Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant (Blu-ray)
$71.69
56 min ago
Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.89

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Lost in Space: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$36.99

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$199.99

Space: 1999: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.29
15 hrs ago
Strays (Blu-ray)
$16.79
17 hrs ago
Megabeast Investigator Juspion (Blu-ray)
$35.37

High School DxD: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$31.19
16 hrs ago
Hellsing Ultimate: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows

Old 07-06-2015, 06:15 AM   #21
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

I really liked last nights episode, still has issues with predictability, but the family finally broke through being annoying and are now a bit dysfunctional and it all finally relates to the way technology has shaped them. And the overall pacing just seemed right, the drama developed naturally with space given to the right stories at the right time without any sort of conflict between where priorities lay (perhaps the robot fight club could have been set up a little earlier in the episode).

And it had one ****ing good twist.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:20 AM   #22
Banned

Nov 2007

The 'Dad' has become an irritating idiot, in the previous episode he had sex with Anita like he learned how to do it from a 1930's manual, Who has sex like that nowadays!!!?!!

And in this episode he actually admitted it to his wife when his son decided to cover for him

Seriously, who the hell won't know how she'd react, the son sure knew!!! He gave his own dad an out arrggghhhh!!!
Old 07-27-2015, 07:38 PM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

It's ashame that we're already having the final episode next week. The show was picking up pace too.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:25 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009

I'm really looking forward to the end of this, it's become one of the series I dislike but have invested enough time in to want to see how it ends. It would have been far better a couple of episodes shorter with as much of one of the most annoying families ever to appear on TV removed and far more of William Hurt and Neil Maskell instead. You could feel the whole series shift up a gear every time people who could really act appeared.

Maybe Sweden will turn out anatomically correct robots that give humans an inferiority complex and rampant pervery but Britain is far more likely to produce Kryten
Old 08-01-2015, 06:47 AM   #25
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

F**k sake, renewed for a new series.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/07/3...utm_content=11

Sort of guessed this was going to happen, either with or without AMC, so at least I'm happy on that level the deal is still in works and they have the ability to utilise that cross-production more second time around (let's be honest, this doesn't look like it's really all that expensive compared to most UK dramas). But I was really hoping this was a once and done deal, it seems like there's nothing much to do second time around other than go backwards and get to the same conclusion. And I don't want to spend anymore time with that family.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

I think the show has been improving over time, so I'm glad we're getting a second series. I'm just annoyed it's 8 episodes. 16 would have been better for a show like this.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #27
Power Member

Jun 2015
Scotland

I'm not sure what they could actually do with a second series but I'm excited for the finale.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #28
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Season finale was alright I guess. Ended around about similar place I thought it would, I never thought the
[Show spoiler]conscience code would get properly released
, granted it would have made for an audacious second season and a better cliffhanger, although judging by how the show struggled to cope with the amount of storylines it had this season, introducing that might have been too much to handle. Instead everyone got a happy ending and went their separate ways, I think the ending was more to ensure the series had a resolution incase a second season wasn't guaranteed, as long as the show introduces the higher stakes sooner next season instead of twiddling it's thumbs with idle mystery and suspense.

Overall, I do agree the show got better as it went on, and considering I was going in to the series finale saying if this doesn't deliver I'm not bothering next time. It manage to pull it relatively out of the bag, still had the mix up of scale and tone wrong, the high concept science fiction of the group of Synths and the family drama never quite fit together and narratively never fully convinced me, which makes me hopeful that we will have away with them for most the next season. I also have to say while the show pacing wise got better more as the narrative came together, the ideas started to fall out more when the conspiracy subplot came into works. So while I say it got better as it went on, it was at the cost of what I really wanted out of the show, which I feel is the biggest shame, especially when you peel it away from that tremendous marketing campaign.

It was solidly entertaining, and I'll stick with it a bit when it returns. But it didn't leave a lasting impression and I think it lacked a distinctive edge most other Channel 4 sci-fi dramas have had, which is a shame. I think for the second season, they need to return to the drawing board and get the show down to it's essentials and move it's concept forward.

7/10 (for the series as a whole)
Old 08-03-2015, 09:10 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009

I'm glad that's over. If they'd put as much effort into the series as they put into the advertising then it could have been good. So much could have been done but so little was. It completely ignored the wider ramifications of robots, slavery, mass unemployment, surveillance, AI and sentience and just dropped highly advanced robots into a stodgy family drama set in a world indistinguisable from this one (with the tech required for these things where are driverless cars and holographic 8k TVs?). How is an economy restructured to accomodate half a million of these things being used by the NHS, how much do they cost, how much power do they use, GCHQ and the NSA would have these things operating as a spy camera in every home. The ending, using the most sparsely attended million person march ever filmed, was risible in a city which has the highest density of spy cameras in the world and the twist to stretch it out to a second series was a cheat. The series had less to say and said it less profoundly than Blade Runner did more than three decades ago and if you want to see how to deftly tweak modern reality try William Gibson's Blue Ant trilogy.

I have this horrible thought that when I die it won't be my life that flashes before my eyes, it'll be all the hours I wasted on bad TV.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:05 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
Denmark

Is this better than the original swedish version though?
Old 08-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #31
Banned

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristoffer View Post
Is this better than the original swedish version though?
I thought so in the end.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:54 AM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
Out There

Well I for one enjoyed it and am looking forward to series 2
Old 08-09-2015, 01:37 PM   #33
Power Member

Jun 2015
Scotland

I thought it was pretty good. Not got a clue what they will do in the second series. Haven't seen the original Swedish version. I might track it down now this is over.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:41 AM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
United Kingdom

I just started the first ep on Sky boxsets, worth keeping up?
Old 03-30-2016, 12:02 PM   #35

Jan 2014

The US Blu-ray review has just been posted. No word yet if it is region-free or not, and I fear it may be slowed down to 24fps. There's also an Australian release - it's a shame this hasn't been released in the UK, especially since it's a UK production.
Thanks given by:
hagios (04-11-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #36
Special Member

Jul 2009
Perth, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3racer123 View Post
The US Blu-ray review has just been posted. No word yet if it is region-free or not, and I fear it may be slowed down to 24fps. There's also an Australian release - it's a shame this hasn't been released in the UK, especially since it's a UK production.
Sorry for the bump, but I just bought the Australian season 1 Blu Ray and I wanted confirmation that the correct format is 1080i50? Not the 1080p24 USA release?
Old 08-02-2016, 02:12 PM   #37
Banned

Aug 2014

Surprised Season Two hasn't started yet. I must admit I am slightly disappointed at it not being completed in time for a Summer slot when there's generally nothing on TV (as it was on last time).
Old 08-02-2016, 02:28 PM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
Surprised Season Two hasn't started yet. I must admit I am slightly disappointed at it not being completed in time for a Summer slot when there's generally nothing on TV (as it was on last time).
It's due to be shown at the end of the year. They only started filming a couple of months ago.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:41 PM   #39
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
It's due to be shown at the end of the year. They only started filming a couple of months ago.
Thanks mate, I was wonder when this was going to start up again. I think a year and a half is par for the course for Channel 4 High-Concept shows.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:49 PM   #40
Banned

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
I know. I just wish they had started filming earlier so there was something to watch over the Summer period.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows

Tags
humans