Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.97

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$71.69

Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$36.99

Lost in Space: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$199.99

Megabeast Investigator Juspion (Blu-ray)
$35.37

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows

Old 01-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #1

May 2008
Default BBC's Wallander

I've been watching this show on Netflix and really loving it. We should be getting 3 more and done according to Kenneth Branaugh. Hope I'm not the only one looking forward to the last adaptations.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
South Midlands town of Denton
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gushin View Post
I've been watching this show on Netflix and really loving it. We should be getting 3 more and done according to Kenneth Branaugh. Hope I'm not the only one looking forward to the last adaptations.
I also love Wallander w/Kenneth Branaugh(I have these!) & hope to see the rest of it here in the US!

I also love Wallander w/Krister Henriksson, I have all of these on dvds & enjoy them very much!!!

Old 05-01-2016, 10:45 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
Smile Wallander, The Final Season On MASTERPIECE Mystery! Sundays, May 8 – 22, 2016 at 9pm

Wallander: Kenneth Branagh Discusses the Final Season on PBS

Quote:
Wallander: Kenneth Branagh Discusses the Final Season on PBS
by Cindy McLennan, April 22, 2016

(C) Casy Crafford/Left Bank Pictures (Television) Limited/Yellow Bird 2015. All rights reserved.

Sweedish sleuth, Inspector Kurt Wallander, returns to PBS MASTERPIECE Mystery! for the fourth and final season of the Wallander TV show. Below, star Kenneth Branagh talks about the farewell episodes leading up to the Wallander TV series finale.

Along with Branagh, the cast of Wallander includes: Jeany Spark as Linda Wallander, Richard McCabe as Nyberg, Barnaby Kay as Lennart Mattson, and Ingeborga Dapkunaite as Baiba Liepa. The final season of Wallander was filmed in Cape Town, South Africa; Skåne, Sweden; and Copenhagen, Denmark.

All three episodes of Wallander, season four, are directed by Benjamin Caron. The fourth season premiere, “The White Lioness,” was written by James Dormer. Peter Harness wrote both the second episode, “A Lesson in Love,” and the Wallander series finale, “The Troubled Man.”

Watch Branagh discuss the fourth and final season of Wallander.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/wa...al-season-pbs/
Wallander: Fourth and Final Season Debuts in May on PBS

Quote:
Wallander: Fourth and Final Season Debuts in May on PBS
by Cindy McLennan, April 12, 2016

C) Casy Crafford/Left Bank Pictures (Television) Limited/Yellow Bird 2015. All rights reserved.

The fourth and final season of Wallander premieres on PBS, Sunday, May 8, 2016. The Wallander TV series finale is set for May 22. Kenneth Branagh returns as Inspector Kurt Wallander, in the series, based on Henning Mankell’s novels.

(C) Casy Crafford/Left Bank Pictures (Television) Limited/Yellow Bird 2015. All rights reserved.

Get more information from the PBS press release.

Wallander, The Final Season On MASTERPIECE Mystery! Sundays, May 8 – 22, 2016 at 9pm ET on PBS

Kenneth Branagh (My Week with Marilyn) returns as Inspector Kurt Wallander in the Swedish sleuth’s farewell episodes, bringing the beloved, Emmy(R)-nominated series to a poignant end. As age catches up with the peerless crime-solver, he’s getting dangerously careless. Could there be a connection to his father’s Alzheimer’s Based on the novels of Henning Mankell, the Wallander series was praised as “satisfyingly twist-filled and chilling in every sense” by Entertainment Weekly. In the final mysteries, Branagh gives a heartbreaking performance of a gritty cop starting to lose his grip.

Wallander, The Final Season will be available to view online at pbs.org/masterpiece beginning the day after broadcast for a limited time.

Wallander, The Final Season is a Left Bank Pictures, Yellow Bird, TKBC series co-produced with BBC, MASTERPIECE, TV4, FiSK and Copenhagen Film Fund. Made with support from Region of Skane, City of Ystad and Ystad-Osterlan Film Fond, Sweden. In cooperation with ARD Degeto. It is adapted from two original novels by Henning Mankell. Episode one is written by James Dormer. Episodes two and three are written by Peter Harness. The Director is Benjamin Caron. Executive Producers are Andy Harries, Daniel Gylling, Kenneth Branagh, Anni Faurbye Fernandez, Rebecca Eaton, Matthew Read, and Åsa Sjöberg. The Co-producers are Ralf Ivarsson and Thomas Gammeltoft. The Producer is Sanne Wohlenberg.

The top-rated primetime show on PBS, MASTERPIECE is celebrating its 45th anniversary in 2016. MASTERPIECE is presented on PBS by WGBH Boston. Rebecca Eaton is Executive Producer. Funding for the series is provided by Viking River Cruises and Audible with additional support from public television viewers and contributors to The MASTERPIECE Trust. MASTERPIECE is known for presenting iconic shows such as Upstairs Downstairs, Prime Suspect, The Forsyte Saga, Poldark, Sherlock and Downton Abbey.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/wa...ebuts-may-pbs/
Thanks given by:
Will. (05-01-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 10:47 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
MN

Honestly one of my favorite shows. I'm sad it's ending.
Thanks given by:
hagios (05-01-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 10:58 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will. View Post
Same here!

Will we get Season 4 on Blu-ray?
Thanks given by:
Will. (05-01-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 11:13 PM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagios View Post
Same here!

Will we get Season 4 on Blu-ray?
So far season 4 is only announced for a DVD release here in the states.
Thanks given by:
hagios (05-01-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 11:15 PM   #7
Banned

Aug 2015
Thanos Cock

Ah. I will be a mess watching the end of this great show. It's one of my favorites.
Thanks given by:
hagios (05-01-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 11:22 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
Question Will Wallander Season 4 'EVER' be on Blu-ray ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
So far season 4 is only announced for a DVD release here in the states.
detective392, I'm still thinking of getting the pre-order DVD, however do you think it will ever come out on Blu-ray(would prefer BD)?
Old 05-01-2016, 11:34 PM   #9
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagios View Post
detective392, I'm still thinking of getting the pre-order DVD, however do you think it will ever come out on Blu-ray(would prefer BD)?
Hard to say. Series 3 didn't get a US BD but did get one in the UK.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:51 AM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
MN

Caught the first episode of the final season on PBS. Awesome start, with a cool location shoot in South Africa. I hope this gets a blu release, maybe in a boxed set.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:16 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
Lightbulb Wallander, The Final Season Sunday May 22, 2016 MASTERPIECE PBS 9PM ET

Old 06-04-2016, 02:59 AM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
United Kingdom Wallander: Series 4 - The Final Chapter Blu-ray

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Walla...lu-ray/156972/

Pre-ordered today(6/15/16)!

Last edited by hagios; 06-16-2016 at 01:44 AM.
Thanks given by:
Andy Rampage (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 10:46 PM   #13
Special Member

Mar 2017
Chicago, IL.
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will. View Post
Same Here! But it would also seem like it is time..

What did You Guys think Of the ending? Or is that another topic for another thread??
Old 06-28-2017, 12:27 AM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
Smile Watched

Sidetracked

Kurt Wallander is a Swedish detective in Ystad and is called to inspect a young girl on a farm in a beautiful field of yellow flowers. As he approaches the girl she douses herself with petrol & sets herself on fire. This leads Kurt to the vicious murder of a government minister. Is there an underlining connection to corruption in the Swedish govt...

Firewall

We see in the opening, two teenage girls walking away from a cab with blood from a knife dripping to the ground. They are arrested for the murder of the cab driver. A body is found near a cash point from an apparent heart attack. Are these two connected and does it involve crimes beyond Sweden...

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows