumede (“Coronation Street,” “Death In Paradise”).

Further cast for the action-oriented series includes Stephanie Hyam (“Murdered By My Boyfriend”), Donald Sumpter (“Game of Thrones,” “Being Human”), Amit Shah (“The Smoke,” “Hustle”), Phil McKee (“Ripper Street,” “Dracula”), Christian McKay (Rush, Theory of Everything), Ruby Bentall (“Lark Rise to Candleford,” “The Paradise”), Enzo Cilenti (“Game of Thrones”), Lolita Chakrabarti (“The Smoke,” “Death in Paradise”), Michael Karim (“Inspector Lewis”) and Ace Bhatti (“Silk,” “Eastenders”).

Here’s the synopsis: Higson’s Jekyll is a young, sensitive and naïve man of intellect and morality, a well meaning if slightly repressed character who slips between his two personas unwillingly. Hyde is a totally different person; a superhero with super powers, great strength, speed and invulnerability. He is confident, risk-taking and lives life on the edge. His self-destructive nature gets him into trouble, and yet he is an incredibly powerful force. He is a man of action who gets things done despite the consequences! Throughout the series we will witness Jekyll wrestling with the dark, brooding personality of Hyde as he struggles to come to terms with his superhero alter ego.

Higson will write and executive produce “Jekyl & Hyde,” with ITV Studios Director of Drama Francis Hopkinson (“Lucan,” “Wallander”) also executive producing with Foz Allan (“Wolfblood,” “Robin Hood”) as series producer. All ten episodes will be directed by Colin Teague (“Being Human,” “Sinbad”) with production in Sri Lanka commencing later this month and filming in London from February until July 2015.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:06 PM   #7
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Old 07-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Old 10-26-2015, 10:57 AM   #9
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Gonna have to watch this with the amount of complaining going on about it now.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:21 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
United Kingdom

ITV on a Sunday at 6pm.

Pass....
Old 12-17-2015, 06:16 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

I'm not all the way caught up with this yet, so maybe the bad reviews will match my opinions further down the line but so far from what I've watched, I've been really impressed with this. Yeah the effects are a little wobbly at times but it takes what could have been a really bland premise and spun it in a really interesting direction, making for a show that feels far more epic than it really seems to have any right to be all things considered.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows