Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ultra Q: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.04

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99

Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.97

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Arrow: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$32.99
6 hrs ago
Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$47.99
11 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$52.89

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

Country Music (Blu-ray)
$80.32

Lost in Space: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows

Old 04-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #21

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-boy View Post
It was brilliant, Matt was amazing it is going to be a hell of a season.
Agreed. I started watching with Christopher Eccleston and didn't want to like David Tennant. *I fell for him*

The first guy I saw was the one I wanted to continue seeing. I didn't expect to just go "Oh this is BRILLIANT!" when I saw Matt Smith, but I did. I hope he sticks around for awhile.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #22

Mar 2010
Wales

Time of Angels/ Flesh and Stone was brilliant edge was on the edge of my seat from start to finish def classic. Vampires of Venice was pretty good to some creepy moments with a lot of humour mixed in. I really like the concept of next week episode so cannot wait.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

Next weeks looks like a very interesting story; I'm really enjoying the story arc with the cracks and can't wait to find out what it's all about.

I'm convinced that later in the series we will see the Doctor revisit Amy in some of these stories; visiting 9 year old Amelia from ep 1 and Amy with her eyes closed in the previous weeks story with the Angels. Fascinating stuff! And apparently there is something in Ep1 that later in the series we will all wonder how we missed it...!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #24

Mar 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by partridge View Post

I'm convinced that later in the series we will see the Doctor revisit Amy in some of these stories; visiting 9 year old Amelia from ep 1 and Amy with her eyes closed in the previous weeks story with the Angels. Fascinating stuff! And apparently there is something in Ep1 that later in the series we will all wonder how we missed it...!
I was thinking the forehead kiss moment in the forest was the doctor revisiting her. Could be just a continuity error though.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

that's the scene I meant! Notice he's wearing his jacket, while in the rest of the episode he's not. I'm certain he will revisit the young Amelia to tell her something and then visit Amy in the forest and "push" her to remember it; not sure why yet, but probably something to do with sorting out the cracks.

He's re-writing time, something he said was possible at the end of that episode
Old 05-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #26
Expert Member

Apr 2009
Toronto, Canada

Looks like I get my wish!!

Space starts showing the prior seasons starting with Eccleston on May 31st!!

Looking forward to seeing what I've missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan1670 View Post
The Space channel just opened the season this past weekend in Canada. Not sure how far along you are in the UK.

Seemed good so far, I wasn't sure what to think of Matt before but he was pretty good.

I wish Space would go back and show all the other seasons starting with Eccleston.

I've only seen the specials from Tennants run and would like to see what I've missed.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:41 AM   #27

Feb 2010

the think the end of this series is gonna be all "wibbly wobbly, timey wimey"

somethings gonna happen because of this crack and hopefully its gonna be confusing really bad (really bad idea not the situation as want the doctor to be in a bad situation).
Old 05-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan1670 View Post
Looks like I get my wish!!

Space starts showing the prior seasons starting with Eccleston on May 31st!!

Looking forward to seeing what I've missed.
As with any series there are good and bad episodes, thankfully the bad eps are few and far between; Doctor Who is a huge amount of fun and there are good laughs in every episode.

With Ecclestone you can look forward to a superb Dalek story as well as a two parter set in WW2 London; "the empty child" written by Steven Moffat, who is now chief writer for the series.

Enjoy
Old 05-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #29
Special Member

Oct 2007
Berkshire, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by partridge View Post
WOW

Absolutely brilliant. Loved it from start to finish; clearly the future of Dr Who is secure and in very safe hands.

As for Amy Pond... hubba hubba!!!
The quality of the writing this season is, in my opinion, the best it has ever been!

A shame then that the BBC felt the need to cut the budget this year!

They aim very high in terms of the scale of their stories! Steven Moffat's mind must be like Pandora's box (in that I would fear to delve in to it!) They just don't have the money this year to serve their imagination!

Hopefully the BBC will consider how popular the show is, how well it is doing overseas this year (it's doing very well in the US and New Zealand!), take a look at merchandise sales, and then decide to give it the budget it deserves next year! The new Sonic Screwdriver is going to be a big hit this Christmas! Sales of that particular item alone could fund the current season twice over I imagine!

