Best TV Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Prime: George Carlin Commemorative Co… $36.49 (92% claimed)
Prime: The Marx Brothers Silver Scree… $14.99 (74% claimed)
Prime: Apollo 11 $12.99 (71% claimed)
Prime: Alfred Hitchcock: The Ultimate… $49.99 (54% claimed)
Prime: Halloween $9.99 (46% claimed)
Prime: Blue Planet II 4K $22.89 (2 hours left)
Prime: Back to the Future: 30th Anniv… $14.99 (4 hours left)
Prime: The Bourne Ultimate Collection… $19.99 (8 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collec… $26.99 (6 hours left)
Prime: Spice & Wolf: Anime Classics C… $24.59 (4 hours left)
Prime: Shin Godzilla $14.39 (3 hours left)
Prime: The Fifth Element 4K (20th Ann… $15.99 (25% claimed)
Prime: Serenity 4K $11.99 (5 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic Park Collection 4K (2… $29.99 (5 hours left)
Prime: Fighting with My Family (Direc… $12.99 (7 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic Park Collection 3D $19.99 (16% claimed)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Star Trek: Discovery - Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.99
21 min ago
Star Trek: The Original Series - Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$12.79
1 hr ago
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99
 
Lost in Space: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$199.99
 
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$36.99
 
FLCL: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
Space: 1999: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
 
Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$41.99
 
Hellsing Ultimate: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99
 
Megabeast Investigator Juspion (Blu-ray)
$35.37
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2019, 10:49 PM   #1
OceanBlue OceanBlue is offline
Power Member
 
Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
United Kingdom Line of Duty

Surprised there wasn't an existing thread for Line of Duty. The new, fifth series starts on BBC One on Sunday 31st March, replacing Baptiste. There was a trailer for it either before or after yesterday's Holby City.

Note the channel change, the show moving from BBC Two to BBC One (the first four series were shown on BBC Two).

The first four series were released on DVD only in the UK, but they've each had a Blu-ray release in Germany.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 10:55 PM   #2
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Surprised there wasn't an existing thread for Line of Duty. The new, fifth series starts on BBC One on Sunday 31st March, replacing Baptiste. There was a trailer for it either before or after yesterday's Holby City.

Note the channel change, the show moving from BBC Two to BBC One (the first four series were shown on BBC Two).

The first four series were released on DVD only in the UK, but they've each had a Blu-ray release in Germany.
Canít wait Ocean. The excellent Stephen Graham is joining the cast also.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:14 PM   #3
OceanBlue OceanBlue is offline
Power Member
 
Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Default

Haven't seen any of the first four series yet Steedeel. Not 100% sure, but I think a fifth AND sixth series were ordered by the BBC. Keeping my fingers crossed the show does well in the ratings with the upcoming fifth series.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 11:17 PM   #4
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Haven't seen any of the first four series yet Steedeel. Not 100% sure, but I think a fifth AND sixth series were ordered by the BBC. Keeping my fingers crossed the show does well in the ratings with the upcoming fifth series.
Oh, it absolutely will do well.

Just curious Ocean, why havenít you watched it yet?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:42 PM   #5
OceanBlue OceanBlue is offline
Power Member
 
Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Oh, it absolutely will do well.

Just curious Ocean, why havenít you watched it yet?
Basically haven't got round to seeing the series yet.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (03-21-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 11:52 PM   #6
CouncilSpectre CouncilSpectre is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
CouncilSpectre's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
United Kingdom
126
4462
1209
9
24
Default

In case anyone is thinking of importing the German blus, on-screen text is in German. The text epilogues for example.

Great show - each series has been pretty great tbh. Certainly hasn’t disappointed yet.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
minister_x (05-05-2019), Steedeel (03-21-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 12:03 AM   #7
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Basically haven't got round to seeing the series yet.
Itís must see tv mate, hope you get the chance soon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:04 AM   #8
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouncilSpectre View Post
In case anyone is thinking of importing the German blus, on-screen text is in German. The text epilogues for example.

Great show - each series has been pretty great tbh. Certainly hasn’t disappointed yet.
April will be great for Stephen Graham fans like myself. He is starring in a C4 drama directed by Shane Meadows entitled ‘The Virtues’.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:08 AM   #9
OceanBlue OceanBlue is offline
Power Member
 
Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Default

What is the likelihood of the UK getting a Blu-ray release of Line of Duty? Currently, it appears there has just been the German Blu-ray release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:10 AM   #10
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
What is the likelihood of the UK getting a Blu-ray release of Line of Duty? Currently, it appears there has just been the German Blu-ray release.
Very small. Even for smash hits. For example, the excellent Killing Eve is available in USA but not here!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:45 PM   #11
OceanBlue OceanBlue is offline
Power Member
 
Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
April will be great for Stephen Graham fans like myself. He is starring in a C4 drama directed by Shane Meadows entitled ĎThe Virtuesí.
Saw in the latest issue of a satellite TV magazine today a mention of The Virtues. It was on the back page in the Next Issue section, so it'll be starting in two weeks' time (subject to change).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (05-01-2019)
Old 05-01-2019, 10:48 PM   #12
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Saw in the latest issue of a satellite TV magazine today a mention of The Virtues. It was on the back page in the Next Issue section, so it'll be starting in two weeks' time (subject to change).
Yeah, saw a trailer a few days ago. It looks fantastic. Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:16 AM   #13
Martoto Martoto is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Martoto's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
Glasgow
6
Default

Boy was this crap. It's attempts at being edgy/twisty/clever were funnier than its attempts to be funny during comic relief.

[Show spoiler]I cannot believe that nobody tried to ring the burner once when Hastings was in custody or why they just assumed it had been destroyed. They nicked the idea from the Wire but in that show, there was no suggestion whatsoever that an officer was in any way involved in the ruse or that there was a ruse at all. This is a show about investigating bent police. They managed to get data on where the phone had been so that it fit with Hasting's movements, but were totally disinterested in where the burner was at present. Utterly preposterous.

Last edited by Martoto; 05-08-2019 at 07:29 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:37 PM   #14
Blu Lemmy Blu Lemmy is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Blu Lemmy's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
United Kingdom
15
661
57
8
2
Default

I've just started S1 following all the hype.....I must say, it's rather good
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (05-17-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 06:56 PM   #15
Jb162009 Jb162009 is online now
Senior Member
 
Jb162009's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Abingdon , England
75
75
41
Default

I saw S1 starring Lennie James a couple years back and never saw rest. Saw they were on last chance on iPlayer so been watching S2 to S5 ep 4, so far, for last week. And throughly enjoyable. Love the twists and conspiracies and can't wait to see how S5 is going to end, especially if the hints are true.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:23 PM.