Last edited by Neil_Luv's_BLU; 05-18-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #30

Mar 2010
Wales

The writing this year has been amazing but the direction has been a bit flat IMO.

We are now in touching distance to the final! Cant wait to find what amys crack is all about.

Episode 9 spoilers:
[Show spoiler]They killed a companion! Wow they donít do that often Amy reaction was amazing glad Karen got some emotional scenes. She did a good job, heartbreaking.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #31
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-boy View Post
The writing this year has been amazing but the direction has been a bit flat IMO.

We are now in touching distance to the final! Cant wait to find what amys crack is all about.

Episode 9 spoilers:
[Show spoiler]They killed a companion! Wow they donít do that often Amy reaction was amazing glad Karen got some emotional scenes. She did a good job, heartbreaking.

Yeah it's been a pretty strong season story-wise, but I've always been impressed with the writing of the show.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #32

Feb 2010

its had some big-ish stories and hope the ending that the series has been leading to is not an anti-climax
Old 06-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #33

Mar 2010
Wales

I an more worried about a cheesy ending. I dislike the ending to the The Empty Child/Doctor Dances and Silence in the Library /Forest of the Dead, Moffatís two big two parters.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #34
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

I did not find that Vampires in Venice was that good (last episode I saw). I also am sceptical of these super arcs. I was not a fan of "Bad Wolf" and I am assuming the same thing is happening now with the cracks.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #35
Banned

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
I also am sceptical of these super arcs. I was not a fan of "Bad Wolf" and I am assuming the same thing is happening now with the cracks.
And as bad story arcs go, I wasn't exactly crazy about the S2 "The Doctor causes everyone in government to hate him, thus spinning off Torchwood" arc.
Believe me, Rose Tyler needs NO HELP WHATSOEVER from the screenwriters to be overbearing or repellent, and any artificial script embellishment to that effect is just superfluous.

(I know "Tooth & Claw" was supposed to set up our characters up as obnoxious, and succeeded beyond their wildest hopes...Who DIDN'T want to personally strangle Rose five minutes into the whole "Queen Victoria bet" running gag?
And every time she whips out her cross-time cellphone to brag her tourist photos to the folks back home in S1, you realize why it was better that every Classic-era companion was an orphan.)
Old 06-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #36

Feb 2010
BC

I don't know man, i have found the writing is weak and i no longer care about any of the characters. For me its been slipping since the masters final episode (not that stupid energy master then PM Master) Thats just me tho
Old 06-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #37
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
Default Torchwood: The New World (Series 4)

Torchwood just got the go ahead for a new 10 episode series 4 order that will air in Summer 2011. Starz will be showing it in America. Both Jack and Gwen will be back for the 4th series. I just hope that WB/BBC Video still releases the Blu-ray.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...-fourth-series

Last edited by detective392; 08-08-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010
United Kingdom

Although I'm happy there will be a fourth series, I am disappointed with the direction it's taking in that now it will no longer be set in the UK/Wales, but in the US and around the world. For me, that takes away what made Torchwood great, the fact that it is a US style show based in Wales. It was a really sweet idea, but since Russell T Daveis has moved to the US, he seems to have lost the plot. Children of Earth was brilliant, but this seems to be a major disappointment. And what is also annoying is that it isn't just being funded the BBC, but also some American station.

Sorry, but I'm sticking with Steven Moffat and his amazingly superb rendition of Doctor Who because it's what it should be. RTD is ruining what DW stood for with this series of Torchwood.

Happy John Barrowman and Eve Myles are returning. Not happy it's no longer set in the UK.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:09 AM   #39
Power Member

May 2008
Maryland, USA

Quote:
Happy John Barrowman and Eve Myles are returning. Not happy it's no longer set in the UK
Same here. I am also happy Fox didn't get their hands on it. But now I need to add Starz to my cable bill -_- lol
Old 06-09-2010, 02:27 AM   #40
Power Member

Mar 2010
Maryland
Send a message via AIM to chefazn

Yay for Torchwood!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows